OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

[quote name='rabbitt']Boktai is a lot of fun. I opened one of my two copies (neither is f/t, f/s!!) today and started to play it. I almost forgot that I was melting in front of the sun. I would suggest getting it just to play.[/quote]

hmmm buying a game just to play it...what an interesting concept...I'll have to try it sometime.

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='rabbitt']Boktai is a lot of fun. I opened one of my two copies (neither is f/t, f/s!!) today and started to play it. I almost forgot that I was melting in front of the sun. I would suggest getting it just to play.[/quote]flashlight/room light work on the game?[/quote]

That ruins the point of using the sun to power your weapon! For shame! Oh, and yeah, you need a really strong flashlight... :wink:

[quote name='gza331']Is Boktai a rare game?[/quote]
I'm not sure how likely you are to find it in a store, but sealed copies can go for only $5.00 on Ebay, so if it's rare it's not valuable.

I can't believe some of the games people are finding. More than one person has reported buying Rez, which is very rare. Fortunately I was able to get a new copy for $15 before they became too hard to find. But that's still not as good as what it's going for now.

Hey if any of you are in Texas and can get to the Waco store it hasn't been hit too bad yet. My hubby went today and they told him the most games bought at once were 11.....till the hubby bought his 24 games. But he said they still had alot left...........Misty

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='rabbitt']Boktai is a lot of fun. I opened one of my two copies (neither is f/t, f/s!!) today and started to play it. I almost forgot that I was melting in front of the sun. I would suggest getting it just to play.[/quote]flashlight/room light work on the game?[/quote]
Nope I bought it when it was released and tried that due to lack of sunlight. I wish I would have waited because I haven't played it much and I paid full price for it. :cry:

I picked up 5 games today.
Xbox
Red Faction II
Gun Metal

PS2
War of the Monsters
Mega Man X7

GBA
Lunar Legends

I made out nicely, but I really wanted Ikaruga, Disgaea, and PN03.

[quote name='Action Jacktion'][quote name='gza331']Is Boktai a rare game?[/quote]
I'm not sure how likely you are to find it in a store, but sealed copies can go for only $5.00 on Ebay, so if it's rare it's not valuable.

I can't believe some of the games people are finding. More than one person has reported buying Rez, which is very rare. Fortunately I was able to get a new copy for $15 before they became too hard to find. But that's still not as good as what it's going for now.[/quote]
No kidding. I paid $30 for a used copy of a REZ and was happy. Ikaruga, Disgaea, REZ, Tactics Ogre, and a few others are all pretty rare games so finding any of them is a great find indeed. I got lucky with Tactics Ogre last year. I looked everywhere for it then I called Gamestop up and they happened to have one new copy left for $40 which is a bit pricey, but it was very worth it so paying $5 is worth it for sure.

Dude, you got screwed. I would have kept on complaining until I walked out with the games. If those were the prices on the computer, I think they should have just given it to you. Plus, by the time you go back and try to get it at the $4.99 price tag, the games will probably be gone by then.

P.S

Both Viruta Fighter 4 and Evolution rang up as $19.99. :cry:

I moved this from the Official CC price thread since I think this is a more appropriate thread.

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been previously mentioned since I didn't read all 60 + pages of posts.

I just found out about this deal on Monday, so I went to my local CC with a list in hand.

Found 4 games that were on the list and went to the register to confirm the price. They scanned for $4.99 but the clerk said they would not honor the $4.99 price, only the marked price.

Asked for the manager, who also told me they would not honor the price since it was a computer "glitch". After I pressed him further, he admitted that it wasn't a glitch but rather a mistake at corporate; the pricing reflects a future sale.

Even after admitting this he still refused to honor the sale price and said that corporate had ordered him not sell any games for $4.99 since it wasn't an advertised price. He did offer to hold the games until the sale started but he couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me when that was. I didn't find that acceptable.

I was pretty pissed at this time since I believe not honoring the scanned price is illegal but I decided to let it go and put the games back on the shelf.

I've since written an email to CC corporate and filled a complaint with the BBB.

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone think I overreacted?

Can someone give me a comprehensive list on the popular, most requested, and rare PS2, GCN, and GBA games. I've ran out of Xbox games to buy, and I figured I'd start looking for some great games from other consoles to sell and trade.

PM me if possible. If someone gives me a list, they get first dibs on anyone I find off of it. :shock:

Thats a load of BS!

My CC was pretty awesome about it, until someone from FatWallet*whom bought 60 games alone in the XBOX section* gave the CC salesman the damn list. He showed it to his manager, and she brought in one of those baskets to stock games on and took almost all the GC games. (Funny thing is she missed a lot). They tried to make it look like they had a lot of games by putting in a bunch of GH titles in those area's that they had in the back.

Luckily I got almost everything I wanted. Im still asking fellow CAG if they could find Rugrats and Spongebob for the Cube, it would bring a smile to my neice.

Did anybody other than CC employees get Viewtiful Joe or Metal Gear Solid Substance (XBX)?? I got quite a few games, and would trade any of them or pay for it.

That is a load of shit imperium. The clerk at my CC was cool about it today and I have a friend who is going to go back tomorrow because they told him they would be receiving a shipment tomorrow and he is going to give me a call if they are still allowing the sell to go on. If not then I have heard from alot of people that it is offically starting the 11th (Sunday) and I will be there bright and early armed with cash and a list.

I hit up 2 stores in the Dallas area and ended up with 9 Xbox games:

The Italian Job
Metal Gear Solid 2
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Crazy Taxi 3
Aggressive Inline
Syberia
Pirates of the Caribbean
Dead to Rights
RoadKill

they actually had about 6 other Xbox games in addition to the ones i just listed.

[quote name='Sigma']That is a load of shit imperium. The clerk at my CC was cool about it today and I have a friend who is going to go back tomorrow because they told him they would be receiving a shipment tomorrow and he is going to give me a call if they are still allowing the sell to go on. If not then I have heard from alot of people that it is offically starting the 11th (Sunday) and I will be there bright and early armed with cash and a list.[/quote]

Where in indiana are you, bub?

I picked up ESPN NHL Hockey. I was really hopin' for Dark Cloud 2, ICO, REZ, or Panzer Dragoon Orta though. There were like 5 people storming the aisles while I was there with lists. :) I may make a second trip on Sunday when they may bring out more stuff.

[quote name='WeaponX2099'][quote name='Sigma']That is a load of shit imperium. The clerk at my CC was cool about it today and I have a friend who is going to go back tomorrow because they told him they would be receiving a shipment tomorrow and he is going to give me a call if they are still allowing the sell to go on. If not then I have heard from alot of people that it is offically starting the 11th (Sunday) and I will be there bright and early armed with cash and a list.[/quote]

Where in indiana are you, bub?[/quote]
In the Indianapolis area.

Does anyone know why CC corporate headquarters would not want to sell the games early? I'm sure people are returning to CC each day, hoping for restocks and buying the few games that are still there, and maybe even buying something else. I saw a guy purchase an Xbox just because of the cheap game prices. By pulling the games and refusing to honor the mark-down prices, they're essentially telling people, "Don't bother coming back into our store until Sunday."

Maybe my CC is holding back some games. At around 6:00 pm on Sunday, (I went the same day at around 12:00) my aunt went there to get some games. They were giving her trouble about selling the games for 4.99 b/c they said the sale was supposed to be next Sunday. She was able to get the haunted mansion and robin hood both for ps2. Perhaps the employees "overlooked" these games and focused on the better ones.

Well one manager told me the reason they were pulling the games off the shelves was because they'd be advertising them on the 11th and get a storm load of people, just to find nothing in stock. It would make a lot of people mad blah blah blah.

I hit up 3 CCs by my house and picked up for $5 each:

Ring of Red (PS2)
ICO (PS2)
Okage: Shadow King (PS2)
Dragon Valor (PS1)

[quote name='adamsappel']Does anyone know why CC corporate headquarters would not want to sell the games early? I'm sure people are returning to CC each day, hoping for restocks and buying the few games that are still there, and maybe even buying something else. I saw a guy purchase an Xbox just because of the cheap game prices. By pulling the games and refusing to honor the mark-down prices, they're essentially telling people, "Don't bother coming back into our store until Sunday."[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. The only time I ever go into CC is when they have sells like this. I orginally went for Castlevania: Lament of Innocence for $14.99 and ended up getting 5 additional games for $5 each. If they won't honor the price till Sunday then I will not go to the store until Sunday.

[quote name='Sigma'][quote name='WeaponX2099'][quote name='Sigma']That is a load of shit imperium. The clerk at my CC was cool about it today and I have a friend who is going to go back tomorrow because they told him they would be receiving a shipment tomorrow and he is going to give me a call if they are still allowing the sell to go on. If not then I have heard from alot of people that it is offically starting the 11th (Sunday) and I will be there bright and early armed with cash and a list.[/quote]

Where in indiana are you, bub?[/quote]
In the Indianapolis area.[/quote]

I have an interesting trade offer for you if you can find a few games.

*Plans the route needed to get to the two CC in my area with my boyfriend.*

Must get loads of cheap CHEAP ass games. :)

[quote name='yeldarb367']Should I call CC each day and ask if they got a new shipment in or should I just physically go and check?[/quote]
Check, chances are they will not even tell you the truth.

I asked if they had Mario Party 4 on Sat, they said we dont have any in stock. When i went, they had 5.

yeldarb367 Posted: July 6, 2004, 12:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I call CC each day and ask if they got a new shipment in or should I just physically go and check?

I wouldn't, i did that for Bloody roar 4 and Spy hunter 2 at one of my local CC and they said taht they had it and would hold it for me but when i got it there some dude working there was like you didn't make it in time so i bought them. Sucks but i did find Bloody Roar 4 at another CC.

Sigma Posted: July 6, 2004, 12:04 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adamsappel wrote:
Does anyone know why CC corporate headquarters would not want to sell the games early? I'm sure people are returning to CC each day, hoping for restocks and buying the few games that are still there, and maybe even buying something else. I saw a guy purchase an Xbox just because of the cheap game prices. By pulling the games and refusing to honor the mark-down prices, they're essentially telling people, "Don't bother coming back into our store until Sunday."

My thoughts exactly. The only time I ever go into CC is when they have sells like this. I orginally went for Castlevania: Lament of Innocence for $14.99 and ended up getting 5 additional games for $5 each. If they won't honor the price till Sunday then I will not go to the store until Sunday.

My feelings exactly.

Add Armored Core 3. I got that and a few semi good games today but the cc near me is picked clean now. The employee there I know was walking with me picking up most of the stuff I bought too. He seems to think they might get some drop shipments in later in the week. Also I ran into some FW'ers with lists there they seemed uninterested in the help I was offering with more complete listings so I decided to buy the 3 Armored Core 3s instead of offering them copies(1 for me 1 for a friend for work and 1 in my trade thread.)

This is what I've got after 2 days.

PS1:
Threads of Fate
Dragon Warrior VII
FF Origins

PS2:
Dark Cloud
Devil May Cry 2
Tribes: Aerial Assault

Xbox:
Spy Hunter 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Fatal Frame
DOA Volleyball
Whacked!
Aliens vs Pradator
Speed Kings
Red Faction II (Technically, I got this for free since the cashier forgot to ring it up. I didn't notive it until I got home and it wasn't on my reciept. wooohooo!)

