OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

[quote name='ogmaster']Also, for the love of god, do not ask "DO you have any in the back?" Everything is out and that's all there is.[/quote]

Thats horse shit. Last time CC had a clearance sale, I asked 2 different stores if they had any more copies of certain games, the kids said let me check in back, and sure enough they came back out with one.

I ended up getting:

PS2
Onimusha 2
Rygar
Devil May Cry 2
Parappa the Rapper 2

Also if anyone has a copy of Rez they picked up and would be willing to sell, I'd be willing to pay handsomely for it - PM please.

Going to try again today. I at least might be able to get Code Veronica for GC, thanks to the price match policy with the site. Here's hoping. Wish me luck. o_o;

[quote name='sman113']who is this kaoz dude? He edits his posts to read "etc" or did he do this just to add to his post count?

Besides the fact that he claims to have purchased 1500 worth of games ... i bet he's 10 and needs his mom to drive him to CC.[/quote]

I don't know if he really purchased 1500 games, but he did have an image up that showed a table full of stacked games, at least a hundred or so. Of course, he has now removed this image from his webspace since he decided to delete what little contribution he's made to this topic and instead try to pawn off G-Mail accounts.

As for "checking the back", just ask a CC employee to search for a game in their database...if it's in stock, they can tell.

I will also be going there in just a short time. To the Fresno California store. I saw a few of the games on list. But i've got some people that already want copies of certain games.

If anyone gets a Disgaea, Zone of Enders 2, DMC2, i would be glad to pay you for them and a little extra.

[quote name='Richter']YES[/quote]THANK YOU. Now I will return to normal typing. I'm leaving in about 5 minutes and I had asked in other threads with no answer. BIG letters help. :)

I've got my list made.

Made it, and included cover art for the games, since my aunt will probably be helping me in the hunt.

Dynasty Warriors 4
ESPN NHL Hockey
MSG: Encounters in Space
War of The Monsters.

Guilty Gear X
Guilty Gear X2
Capcom vs SNK 2 (Maybe)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Maybe)
Ape Escape 2
ZOE: 2nd Runner
Rygar
Indiana Jones
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
REZ
Freestyle Metal X
Burnout 2
Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
Clock Tower 3
Disgaea
Fantavision
ICO
The Bouncer
Timesplitters 2

My updated list that I'm about to leave to search down.

1Disgaea

2Ikaruga
3Marvel VS Capcom 2
4Guilty Gear X2
5Devil May Cry 2
6RE: Dead Aim
7REZ
8Stretch Panic
9Wild Arms3
10Maximo
11MegaManNetworkTran
12Re: Remake?
13PSO
14Botaki
15Frequency
16Dance Dance Rev
17Wipeout Fusion
18RE:3
19Sudioken3
20NinjaAssult+Guncon
21ClockTower3
22ApeEscape2
23GitarooMan
24The Sims (GC)
25State of Emergency (PS2)?

Im going now, I hope to find at least four and I only have $50 so I hope no more than 10.

To all those who live in Northern Delaware: The Circuit City in Newark (by Christiana Mall) was pulling these games off the shelves as soon as the store open. I was only able to grab 3 (Alien VS Predator (xbox), Spy Hunter 2 (Xbox), Bomberman Generation (GC). One of the Circuit City workers kept folloing me around (I had the complete list) and kept taking things as soon as I grabbed them (I lost DMC 2, PNO3, Kung Fu Chaos, etc.), I had those 3 above before he starting doing this. I am so pissed right now. He kept saying that this sale was for next week. I asked the jacka$$ what's the difference if I buy it now or next week. There were other customers with the lists and suffered the same bullsh$t I went through. So I am warning those Delawarians who were considering going to Circuit City today. Such BullSh$t. Oh I and forgot, to top it off, he kept asking me if this game or this game were on the list!!!. Unreal.

