OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

bradr wrote:
I asked an employee at CC if they had Viewtiful Joe. The guy said, "NO!" right away without even looking. After I walk off (I could still hear them), he turns to the other employee and says, "I know because I bought all eight copies, they were only $5 each!".

Yes certain CC employees need to be punched in the head.

Your right about that one.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anyone know if there is a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in the Nevada/California region?[/quote]

Nowhere in Vegas. I didn't check the Henderson store though. So, maybe there, if you're willing to drive and waste gas if they don't have it.

[quote name='sm04as'][quote name='bradr']I asked an employee at CC if they had Viewtiful Joe. The guy said, "NO!" right away without even looking. After I walk off (I could still hear them), he turns to the other employee and says, "I know because I bought all eight copies, they were only $5 each!". :evil:[/quote]

That sucks... :?[/quote]

Hmm, probably not worth it, but it might have been interesting to get a manager involved. I think they frown on any one employee purchasing their entire stock of a sale item.

I asked an imployee at CC if they had Disgaea and she said No, I go ove to look in th 4.99 bin again since they just brought more out and look 2 copies! WOW was I suprised and that was this morning, not last night.

[quote name='rsigley']Maybe someone should start up a what can you do with your crappy CC games no one will trade you for thread. Here's what I did:

Traded in Resident Evil Code Veronica, Dead Aim, PN03, Devil May Cry, and Syberia and got Tales of Symphonia for free (They have some deal, trade in games each one gives you $10 towards it if it's under $10)

For some reason none of these games were on the exclusion list so basically got Tales of Symphonia for half price. Not bad considering I was planning on buying it for $50 anyway and the games I traded were trash[/quote]
At EBGames, right?

damn, at least i got most of what i wanted in the morning at the maryland one mmm. There was only one guy ahead of me. that picked off nearly everything plus got three extra of each.

I was able to score ICO and Bloody Roar 4 today before they took them off the shelfs.

I saw none of the GBA titles though :(. Hoping to get Mega Man Zero 2 next sunday for $5.

This guy at EB told me that there is a promotion for Spiderman 2. You can trade in any game for 10 dollars excluse sport and put that money toward spiderman 2. I asked him is there promotion for other preorder game like the trade in 2 for 20 dollars on preorder and he said no.

Are any of you in Souteast MI, around Detroit? Which CC stores are doing this deal? Would it be worth to check CC stores tomorrow?

I just picked up ESPN NHL Hockey, Pride FC, and Spyhunter 2 (all PS2) at the store in Hialeah, FL (no more copies of Pride or ESPN left). Me and the rest of the Circuit City Hialeah staff would like to thank you all who have donated info to the list, for you have helped us all out and turned us all into TRUE cheapasses.

I managed to find GT Advance for GBA there today. I don't think anyone's mentioned that yet. . .

I was denied on all the Crash Nitro Cart games for all three game consoles, but the PS2 version was only $19.99. . . Another game I was denied on was Bloody Roar 3 (even though Blood Roar 4 is $5).

In the end I managed to get:

Stuntman (GBA)
GT Advance (GBA)
Bouncer (PS2)
SWAT (XBox)
Smashing Drive (GC)
Nascar Dirt to Daytona (GC)
Jet X2O (PS2)

The one that I've been really searching for was Jet X2O-- Really happy it was only $5!

Steve A.

3 CCs.
PS2
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Frequency
NFL 2K3

XBOX
NFL Blitz Pro
ESPN NHL Hockey
Dino Crisis 3
Robotech
Star Wars The Clone Wars

Final Fantasy: Origins is also $4.99. I believe all of the PS1 FF's are $4.99 on this, or at least that's what I think I saw when the clerk pulled it up on his screen.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit and Sonic Advance 1 are in the computer at being 4.99 also, but I didn't see either at the stores I went to.

