Old school advice.. How to get rid of a smell?

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Picked up a Genesis game off ebay last week, and it showed up today. It's one of those games that has the cardboard casing instead of the hard, plastic shell (Aah! Real Monsters, Toy Story, first pressings of Earthworm Jim, etc). So here's my question:

The package showed up, and the paper/cartridge/manual/everything involved smells like the guy smoked 14 packs a day, unfiltered. I have nothing against smokers, I just don't care for the smell -- any advice on how to get rid of it? I know it's probably there for the long haul, but I'm sure the lot of you have experience with this sort of thing.

Cheers.

Get dryer sheets and stuff them into the box. Put a few between pages of the manual. It might take a while, but it should help clear it up. It's better if you use ones that just came out of the dryer versus ones straight from the box.

This works in several others places too. Tool boxes, shoe boxes, etc. They work wonders in tiny spaces, keeping things smelling fresh and absorbing odors. And since you probably already have some, it's basically a free solution.

I second Strell's solution. I absolutely hate that raunchy smokey game smell. I can't bare putting something like that into my system.

bread's done
Back