Old Systems on My HD Monitor

Flak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Search function is giving me nothing on this. I picked up a 27" 1080p monitor a while back and the only connection it has are VGA and HDMI. Is there any way I can hook up a PS1, PS2, GameCube etc. to it?

They make VGA converter boxes, but I think good ones are very expensive...it might even be a better value to just get a backwards compatible PS3 and a Wii for PS1, PS2, and Gamecube games.

The Wii VGA cable only displays games that support 480p, which excludes the vast majority of Gamecube games. A BC PS3 is expensive if you dont already have one.

Just get a SDTV for $50 off craigslist or something and put it in a different room.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The Wii VGA cable only displays games that support 480p, which includes the vast majority of Gamecube games. A BC PS3 is expensive if you dont already have one.

Just get a SDTV for $50 off craigslist or something and put it in a different room.[/QUOTE]

Fix'd.;)

Funny thing is, more GC games play in 480p than Wii games.

Here is what I use to play my Dreamcast on my HDTV. It's pricey, but man, the picture is unsurpassed. It makes it look like the Dreamcast was MADE for HD.

SVGA/Component to 1080i via VGA/Component
http://aitech.stores.yahoo.net/hdview.html

Ok, the problem was as simple as unplugging the HDMI cable from my Xbox 360. Now I just need to play with hue, saturation and all that bullshit.

bread's done
Back