Old Navy: Sat 11/28 Lego RB Free with $20 purch, Friday 11/27 guitar with RB2 purchas

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay.

Here goes:

Friday: Buy Rock Band 2 and get a free guitar. Wii: $39.50, Xbox 360 and PS3: $49.95, PSP: $29.99. Yes, you get a free guitar even with the PSP purchase (don't ask). This sounds like a crap deal, though and they only have maybe a handful of guitars, approximately 12 at the store I called and they ARE wireless.

Saturday: Buy $20 in clothing and get Lego: Rock Band free. Now THIS is a killer deal and I'm going to line up for it! I need clothes for my kids and get get them Lego RB?? Heck yes! Now I need another guitar. Do I just pick up RB2 for that price?

Store hours are no different than normal FYI.

Since it's been advertised on TV, I'm sure you should be more worried about all the soccer moms lining up instead of just the RFDers :D

Old Navy in Rideau (Ottawa) will be opening at 7 AM.

I get off work on Friday at 11 PM, the earliest.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

ALSO NOTE: Buying giftcards won't work! I was gonna buy a gift card for a friend of mine, but now I have to do the dicey proposition of guessing a woman's size D:

Medium. Medium is always safe.

[quote name='TripleQ']Read the fine print on oldnavyweekly.com (under "see rules for details"). It specifically mentions Canada (excluding Quebec) gets the Lego Rock Band deal on Saturday Nov 28.[/QUOTE]

Aww man, are you serious? This is so lame! :cry:

[quote name='djsaiyan']It's not Old Navy's fault. Quebec has some fucked up laws regarding deals and contests that basically result in you guys getting excluded from a lot of good stuff.

Blame the Bloc, not the retailer.[/QUOTE]

They give shit away for free all the time. Exclude us from the contest, I don't care, but the game should still be up for grabs.

[quote name='matsam']Aww man, are you serious? This is so lame! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can read it for yourself.. I really don't see why either, since it's not a contest (do you guys actually have any prizes there? must be some loopholes?)

Anyway, it's on RFD now with "scorching hot" in the title so it'll attract a lot of attention... is a game I'm never going to play worth lining up for?

[quote name='thegamecubist']Old Navy in Rideau (Ottawa) will be opening at 7 AM.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

ALSO NOTE: Buying giftcards won't work! I was gonna buy a gift card for a friend of mine, but now I have to do the dicey proposition of guessing a woman's size D:

Medium. Medium is always safe.[/QUOTE]
Cool beans, thanks for the time.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Old Navy in Rideau (Ottawa) will be opening at 7 AM.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Medium. Medium is always safe.[/QUOTE]

You fool! Unless she's a little bigger than average get her a SMALL. Sizes vary in size depending on brand (yeah I know, retarded):

Ex: American Apparel XL is an Old Navy S (hah! Just wanted to take a jab at AA)

PROTIP: Get her a small, and give her a gift receipt, so if it's too small she just exchanges it.

PROTIP: This could also backfire, so don't say anything! Just say: "Here got you something, here's a gift receipt in case you don't like the COLOUR." Don't mention sizes or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure that the game is just going to come in one of those cardboard slipcases without the code to download the songs to Rockband 2. Still worth the price imo.

lol, too bad i learned that i have to stay home on saturday to move a bed. Better wasting my time doing good old physical labour than playing rat race at bayshore.

I'll be trying to get this one, I like the sounds of the songs. But I'm wondering if this is going to be like AC/DC and it's going to be cheap in a year.

Yeah it's on RFD and predictably there's people planning to flip copies already. I wonder if EB etc. will pull a BatmanAA and give it a crappy TIV for a while :)

[quote name='kathos']You fool! Unless she's a little bigger than average get her a SMALL. Sizes vary in size depending on brand (yeah I know, retarded):

Ex: American Apparel XL is an Old Navy S (hah! Just wanted to take a jab at AA)

PROTIP: Get her a small, and give her a gift receipt, so if it's too small she just exchanges it.

