Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you can (and I've probably done it before), but can you use a coupon on the used game you purchase when getting the 50% TI bonus?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is there any cosmetic damage and does it play games properly[/QUOTE]

Just a couple of scratches in the back panel. Plays games but seems like the bluray is dying out since it takes longer for it to load dual layer bluray games.

[quote name='klimb22']I'm sure you can (and I've probably done it before), but can you use a coupon on the used game you purchase when getting the 50% TI bonus?[/QUOTE]

I tried to use a buy 2 get 1 free on preowned games on the same transaction and it didn't work so, I don't think so.

Base TIV as of 4/21:

:ps3:Final Fantasy XIII-2 - $17

:360:Halo Reach - $15

After bonuses it came out to $51.20 and I had about $4.50 leftover from previous trade-ins so I picked up Devil May Cry 4, Dark Souls, and the God of War collection for $1.34 out of pocket, pretty good! :D

[quote name='LemonJelllo']I tried to use a buy 2 get 1 free on preowned games on the same transaction and it didn't work so, I don't think so.[/QUOTE]
B2G1 was probably an exception. I just used a $5 off pre-owned coupon with no problem.

4/21 Base TIVs

:ps3: Uncharted 1 $6
:ps3: Uncharted 2 $7.50
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $11
:wii: New SMB $20
:wii: Mario Power Tennis $5
:ds: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story $7
:ds: Mario vs Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games $5
:ds: KH: Re:Coded $7

I bought a 99 cent PS2 game to get the 50% trade-in bonus.

[quote name='kk012']I bought a 99 cent PS2 game to get the 50% trade-in bonus.[/QUOTE]

I should've thought of that, fuck I bought a minty flippable game instead, lol.

Base TIVs for today:

:ds: Sonic Rush - $2.25
:ds: Guitar Hero on Tour with Fret - $0.75
:360: Split Second - $6
:360: LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - $7

Got Mass Effect 1 from a flea market sale for $4 and look what happened:

4/21/2012 Base TIV:
:360: Mass Effect- $12

Glad I called the store to check out the price. Came out out to $19.20 after the 50% + 10%.

[quote name='LemonJelllo']...I bought a used game from GS and I removed the stickers with the price on them, can I still return it? I have the receipt.[/QUOTE]
As long as you have the receipt, it is within 7 days, and you didn't damage it I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I should've thought of that, fuck I bought a minty flippable game instead, lol.
[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, but I did have "aggressive Inline" for gamecube in my hands, as it would only be a .89 game until I saw Alan Wake sitting there.

So, I've got a big list. Just traded 19 of my 360 games, as well as a few I got at garage sales, and picked up a PS3.

:ds: DSLite - $30
:ds: Mario Kart - $14
:ds: Call of Duty:Black Ops - $7
:ds: Scribblenauts - $3
:ds: Lego Indiana Jones Original Adventures - $2
:3ds: Super Street Fighter 4 - $8
:ps2: PS2 Slim - $20 (didn't trade this in actually, just asked)
:ps2: Twisted Metal Black - $1
:ps2: Call of Duty:Finest Hour - $.50
:360: X-Men Origins Wolverine - $2.50
:360: SPider-Man : Web of Shadows - $10
:360: Spider-Man : