OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

Syberia rings up 19.99. Got Crimson Sea and Gladius for 4.99.

Games will run out pretty quick though; saw the employees scrambing around with a list, and a kid sweeping cheap games (for ebay?) with a basket in hand.

Good luck!

i scored for the xbox:
dino crisis 3
evil dead
panzer dragoon orta
futurama

for the ps2
rugby 2004
chaos legion
pride fc

at one circuit city i went to there was a sign saying the 4.99 deal was a mistake and all games are priced as marked!!

does anyone have a full list of the 4.99 games... man i missed this topic yesterday cuz i went to Anime Expo in anihiem convention center... missing out deals here... -_-;;

Not sure if it's been added already, but I nabbed Gitaroo Man for $4.99 as well!!!! I about had a heart attack when I not only found that, but got it at that price.

RD

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='Richter']CONFIRMED:
Eternal Ring[/quote]

Eternal Ring has always been 5$, and it's barely (if even) worth that.[/quote]heh, never knew that
:whistle2:/

[quote name='[email protected]']Not sure if it's been added already, but I nabbed Gitaroo Man for $4.99 as well!!!! I about had a heart attack when I not only found that, but got it at that price.[/quote]

Yep, I already mentioned that on the previous page. I was in shock & awe myself. Haven't seen that game new for ages, and at this price, it was definitely mine. :)

[quote name='drae']I believe CC's are open normal hours today. The two beside me were (they opened at 11).

Anyways, these are $5:

GBA
Super Bust a Move

GBC
Zelda: Oracle of Ages

These games I checked, and they ARE NOT on sale:
Animal Crossing (GC)
Sonic DX (GC)
Eyetoy w/ camera (not Groove) (PS2)
Karaoke Revolution w/ headset (PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Unlimited Saga (PS2 - it was $15 if anyone cares)

The CC here in Greensboro, NC has not much of anything worth mentioning. When I got there, the employees were frantically scanning games, and setting them aside for themselves because a guy came in and bought up a bunch of XBOX games. Even the manager was in on it, heh.

Thank you original poster for rocking my body.[/quote]

That was me :lol: .. the circuit city in Greensboro opened about 10 mins early... when i got there.. there was a guy in there already with a list in his hand... and he was telling an employee all about the deal.. and the employee was using the guy's list to get games for himself..

but what the guy didnt know was.. the employee wasnt getting games for himself.. he was just pretending too so the guy couldn't get them... :roll: cause as soon as the guy left.. the employee quicky put all the games back on the shelf... :p so i acted quickly and was able to walk out with about 11 Xbox games... Including the likes of Espn and DC 3 which was carefully hidden behind other games by someone else who had came in before..

Is the Morrowind GOTY edition on the list the platnium hits version that says GOTY? I just got an xbox and I know there's a green morrowind that says GOTY Edition and then there's the silver one that says GOTY. I only saw the PH and I guessed that it probably was $20 and not $5

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='Richter']CONFIRMED:
Eternal Ring[/quote]

Eternal Ring has always been 5$, and it's barely (if even) worth that.[/quote]heh, never knew that
:whistle2:/[/quote]

It's alright, Gamespot gave it a 6.3 and it's not that bad of a game, maybe worth your money, and I didn't know it either till a couple of weeks ago :D

hey guys do u think its to late to go now and see if they got anything??? I live in St.Louis MO... dont know if to many people know about this sale???

would some1 be nice enough to pick me up a copy of Futurama for PS2? i will pay the price and shipping. any1? please? pm me if you can. thanks

My Circuit City was open at 10am, even though the website said 11am. Luckily, I got there a little after 10 am due to the lack of traffic.

I managed to pick up a few games, but didn't find the Disgaea that I wanted.

This is the Circuit City in Henderson, NV.

PS2:
Bloody Roar 4
RE: Dead Aim
War of the Monsters

Xbox:
NFL Blitz Pro

GBA:
Boktai
Max Payne

Great deal. Thanks OP.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='Richter'][quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='Richter']CONFIRMED:
Eternal Ring[/quote]

:whistle2:/[/quote]

It's alright, Gamespot gave it a 6.3 and it's not that bad of a game, maybe worth your money, and I didn't know it either till a couple of weeks ago :D[/quote]i got the confirmation from some other site =P

seems like Syberia is YMMV
syberia.gif

Do most CC have bins for the $5 games? Cuz I went to one, and they didn't have any bins. Do I have to get the games off the shelf and then go to the cash register, and it should ring up as $5 there?

