OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

[quote name='Buddy Z']You can add

Buffy: Wrath of Darkhul King to the GBA list

& Golden Sun: The lost something or other
rang up at full price for me unless there was a sequal and I had the wrong game[/quote]Golden Sun is $5, Golden Sun: Th Lost Age is not

Went to another CC today and managed to get Syberia (Xbox) and RE: Dead Aim (PS2). Had some other titles left but nothing really interesting.. and that's the last CC in my range.

Kinda sucks.. I was really hoping to find DOA: XBV and Burnout 2 as well.

[quote name='jrutz'][quote name='Hot Sizzle'][quote name='PrinceNeil']I also told him to buy the games if they come up regular prices because I will be able to price match them next week and get each one for as low as $.50 if they come up $49.99 this week and $4.99 next week($45 + 10%($4.50) = $49.50 back from $49.99 so GOOD DEAL!!!)[/quote]
Yea I got the same problem today, went up to buy just one game and the clerk says "uh oh it's one of those 5 dollar games" and makes it regular priced. I was about to just cancel the purchase, but thought about just coming back in a week for a price adjust. Do they just scan the barcode and give it for the price it's comin up and is that extra 10% automatic for all price adjustments?[/quote]
You probably won't be able to do this. Clearance sales are limited to stock on hand. If you buy a game this week at $49.99 and next week they've cleared it out, they probably won't honor the sale price and then you are stuck with a $49.99 game you could have bought for $4.99. :?[/quote]
I bought Kung Fu Chaos three weeks ago for $14.99. I took my receipt back yesterday and got the 110% price difference.

mabye I was just lucky but it looked like hardly anyone went to the Southlake store in Georgia...today(Tuesday) I got Ring of Red, Metal Dungeon, RAD, Waverace. There were a few copies of Waverace, Pikmin, and PN03 left.

People are still seeing these on shelves? other places are reporting that there was a Email sent out to pull the games back for now

Not all circuit city stores bothered doing it, one I have been going to knows full well about the sale actually being next week and didn't touch a thing.

[quote name='misbitski']People definitely killed this deal. I checked the Somerville, NJ store on 7/5 and found a handful of games. They were:

Syberia
Evil Dead
Legends of Wrestling 2

The only $5 game was LOW2. Everything else scanned at the same price they were marked. The clearance box they set up for the sale was raided, and the normal clearance bin is where I found the measly handful.
[/quote]

I find this to be odd. Syberia and Evil Dead are two of the most well known $5 games, and tons of people have gotten Syberia.. this deal seems to be one big YMMV, because you couldn't get Syberia and Evil Dead for $5, and I got Syberia last night for $5.. and I got Jedi Outcast on XBox for $5 on Sunday, and no one else has been able to get a $4.99 deal on Outcast.

[quote name='Namelessloser']Thats a load of BS!

My CC was pretty awesome about it, until someone from FatWallet*whom bought 60 games alone in the XBOX section* gave the CC salesman the damn list. He showed it to his manager, and she brought in one of those baskets to stock games on and took almost all the GC games. (Funny thing is she missed a lot). They tried to make it look like they had a lot of games by putting in a bunch of GH titles in those area's that they had in the back.

Luckily I got almost everything I wanted. Im still asking fellow CAG if they could find Rugrats and Spongebob for the Cube, it would bring a smile to my neice.[/quote]

Hey, I saw a copy of Rugrats: Royal Ransom for the cube at the Circuit City here.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this sale? When is the sale? now or later? Are the game still on sale if i go to my CC today?? Ive missed this whole deal.....can someone help out and explain (in Joe Shmo's words).....WHAT IS GOING ON???!?!

The two stores I went to today(Conyers and Southlake) still had the 4.99 games out and I got no hassle from anyone.