GC:
Bomberman Generation

GBA:
F-Zero
Doom II

My brother had the same problem about buying the games because the CC employee said the sale is supposed to be next week and CC fixed the prices so that they will not come up anymore. I told him to come back and actually scan the prices to make sure. I also told him to buy the games if they come up regular prices because I will be able to price match them next week and get each one for as low as $.50 if they come up $49.99 this week and $4.99 next week($45 + 10%($4.50) = $49.50 back from $49.99 so GOOD DEAL!!!)

All 5 bucks each
i got:

PS1
-----
Wild Arms 2 (RARE game i think)

PS2
------
Shadow of Destiny

GC
----
Wrestlemania 19
Phantasy Star Online EP1&2
Wave Race
Lost Kingdoms

I'm hoping for the sales on sunday, they issue a limit for clearance games per customer...... *ducks*

seriously, imposing a limit for the first day (7/11) would help them keep alot of their customers who came in for the ad happy.. they can lift the limit later if it's too slow (I bought 12 games myself so I realize I am hypocritical...) who here would be upset with that, and who would approve??

Went to my local CC this morning and it was as dry as a bone. The only game that I could find for $4.99 was Haven. I'll check by sometime again this week to see if they're gonna restock.

BTW, this is in San Jose, CA

FOR EVERYBODY WITH D*CK CC MANAGERS:

Buy them right now at regular marked prices and PRICE MATCH them next week to get each one for as low as $0.49. For example, if the price is $49.99 and next week it's $4.99, then $45 difference + 10%($4.50) = $49.50 back from $49.99. If they want to be d*cks, then take advantage of their pricematch policy and buy them now...buy lots of them!!!

every person i ran into at CC was pretty cool....one guy questioned a game my buddy got but he eventualy changed the price!!! it was crazy.....the GR CC were all great

I wouldn't mind it. I'm really just interested in snagging some older games I missed out on before for 5 bucks. These people buying up all the good games in one move are kinda ruining it for the rest of us. :(

You realize by the time next week comes almost all of the good games are gone, right? Unless they stock up, which I doubt because the sale is probably to get rid of their stock.

"Red Faction II (Technically, I got this for free since the cashier forgot to ring it up. I didn't notive it until I got home and it wasn't on my reciept. wooohooo!)"

let me edit that for you, "Red Faction II (Technically, this is stealing. wooohooo!)"

Technically that's cashier stupidity I also got a game that wasn't rung up. It seems alot of cashiers were getting so sick of opening all those security boxes they where doing a poor job scanning.

all the stores in my area have pulled stock until the 11th. Couple that with a possible restock (and many of these games were listed on their website at full price while they were 4.99 in the store, cheaper to send to the stores then offer free shipping for each title-so it's not as far fetched as many would have you think.) There is a very good likelyhood of good titles available on the 11th.

[quote name='tolhurst']I'm hoping for the sales on sunday, they issue a limit for clearance games per customer...... *ducks*

seriously, imposing a limit for the first day (7/11) would help them keep alot of their customers who came in for the ad happy.. they can lift the limit later if it's too slow (I bought 12 games myself so I realize I am hypocritical...) who here would be upset with that, and who would approve??[/quote]

what really sucks is the people who get more than one copy of the same game. If you like lots of games its ok but buying all of the ikarugas and disgaeas is just lame. How hard would it be to make it so they can only buy 1 each. Other stores do this on new games so why not on clearance games.

Not sure if these have been listed but here are some more:

Moto GP 2 Xbox (I picked this one up)
Viewtiful Joe Cube
Tomb Raider GBA
Morrow Wind GOTY Edition

A limit of three would sure make that decision a bit tougher, wouldn't it? Most of us here would grab the ones we wanted, the general public--and heck most of the fatwallet and sunday paper crowd--would go for the bigger name stuff like Star Wars, sports (but not a rare to find cheap title like Disgaea) most likely. Obviously the dealers wouldn't be happy... but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back