OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='crunchy']If anyone knows when this sale will end please post ASAP. I won't be able to make it before 7 tonite but I will surely try to get there tomorrow if this is still going on.[/quote]
I think someone said they are permanent markdowns.[/quote]

Yeh they are permanent markdowns. Whatever doesn't sell will continue to be $4.99 until it eventually sells... but be aware they WILL advertise the clearance on Sundays ad... which is when it was to officially start... anyways I checked many stores in the district and they were all picked dry..... so yeah, it's over, hah. Lots of people buying them up.

Edit: I work at CC, just if you are wondering.

[quote name='Namelessloser']Monster rancher 3 was 4.99? Damn the world. I was thinking about price checking that too, but passed when I saw a RE: CV (GC) behind the lot of them. Nooo :([/quote]

This is not $4.99 at all stores.... such as Syberia.... YMMV on some games.... thats all I did at work today, get the clearance games and put them away till the 11th... funny thing was, there wasn't many to begin with at my stores.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='demomanTNA']Yet another CC employee jumping in.

From my understanding the sale wasn't supposed to start until next week but for reasons that I have yet to find out it has already started. It was quiet at my store but we enjoyed the business we were getting from the sale.

I would like to really thank the one customer who let me copy the list he brought in that was posted on here. I never knew about this site until today but I will be coming back for now on. :)[/quote]

If you mean a bearded guy with glasses in Southern California, that would be me.[/quote]

Unless you flew to Minnesota just to come to my store.... :shock:

X
All From the Mobile AL store

box

NHL blitz pro X2 one was online
Dead of Rights X2 one was online
Spyhunter 2
Haunted Mansion
Evil Dead
New Legends
Clone wars
Crimson Sea
Vexx
Nomandy
Tetris

GBA Max payne 2

PSX 2

ESPN NHL hockey
Haunted Mansion
Super Trucks
World ralley
Dynasty war
Ominsue2
Vexx
Dino Stalker
Robin hood
Roadkill
Dark cloud2
Ape escape

not nearly as good as tony hawk, of course, and not worth much - kb has it for prolly $9, had it for a long time at that price - but it's goofy/funny.

normally i would say give it a try, but now we are all buried under a thousand games, so... a maybe.

most reviews didn't use the alternate controls, so they would tell you it really sux tho.

Are most of the PC/PH/GH games in non-PC/PH/GH casing going for 4.99?

Games such as Pikmin, Wave Race, and Splinter Cell are but what about others?

BB got pwned! I picked up

GBA
Boktai

Ps2
chaos legion
parappa the rapper 2
clock tower 3
haunted mansion
wheel of fortune

Xbox
syberia
espn nhl hockey
nfl blitz pro
dino crisis 3

Also it was a no go on sword of mana ($29.99). I didn't get the game I really wanted (Disgaea) *sniff* but still this is my first cheapass deal!

[quote name='peteyrose']Woah... PSO for GC is worth that much? I have a perfect condition copy sitting on my shelf that I haven't played in two years :lol:[/quote]

I dont even know how much its really worth but i cant find it andi broke my dreamcast and never got to play episode 2

OK, someone here admit it - who's the beyotch who bought 61 games this morning at the Freehold, NJ store? :) When I got there it was nearly bone dry - they told me some guy came in and did that. So, fess up! :)

Could anyone pick me up MGS2:Substance (Xbox), and PN03 (GCN) for me?

If anyone could pick up those two games for me, I would pay you immediately over paypal. $15 shipped. I would be eternally grateful because the CC I went to (1.5 hours away) was sold out of them. Thank you!!!

My AIM name is: GameCuber
Or email me at: [email protected]

Thank you!

i agree this is arguably the best deal in CAG history!! Mad props to the OP. Maybe people have said this already but its ppl like u that make CAG the shit.

Is anyone willing to trade off any of the following?:

Obi Wan - Xbox
Panzer Dragoon Orta _ Xbox
Toe Jam and Earl III - Xbox
Guilty Gear X2 - PS2
Marvel Vs. Capcom - PS2

[quote name='dude2003']i also would like to thank the OP for noticing us CAG so early taht we got in on some deals. the OP kicks major ass[/quote]

and for that crazy ass semi-photographic memory of his! :applause:

I heard a rumor that the CC stores are supposed to be restocked by their warehouses for the REAL sale on the 11th. Any confirmation on that???

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='dude2003']i also would like to thank the OP for noticing us CAG so early taht we got in on some deals. the OP kicks major ass[/quote]

and for that crazy ass semi-photographic memory of his! :applause:[/quote]

I cant believe he remembered all of that. Thanks OP!

