OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

I got to CC about noon (Melbourne Florida) and to my surprise most of the games on the list where there (thanks to the employees not knowing about the prices being in effect.....boy did they look pissed)

Xbox:
Roadkill
Kung Fu Chaos
Gun Metal
NHL Hitz Pro
Smashing Drive (for my friend)
Gladius (two one for my friend)
Motor Trend Lotus (for my friend)
Morrowind GOTY Edition (for my friend)
SX Superstar (for my friend)
Haunted Manison (2 one for my friend)
Fairly Oddparents: Breakin Da Rules
Secret Weapons Over Normandy
Fatal Frame

And best of all

PS2
Disgaea (don't have a PS2 but plan on selling to help pay for these games)

[quote name='"rabbitt"']OP, you live in Canton? The CC at Chapel Hill has some games, I just came back from there. No Viewtiful Joes, no Disgaea.[/quote]

Yeah, I live in Canton/Massillon. I was thinking of going to Chapel Hill, but I just went back to the CC to see what was left.

So, nobody else's CC were preparing the games for the sale? As in, they put them in a bin so there was nobody messing up the shelves. Mine did and I'm surprised that it seems like no other CC's had any idea that this was happening.

Anyway I just got back from CC and I stopped at Gamerush and did the trade in 3 get any PO for $4.99.

At CC I got(all PS2):
Roadkill
BOF: DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Rygar
ESPN NHL Hockey
WRC World Rally Championship
Wild Arms 3(these last 5 I got today)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Fantavision
Gungrave

At Gamerush I traded these in:
Madden 04 - $18
NCAA Football 04 - $12
WRC World Rally Championship - $8

And I got free with the credit:
Contra: SS
Super Monkey Ball - GC
Maximo - non-GH

And I still have $14.59 on my value card.

I think I had a great cheapass weekend.

Can anyone confirm that the platinum edition of games like DOA3 and Dead to Rights for XBOX (or other GH/GC versions for PS2/GC games) will ring up at $4.99 or do they have to be the original "green case" versions?

I just got back from CC and I met several people from FatWallet. We helped eachother out and I ended up getting 8 games for$5 and the volume 5 demos for xbox for $5. 2 of the 8 games were for Game Cube. I'll post what games I did get later. I went to the CC in Mesquite. Not many GC games left but there was some Xbox but I really didn't check for PS2 and GBA. Thanks OP. I'm glad I didn't miss out on this one like I did with the BB sale. Also, I wouldn't suggest going to Mesqite because I gave an emploiyee a non updated list. Good luck.

Add another report of Sword of Mana NOT working. Also, add Apex to the list if someone else hasn't already mentioned it. Decided to try it just because I missed it for $5 @ Best Buy, and sure enough, it worked. :)

BTW, the store I hit was in Montgomery, AL. The only dupes I grabbed were for friends, but still a LOT of what was on the list I only saw one copy of.

Picked up 27 games! 2 Separate CC's. Probably could have bought a lot more if I wanted more than 1 of each game, I only did that with 2 games...
2 x Ico
2 x Wheel of Fortune
2 x Street Fighter Ex 3

Managed to grab a Burnout 2 and a Viewtiful Joe as well. People had lists...but not as good as CAG's!

rsigley, I too went to the Route 22 CC, and the selection was very poor. I snagged 5 gaves that I had wanted so that I didnt leave with nothing and so it wasnt a total waste, but the ones I REALLY wanted were sold out.

For example, I really wanted Gladius, and the last time I went there were a dozen at least. Today, there were none. I arrived at 11:45 a.m. (I didnt find out about it until 10:30, and I had to drive kinda far)

rsigley, there must have been a toooon of people there snagging extra copies of games and games they didnt even want.

WTF?? Freakin' people just greedy and want to EBAY stuff...

