Old Navy: Sat 11/28 Lego RB Free with $20 purch, Friday 11/27 guitar with RB2 purchas

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay.

Here goes:

Friday: Buy Rock Band 2 and get a free guitar. Wii: $39.50, Xbox 360 and PS3: $49.95, PSP: $29.99. Yes, you get a free guitar even with the PSP purchase (don't ask). This sounds like a crap deal, though and they only have maybe a handful of guitars, approximately 12 at the store I called and they ARE wireless.

Saturday: Buy $20 in clothing and get Lego: Rock Band free. Now THIS is a killer deal and I'm going to line up for it! I need clothes for my kids and get get them Lego RB?? Heck yes! Now I need another guitar. Do I just pick up RB2 for that price?

Store hours are no different than normal FYI.

[quote name='thegamecubist']I said screw this. I worked till 12 last night and don't hate myself enough to have gotten up at 3 or 4 to get this.

Nice to see some people get successful though![/QUOTE]
Rideau still had copies for all consoles by 9 am, according to a post on RFD. I showed up 5 minutes before opening and there was maybe 10 people in line, and they had a metric ton of bracelets.

[quote name='winnopeg']rideau still had copies for all consoles by 9 am, according to a post on rfd. I showed up 5 minutes before opening and there was maybe 10 people in line, and they had a metric ton of bracelets.[/quote]

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Anybody trading in their game for credit, and feel for me cause im in quebec??? trade in your game and send me the code to transfer songs. Its gonna go to waste anyways. On rfd some people were braging about how they got a 30$ trade in value. seems kinda lame to wait in line to make 30$(in credit), AND spend 20$ worth of suck-y clothes. worth it if you didnt want to pay 70$ for the game.
so anyone?

[quote name='Winnopeg']Rideau still had copies for all consoles by 9 am, according to a post on RFD. I showed up 5 minutes before opening and there was maybe 10 people in line, and they had a metric ton of bracelets.[/QUOTE]

OMG, should remember this for next time: Rideau Centre does not get camped to death by RFD

[quote name='telepathy']OMG, should remember this for next time: Rideau Centre does not get camped to death by RFD[/QUOTE]

Too many expensive stores in that mall, I'm practically scared half to death when ever I browse there D:

[quote name='game_fanatic']Swung by the Old Navy at Conestoga Mall at around 8:45 (wayy too late, I know) and the line wasn't huge, maybe 50-60 people max, so I didn't bother waiting in line.[/QUOTE]

Should have waited... I dropped my gf off there at 9:15am and she got one.

[quote name='telepathy']I'm actually wondering how many people actually got the game for the purpose of playing instead of flipping/exporting/scalping/etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed an awful lot of people more concerned with the TiV or the export code than the actual game itself.

I picked up my copy to play and am actually really enjoying it. Although it's essentially just another RB game, the Lego theme and overall presentation really add a lot of fun to the gameplay. Song list is pretty good too.

Ghostbusters!:whee:

lol, i actually was genuinely interested in the game as well, but I also had the same problem w/looking at the tiv/code problem as a lot of other people when i heard about this deal. I figured I would play it somewhat (in my new clothes of course), & see if i liked it & worse case export & trade in. But alas, I guess I'll just have to wait for a price drop then play it later.

[quote name='acyt']Should have waited... I dropped my gf off there at 9:15am and she got one.[/QUOTE]

How does that help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='acyt']Should have waited... I dropped my gf off there at 9:15am and she got one.
[quote name='game_fanatic']How does that help me?[/QUOTE]
[/quote]

He's left his gf AND his RB unattended....

[quote name='telepathy']I'm actually wondering how many people actually got the game for the purpose of playing instead of flipping/exporting/scalping/etc.[/QUOTE]
I got it to play it now i just need drums and a guitar.
Hopefully gonna buy rockband 2 special edition for 100$

I was at rogers today and the guy had just put out lego rock band for the PS3 for $29.99. The export codes still worked too.

Sure beats getting up early and waiting in line at Old Navy :)

I didn't mind waiting in line, and I was already up anyway. I just sat in line and played some games on my iPod. It was actually good to be in the store early. Metrotown opened at 9am instead of 9:30 because the guy was nice and let us all in after giving out the wristbands. There was just the 30 or so of us in the store, it was nice and not crowded, and the checkout wasn't busy either. Got myself a new pair of jeans for $20 (my main reason for going, actually) and a free game. Can't really beat that.

If it follows the trend of Rock Band 2 (game only) then it should be $19.99 in a little less than a year.

bread's done
Back