Old Disney Channel and Nickelodeon shows?

trytej

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Anyone know where I can get these shows besides eBay, since they never have it on eBay.

Shows like:
The Famous Jett Jackson
Kenan & Kel
The Jersey
Even Stevens
Are you Afraid of the Dark?
Bug Juice
etc.

I've been trying to remember the name of an Old Disney Cartoon, all I can recall is it had Racoons, a Rock n Roll opening and the lyrics had something about "when darkness falls." Anyone recall something similiar? Havn't seen it in over 10 years.

[quote name='trytej']Anyone know where I can get these shows besides eBay, since they never have it on eBay.

Shows like:
The Famous Jett Jackson
Kenan & Kel
The Jersey
Even Stevens
Bug Juice
etc.[/quote]

Some of those shows are from Nick.

None of those shows have been released on DVD yet. The only Live Action shows from the era you're talking about that have seen release are Clarissa Explains It All and the Adventures of Pete and Pete. Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude are rumored to be future releases of the Nick Rewind Collection.

[quote name='trytej']Anyone know where I can get these shows besides eBay, since they never have it on eBay.

Shows like:
The Famous Jett Jackson
Kenan & Kel
The Jersey
Even Stevens
Bug Juice
etc.[/QUOTE]

Most of those have barley been off the air a few years. Those are old?

Kenan & Kel, Are you Afraid were Nick shows BTW.

[quote name='Drahken']I've been trying to remember the name of an Old Disney Cartoon, all I can recall is it had Racoons, a Rock n Roll opening and the lyrics had something about "when darkness falls." Anyone recall something similiar? Havn't seen it in over 10 years.[/QUOTE]

And the villain had a pink faucet-shaped nose, right? I used to watch that- it's just called The Racoons. I caught it for a minute on TV a long time ago, but I see it on the TV listing channel once in awhile.

Wasn't Are You Afraid of the Dark rumoured to be put in the Nick Rewind Collection?

I hope so, because I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

(And put Rocko on DVD, you bastards!)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']And the villain had a pink faucet-shaped nose, right? I used to watch that- it's just called The Racoons. I caught it for a minute on TV a long time ago, but I see it on the TV listing channel once in awhile.[/QUOTE]

I think it was called PB&J otter and their names were Peanut, Butter and Jam. They also used their noodle to figure out stuff. Pretty shitty show.

Oh and I bet those shows come on some channel like Nick 4 and Toon Disney I bet.

I got a complete Are you afraid of the dark? collection on ebay, it's bootleg but it isn't too bad quality, like an old VHS tape kind of, definitely watchable...
I think I paid like 40 or 50 but it is 9 discs...
When I saw the title I was thinking more along the lines of that live action Alice in Wonderland show, and Dumbo's circus, and possibly Eureeka's Castle (which I think is Nick too btw)...
-Goatman

[quote name='DuelLadyS']And the villain had a pink faucet-shaped nose, right? I used to watch that- it's just called The Racoons. I caught it for a minute on TV a long time ago, but I see it on the TV listing channel once in awhile.

Originally Posted by Psydrogen

Psydrogen: This is The Raccoons...

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/88-the-raccoons/[/QUOTE]

I think that's it, heh I feel stupid now never thought they'd name the show The Raccoons it's too obvious. Thanks alot.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Yes, yes, Rocko's Modern Life NEEDS to be released.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they don't edit the crap out of it and make it PC like they did Ren and Stimpy. Although I think Rocko's Modern Life had more fat jokes in relation to Heffer then anything.

[quote name='furyk']Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude are rumored to be future releases of the Nick Rewind Collection.[/QUOTE]

I will buy those in a heart beat.

I'm pretty sure I saw Welcome Freshmen probably a bulk of the series but I can't remember a single thing about it.

I would definately buy salute your shorts, and the secret world of Alex mack. The Classic are you afraid of the dark series aswell. What is up Nick, you are slacking in your dvd releasing. Someone should write them a letter and let em know how much money they are missing out on. :p

[quote name='thorbahn3']I think it was called PB&J otter and their names were Peanut, Butter and Jam. They also used their noodle to figure out stuff. Pretty shitty show.[/QUOTE]

Oh GOD, no... PB&J is a fairly new preschool show, the kid I used to babysit watched it sometimes... the Racoons is much older and geared toward an older audience too- Psydrogen's link is the right show. (I haven't seen that opening in years...)

I want to see My Brother & Me (it only lasted for a season I think, but I used to think some of the sarcastic comments the kids said were hillarious) and Doug released on DVD (and not that new Disney channel version where they are in middle school). Nick actually put Doug back on the air last month for I think 2 weeks. Seeing those episodes, just made me realize even more how much the new Nickelodeon sucks.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Donkey Lips.

'nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Donkey Lips rules! Remember the episode where Sponge had to stay awake for a radio contest? Anyways your not alone. Amazon.com has an email program to tell people when it comes out. They also have other Nick shows under these guidelines. I suppose once they get a lot of emails Nick will start making the DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JO2R/104-5106472-0620749?v=glance&n=130

I'd rather they focus on getting Pete & Pete season 3 out before they start working on any new shows. Sadly, it seems to have been delayed indefinitely.