[quote name='Ebraum']Matthew's, NC CC, just picked up: (all $4.99 )

Dead or Alive Vollyball - Xbox
SecretWeapons over Normandy - Xbox
Superman The man of steel - Xbox
Resident Evil 2 - GCN
Resident Evil 3 - GCN
Resident evil code Veronica - GCN
Mario Party 4 - GCN
Pikimin - GCN
Simpson's Road Rage - GCN
The Sims - GCN
Scooby Doo - GCN
Batman Vengeance - GCN
F1 2002 - GCN
Golden Sun - GBA
F-Zero - GBA
Max Payne - GBA
Tatics Ogre -GBA
Tekken Advance - GBA[/quote]

Which Golden Sun? The Lost ages or regular Golden Sun?

I went to the store in Cary NC and after buying 45 bucks worth of games I get told that now they have to sell them for full price. I just left as all I had were headhunter, pinball of the dead, MK:DA, and something else(I forget)

I did however get,

PS2
Frequency, Beyond Good and Evil, the bouncer, futurama, rayman 3, shadow hearts

GCN
Bomberman Generation

GBA
Mega Man Zero
Stuntman
Space Channel 5
Lufia
Lunar Legend
JGR
and Mario Party E

I just picked up a bunch of games at my localy CC, also found that Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends(PS2), and Tomba2(PS1) rang up 4.99 as well.

Well, I wish I would have known about this deal on Thursday because on Thursday I was in CC and they had 6 copies of Rez and about a dozen Guilty Gear X and X2s. I went in this morning and they were picked clean.

I managed to pick up:

Dark Cloud 2
Disaster Report
Dragon Warrior VII
Okage: Shadow King
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mystic Heroes
War of the Monsters

I had an employee check any stores located in Maryland for Disagea and all of them were out of stock.

I already have Dark Cloud 2 and MKDA. If anyone has an extra copy of Disagea I'll trade you both games for it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Me and Jenus just got back from CC in Tallahassee, FL. We got there about 5 minutes before the store opened, and there was another CAG there (hello?), asked if "we were here for the same reason" he was. But of course. Anyway, another guy showed up right as the doors were being unlocked, and everyone made their way to the games section and started searching. Within a few minutes there were a dozen or so people, and one group attacked the Xbox shelf. The empleyees were awesome! There were being really nice and enthusiastic, and a lot of them obviously wanted in. They asked where we got the list, and I told them, and they pulled up CAG on one of the display PCs. I logged in for them and brought up the list, which they eagerly started to examine, the whole little crowd of them huddled around the monitor. They were obviously very happy and excited. Rather than hassleing me everytime a game rang up at $4.99, they got more excited about this sale that they didn't even know they were hosting. I really want to extend my thank to the Tallahassee CC employees for the great service. Too bad for you people getting a hard time from employees. Ours were just great. Greetings to my fellow Tallahassee CAGs. On to my list...[/quote]

Strange, man. While I did meet with some nice service yesterday, I usually get piss poor service at the Tallahassee CC. In fact, even though there were some helpful employees on the floor Saturday, the guy at the register was an asshat. Shrug.

Btw, I think I saw you - I was with another fellow my self and I was wearing the grey "hero" Link t shirt.

I picked up: (All Xbox) (Langhorne, PA)
Dino Crises 3 (2 copies, 1 for a friend)
Motor Trend Lotus
Pro Race Driver
Roadkill
Wakeboarding Unleashed (For the friend again)

This is all they really had in stock. The only other game on the list they had was Celeb. Deathmatch in which I had no interest.

no bin

no signs

I saw some of the games listed on the shelves, but does that mean they're still $4.99?

Should I just bring them to register anyway?

there were a couple that I really did want

I just got Lunar Legends for $5, but Sword of Mana didn't ring up. I also wonder if Xenosaga is a game for cheap. Seems like a good candidate. I also saw one guy with a basket full of the $5 games and another with a couple of them. Even the employees were talking about this....

