OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

I just got back from the South Blvd. CC in Charlotte. They were fairly picked over, but there's still some titles left if anyone is in the area.

Purchases:

Skies of Arcadia Legends (last copy)
NBA Street (GCN)
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (GCN)
Roadkill (Xbox)
Spy Hunter 2 (Xbox)
Aliens vs. Predator Extinction (Xbox)

My brother and I were there when the store opened (along with a few others in the know). An employee was laughing when he saw us with a list and started pointing out the games he knew were $5 and said he'll be doing that all day. He said he picked up a bunch of games yesterday and traded them all in for credit elsewhere.

[quote name='sman113']Oh, and shame to the chinese dude who bought four copies of DOA Volleyball. Have fun wacking off to it.[/quote]

Ha ha. you just sound jealous that you wont get the chance. :lol:

Just got back from the CC in Parkersburg WV and they still had some games on the list. I went in with a list of 19 GC and GBA games and came out with 6 of them so I'm very happy. I was there at opening and was the only person even looking at games the whole time I was there. The clerk scanned the games and then rang them up with absolutely no hassle.

I got:

Chu Chu Rocket GBA (last copy)
P.N. 03 GC (still had copies)
Bomberman Generations (last copy)
Mario Party 4 (last copy)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (still had copies)
Mega Man Network Transmissions (still had copies)

I didn't even look at the PS2 or X-Box games so they probably still have some available.

Oh, and Sword of Mana should not be on the list, it's still $29.99.

Overall, I paid a little over $30 for games in which their sticker prices ring up to $200. Very nice deal...

They also had multiple copies of Viewtiful Joe but since I already have the game I left them for someone else. They didn't have Ikaruga or Phantasy Star Online, Phantasy Star Collection, or Boktai though.

[quote name='nmon3447']Oh man now there are 3 confirmed CAGers in Bergen County. Good luck fella's and see you there monday :)[/quote]

im almost tempted to drive ot the store in Wayne, but im not sure if it would be cleared out yet. anyone NJ CAGs know?

Just got back from the store in Brooklyn, NY. I got there 10 minutes after opening and I see a bunch of people with baskets filled with games. The manager went over to one guy and asked why he is buying so many games and he said they are on sale. So when people started to go pay for them and the workers saw they were $5 each, they made up a rule saying there was a limit of 3 games per customer. I only found 6 games I wanted so me and my dad bought them seperately. If I had wanted more, I would have fought with them since nowhere does it say there is a limit. A bunch of friends that had alot of games also paid seperately, but then went to pay for the rest at other registers. Another guy was mad that some guy came and bought multiple copies of Mario Party 4 and Ikaruga. I was a little pissed that I got there late and all the other people took most of the good stuff.

I got the following:
MGS 2 Substance
Kung Fu Chaos
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Gaunlet Dark Legacy
Dark Cloud 2
Vexx

7PM I think? Not too sure.

Anyhow, I was able to get some of the games I wanted this morning. Thanks guys, for all your help. :)

They are open till 6 and I'll confirm it's still going on there was 2 people in there when I went in. Most games are gone but still some good ones.

Also Sword of Mana is not a 5 dollar game to confirm. I believe I saw that on a list.

fuckERS! I got there and they were pulling games off the shelf and putting them in a big bin. I'm all like, cool, theyre actually gonna have the games in a bargain bin and I don't have to guess which ones are $5. But I grabbed DMC and they're like, you can't buy that. I thought they were kidding because they were talking about which ones they were getting and stuff, so I just laughed and walked off with it. Then they said, no, seriously, you can't buy that. So I asked why and they said there was a computer glitch and the sale wasn't supposed to be until nexty Sunday and so they were pulling the games off the shelves and taking them back. God dammit!

I went to CC North Attleboro this morning and got

PS2
DMC2
Street fighter ex 3
Onimusha 2
Guilty gear x
Armored core 2

Xbox
Swat
Wakeboarding unleashed

There were a few other people with lists there. I think that if this is supposed to be a sale for next week, they are gonna have alot of customers po'ed because they will probaly be all sold out of games by then. But I'm happy :D I was able to get in on this sale unlike the Best Buy one.