I just got back from thwe Florence, KY store. They had a TON of games. There were a few guys from Fatwallet there picking threw them when I showed up. I took a look at their list and ours was much more indepth. Some dumb-ass ask a clerk to price check a bunch of the $4.99 games, who then got a higher-up. He then told us that he had called the CC help line and the $4.99 games were all computer glitches and that he wouldn't let any of us buy anything, that all games would be rang up at prices marked. I called bullshit on him and was asked to leave. fuck YOU CC!!!!!

i pulled my post because someone was posting them on
FW.
and if you think iam bad you can only imagine what that forum can do to a store in a matter of mins.

At the Southfield, Michigan store the employees didn't know about this, so they still had some stuff. I was there when the doors opened and the only person looking for $5 games for the first half an hour.

The GH version of Maximo is ringing up $19.99 but the non-GH is ringing up $4.99.

I only checked PS2 games, but they still had Rygar, Freaky Flyers, Buffy:Chaos Bleeds, Rocky, Frequency, Devil May Cry 2, Dr. Muto, Fantavision, Freestyle Metal X, Gundam:Federation vs. Zeon , Megaman X7, MIB 2: Alien Escape, Minority Report, Stretch Panic, Legends of Wrestling 2, Roadkill, Pryzm Chapter One, Ty the Tasmania Tiger, Bloody Roar 4 and many copies of NFL Blitz Pro on the shelf as of 11:30.

[quote name='RedBoot'][quote name='sman113']who is this kaoz dude? He edits his posts to read "etc" or did he do this just to add to his post count?

Besides the fact that he claims to have purchased 1500 worth of games ... i bet he's 10 and needs his mom to drive him to CC.[/quote]

I don't know if he really purchased 1500 games, but he did have an image up that showed a table full of stacked games, at least a hundred or so. Of course, he has now removed this image from his webspace since he decided to delete what little contribution he's made to this topic and instead try to pawn off G-Mail accounts.

As for "checking the back", just ask a CC employee to search for a game in their database...if it's in stock, they can tell.[/quote]

Is it this pic?

games.jpg

Take Sword of Mana off of the list, was $29.99 here =(. The guy was nice tho and rang up Bontai 2x and gave me Sword of Mana for free, I dunno if he did it on purpose or what.

So many CAG's at the Route 22 one, glad I got there early

[quote name='AlucardDE']To all those who live in Northern Delaware: The Circuit City in Newark (by Christiana Mall) was pulling these games off the shelves as soon as the store open. I was only able to grab 3 (Alien VS Predator (xbox), Spy Hunter 2 (Xbox), Bomberman Generation (GC). One of the Circuit City workers kept folloing me around (I had the complete list) and kept taking things as soon as I grabbed them (I lost DMC 2, PNO3, Kung Fu Chaos, etc.), I had those 3 above before he starting doing this. I am so pissed right now. He kept saying that this sale was for next week. I asked the jacka$$ what's the difference if I buy it now or next week. There were other customers with the lists and suffered the same bullsh$t I went through. So I am warning those Delawarians who were considering going to Circuit City today. Such BullSh$t. Oh I and forgot, to top it off, he kept asking me if this game or this game were on the list!!!. Unreal.[/quote]

Not CC policy just piss poor management which CC is known for.

I was going to go back today but I think I will just be content with what I found yesterday and be happy.

Hell I got REZ for $5. :D

[quote name='Ronin4223']I just got back from thwe Florence, KY store. They had a TON of games. There were a few guys from Fatwallet there picking threw them when I showed up. I took a look at their list and ours was much more indepth. Some dumb-ass ask a clerk to price check a bunch of the $4.99 games, who then got a higher-up. He then told us that he had called the CC help line and the $4.99 games were all computer glitches and that he wouldn't let any of us buy anything, that all games would be rang up at prices marked. I called bullshit on him and was asked to leave. shaq-fu YOU CC!!!!![/quote]

LOL DAMN DUDE!

I was up there and seen the dude you were talking about with the price check crap but left before the action went down. I didn't end up getting anything though since i was just looking for a few Xbox games which they didn't have and the few tough to get ps2 games and the ninja assualt with the guncon.

So nobody got any $5 games?

Damn that sucks about the crappy management. The management out our store was pretty much handing the games out. Offering to both look them up and price check them from the get go.

