OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

Hey whoopiecushion I'm from northwest Indiana, East Chicago to be exact. You? I went to the Highland, I.N. store and they had almost everything on the list, except the rarer games diseaga, re:cv, and marvel vs. capcom 2. My old CC where I used to worked opened an hour early on sunday ( at 10:00 am instead of 11:00 ) just to add to sells. And I know this has already been posted, but just to confirm I was talking to my old manager about this and he said an e-mail was received for this to begin at a later date. Is this nationwide error? Who knows, as far a the length time of the sale I'm not sure.

Add fairly odd parents, breakin da rules,for xbox at least. great game for little brothers and sisters, also wondering about the spongebob game.

i saw on the boards doa 3 for 4.99, but is that the PH or the regular edition.

games not on sale,
Crismon Skies
Defender
midnight club 2
Jedi knight jedi academy

[quote name='ogmaster']Just wanted to add to this whole topic. Alright, I'm the main video game guy at my store. I've heard about this clearance sale for about two weeks now. Like someone said earlier, it was a sale that was supposed to be on the 11th. Technically, it's not a "sale" just a huge markdown on games. I'm assuming they're getting rid of shelf space to make way for newer games and so on. Also, for those that remember, Best Buy did a sale just like this a few months ago, so I'm sure that has an effect as well. Just a little tip for those who are going to go buy these games.

First off, please dont make a fuss. Be calm, be cool, maybe make a list of games you want to get your hands on first then check around for other games. If you're cool and relax, you wont draw any attention. Problem is, some people want help from everyone about prices and whatnot. See if you start asking for people to help you, well you get them suprised about the price. Get someone who's a little cautious, they get a manager involved and well then you'll be restricted on this and that blah blah blah. As of right now, VERY few people know about this. In my store, I'm one of like three people that know. So just be a sneaky bandit, get in, get out and try to not draw so much attention.

Also, try not to be greedy. It's a little tough I know(believe me, I got my stuff planned out), but again, you draw too much attention. If a manager gets involved, they're going to restrict you and you ruin it for everyone else on this forum and the few other forums actually talking about this.

Of course you can ignore my advice, be a fussy bastard and may or may not get your way. Just remember, some people dont realize about the clearance(mainly because not many are as good at their job as I am ), so they'll definetly will not like the idea of $40 games going for $5. It's a big numbers thing, and some people will think they lose money, of course, again, they're not as good as their job as they should be (like me, i'm the best game expert out of all the circuit city's). I've already checked, us employees get a discount on the games(4.85 for us). So no store is losing money but they think they are because of the reasons I've stated before. So have fun, enjoy your games or not and just sell them like I'm planning.

Also, if I come off a little "cocky", dont pay much attention. I know seeing a guy talk a lot of crap with a brand new account may be annoying, but I've been around the site for somet time, never registered and I felt that right now, I can provide some good input.[/quote]

I admit I've been going a little crazy but I haven't been buying some games I already own even though I've been tempted to eBay them instead I have had an employee price check a BUNCH of them for me and offered him advice on some good games to pick up. He told me how he likes multiplayer with XBox but I tried to swing him to "Haunted Mansion" and "Beyond Good and Evil" on there. Quality games you know?
Also about the sale when I came in looking around at another CC he told me all the good games were gone(Disgaea, etc.) and I showed him otherwise. Told him about various games, quality, etc. Yeah I'm a showoff with my knowledge but at the same time I like to inform people about good games.
Also I'm just gonna post this next thing in general as speculation so don't get fussy people.
All old NON print PH for the XBox with a few exceptions(Halo, Hitman 2, Brute Force and some others) SHOULD ring up at $4.99 in fact I'm almost POSITIVE Blinx will ring up at $4.99. This all reminds me, I need to buy a friend Freq and potentially DDRMAX under this sale.

I'm going in today at 11, I hope to god that not everything is gone. Knowing my luck they won't even have any shrek games or disneys party.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Did anyone go today yet? Is stuff still 4.99?[/quote]

You do realize that CC doesn't even open until 11am at most locations today right?

MasterChief Mario I used to work at the CC in Calumet and let me tell you the employees there are clueless when it comes to games. On the plus side there were like 5-6 Diseaga left, no marvel vs. capcom, and 1 re:cv. Most of the list they should have though.

[quote name='ogmaster']Well I posted on teh official thread about some tips so I wont post it here. But just a little heads up. It's very very very unlikesly you'll find a few titles. Just to name a few:

Rez (of course)
Disgaea (none of the stores got many copies early on, and we received only a few extra copies of the title)
GGX/X2 (not many were given to the stores, still maybe one or two around, MAYBE)
Ape Escape 2 (same as above)
MvC/2 (again, like above)
Zoe 2 (we had a sale a few months back that made this game 7.99, so dont expect to find many of these)
Viewtiful Joe (this can be a 50/50, some stores have several copies that have never been touched while others havent seen a copy since they sold out months ago)
Suikoden 3 (very hard to find at any store)
DDR (maybe one out ten stores still have this one in stock)
DOA Volleyball(these we havent gotten at my store for about four months so unless a store didnt sell those initial copies, dont expect this one)
Ikagura (very few copies were given to the stores. I think my store had at most, three copies at one time and thats when the game first came out)

So if you're expecting to find like 20 of these games out on the floor waiting for you, forget that dream right now. You'd be lucky to find one of these titles at your store, let alone multiple copies(unless of course your store is a very dead circuit city).

Also, for the love of god, do not ask "DO you have any in the back?" Everything is out and that's all there is.[/quote]

You forgot to mention "Guitarooman". :wink: I KNOW it's gotta be $4.99 even if there's one around in a backwoods CC. ;-P

who is this kaoz dude? He edits his posts to read "etc" or did he do this just to add to his post count?