[quote name='Ericnmel99']Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this sale? When is the sale? now or later? Are the game still on sale if i go to my CC today?? Ive missed this whole deal.....can someone help out and explain (in Joe Shmo's words).....WHAT IS GOING ON???!?![/quote]

print out the list of games, go to CC and find them, take them to checkout they will ring up $4.99, you walk out with smile on ur face

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Vyse']mmn & KeeperX, I also hit both of the CC's on Trop & Eastern and the one by the Galleria yesterday morning. Nice to see we have so many cheapass Vegas folks. I picked up Star Wars: Clone Wars, Aggresive Inline, State of Emergency, NHL 2K3 and Roadkill. The sales guy in the store was really nice and pointed out all of the games that were left that were $4.99! He also said that someone else game in just before me and scored about 10 games.[/quote]

I've hit all 4 CCs in town and I can tell you, they're all pretty much gutted now except for old sports games. Most of the stores I hit I was lucky and found 1 copy left for most of the games I wanted, such as Blood Omen 2, Dino Crisis 3, Grabbed by the Goulies, Baldurs Gate 1, and Dynasty Warriors 3.

All us cheapass Vegas folks should get together and play Halo some time :)[/quote]

Had to go back quite a ways to find my last post! Sounds like a cheapass plan!

[quote name='little_krampy']
#2 - It's okay to look for the rare/valuable titles to trade or sell, but showing up with a list and clearing out every single $5 game is frickin' retarded unless you plan on playing all of them.[/quote]

i feel ya there, when i went to my circuit city at about 3pm on sunday, i saw a basket lying on the floor full of about 40 games, i thought the CC put those aside as clearance titles or somethin like that, and when i started going through the basket some guy with a list came over and said "oh that's mine" :roll:
[quote name='little_krampy']#3 - Any dealer who took advantage of this and plans on reselling the games, I hope no one buys them.[/quote]

It was worth a laugh when i checked ebay for Disgaea, seeing it go for $30-40, and several pics of the game had the 49.99 CC price tag on it :roll:

As far as anyone knows...the sale is still going on. Supposedly it was supposed to OFFICIALLY start on July 11th, but that seemed to have gone by the wayside.

So, the games listed at $4.99....some stores may nor honor it, but almost all will. Some stores have pulled stock off the shelves also.

So, YMMV as to what you will get....but go try it.

BTW- Played Clone Wars and Roadkill last night and both games are well worth $4.99. Roadkill is pretty wild and I love the Blue Oyster Cult music.

Hit the Circuit City on Atlantic in Jax.

Saw Backyard Hockey, FIFA 2004, Bionicle, and some Billy Blaze Rescue Ranger game for GBA. Also saw ObiWan PH, Amped PH, Syberia, and SSX Tricky for Xbox if you want to add those the list.

All the Xbox & PS2 games on sale are in specially marked $4.99 bins. The clerk said Sunday and Monday were crazy and the selection is now pretty picked over. I picked up Voodoo Vince & Vexx for Xbox but didn't see any other Xbox games that interested me.

[quote name='Calico']doubledown I was there Sunday but mistakenly said it was the madison heights store... did you try the one near lakeside?[/quote]

Yep, tried that one also. Didn't have much left in the form of XBOX games.

I picked up NFL Blitz Pro & Splashdown (last one I think). They had more NFL Blitz and possibly Haunted Mansion, but that's it. I had no luck at the Roseville store also....let me know if you have any better luck. I'm still looking for a few games.

(These are XBOX only, as I could care less about the other systems)

I was really only looking for ESPN Hockey or Dynasty Warriors for xbox... I don't know if I'm going to look much more. If you are tell me if you see any of them.

[quote name='Calico']I was really only looking for ESPN Hockey or Dynasty Warriors for xbox... I don't know if I'm going to look much more. If you are tell me if you see any of them.[/quote]

Ok, sounds good...did you pick up anything else? If I see either, maybe we could make an even up trade....I think I may go back to Lakeside one, since it's my little cousins B-day, and was thinking about getting him a game for $5

I just bought AquaAqua for PS2 for $4.99. I didn't see it on the list. It looks like an interesting puzzle game, but I don't know the reviews, though.

I didn't get anything, those are the two I really wanted... I would have gotten Kung fu chaos if it was there. I thought about DOA volleyball but wasn't sure. I did ask about Simpsons Hit and Run but it was full price.

My CC has a crapload of games out, a few good title here and there, but nothing spectacular.