PROTIP: This could also backfire, so don't say anything! Just say: "Here got you something, here's a gift receipt in case you don't like the COLOUR." Don't mention sizes or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha! Sweet, now I won't get castrated on Christmas morning D:

I wonder how crazy this is going to be... I don't want to be there too early, but I don't want to miss out on either day. This would be great for Christmas!! :D

The RB2 + Free Guitar deal ended up being far sweeter than expected. The bundle was actually $19.99! This sure beats getting the game only from FS/BB's current sale.

When I called to check stock they mentioned how surprised they were that so few people came in to pick one up. I also asked about Lego Rock band and was told they had about 30 copies (not sure if that was per system or altogether).

Oh, and for those that might be wondering, the Guitar included was the wireless one from RB1.

[quote name='Eoyote']The RB2 + Free Guitar deal ended up being far sweeter than expected. The bundle was actually $19.99! This sure beats getting the game only from FS/BB's current sale.

When I called to check stock they mentioned how surprised they were that so few people came in to pick one up. I also asked about Lego Rock band and was told they had about 30 copies (not sure if that was per system or altogether).

Oh, and for those that might be wondering, the Guitar included was the wireless one from RB1.[/QUOTE]

damn $20 i wish i would've known that :( it was posted here for $40-50 and it wasn't in this flyer http://i49.tinypic.com/x36a8o.jpg or commercial, so that's probably why no one showed up early. i would've preferred $20 rock band 2 + guitar over a free lego rock band, considering rock band 2 is a better game by far and my guitar is kinda mangled.

does this mean you can buy rock band 2 for $19.99 at the store like futureshop? would buying rock band 2 qualify for the free lego rock band at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh! I wish I'd known earlier that they were selling RB2 for $20. I have Rock Band 2 already but the way I see it it would be like buying a spare guitar for $20 and getting Rock Band 2 free (which you can then trade in at EB or something).

I had no idea this was going for $20 until I read a random post on RFD about a guy picking one up. Shame they didn't list the price in their flyer as the bundle is an awesome value whether you wanted the game or needed the guitar. Who knows, maybe they'll still have some tomorrow since they didn't sell them all today?

I got one for $20, amazing. I was thrilled. I was willing to pay $50 for the wireless and the game, so imagine my surprise when my wife texted me while I was in the states that it was $22 after tax.

zing.

I will check to see if they have some left at my store. I could easily use another wireless guitar for $20.

[quote name='firehawk12']Gone at 5am in Guelph. Never underestimate cheap people.[/QUOTE]

I went a 630 with my girlfriend, brother and dad. We all got bracelets, we then went to mcdonalds across the road, came back and saw sad people leave the line. Went in at 7, out at 7:15 4 lego rockbands later. Probably best not to show up for a 7 am opening with a free item, at 7 am.

Also, Never underestimate people who post the exact same thing on RFD & CAG

[quote name='firehawk12']Gone at 5am in Guelph. Never underestimate cheap people.[/QUOTE]

gone already in Guelph?

guess I won't bother going then :) Thanks! You saved me some time.

I thought the store opened at 9 am ...

Was able to get a wristband in line around 6:15 this morning. Called my cousins who live about 5 min away, and they were able to get their wristbands at 6:30 (still a good number left).

Nice thing was that once you got the wristband, you could go on your merry way since one guaranteed you would get the game.

Swung by the Old Navy at Conestoga Mall at around 8:45 (wayy too late, I know) and the line wasn't huge, maybe 50-60 people max, so I didn't bother waiting in line. Then I tried to go to the gym, but it doesn't open till 11am :(

I totally overestimated my area, went around 1:30-2AM (I was wide awake and nothing else to do) so I went with my Zune, BB and DSi and killed time. Was first in like for LRB, by around 6AM the line actually started forming, went out with some clothes for the gf and some gloves for me and bam.

My friend got there at 4AM and was second in line, lessons learned; suburbs rock.

Also they had some copies of RB2 left over, so picked one up for $20, couldn't less about the guitar.

Oh man, the earliest I can hit the mall is about an hour and a half after it opens. Hopefully all the snow will keep people away.

Went to the Kitchener one at 8 am thinking that they opened at 9
Disappointed that they were all gone by then.
How was I supposed to know they opened early :(
Ah well. Still bought some gifts.