[quote name='Lexicon']AlcaponeXB I hit that Tulsa CC at 41st and Yale and the other one down by the mall last night scored 48 games, didnt take any doubles since I wasnt greedy. They have any extra gladius at either store? That wasnt added to the list yet when I went last night.[/quote]
Thanx man....you took all the good ones! Yea, they had one Gladius left I think. BTW, what game's did you get?

I'd like to play devil's advocate right now.

There are many members who come in here and tell about their grand loot of getting 200 games or whatnot, possibly selling all or some or none. And then they get flamed for being an "asshole" or the "reason why CAGs get the shitty games" ...

well for those complaining - tough cookies. What makes you entitled to any game more so than the other guy? I, for one, did not have time nor the lack of better things to do than to hit up all 16 CCs in my area, but when I did hit one last night and one this morning to get some of the games I really wanted. And you know what? I got a Disgaea (last one they had) for the sole purpose of selling because if I can move that title for $30, that's the equivalent of 5-6 games paid for.

Take a look at what this site is called - CHEAP ass gamer. That means people are looking for the best possible deal. And if that means taking advantage of the system (short of illegal manueverings) and trading some of the games or ebaying or whatever, then so be it.

I heard a good analogy about diamonds concerning this matter; If someone were to find a cheap flawless diamond somewhere remote, would you expect them to sell it to you for a fraction of its value just because they got it for less?

Here's another: if I won a drawing for a free Xbox on a gaming site, but already had an Xbox, would I get flamed like shaq-fu's mother for wanting to sell it?

On this site I probably would... cause even though you get CHEAP ass gamers looking to get even better deals along with CHEAP ass games looking to get in on the deal to begin with.

I, for one, wish a place like this were more ideal and followed some more egalitarian principles like gaming karma or whatnot. Hell, I just wish I was lucky enough to find Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 (a $100 game secondary value) at $4.99, but that's not the way it works.

But it doesn't. CAG is a double edge sword in this respect. You can't always get what you want, so if you're gonna come in and fill up half the posts in this thread with "boo-hoo" and "I deserve Rez" that's your problem - but it ain't gonna get you any closer to getting what you want.

My two cents.

It's respect, JAMMR. Your rant is useless. It's the fact that one gamer goes and fucks it up for the rest of us. We're all friends here - share the wealth, don't hog it all for yourself.

i dont like people grabbing xxx copies of a single game just to eBay them -- good luck on that, eBay is probably saturated by now

I do respect people checking on games for other people

NW Burbs of Chicago
Here's what I got: 4.99

Obi-Wan - Xbox X2
NHL Hitz Pro - Xbox
NFL Blitz Pro - Xbox X 2
Fatal Frame - Xbox
Dino Crisis Xbox X 2
Dark Cloud 2 PS2 X 2
Futurama PS2
Grabbed By Ghoulies Xbox
Aliens Vs Predator Xbox & PS2
Devil May Cry 2 PS2
Dynasty Warriors 3 PS2
Dynasty Warriors 4 PS2
Gundam Federaton Vs Zenon PS2
Guily Gear X PS2 X2
Burnout 2: Developer's Cut Xbox X 2
X-Men Next Generation GC
Suikoden III PS2
Ape Escape 2 PS2
Dino Stalker PS2
Gunvalkyrie Xbox X2
Parappa The Rapper 2 PS2
Ico PS2
GunMetal Xbox X 2
DOA Beach Vollyball Xbox X2
Genma Onimusha Xbox
Spy Hunter 2 Xbox
Syberia Xbox
Blood Omen 2 Xbox
Kung Fu Chaos Xbox X 2
Stake Fortune Fighters Xbox
NBA Street GC
Daster Report PS2
P.N. 03 GC
Blood Rayne Xbox
Secret Weapons Over Normandy Xbox X2
Dark Cloud PS2 X2
Final Fantasy Origins PS1
Dragon Warrior VII PS1
Chaos Legion PS2

Sword of Mana rang up $30 for me, but everything else:

Chaos Legion
DOA: Xtreme Beach Vollyball
P.N.03
Boktai
Breath of Fire 2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

went for the expected $5.