[quote name='jalu6'][quote name='nmon3447']Oh man now there are 3 confirmed CAGers in Bergen County. Good luck fella's and see you there monday :)[/quote]

im almost tempted to drive ot the store in Wayne, but im not sure if it would be cleared out yet. anyone NJ CAGs know?[/quote]

Yes I went there yesterday around 5pm and most of the employee's had the stuff hidden (I'm friends with like 50% of the people who work there we all play MVC2 at Willowbrook so I got to look through the CPU and see what they have), some were nice tho and let me grab some of the stuff they put to the side, but for the most part it was raided by the employees.

We can have a CAG party in the Circuit City parking lot up in Paramus, see you there! =)

OP, you live in Canton? The CC at Chapel Hill has some games, I just came back from there. No Viewtiful Joes, no Disgaea.

I believe CC's are open normal hours today. The two beside me were (they opened at 11).

Anyways, these are $5:

GBA
Super Bust a Move

GBC
Zelda: Oracle of Ages

These games I checked, and they ARE NOT on sale:
Animal Crossing (GC)
Sonic DX (GC)
Eyetoy w/ camera (not Groove) (PS2)
Karaoke Revolution w/ headset (PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Unlimited Saga (PS2 - it was $15 if anyone cares)

The CC here in Greensboro, NC has not much of anything worth mentioning. When I got there, the employees were frantically scanning games, and setting them aside for themselves because a guy came in and bought up a bunch of XBOX games. Even the manager was in on it, heh.

The CC in High Point, NC on the other hand does have some things worth going there for, other than Disgaeas or Viewtiful Joes. If you've ever been to the CC in High Point, then I'm sure you know that next to no one goes in there. Also, the girl that works the electronics area is super nice, and let me scan a couple games. She even checked to see if they had some games in stock for me.

Thank you original poster for rocking my body.

[quote name='Ultimatallica']shaq-fuers! I got there and they were pulling games off the shelf and putting them in a big bin. I'm all like, cool, theyre actually gonna have the games in a bargain bin and I don't have to guess which ones are $5. But I grabbed DMC and they're like, you can't buy that. I thought they were kidding because they were talking about which ones they were getting and stuff, so I just laughed and walked off with it. Then they said, no, seriously, you can't buy that. So I asked why and they said there was a computer glitch and the sale wasn't supposed to be until nexty Sunday and so they were pulling the games off the shelves and taking them back. God dammit![/quote]
that doesn't make any sense - take them back to their AOL for broadband section in their computer dept. and pull up their own website and show them that the clearance that isn't supposed to start yet started this morning!

Oh and they asked where I heard of the sale, and I just mentioned the internet and then they acted like they were the ones that spread the news. Dooschbags.

[quote name='rsigley'][quote name='jalu6'][quote name='nmon3447']Oh man now there are 3 confirmed CAGers in Bergen County. Good luck fella's and see you there monday :)[/quote]

im almost tempted to drive ot the store in Wayne, but im not sure if it would be cleared out yet. anyone NJ CAGs know?[/quote]

Yes I went there yesterday around 5pm and most of the employee's had the stuff hidden (I'm friends with like 50% of the people who work there we all play MVC2 at Willowbrook so I got to look through the CPU and see what they have), some were nice tho and let me grab some of the stuff they put to the side, but for the most part it was raided by the employees.

We can have a CAG party in the Circuit City parking lot up in Paramus, see you there! =)[/quote]

nice its like a tailgate party! lolz

You can add Super Bust-A-Move to the PS2 list as well. Thanks for the great deal! Can't believe I just picked up Viewtiful Joe for $5!

Oh well, at least I know that no one will be able to get the games and I'll have the first crack at them when I get there next week.

[quote name='Ultimatallica']Oh and they asked where I heard of the sale, and I just mentioned the internet and then they acted like they were the ones that spread the news. Dooschbags.[/quote]
i'm goin this morning and if they ask, i'm just gonna tell them i was at another store last night and they told me! :twisted:

Today's haul:
Ninja Assault
Mega Man NT
Mystic Heroes
Futurama
Gundam Federation
Beach Spikers
War of the Monsters
Lunar GBA
Boktai
Resident Evil CV
Chaos Legion
PaRappa 2
Okage
DMC 2
Bloody Roar 4
P.N.03
R.A.D.
Still didn't get my top 4 choices of Disgaea, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Party 4 and Mega Man X7.