Westland, MI was almost cleaned out before I got my lazy butt there. Which is probably a good thing. Only picked up a copy of Spyhunter 2.

first, i would like to say that most of the circuit city employees i ran into were pretty cool. a couple gave me a hard time, but i'd say 75% or more were cool (since i'm pretty sure they were just dorky guys like me into video games). i ran into a few people with lists, one was from fat wallet and i ran into him at two different stores. he made me realize i'm not as nutty as i thought, because he admitted that he has over 100 sealed ps2 games and he doesn't even own a ps2. anyways, here's the complete list of what i got from yesterday and today:

xbox
-futurama
-DOA xtreme beach volleyball
-state of emergency
-metal gear solid 2: substance
-voodoo vince
-dino crisis 3
-kung fu chaos

gamecube
-def jam vendetta
-p.n. 03
-resident evil: code veronica x

gba
-f-zero

ps2
-ape escape 2
-red faction 2
-dark cloud 2
-devil may cry 2
-legaia 2
-ico
-street fighter ex3
-wheel of fortune
-rygar
-mega man x7
-robotech: battlecry
-bloody roar 4
-freedom fighters

thanks to everyone that helped with lists or anything else.

I just got back from the poughkeepsie, NY circuit city and picked up 9 xbox games for $4.99

MGS2: Substance
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Indiana Jones
Buffy
State of emergency
NFL Blitz pro
Burnout 2
Pro Race Driver
Dino Crisis 3

I had two guys in front of me who were also picking up about 10 games each...they were also cheapassgamer.com members. One lady behind the counter started flipping out about the $4.99 prices. She thought we were ripping them off. She called the manager, checked the flyer, etc. She almost wasn't going to sell them to me, but I explained to her that it was a clearance sale and Best buy had a similar one a few weeks ago. Even the manager didn't know about the sale. Anyway, If you are in the Poughkeepsie area, you better get there fast, as the games are going fast.

Good luck!!

Major Score Mobile AL CC at 11am

Got 23 games There was anouther CAG person waiting for the store to open and we tag teamned CC and got all the good stuff. We got 1 copy of each game that they had. There were at least 15 to 20 people when I left around noon looking at the games

And to the guy that was there that helped me out. PM me Thanks

I got Viewtiful Joe and Marvel Vs Capcom 2. All I could afford. I noticed 2 brothers with a list and a ton of games. This was at the CC in Rockford, Illinois. I just moved to the area. BTW, I saw Morrowind PH edition that said Game of the Year, is that the one on the list or the non PH GOTY Edition for $5?

confirmed:
Syberia
Super Gouls & Ghosts GBA

Denied:
both GBA Metroids
Golden Sun: TLA

manager said "three per title"

can anyone get me an Ikarua, Disgaea, and/or DoA XBV?

managed to get a MMX7 & MvC2 (XB) that i dont want - anyone want to trade?

Checked two CCs today.

First CC:
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (GBA)
Lunar Legend (GBA)
Kung Fu Chaos (Xbox)
Dead or Alive V-Ball (Xbox)
Okage (PS2)
Tsunagi (PS2)

I haven't seen Tsunagi on any lists, probably because it's rare.

Second CC:
Resident Evil CVX (GC)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC)
ZOE: Fist of Mars (GBA)

I already have Skies, but I'm gonna try and trade it for Futurama. Either that or I'll go trade it in at EB since they still sell it for $50 used and get Futurama there.

I ended up getting everything I wanted except Futurama, Mario Party 4, and Street Fighter EX3. Well, that and more copies of Disgaea. If I had found any Disgaeas then I probably could have gotten all the things I didn't find through trades...

Some guy at the first CC I went to had a basket full...6 DOA:XVBs, 4 Crimson Seas, 2 Viewtiful Joes, etc.

dammit, I have 3 circuit cities around me and they were all cleaned out.

only got ICO GGX2 and ZOE2 :(

out of this list:

Guilty Gear X
Guilty Gear X2
Capcom vs SNK 2 (Maybe)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Maybe)
Ape Escape 2 (CAN SOMEONE PICK THIS UP FOR ME?)
Rygar
Indiana Jones
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (CAN SOMEONE PICK THIS UP FOR ME?)
REZ (CAN SOMEONE PICK THIS UP FOR ME?)
Freestyle Metal X
Burnout 2 (CAN SOMEONE PICK THIS UP FOR ME?)
Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
Clock Tower 3
Disgaea (CAN SOMEONE PICK THIS UP FOR ME?)
Fantavision
ICO
The Bouncer
Timesplitters 2

No need to go to the CC @ Christiana mall, Delaware. Everything is gone.