I only wish I had more cash to go the the other CC in my area.

"Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 (a $100 game secondary value) at $4.99"

Is that for xbox. Is it really worth that much.. I passed up two copies opf that today because I wasn't interested. If it's still there when I next go I'll grab you a copy.

Yet another CC employee jumping in.

From my understanding the sale wasn't supposed to start until next week but for reasons that I have yet to find out it has already started. It was quiet at my store but we enjoyed the business we were getting from the sale.

I would like to really thank the one customer who let me copy the list he brought in that was posted on here. I never knew about this site until today but I will be coming back for now on. :)

I did pick up a some titles. Don't worry, my store for the most part with 1-2 titles were pretty well stocked (unless you really are hunting for the UFC one I grabbed for the XBox lol)

GBA
--
Crazi Taxi: Catch A Ride
Fire Pro Wrestling
F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

XBox
--
UFC Tapout 2
Unreal Championship
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds
Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
Splashdown

Gamecube
--
Scorpion King: Rise Of The Akkadian
WWE Wrestlemania 19

Some of these titles I noticed have not been mentioned yet. I didn't get a chance to check every title myself, but wish I had checked Mario Kart Super Circuit for the GBA. Everyone who came in today for the deals were really awesome and many times I ended up having some nice conversations on favorite games and what games we were looking forward to (Halo 2 obviously is the most wanted game lol).

Oh - and Sword Of Mana comes up at $29.99 so you might want to remove that one. I tried both barcodes on it (the price sticker and the barcode on the back) and it came up the same on both.

Anyways everyone, good luck and good hunting on finding some great bargains. :)

(BTW, the edit was done because I caught a few spelling errors after posting it)

I hate it when people try to justify buying multiple copies of games to make a quick profit and ruin it for everyone else. Just think of that sick quadropeligic boy on life support who only had $5 for a copy of his favorite game, Viewtiful Joe. But he couldnt buy it because your punk ass bought 8 copies to sell on ebay.

people are too greedy
for me i got 11 games this sell, all of which i wanted and no multiple copies of anything nor i got anything i don't want
there were a lot of games at the 2 CC's i went to but i still left a bunch for others

As most of the other people stated, "tough cookies."

However, I'm willing to help out certain individuals, but it's human nature, our drive to survive, AKA make money.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']"Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 (a $100 game secondary value) at $4.99"

Is that for xbox. Is it really worth that much.. I passed up two copies opf that today because I wasn't interested. If it's still there when I next go I'll grab you a copy.[/quote]

dont think it's for xbox
i saw a copy at the CC i was at but didn't bother to check it because i don't have xbox live to play it

[quote name='dude2003'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']"Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 (a $100 game secondary value) at $4.99"

Is that for xbox. Is it really worth that much.. I passed up two copies opf that today because I wasn't interested. If it's still there when I next go I'll grab you a copy.[/quote]

dont think it's for xbox
i saw a copy at the CC i was at but didn't bother to check it because i don't have xbox live to play it[/quote]

Ah, it;s the GC version. Sorry. Didn't see that.

[quote name='dude2003'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']"Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 (a $100 game secondary value) at $4.99"

dont think it's for xbox
i saw a copy at the CC i was at but didn't bother to check it because i don't have xbox live to play it[/quote]

The GCN version commands the high secondary value. There is an Xbox version, but it goes for ~10-15 bucks on eBay. I passed up the Xbox version today too; but it was ringing up at $15.

[quote name='demomanTNA']Yet another CC employee jumping in.

From my understanding the sale wasn't supposed to start until next week but for reasons that I have yet to find out it has already started. It was quiet at my store but we enjoyed the business we were getting from the sale.