Two guys were going through everything, marking everying $4.99 and taking them out of the cases. They had 3 or 4 bins where the value games were and had signs up in each with "$4.99" and "Limit of 5 per customer" on each. I spoke to the videogame manager and he said the after Christmas clearence caught him off-guard and he was going to do things right this time. Sucks for me, I had a field day last time at that store...

This seems like the smartest plan, especially since the dumbasses who are putting the prices in the computer decided to put in the pricing a week early. A week for those in the know and then a week for everybody... if they're trying to liquidate that's the best way to do it.

[quote name='zewone']You can add Chrono Cross. I don't know if it was because the one I got was Non-GH, but it rang up for $4.99. I was very happy with that one.[/quote]Holy sh*t dude. Where there anymore of the non-greatest hits chrono cross left at your store? If so, where do you live? Think you could possibly pick up another copy for me? Anywho, are all of the 4.99 games in a huge bin or something? Or are they mixed in with the rest of the games? Sorry for so many questions.

I went to my CC today (Millbury, MA.) They didn't have much, but then again, their selection is never that huge to begin with. I ended up picking up just 2 games, Chaos Legion (PS2) for me, and Super Duper Sumos (GBA) for my son.

They also had P.N.03 for the GC, and a few other crap titles for PS2 (I don't have an XBOX, so I didn't look at XBOX games) like Haunted Mansion, and Pryzm. Like I said, not much.

Considering how late I'm coming to this party, I'm happy to even get one decent game for myself at such a low price.

i cant go until thursday........i talked to a guy on the phone who worked there and he said hundreds of games were still there..........about half the store.....lol...........im sooo sad.............

Went to the Tacoma Mall store in Washington State today. Only found GC Nascar Dirt to Daytona on the shelf, and the PS2 version in a "bin" over by the demo units. They may have had one or two more games, but it looked really worked over. As it was, I got Dirt to Daytona, and hopefully it supports my Logitech wheel. I broke down and got Nascar Thunder 2004 a couple days ago for $29, only to discover it didn't. :(

Would really like a copy of MotoGP 2 for Xbox if someone could hook me up.

That'll suck if they won't price adjust the items, good thing I still have them all sealed so I can just return them then. Does anyone know if they place returned items back on the floor right away or if it takes a day or two?

[quote name='stocker08']i cant go until thursday........i talked to a guy on the phone who worked there and he said hundreds of games were still there..........about half the store.....lol...........im sooo sad.............[/quote]

...where is this again? ;)

The CC in DG IL by the yorktown mall has pulled everything and stockpiled it in the back waiting for the 11th. And the CC in BolingBrook IL on Weber still has everything out but refuses to sell at the 4.99 price. They were claiming that it was a price glitch and everything is priced as marked. Screwy CC employees

I just got off the phone with the CC in my area and the worker said that they had just gotten an updated list of titles that were on clearence, so more games were being marked down. Now the bad news, all the games on clearance were being marked as $5 and would be placed in their own bin so everybody will know that they are all on clearance. As far as waiting for the sale on Sunday she said that they were not waiting for it and all games were going NOW. Also there is not going to be any restock, at least at this store. But we all knew that any way.

went to the chandler CC, got this

23213333333333uh722_001.jpg

this young CC worker was taking off the $4.99 games because they made a $4.99 bin so i said are those the $4.99 games she was like yep, i politely asked if i could take a look at them and she was like sure so picked up these games today. I guess on sunday it will be even easier to find these games since they will be in a big bin, thats if they are still there by sunday :D

For me this was a cheap ass waste of time - all three stores I went to had already begun pulling or had completed pulled all of the $5 games off the shelves, presumably until Sunday.

**Warning to all --- call before you go!! Employees know of the sale, so just call and ask if they've already pulled the $5 games. Don't waste a lot of time and gas like I did.**

I was just at CC today and Mojo (Xbox) rang at $20, not $5.

And boy was that CC picked over. While I was wading through the dozens of copies of Cel Damage, Stake, etc in the bin I had two different people ask me if I was looking for the $5 games. (An employee and another shopper.) News of this deal has spread fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back