Old nickelodeon shows beginning to air July 25th, yes I know, its not a deal

Wheres All That the original cast?
I loved Lori beth denver with vital information for you everyday life

Too late for me, wish they would Netflix it all
Also wheres Alex Mack

[quote name='georox']Why isn't Clarissa Explains it All on DVD yet? I'd buy that series... Doug just.. meh. Kenan and Kel and Clarissa are the only shows that held up at all for me. All That... meh. Doug just... eh, saw it too much as a kid, I STILL remember all of the episodes, it feels like "oh, repeat, again."[/QUOTE]

Clarissa is on DVD, just check amazon.

[quote name='SaraAB']Doug just didn't hold up for me, I do still enjoy clarissa though, that show was pure genius. Pete & Pete is awesome too.

I think angry beavers and hey dude just came out on DVD recently.[/QUOTE]
Doug mostly held up for me because I feel like it has retained its simple charm. It's not particularly interesting, but it wasn't back then either. It was just a sweet little cartoony Wonder Years kind of "adventure". It's a lot more wholesome than I remember, though.

Thanks for the heads-up on Hey Dude; I didn't realize they were finally bringing that to DVD.

[quote name='georox']Why isn't Clarissa Explains it All on DVD yet?[/QUOTE]
The first season is. The rest of the releases got canceled for some reason.

[quote name='adriley313']Wheres All That the original cast?
I loved Lori beth denver with vital information for you everyday life

Too late for me, wish they would Netflix it all
Also wheres Alex Mack[/QUOTE]
It's Lori Beth Denberg, by the way. When I was watching, it was the original cast of All That. If it isn't now, then they must've skipped ahead recently.

Also, they plan on eventually showing Alex Mack. No idea when, though, and it probably won't be the whole series. But hopefully if they generate enough interest, they'll release seasons 2-4 on DVD.

Clarissa and Pete & Pete were both released on DVD around the same time several years ago, it was Nickelodeons first attempt to delve into their back catalog for vault releases. Clarissa didn't sell at all, so a second season DVD never even made it to the planning stages. Pete & Pete season 1 sold well enough that they did release a Season 2, but then Season 2 sold about as well as the Clarissa set, so season 3 got the axe, and Nick cancelled any future plans for nostalgia release.

The stuff that is being released now is on license from Nick and being put out by Shout Factory, who has a much better track record with niche release like these, so hopefully they will give it a little more effort than Nick did they they tried it. Rocko's Modern Life Season 1 sold out pretty quick at Wal-Mart I noticed, and Season 2 is already in development. None of the other releases looked like they were selling all that great however. I just hope they finish up the Rocko series, I could care less if they release any more Catdog or Real Monsters nonsense.

bread's done
Back