[quote name='$hady']he said $1500 not games thats only 300 games without figurung in tax and that looks like about that many games

games.jpg
[/quote][/quote]

No offense to anyone here but 75% of the CC list is garbage.What the hell is he gonna do with all of them?Wal Mart onlu gives 3 no reciept returns every 6 months.

For the few that are on the list Dynasty Warriors and Simpsons Hit and Run are still ringing up regular price. They have NFL Blitz Pro but I didn't ask for it to be rung up. The selection was pretty poor. Perhaps they have a local database that hasn't been updated?

WARNING! DON'T GET THEM PRICECHECKED JUST TAKE THEM THROUGH THE REGISTER NAD ONE RINGS UP MORE TELL UM YA DONT WANT IT

SOME DUDE IN THE OTHER THREAD JUST SAID MANAGEMENT CALLED FOUL AT TEH FLORENCE KY STORE AND SAID IT'S A COMPUTER GLITCH..... Nobody got any $5 games there..

oops caps oh well.

I was up there and seen the dude they were talking about with the price check crap but left before the action went down. I didn't end up getting anything though since i was just looking for a few Xbox games which they didn't have and the few tough to get ps2 games and the ninja assualt with the guncon.

I went to CC this morning , didn't know they opened at 11 so spent a good deal of time sitting in my car in the parking lot (nothing but star bucks was open ) but it was all worth it in the end. They didn't even know about the deal, I asked a cashier to price check and she had a weird look after seeing the price but she didn't care enough to call a manager about it. So in the end I got for myself

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 XBOX
Alien vs Predator XBOX
Chaos Legion PS2
Crimson Sea XBOX
Street Fighter EX3

And since I wasn't trying to be an ass I got my friend (who is stuck at work)

Zone of Enders 2 PS2
Evolution Worlds GC

Thanks to whoever posted the deal and thanks to Cheapy D for such a great site !

Man, what a day!

I'm also in Delaware. BigBen and I went to CC it the Christiana Mall in DE, and I frankly felt the pickings were slim. At least for the games that I wanted. This was around 6:30. I don't know what he got, but I didn't see anything in his hand so I expect the same. Frankly, if I didn't want it, I wasn't going to buy it for five dollars just to have it.

I went to Wilmington DE next and lucked out. Got the last two copies of Disgaea. And there were other things too. But that's all I bought. Give other cagss a changce and all. Again, I frankly didn't see much. I saw Dynasty Warriors 4, and I should have bought it, but I didn't bother a price check.

Anyway, Knowing the list grew bigger, and tat I had pretty much hit gold with disgaea, I thought I'd go to CC todayu. Store supposedly opens at 11, but I got there at 10:45 and they were already open. No biggie. I go in, and there are list holders EVERYWHERE. On every aisle. And after one would leave a nother one would enter the store. Everyoen had their little prrintout. I had my small list in my back pocket, but I joked about it with a couple guys and it was all in good fun. But Wilmington is pretty picked over. Think I saw a fistful of Boomstick. That's it. And DW4 was gone.

I went to the CC in Wilmington first, because they have better service in my experience. A better management group. For example, the CC at the mall wouldn't sell penny xbox promotions but the one in Wilmington would. Anyway, I go down to the CC in DE and it's pandemonium! The redshirts are scouring the shelves.

SO, I go up, and playing dumb, I asked whwat was happening. I got the same story about there being a glitch in the system yada yada yada. Then he went on to explain that around closing last night, someone hooded came into the store and started creating bundles of games under his arms. Because it appeared he was hiding his face, and he was grabbing whatever he could find near closing, it was considered suspicious activity. So they confront him and he explained how everything was five dollars and he was going to purchase them all. I think management went nuts, because they had no idea! I guess it was something like what happened in San Diego.

Anyway, this guy left with about 30 to forty games according to one redshirt. Another one mentioned he had spent $80 dollars, so that's more like 20 games for that price. Either bway, Management went, take em all off the shelf, NOW! So they're going through clearing everything. Describing that this was a glitch. I explain the reason I came was that Gladius was on the CC website for $5, and I wanted to please pick up a copy if they had it. I was polite, and they looked for it for me, but they didn't have any copies. Maybe they had already been sold, I dunno.