[quote name='HardtoPleaz!']hey guys do u think its to late to go now and see if they got anything??? I live in St.Louis MO... dont know if to many people know about this sale???[/quote]dont ask, just go

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']Do most CC have bins for the $5 games? Cuz I went to one, and they didn't have any bins. Do I have to get the games off the shelf and then go to the cash register, and it should ring up as $5 there?[/quote]look on the shelves

I just got back from Tulsa CC on 41st with ten games for $50. Best deal I've ever gotten...ever.
The Games(All Xbox):
Gladius
Run Like Hell
Roadkill
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Dino Crisis 3
Robin Hood: DotC
Dead to Rights
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Voodoo Vince
Vexx

BTW, every game that I picked out that was on the list in the first post was $4.99 after the guy rang them up. Heh, he didn't even know which ones were on sale, so I just gave him the list I printed out and told him about cheapassgamer.com. I even came back to give him the rest of the list that was in my car and he was already rummaging through the GBA games.

BTW, I tried DW4...rang up as $49.99. DAMN IT! That and Buffy were the two I wanted the most, and they didn't have Buffy and DW4 was still full price.

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='HardtoPleaz!']hey guys do u think its to late to go now and see if they got anything??? I live in St.Louis MO... dont know if to many people know about this sale???[/quote]dont ask, just go

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']Do most CC have bins for the $5 games? Cuz I went to one, and they didn't have any bins. Do I have to get the games off the shelf and then go to the cash register, and it should ring up as $5 there?[/quote]look on the shelves[/quote]

There was nothing that mentioned any $4.99 games... Any idea on what I should do?

I work at a Circuit City in Charlotte, NC, and we're pricing over 200 games at the 4.99 level. 1/3 of our Game Cube titles are now 4.99. It's a crazy sale.

Monroeville PA report: no bins, nothing marked, but did get Max Payne GBA for $5. Pretty sweet.

It was marked $29.99, naturally I asked the clerk to scan it "because sometimes the computer is different". I think I broke his brain when it came up $4.99, like "how on earth would someone know that?"

Anybody get any in the Orange County area? If there is no mention or shelf or anything for the $5 games, do I have to grab them off the shelf and then go to the cash register where they will ring up for $5?

I just got the following $4.99 games at Circuit City:

Mario Party 4 (GC) $4.99 box was marked $49.99
Kung Fu Chaos (xbox) $4.99 box was marked $49.99
Super Monkeyball Jr. (GBA) $4.99 box was marked $29.99
F-Zero (GBA) $4.99 box was marked $29.99

If you base that on the sticker prices I got $160 worth of games for only $20. Thanks for the Cheapass deal!!

BTW, all the games were on the regular store shelves, they weren't in any special discount bin.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk'][quote name='Richter'][quote name='HardtoPleaz!']hey guys do u think its to late to go now and see if they got anything??? I live in St.Louis MO... dont know if to many people know about this sale???[/quote]dont ask, just go

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']Do most CC have bins for the $5 games? Cuz I went to one, and they didn't have any bins. Do I have to get the games off the shelf and then go to the cash register, and it should ring up as $5 there?[/quote]look on the shelves[/quote]

There was nothing that mentioned any $4.99 games... Any idea on what I should do?[/quote]

For gods sake man, print out the list from here, take it in to CC, get all the games you want that they have on the shelves that are on your list, take them up to the register and watch the magic. Almost no CC will have any of this signed or advertised in store. Go now. Run!

[quote name='maccabee72']I just got back from the poughkeepsie, NY circuit city and picked up 9 xbox games for $4.99

MGS2: Substance
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Indiana Jones
Buffy
State of emergency
NFL Blitz pro
Burnout 2
Pro Race Driver
Dino Crisis 3

I had two guys in front of me who were also picking up about 10 games each...they were also cheapassgamer.com members. One lady behind the counter started flipping out about the $4.99 prices. She thought we were ripping them off. She called the manager, checked the flyer, etc. She almost wasn't going to sell them to me, but I explained to her that it was a clearance sale and Best buy had a similar one a few weeks ago. Even the manager didn't know about the sale. Anyway, If you are in the Poughkeepsie area, you better get there fast, as the games are going fast.

Good luck!![/quote]

I was one of the other guys there and I still cant believe I didnt see that copy of SWON that you got. :D

Hit the Middletown Ny location last night and Poughkeepsie this morning and got :

PS2

Street fighter 3 Ex
Frequency
Chaos Legion
RE Dead Aim
Wheel of Fortune
Disgaea
Spy Hunter 2
Parappa The Rapper

GC

ZooCube
Ikaruga
RE Code Veronica

Xbox

Vodoo Vince
Panzer Dragoon Orta
MK Deadly Alliance $0.01

Yeah the managers started pullin random games off the shelves pricing them. It was kinda funny. Then started asking if theyre were limits on the numbers of games you can get cause I explained that I purchased some last night in the other location. The fact that now your hearing that some CC are putting restrictions, etc. This might not be goin too much longer.