Do you guys think its a waste of time for me to go to CC tomorrow? I was going to go since I've been out all day yesterday and today so I didn't have a chance to go. I'd rather not waste my time looking through the games and find none of the discounted ones. If I go I'll buy a cd instead so I feel like I didn't waste my time, maybe Primus - Brown Album.

conflicting reports on that. A few have said yes and a few have said no. Need to wait for the "so called ad" to surface to see if that is legit or not. If it is, we may be able to find out about restock.
I have a friend in management at CC, he hopes to find out tomorrow or tuesday at latest. Will post as soon as I know something.

[quote name='Renzokuken'][quote name='bradr'][quote name='dude2003']i also would like to thank the OP for noticing us CAG so early taht we got in on some deals. the OP kicks major ass[/quote]

and for that crazy ass semi-photographic memory of his! :applause:[/quote]

I cant believe he remembered all of that. Thanks OP![/quote]

You got the 1000th post! (Made possible by my earlier 999th post! :D ). That's crazy considering this thread was started at 3:30pm or so YESTERDAY.

[quote name='tcrash247']Do you guys think its a waste of time for me to go to CC tomorrow? I was going to go since I've been out all day yesterday and today so I didn't have a chance to go. I'd rather not waste my time looking through the games and find none of the discounted ones. If I go I'll buy a cd instead so I feel like I didn't waste my time, maybe Primus - Brown Album.[/quote]
Depends how far you live from there.

Im going tomorrow. I know my CC wont pull all those games. It would pretty much make the store look empty. Anyways. I cant wait for the add to come out next sunday so I can do some Cheap Ass Price Matching at BB :D

I was able to pick up ANOTHER Disgaea this morning. I insisted that we leave early in case some other CAGs were roaming the area. It's a good thing we did because as soon as I picked up the last Disgaea, five kids streamed into the game section. My other half was shocked at how many CAGs there were.

So, to the cats at the Toledo / Spring Meadows Circuit City, sorry. It's mine. ;)

[quote name='Namelessloser']
Depends how far you live from there. [/quote]

I only live about 5-10 minutes away from one, I guess it won't hurt to go and look.

This is all sorts of YMMV. Most stores are cleared out due to people like us (one of us, one of us). whiel apparently some store have had thier stock hidden. The 4 CC's i went to all had stock still out,and 2 of them caheirs were helping me find stock.

Haha... I just realized that it's a Sunday today. All electronics stores are closed in my area so I didn't miss out on anything (hopefully). I'll definitely be checking out North Jersey CCs tomorrow morning. :)

[quote name='magilacudy']Haha... I just realized that it's a Sunday today. All electronics stores are closed in my area so I didn't miss out on anything (hopefully). I'll definitely be checking out North Jersey CCs tomorrow morning. :)[/quote]

Don't come to the South Jersey, I'll staking out those CCs :D

[quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='Namelessloser']
Depends how far you live from there. [/quote]

I only live about 5-10 minutes away from one, I guess it won't hurt to go and look.[/quote]
Ya its worth a try, and hopefully a bunch of CAG didnt go in and rape the stock of games. IF that happened them Im sure the games are either gone cuz someone bought them all, or the managers hid the rest for the 11th.

My CC was pretty much full of 4.99 deals. Just not the best ones. The really good ones took time to find. The only thing I can recall was that there were 5 Mario Party 5's when i left Sat, and only 2 when I got there today. Everything else was still there. Im hoping my CC didnt clear everything.

I said it before, I'll say it again. We make OP Cheapass of the year. Maybe we could get Cheapy to make him a special profile and such. And the sale on the 11th will be advertised, and supposedly re-stocked.

[quote name='ninjacall']I heard a rumor that the CC stores are supposed to be restocked by their warehouses for the REAL sale on the 11th. Any confirmation on that???[/quote]

THIS IS TRUE, stock will come from direct warehouse(s) and ciruit city.com warehouse; likely the east will get most of the remaining warehouse stock as the west is cycled more often; that doesn't say anything about store stock. OTHER GAMES ALREADY IN STORE WILL BE MARKED DOWN AS WELL.

Supposedly this was a "response" to the Best Buy markdown fiasco.

i went to cc tonight, didnt even know about the sale. one of the guys working there told me about a pair of kids that brought in a list of games they got for all 5 bucks. anyways , there were no bins, just shelf titles and i got 4 games at 5 bucks each, it was 10 minutes before closing, darn holiday hours so i grabbed a stack of games and brought them to the counter. the prices were wrong on the cases. i got mvp bb 2003
nhl 2002
blitz pro
and some terminator game

i would have bought more but didnt have tiime

[quote name='rabbitt']I said it before, I'll say it again. We make OP Cheapass of the year. Maybe we could get Cheapy to make him a special profile and such. And the sale on the 11th will be advertised, and supposedly re-stocked.[/quote]