But I'm telling you, it's a mess. According to what red shirts at twoi stores told me, people are coming into a store and just buying everything not nailed down that rings up $5. I remember asking why they didn't institute a limit and somebody said that's a good idea. Use hand stamps or something so they know who has already gotten their limit of five games or whatever.

But just so you know, the C's in Norther DE are officially Cleaned out. You might find one or two things in Wiklmington, buut they're probably being sold as we speak.

I do have one more insight. According to a Manager I talked to, this was supposed to be a sale on the 11th. So, not only should we see games for $5 back on the shelves then, it will be advertised. I don't know if they'll list the games, but there will be an advertisement in next weeks ad. If that's so, we should see more games trickle onto the website, like we saw this morning. I'm hoping the games they have online come back in stock and that they add more $5 games. Remember, CC has a large habit of having games go in and out-in and out-in and out on their website.

But the way they described it, at the rate this is going there wouldn't be a game left iin the shop by noon,, so they had to pull it so they could give more customers a fair chance when it officially goes on sale. I can sympathize with their plight somewhat. But I do have to agree with AlucardDE. Basically he got screwed due to CC's poor planing.It's not really fair to him to do that. As Buena Girl would say, "It's not right!" I'm sorry you missed out buddy. But welcome to CAG anyway.

[quote name='$hady']he said $1500 not games thats only 300 games without figurung in tax and that looks like about that many games

games.jpg
[/quote][/quote]

Sweet Jebus! :shock:

i know, i know - this has been asked before - but there seems to be quite the descrepancy on the time they open - one CAG says taht his store says it opens at 11 on the website but said they actually open at 10 - my stores say they open at 11, on the site also, so how do we know what time they open TODAY? i checked their newspaper ad today and there is no mention of hours !

[quote name='DX'][quote name='$hady']he said $1500 not games thats only 300 games without figurung in tax and that looks like about that many games

games.jpg
[/quote][/quote]

No offense to anyone here but 75% of the CC list is garbage.What the hell is he gonna do with all of them?Wal Mart onlu gives 3 no reciept returns every 6 months.[/quote]

Yea the games weren't that great, but ebay & gamerush make the deal more attractive but alot of hassle and yea i have the max refunds w/o receipt at wm already...

I just got back from the Orange, CT Circuit City.

Picked up:

Robotech The Macross Saga
Shining Soul
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Bloody Roar 4
Parappa 2
Bomberman Generation
Ico
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Mega Man X7

No Viewtiful Joe, R.A.D., or Dragon Warrior 7, but I'm still happy as hell.

ahh. thank heavens for NJ blue laws. the CC by me isnt open on sundays so I'll have to wait till Monday morning to see if everythings sold out.

[quote name='zarraza']i know, i know - this has been asked before - but there seems to be quite the descrepancy on the time they open - one CAG says taht his store says it opens at 11 on the website but said they actually open at 10 - my stores say they open at 11, on the site also, so how do we know what time they open TODAY? i checked their newspaper ad today and there is no mention of hours ![/quote]

Because half the board has been there today already.

[quote name='jalu6']ahh. thank heavens for NJ blue laws. the CC by me isnt open on sundays so I'll have to wait till Monday morning to see if everythings sold out.[/quote]

yep why i planned a trip up there for monday morning haha, go bergen county

Just got back from CC in Gainesville, got out with 10 games. No Viewtiful Joe (dude got the last one), and no Ikaruga. so if anyone has an extra, please PM me.

Oh, and shame to the chinese dude who bought four copies of DOA Volleyball. Have fun wacking off to it.

Admiral Ackbar-thanks for the info. I ended up with a total of 6 games (3 online (if they don't cancel the order) and the 3 I mentioned earlier. It just pissed me off that I was being followed (the Newark store knows me pretty well (spend a lot of money there) and they thought I would be nice and tell them what is on the list. Well can't say it was complete lost. I may start to shop at the Wilmington store. The Newark store has been my store of choice due to its 3 minutes away from my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back