I went this morning and scored some games. I saw lots of people holding a printout and seeking for games. :)

However, the most irate thing is 3 of CC's employees were hunting games as well. I am the second one entering the store as it opened, but these 3 guys had hold at least 20 copies each. Kind of frustrated.

Got to my CC in Chicago at around noon, a few moms and kids had lists and were picking up crap like Haunted Mansion- helped them find some better games.
Managed to find RAD, Rygar, Enclave, Morrowind and Burnout 2 before a rep came up to us and said "Uh looking for $5 games- cuz we cant sell them to you."
I told him that was bogus and i think without the added force of the bitchy moms i wouldnt have gotten to talk to a manager who let me take whatever i had in my hands.
Also ran into Rock Solid Audio but they had shoed me out of the store so i couldnt raise more hell for them as they frantically had a dozen employees take games off the shelves. We've been found out!

Pikmin is $5? I was trying to find a Gamecube game to buy(my GC collection is very small) and the only game that's half way decent that I found there was Aggressive Inline(which got really good reviews), but I don't think I'd play the game very much, not even enough to buy it for $5. If I knew Pikmin was $5, I definitely would've bought that. I saw several copies there earlier. May have to go back tomorrow.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I went to the store in Cary NC and after buying 45 bucks worth of games I get told that now they have to sell them for full price. I just left as all I had were headhunter, pinball of the dead, MK:DA, and something else(I forget)

I did however get,

PS2
Frequency, Beyond Good and Evil, the bouncer, futurama, rayman 3, shadow hearts

GCN
Bomberman Generation

GBA
Mega Man Zero
Stuntman
Space Channel 5
Lufia
Lunar Legend
JGR
and Mario Party E[/quote]

I just wrote them an e-mail telling them how pissed off I am. I doubt it does anything, but it will show how pissed I am

Here is What I scored for the XBOX! 4.99 each

Yesterday

Aliens Vs Predator
Spyhunter2
Robin hood
Dino crisis
Enclave
Roadkill

Today

Oddworld
Indiana Jones
Rally fusion
atv2
Metal gear solid 2

NIce huh.... I figure if at least 3 games are good i made out....

Just wanted to add that I got Mega Man Zero and Zero 2 for GBA for 4.99, Also got Resident Evil 3 for Cube for 4.99 and I think that those are the only three that I didn't see on the list.

It really pays to live in Ciruit City's Home town. I went to the regional distribution center, which has a store here in Richmond and they were loaded. Got ten games there and three at another store. Can't beat 13 games for 65 bucks.

[quote name='nmon3447'][quote name='Ebraum']Matthew's, NC CC, just picked up: (all $4.99 )

Dead or Alive Vollyball - Xbox
SecretWeapons over Normandy - Xbox
Superman The man of steel - Xbox
Resident Evil 2 - GCN
Resident Evil 3 - GCN
Resident evil code Veronica - GCN
Mario Party 4 - GCN
Pikimin - GCN
Simpson's Road Rage - GCN
The Sims - GCN
Scooby Doo - GCN
Batman Vengeance - GCN
F1 2002 - GCN
Golden Sun - GBA
F-Zero - GBA
Max Payne - GBA
Tatics Ogre -GBA
Tekken Advance - GBA[/quote]

Which Golden Sun? The Lost ages or regular Golden Sun?[/quote]

Regular Golden Sun . Got lost age For $10.00 at Target last week though.

Mega Man Battle Network 3 was $19.99 at my Circuit City this morning, so while it may differ elsewhere, at least in Santa Clarita, CA it was still $20.

Also, Pikmin for GameCube is $4.99 at the Santa Clarita CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back