Only one I care for is Are You Afraid of the Dark. The one I'm waiting for is the ever delayed You Can't Do That On Television. Best place for news is www.tvshowsondvd.com in case no has mentioned it yet. Can even sign up and vote for shows to get released. In fact, the reason why Wings is coming out is because so many people voted to get it out. If it weren't for that site, a lot of shows wouldn't be on dvd right now

Many, if not all of these shows are best left in the past. No sense in watching soemthign that you though was funy when you were 10, 15 years later, and wondering why you ever found it funny in the first place, thus tarnishing your memory. Don't look for any future Nickelodeon stuff either, that Rewind Colelction set is dead. The First Pete and Pete set sold pretty well, but the second set and the first Clarissa set tanked so bad that it killed the entire line.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Ahem what about david the nome? Omg david the nome.[/QUOTE]
I remember that one, as well as one with alien Panda Bears...don't remember the name though... Anyway, fun fact, David the Gnone is actually a cartoon from Spain re-dubbed over for American audiences.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I remember that one, as well as one with alien Panda Bears...don't remember the name though... Anyway, fun fact, David the Gnone is actually a cartoon from Spain re-dubbed over for American audiences.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember one with Alien Panda bears but I think I remember one with Alien Koala's but I don't remember the name.

Edit found it, it was called Noozles but aka "Fushigi na koala Blinky"

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Only one I care for is Are You Afraid of the Dark. The one I'm waiting for is the ever delayed You Can't Do That On Television. Best place for news is www.tvshowsondvd.com in case no has mentioned it yet. Can even sign up and vote for shows to get released. In fact, the reason why Wings is coming out is because so many people voted to get it out. If it weren't for that site, a lot of shows wouldn't be on dvd right now[/QUOTE]

Well let's be honest here. The AYAOFTD box set's won't have many, if any, extra's with all the people that have ownership rights to it here.
And yes Nick went down the shitter.

[quote name='Drahken']I don't remember one with Alien Panda bears but I think I remember one with Alien Koala's but I don't remember the name.

Edit found it, it was called Noozles but aka "Fushigi na koala Blinky"[/quote]
Koolas, ya, that's the ticket

[quote name='Sarang01']Well let's be honest here. The AYAOFTD box set's won't have many, if any, extra's with all the people that have ownership rights to it here.
And yes Nick went down the shitter.[/quote]

You're right about Nick sucking. Seems they went south in the mid 90s. I remember when I was a kid, I used to watch them in the morning sometimes. David the Gnome, Maya the Bee, Eureka's Castle. And for the older kids, Doug, Rocko and a few others. I stopped watching when I was about 10 anyhow.

And is it me, or has Nick@Nite gotten really shitty. Seems like all I ever see on there is Roseanne. I like Roseanne, don't get me wrong, but its annoying when it seems like thats all they play. Its like Star Trek: TNG, its in syndication everywhere. Only show I can stand on there is Fresh Prince. I miss the good old days of Mister Ed, Green Acres, and Get Smart. Heck seems rare to catch them on TV Land now...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']You're right about Nick sucking. Seems they went south in the mid 90s. I remember when I was a kid, I used to watch them in the morning sometimes. David the Gnome, Maya the Bee, Eureka's Castle. And for the older kids, Doug, Rocko and a few others. I stopped watching when I was about 10 anyhow.

And is it me, or has Nick@Nite gotten really shitty. Seems like all I ever see on there is Roseanne. I like Roseanne, don't get me wrong, but its annoying when it seems like thats all they play. Its like Star Trek: TNG, its in syndication everywhere. Only show I can stand on there is Fresh Prince. I miss the good old days of Mister Ed, Green Acres, and Get Smart. Heck seems rare to catch them on TV Land now...

[/QUOTE]
Dick Van Dyke show, Munsters, Get Smart, Mary Tyler Moore SHow etc. Used to spend many nights watching that instead of the stuff which was on Network TV. Now all they have is stuff from the mid nineties like the aforementioned Roseanne and the Jeff Foxworthy show. Oh well. Seems like the world won't be happy till everything from my childhood is destroyed...

[quote name='Drahken']I don't remember one with Alien Panda bears but I think I remember one with Alien Koala's but I don't remember the name.[/quote]

Hey, yeah! I remember that too! I always like that one!

[quote name='Drahken']Edit found it, it was called Noozles but aka "Fushigi na koala Blinky"[/QUOTE]

:shock: That was Japanese? Now I really want to see it again! :bouncy:

I really want David The Gnome. Most of the Nick shows I want to see were not actually done or owned by Nickleodeon. Nick simply showed em. Maple Town, Belle and Sebastian, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, The Noozles, Maya The Bee, and The Adventures of The Little Koala. All 6 of those were of Japanese origin. The Adventures of the Little Prince is available on DVD as a boxset. I gave it to a friend as a Christmas present. I wouldn't mind seeing You Can't Do That On Television released.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oh well. Seems like the world won't be happy till everything from my childhood is destroyed...[/quote]

I have to agree with you on that.

I want to see You Cant Do That on Television on DVD but it will never happen in a billion years.

Damn I'm showing my age - every other show mentioned on this thread came out after YCDTOTV

[quote name='furyk']None of those shows have been released on DVD yet. The only Live Action shows from the era you're talking about that have seen release are Clarissa Explains It All and the Adventures of Pete and Pete. Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude are rumored to be future releases of the Nick Rewind Collection.[/QUOTE]

I am drooling already...

Are You Afraid of the Dark?: Season 1 released on dvd in Canada as covered on tvshowsondvd.com
You can order it from the Canadian Amazon.com for CDN$ 26.99

It includes 13 episodes, but no special features, and is region 1 encoded.
AreYouAfraidS1.jpg

They don't have the license to sell it in America, so if you are desperate for an official release, this is probably the best you are going to get for awhile.

bread's done
Back