Old Question..... New Answer? GC v. PS2 2006

levanjm

CAGiversary!
Hi all,

I currently have an XBOX and I am thinking about getting my 7 year old son a GC or PS2 for Christmas. I was wondering which to get? Does anyone have any insights as to which system might be better for him? The GC is enticing for the Mario series. PS2 has Kingdom Hearts and other RPG's. He is into superheroes, so Teen Titans is something his wishes had come out on XBOX.

I was just wondering if anyone had any insights as to which might be better if we already have an XBOX.

Thanks.

Just about any multiplatform game is going to be better on cube with a little bit better visuals on shorter load times (though, the Xbox versions would likely look the best, so that's a bit moot).

I tend to think that the console exclusives for the GC are just more fun, but that's just one man's opinion. Some of the better PS2 exclusives (Shadow of the Collossus, Metal Gear, Gran Tourismo) are defintely geared for more mature games (in terms of gameplay if not content), while anyone can pick up Mario Strikers or Donkey Konga nad have a good time messing around.

My son is 9 and still plays his GC like crazy. Mario Sunshine, Double Dash and Mario Party still get plenty of love even after a few years. And of course the Pokemon games.

Pokemon = crack for kids.
If my son doesn't have his nose in his GBA, he's playing on his TV w/the gameboy player.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, get a Wii and both of you can enjoy it.[/QUOTE]
True enough, and you'll have the whole of the Gamecube Library at your disposal (and can teach your kid(s) about the history of games from 8bit to modern through the virtual console ;) )

Gamecube but the extra $100 (or so) for the Wii will probably be worth it. It's incredibly important for someone his age to get a lot of exercise (not saying he doesn't) and apparently if you believe developers of some games (like DBZ) the Wii will be quite the workout.

bread's done
Back