I'm still waiting for my trophy from the $5 splinter cell and more fiasco (kicks rocks...hurts foot)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I just came back from my CC and found a ton of games that were not posted on the list. Of those, they were:

PS1
Tomba 2

GBC
Mario Tennis

GBA
The pinball of the dead

PS2
Ninja Assault
Monster rancher 3

a lot more but i'm going to start playing them.[/quote]

You got Monster Rancher 3 for 4.99? I had two stores check and they both rang up at 19.99

I asked my CC yday about when they got shipments for games . They told me Tuesday night. So it looks like Ill have something to do Wed morning before I head to work :D

i picked out 51 games [52 if you count the one some guy stole from my stack while i was looking at other games... and also no dupes]...right before i was gonna bring all those games to check out, an employee comes up to me and says that the manager just said that theres a limit of 3 per person..i was like "dam, i spent like an hour lookin for all those"...anyway i walked out with 9 games cause i had 2 friends with me..i got..

ps2
sega sports tennis
ico
eoe [shoulda been onimusha 2..that basterd thief]

gba
dbz legacy of goku

xbox
bloodranye
aggressive inline
nhl hitz pro
wakeboarding unleashed
gun valkyrie

this was at pensacola, fl...the empolyees themselves were cool, but dam that manager!..lol

demoman, what CC do you work at? I live in the cities and I want to get in on this deal!

Cheers to a fellow minnesotan cheapassgamer!

Re-stocked with old smelly tennis shoes. 0.0 I mean video games. There will supposedly be a restock of video games. And shakspear, I must not have been around for that deal, lol. Maybe you are in CheapyD's will?

[quote name='siamesellama']I was able to pick up ANOTHER Disgaea this morning. I insisted that we leave early in case some other CAGs were roaming the area. It's a good thing we did because as soon as I picked up the last Disgaea, five kids streamed into the game section. My other half was shocked at how many CAGs there were.

So, to the cats at the Toledo / Spring Meadows Circuit City, sorry. It's mine. ;)[/quote]

didn't you get a few already? did they say anything about not selling the games?

Here are the games I picked up today:
PS1:
Threads of Fate
Dragon Warrior VII

PS2:
Dark Cloud
Devil May Cry 2

Xbox:
Spy Hunter 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Fatal Frame
DOA Volleyball
Whacked!
Aliens vs Pradator

GC:
Bomberman Generation

GBA:
F-Zero
Doom II (I didn't see this on the list but I had the employee scan it & it came up $4.99)

Thanks for all the info guys!!

The Spring Meadows one, the guy at the registers in games, he was really nice to me, and told me that they didn't have any of the four games in stock that I wanted.

HOWEVER, the Franklin Park one, the guy wouldn't even tell me if they had my games. They wouldn't sell them to me.

i too....from minnesota.....live in rogers mn....which is close by maple grove.....am angry becuase my closest CC is in Ridgedale.......crap.....about an hour away..............

I dont even think there will be a restock, its just going to be what is left that got pulled off the shelves. They may even mark down even more games that aren't on the list yet and hold those for the sale. However IMO i dont believe CC will restock any of the games.

From what i've been told i work in the games department at CC there won't be any restock this was suposed to be for next weekend pretty much as i've heard but hey what ya gonna do.

Well, I hit the Novi, Southfield, and Taylor, MI stores last night when I first heard of the deal. Found a good amount of games, including Ikaruga, but I didn't have the full list on me at the time. I was at the Westland store when they opened this morning, waiting along with 2 people from fatwallet (one guy was really cool though). I then made my way back to the Taylor, Southfield, and finally Novi store to pick up the games I didn't know about the night before.
It was really funny because each store had about 5-10 people in the video game section, full list in hand. These people hadn't done their homework. I pretty much memorized every game worth getting and was able to move through the racks at lightning speed, only occasionally pulling out a couple sticky notes from my pocket. Here's what I wound up getting:

PS2
Dynasty Warriors 4
Indiana Jones
Dark Cloud 2
Mobile Suit Gundam Federation vs Zeon
Mega Man X7
RE Dead Aim
Street Fighter EX3
Bloody Roar 4
Futurama
Guilty Gear X
Robot Alchemic Drive
Spy Hunter 2
Robin Hood
Disaster Report
Mystic Heroes
Frequency
Ninja Assault
Dues Ex
The Bouncer
Dino Stalkers

GCN
The Sims
Red Faction 2
Ikaruga
PN 03
RE: Code Veronica X
Zoo Cube
Mario Party 4
Wrestlemania XIX

XBox
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Dino Crisis 3
Aliens vs Predator
Futurama
SWAT
Crimson Sea
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Toejam & Earl III
Voodoo Vince

GBA
Boktai

One question for any Michiganders: Did anybody go to a Circuit City in Flint yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back