Mega Man Battle Network 3 and Sword of Mana did not work for me.

I did however pick up many others, so thanks :)

So I got to CC about a minute after it opened, alongx and some guy from fatwallet was there, picked up

GBA
Mega Man Zero 2 (should be added to lists, I didn't see it on any)

GCN
PSO Ep. I & II

PS2
Dynasty Warriors 4
Okage: Shadow King
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown (I bought this because I saw a lot of CAG's had bought it, then I come home and find out it's a 63% on gamerankings.com. What the hell is wrong with you people?)

The lack of most of the good PS2 games on the list led me to believe that someone gave the store a light reaming last night. I know that CC has had Disgaea before but there were none to be found when I got there. No Ikaruga but I didn't really expect to find one. Saw Shining Soul and I may go back and get that. I can confirm Super Smash Brothers Melee is not included in this sale. There were a couple Dragon Warrior VII's though, but I already own that.

edit: might not do any trading after all

WTF, went to my local CC store this morning and the guy said that althrugh the Sale started yesterday, most of the games were sold today.

He said guys were coming in and not buying handfuls, but ARMFULS of games, even multiple copies of some, and basiclaly clearing out the whole $5 game list, wheter or not they even wanted to play the game :( I went at 12:25 and the employee said only a few scattered ones were left, so I didnt even bother trying.

Man would have been nice to snag Roadkill or Dynasty Warriors 4.

I picked up 19 games this morning; the Circuit City in Charlottesville, VA still has many games that are only $5, but most of the good ones are gone (now that I and a fellow CAG member picked em clean ;) )... Never bought so many games at once in my life... lol

Just got back from Arlington, TX CC. Came away with:

PSO I & II
ICO
Dark Cloud 2
Chaos Legion
Boktai

There were at least one more copy of everything I got, as well as these:

Lunar Legend
Mega Man X7

That's all I can remember. Thanks again OP for helping me get in on this amazing deal. I missed the BB one, but this makes me feel so much better.

Me and Jenus just got back from CC in Tallahassee, FL. We got there about 5 minutes before the store opened, and there was another CAG there (hello?), asked if "we were here for the same reason" he was. But of course. Anyway, another guy showed up right as the doors were being unlocked, and everyone made their way to the games section and started searching. Within a few minutes there were a dozen or so people, and one group attacked the Xbox shelf. The empleyees were awesome! There were being really nice and enthusiastic, and a lot of them obviously wanted in. They asked where we got the list, and I told them, and they pulled up CAG on one of the display PCs. I logged in for them and brought up the list, which they eagerly started to examine, the whole little crowd of them huddled around the monitor. They were obviously very happy and excited. Rather than hassleing me everytime a game rang up at $4.99, they got more excited about this sale that they didn't even know they were hosting. I really want to extend my thank to the Tallahassee CC employees for the great service. Too bad for you people getting a hard time from employees. Ours were just great. Greetings to my fellow Tallahassee CAGs. On to my list...

Here's what I got...

PS2:
Activision Anthology
Mario Party 4
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
War of the Monsters
Dark Cloud 2
Ape Escape 2

GBA:
Game & Watch Gallery 4
Dokapon

In addition to yesterday's:
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (PSX)
Threads of Fate (PSX)
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown (PS2)
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2)

Some other stuff I was considering (I might go back...)

GCN:
Splinter Cell

PS2:
Shox

And whatever else shows up!

Damnit most of the game at my CC are out of stock. I was there when they open this morning and a lot of people were waiting with list of games in there hand. Damn this got out too quickly. I thought I would get some good games to play, but most of them were gone.

Hey pete5883. If you do go back, do you think you grab me Dragon Warrior 7? I'd pay the cost of the game, shipping, and a little extra for it.