I said screw this. I worked till 12 last night and don't hate myself enough to have gotten up at 3 or 4 to get this.

Nice to see some people get successful though!

I can confirm that Quebec was excluded from the Free Lego Rock Band deal.

They had nice promotions (almost 50% off on the clothes), but no video games :(

This is getting really frustrating, do I have to move out of the province to take advantage of stupid pormotions ?

[quote name='charleytony']I can confirm that Quebec was excluded from the Free Lego Rock Band deal.

They had nice promotions (almost 50% off on the clothes), but no video games :(

This is getting really frustrating, do I have to move out of the province to take advantage of stupid pormotions ?[/QUOTE]

If you live close to the border of Quebec and Ontario (or Quebec and the bordering Maritime provinces) just cross the border for the deals.

there was no way i could make it to the eaton centre for anytime before 8, so i missed out. i still want the game and am now looking around on kijiji and craigslist. knowing about this deal helps me to feel incredibly less guilty about lowballing people who posted today asking for $50 for the game.

Would have loved to get in on the deal, but queuing/camping in the morning is not my cup of tea. Like cm matty, I'll be keeping an eye on the buy and sells.

Had some major luck getting a copy.

I thought Chinook Centre would be opening up at 9:30, but after reading a post on RFD, found out they now open at 7 (holidays hours, I guess). Called to check stock, they mentioned they had "a few left" so I rushed down there at 8:30 and got the very last one. Extremely surprised they didn't sell out as soon as the store opened.

Thank god I don't live in Toronto - aka RFD-ville :lol:

Also, noticed the instructions were in all english so I guess that explains why Quebec was excluded (such an odd law).

Guildford Old Navy was pretty busy. Decided to just get up early, since I'm already running on a stupid sleep debt, and was one of the first 10 waiting at 7:30am or so.

Had a good time, helped another parent figure out what games to get for her son's new PS3, confirmed that PS3s are not backwards compatible and spent the time with a few other good friends.

All in all, the time went by quickly and I really enjoyed myself. I felt bad for the people that didn't get the game, but they had at least 20 wristbands per console, which was pretty good in my opinion.

Oh, and I also ended up droping $100 on frickin' clothes for my kids (and jeans for me... Seriously, $20!)

[quote name='Eoyote']Also, noticed the instructions were in all english so I guess that explains why Quebec was excluded (such an odd law).[/QUOTE]

THAT makes a ton of sense, actually. So it wasn't excluded due to some stupid contest law, but because it wasn't dual language.

A few games have done that, they refuse to print in both, and I understand the policy even though I don't agree with it.

My bro went to metrotown at around 830am and ended up getting a copy! He said there were 30 ppl in line and the store had 76 copies of the game (spread out among different consoles)

There are some things for which it doesn't matter, but for some deals, clearly distance from Toronto is a huge plus. I was really happy to get a copy today... it's a game I had toyed with the idea of getting, but I just couldn't justify it. And I can always use new pants.

And yeah, the Quebec thing does make sense because it seems quite obvious they did some sort of huge buy/deal to get the games, and then just distributed them everywhere. Buying Canadian copies probably wasn't high on their priority list.

After going wild in regards to spending yesterday, I decided to pass on this sale. Did anyone from Ottawa have any luck? I know there's an Old Navy at Bayshore.

Went far too late to mine but ended up getting something for myself and a few stocking stuffers so it's not all bad.

[quote name='kathos']If you live close to the border of Quebec and Ontario (or Quebec and the bordering Maritime provinces) just cross the border for the deals.[/QUOTE]

That's a little too hardcore for my taste. I didn't camp out in front of the store either. I needed some jeans for work and because I thought the games would run out soon, I went there at 9h00 instead of getting around noon.

Its not like I needed that game ... LOL

[quote name='lustyhitter']After going wild in regards to spending yesterday, I decided to pass on this sale. Did anyone from Ottawa have any luck? I know there's an Old Navy at Bayshore.[/QUOTE]

lol no. I woke up at 2 to learn that the bed i was supposed 2 move into my house today wasnt coming so i stayed at home for no friggin reason :(

(& now i have to skip doing anything tomorrow as well cause the bed is supposed to come tomorrow. what bullshit)

bread's done
Back