I would like to really thank the one customer who let me copy the list he brought in that was posted on here. I never knew about this site until today but I will be coming back for now on. :)[/quote]

If you mean a bearded guy with glasses in Southern California, that would be me.

The PSO I was referring to was the GC one.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']I hate it when people try to justify buying multiple copies of games to make a quick profit and ruin it for everyone else. Just think of that sick quadropeligic boy on life support who only had $5 for a copy of his favorite game, Viewtiful Joe. But he couldnt buy it because your punk ass bought 8 copies to sell on ebay.[/quote]
Again, entitlement. So who decides who deserves what more than the next guy?

Like I said, I wish this were an ideal place. On another board I frequent, people are always looking out for items somone else wants. I for one have been hooked up with item costing around $100 on the secondary market... for free. But that's not the way it works here, obviously. You did not sign a Terms of Service when registering for CAG that said you would be allowed to get in on each and every deal. No, rather you are alloted the OPPORTUNITY to get in on it. You get the information... which, thanks to the way this community works, is faster than any other place. Every place (IGN, FW) all followed the news from CAG.

FYI, I did help out. I am pretty much the reason for the comprehensive GC list. And for the most part, I do help out fellow CAGs. Hell, when I first got here I hooked a couple folks up with some rarer games for what I paid at cost. I even think I lost a buck here and there just paying for padded envelopes. I'm not asking for an award or using this info as a flame shield, but what I said earlier stands: stop bitching and whining and use these informative threads for more useful information.

I passed up a copy of Megaman X7 and Resident Evil : Dead Aim today at CC for the PS2. I don't even own a PS2 but I was thinking of getting them for the sole purpose of trading for people who got the Xbox games I didn't.

Even though I left the games, I don't think if I would've bought them it would've been wrong. I'd have been helping out someone here by getting them a game they wanted and they'd help me by trading for a game I wanted.

However, if I landed a game worth $30 or $40 for $5 there's no way I'd trade it or sell it for $5. I wouldn't buy 50 copies of NHL Hitz Pro for $5 each but I would buy 50 copies of Disgaea for the sole purpose of selling/trading in at a gamestore. It's first come first serve and it's not my problem that I got to the store 10 minutes before you did. Get up earlier next time and maybe you won't miss out on the game you wanted.

Here's another analogy, if it was revealed Xbox systems were ringing up at $5 you bet your ass I would've bought as many as they allowed me to - and if that was every one in stock, so be it. But then I would've sold them for $25 or $50 and to someone who didn't get to the deal in time or didn't know about the deal - that would be THEIR deal and they'd be happy about it. Sometimes some deals are just too good to pass up and I don't blame anyone here for buying multiple copies of the harder to find games at CC.

i got:

GBA
-------
Lunar Legend

PS2
------
Dynasty Warriors 4
Dynasty Tactics
Chaos Legion
Road Kill
MGS: Substance
Spyhunter 2
Mystic Heroes
Maximo - Non-GH

[quote name='dude2003']anyone agree with me that for us CAGers finding the deal is half the fun we get out of video games?[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. It's kinda fun going in, especially at circuit city, and it was double fold for me, since I had read about people's CC's pulling stuff. First, there was the thought of denial/rejection towards the deal.. then the anticipation of if they DO have it still going, what'll be there..

I went today in the morning, this is what I scored...

Crimson Sea
Dino Crisis 3
Enclave
Exhibition Demo Disc Volume 5
Kung Fu Chaos
NFL Blitz Pro
RoadKill
Spy Hunter 2
Syberia
Voodoo Vince
Wakeboarding Unleashed: Featuring Shaun Murray

Tomorrow, I'm going to 3 Circuit City stores, with my cousin. Hopefully, I will find a few more games...:D

[quote name='chaoz']found a real old one
YANA CABALLISTA CITY SKATER 4.99
includes a finger board controller[/quote]

good find, remember to junk the finger board and use the alternate controls, otherwise the game sux, this way it's almost ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back