Just got back from southfield MI circuit city, there were an unprecedented 3 other CAGers there! I still managed to get 11 games at 5 bucks each:
XBOX
blood omen 2
agressive inline
voodoo vince
dead to rights
timesplitters 2
GC
mario party 4
def jam vendetta
bomberman generation
PS2
chaos legion
rygar
DMC2

I also had the guy scan MMBN 3 (white version) and it came up 14.99 not 4.99 like previously reported...

I don't understand this: you go to CC, don't see a $5 bin or any signs, and then come home to post a question about it? By now, most CC employees will have a clue that they are selling games for $5. Ask them to scan the games you're interested in buying. Go to the computer section and look up this site on one of the display models. Print out the list. The CC employees at my stores have been very helpful.

Update on games from Lewisville, Texas:

Sword of Mana rang up at normal price
Resident Evil 2 GC - $4.99 woohoo!
Resident Evil 0 GC - normal price boo..
Freedom Fighters GC - normal price boo also

[quote name='Mysteriouskk'][quote name='Richter'][quote name='HardtoPleaz!']hey guys do u think its to late to go now and see if they got anything??? I live in St.Louis MO... dont know if to many people know about this sale???[/quote]dont ask, just go

There was nothing that mentioned any $4.99 games... Any idea on what I should do?[/quote]print out the list:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21337&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and look on the shelves

anyone here able to get more Ikaruga's? >.>

Damnit, to think, now is the time I have to be broke, in debt, and have sworn off videogame purchases.

Maybe I'll sink further in depth...maybe just for Dark Cloud 2...and Max Payne...and Phantasy Star Collection...

If someone could be nice enough to get me copys of any or all of the following, then I'd pay for the games plus shipping and maybe a little extra for the whoever the nice person is. :D
Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (PS2)
Gitaroo Man (PS2)
Resident Evil 2 and 3 (GC)

Hit up the Thousand Oaks, CA store again this morning, where there were two other guys with lists doing the rounds. One of them already had a basket crammed full of games, so I knew I had to work fast. Anyway my haul:

Xbox
Alien vs predator
Crimson Sea X2
Evil Dead
Futurama
Metal gear solid 2-substance
Roadkill
Spy hunter 2
Star wars clone wars
Syberia
Toe Jam & Earl 3
Wakeboarding unleashed

Gamecube (very weak selection)
Jimmy Neutron :lol:
Resident evil code Veronica X (X2)

PS2
Resident evil Dead Aim
Roadkill
Wallace & Gromit
Wheel of fortune

Didn't even bother with the GBA section. So, between three cheapasses with lists, that store is probably wiped out by now. Maybe you'll find an Evil Dead or Jimmy Neutron left, but don't hold yer breath. The employees were cool and friendly about it though. Here's a piece of info for ya - they can only put 18 games on one receipt, so if you buy more than that you're going to get several receipts.
Anyway I really wanted to get Xbox Secret Weapons over Normandy but they didn't have any. Anyone get a spare? PM me - I'll trade almost anything in the above list for it.

So my grand total for today has been:

Rygar
Deus Ex
Gundam: Federation VS Zeon
Clock Tower 3
Robotech Battlecry
Onimusha 2
Dynasty Warriors 4
Legaia 2
Wild Arms 3
Mega Man X7
and Metal Gear Substance

A grand total of $55 for 11 games :D

Though I'm not sure when I'm going to find the time to play all of these...I may end up putting a couple on ebay... Most of these I really wanted, but with a couple I just picked them up because they were so cheap...

i had one guy at one cc scan 2 games for me (grandia 1(not $5) and dark cloud 2 and he said "its strange some games are like 5 dollars now, is it in the ad or something?" and i told him no, but it should be in next weeks ad, he had the most puzzled look on his face ive ever seen

And in case anyone's wondering, I made two trips - the first time all the games were on the shelf, but then I went back a few hours later and they had just started moving the games to a bin.

Anyone else have this odd euphoric feeling that they got away with murder? The list I got of games, while small, were worth well over $200 if bought at regular price. I went yesterday, reasonably late the first time (5pm) and later the next time (7pm~) and even today, I keep thinking there's more I missed. However, with the commotion on the boards and the fact this deal has been posted everywhere (even news sites like shacknews), I'm hesitant to go back, but it's like finding buried treasure. You got to dig in a few places if you hope to find something. Surely there are some GBA games left... surely :)

Made off quite well today:

GBA:
Boktai
Jet Grind Radio
Shining Soul
Super Monkey Ball Jr.

Xbox:
Futurama
Gladius
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

GCN:
Resident Evil Code:Veronica X