Besides the fact that he claims to have purchased 1500 worth of games ... i bet he's 10 and needs his mom to drive him to CC.

[quote name='sman113']who is this kaoz dude? He edits his posts to read "etc" or did he do this just to add to his post count?

Besides the fact that he claims to have purchased 1500 worth of games ... i bet he's 10 and needs his mom to drive him to CC.[/quote]

Hey, I'm 16 and I need my mom to drive me to CC.

I just got through updating the list with a few stragglers and games from CC's own website! Don't bother trying to order online - all the greedy bastards cleared everything out long ago. :D

I will be out enjoying the day (as should all of you) so I will try to update this evening, although after today I think it will be a moot point.

Good luck to all!

Off I go....I'm still looking for Disgea....

Me and Jenus are off soon. There's a bunch of stuff that we saw but didn't know was marked down until we got back...I'll be praying to Grongomet the Weaver King for him to have mercy and leave a few copies of MGS2:S and Dark Cloud 2.

So though the hours might be normally 11 on Sundays, are they different for today? In case it is answered in that other thread, sorry, but I couldnt find it in 600 posts!

[quote name='Arakias']So though the hours might be normally 11 on Sundays, are they different for today? In case it is answered in that other thread, sorry, but I couldnt find it in 600 posts![/quote]

Normal store hours for today.. Some CC stores open at 10:00am on Sundays. Check the site and make sure you dont miss out on an hours worth of game shopping time, ust may be enough to miss out on all the deals..

Woah, I need someone to confirm this for me... is this happening at all Circuit City's, and are the games priced $5 or do you have to take a chance to see wether they ring up like that or not. Also are they open today, July 4th?

Yes, they are open today. Opens at 10am here on the west coast. The website says 11am, buts its actually 10am. Everything on the list on page 1 is $5... good deal huh?

About to start my hunt in an hour. Here's what I'll be looking for.

GBA

Boktai ***
Tactics Ogre
Breath of Fire 2
Lunar Legends

GC
Ikaruga
Viewtiful Joe
Def Jam

PS2
Dynasty Warrior 4
Shadow Hearts
Suikoden 3

xbox
Gladius
Panzer Dragoon Orta

If I even get four of these I'll be happy.

Missed out on everything last night..Hopefully I can grab some stuff off my huge list today. I'll grab one extra of some of the more popular titles to sell to fellow CAG's who couldn't grab them :D

Thank you for replying, about the time, I am on the east coast and its past 10! I should be a CC now just in case, DAMN! ciao!

thye most likely wont be priced that way, you must get them priced checked. im on my way out now to pick stuff out.

long shot guess but those $5 off xbox live software coupons from best buy, use them at circuit cuz they match coupons. sweet deal if they'll let you

how many people have confirmed that sword of mana is still $30? It is NOT part of the sale.

The rest of the list is accurate?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']About to start my hunt in an hour. Here's what I'll be looking for.

GBA

Boktai ***
Tactics Ogre
Breath of Fire 2
Lunar Legends

GC
Ikaruga
Viewtiful Joe
Def Jam

PS2
Dynasty Warrior 4
Shadow Hearts
Suikoden 3

xbox
Gladius
Panzer Dragoon Orta

If I even get four of these I'll be happy.[/quote]

Just a word of warning there was only ONE "Shadow Hearts" at this CC I know and at none others. I SERIOUSLY doubt you'll find it, just warning you ahead of time.

long shot guess but those $5 off xbox live software coupons from best buy, use them at circuit cuz they match coupons. sweet deal if they'll let you

you actually think a manager is going to let you a coupon on these 4.99 titles. LOL. its a very very very .... long shot.

Yeah, I don't expect to find Ikaruga or VJ or Shadow Hearts. But odly enougn my CC had a copy of the bouncer, and isn't that ancient. So who knows. I might luck out.

Franly, I wantr to limit my spending to 20 bucks.

Actually I expect you MIGHT be able to find VJ, even Ikaruga.
Yeah "The Bouncer" isn't a bad buy for $4.99. I THINK the Japanese version had more content on it though for endings and stuff.

just 40 minutes...the anticipation is killing me...and I know I'm probably not going to find anything...

Konami Advance? I took Konami Arcade directly off CC's website this morning. As far as the GH versions, from what I'm seeing these may not be included, but that really defies logic as they should still have the same sku from the publisher. CC has a different sku on their price tags, so that may account for the differences.

I'm wondering if that accounted for the price difference on "Syberia" too Raven.
I think it was marked as a CC value or budget game ya know?

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to thiese markdowns, although it would be a safe assumption to p/u the older games and have them scanned.

Anything in particular you are hoping to score?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yeah, I don't expect to find Ikaruga or VJ or Shadow Hearts. But odly enougn my CC had a copy of the bouncer, and isn't that ancient. So who knows. I might luck out.

Franly, I wantr to limit my spending to 20 bucks.[/quote]

Mine has Shadow Hearts. I will pick it up. If you wanna tradwe just PM me and I will see if we can work something out

Hey Raven Hawk - maybe in your second post (third one in the thread) you should post games that have been verified to NOT scan $4.99
if so, i'll start - i had them acan crimson skies for xbox and it is 29.99 as well as return to castle wolfenstein for xbox (scanned marked price) and also castlevania (scanned marked price, but today in their ad it is 14.99)

[quote name='RavenHawk']There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to thiese markdowns, although it would be a safe assumption to p/u the older games and have them scanned.

Anything in particular you are hoping to score?[/quote]

Well I was hoping to score "Sword Of Mana" and I MIGHT grab "Megaman and Bass" too. It depends on the amount of copies for "Megaman and Bass".
"Syberia" I would've liked but since problems are happening I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back