I went back to N. Attleboro and got Shadow Hearts (last copy), Lunar Legend (1 copy left), and Dark Cloud 2 (pretty sure there is a copy or two left). What was funny was the employees were going apeshit because they had no clue what was going on. They said nothing to me and sold me the games without any questioning, though. They were like, "We have no idea how they found out about this" and "We never got anything on it" and they had a printout from CC's website of the $5 games on there at the cash register. Pretty hilarious.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Me and Jenus just got back from CC in Tallahassee, FL. We got there about 5 minutes before the store opened, and there was another CAG there (hello?), asked if "we were here for the same reason" he was. But of course. Anyway, another guy showed up right as the doors were being unlocked, and everyone made their way to the games section and started searching. Within a few minutes there were a dozen or so people, and one group attacked the Xbox shelf. The empleyees were awesome! There were being really nice and enthusiastic, and a lot of them obviously wanted in. They asked where we got the list, and I told them, and they pulled up CAG on one of the display PCs. I logged in for them and brought up the list, which they eagerly started to examine, the whole little crowd of them huddled around the monitor. They were obviously very happy and excited. Rather than hassleing me everytime a game rang up at $4.99, they got more excited about this sale that they didn't even know they were hosting. I really want to extend my thank to the Tallahassee CC employees for the great service. Too bad for you people getting a hard time from employees. Ours were just great. Greetings to my fellow Tallahassee CAGs. On to my list...
[/quote]

Now that is great customer service.

I just got back from the CC in Calumet City, IL. They had a good selection of XBox games, terrible selection of Gamecube, and I didn't check out PS2 since I don't have one.

The games I bought were all for XBox:
DOA Beach Volleyball
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
Alien vs. Predator Extinction
Grabbed By The Ghoulies
ESPN NHL Hockey

There was about 10 other games I was tempted to buy, but I didn't want to spend much money. Evolution Worlds, VJ, Ikaruga, and Panzer Dragoon all weren't there. Wanted all four of those games, but couln't find them. Also, my friend took the last Pro Race Driver. I found it, but he wanted it really bad so I let him have it.

If anyone lives around the Chicago area/Northwest Indiana, going to Cal City's CC wouldn't be a bad idea. It seems like very few people, if any besides my friend and me, bought any $5 games there.

Matthew's, NC CC, just picked up: (all $4.99 )

Dead or Alive Vollyball - Xbox
SecretWeapons over Normandy - Xbox
Superman The man of steel - Xbox
Resident Evil 2 - GCN
Resident Evil 3 - GCN
Resident evil code Veronica - GCN
Mario Party 4 - GCN
Pikimin - GCN
Simpson's Road Rage - GCN
The Sims - GCN
Scooby Doo - GCN
Batman Vengeance - GCN
F1 2002 - GCN
Golden Sun - GBA
F-Zero - GBA
Max Payne - GBA
Tatics Ogre -GBA
Tekken Advance - GBA

I'm leaving in about 30 minutes to go to one. I fully expect either:

A.) Everything to be sold out

or

B.) Them not doing the deal anymore.

It's like a conspiracy for me not to get cheap games, or something.

The employees at my CC look like they were ready for it. There were like 3 or 4 people there asking to help. People even give them a list and they went and search for the games. Too bad most of the games are gone.

Matthew's, NC CC, just picked up: (all $4.99 )

Dead or Alive Vollyball - Xbox
SecretWeapons over Normandy - Xbox
Superman The man of steel - Xbox
Resident Evil 2 - GCN
Resident Evil 3 - GCN
Resident evil code Veronica - GCN
Mario Party 4 - GCN
Pikimin - GCN
Simpson's Road Rage - GCN
The Sims - GCN
Scooby Doo - GCN
Batman Vengeance - GCN
F1 2002 - GCN
Golden Sun - GBA
F-Zero - GBA
Max Payne - GBA
Tatics Ogre -GBA
Tekken Advance - GBA

Well, as CoffeeEdge mentioned, we went to the CC here in Tallahassee. Many others were there, and we had a good time. Here's what I got:

PS2:
Spy Hunter 2
Dark Cloud 2
Shox
MGS2: Substance

GBA:
Boktai
Mega Man Zero
Mega Man Zero 2

GC:
Viewtiful Joe

That's 14 games for me, including yesterday, all for a total of ~$75!

I bought 24 Games at the CC in Westminster, CO. They now have a limit of 5 games per customer now but they let me have mines because I was there before the rule officially started. There were like 8 other people there w/ list!

I bought 24 Games at the CC in Westminster, CO. They now have a limit of 5 games per customer now but they let me have mines because I was there before the rule officially started. There were like 8 other people there w/ list!

Can anyone confirm that the platinum edition of games like DOA3 and Dead to Rights for XBOX (or other GH/GC versions for PS2/GC games) will ring up at $4.99 or do they have to be the original "green case" versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back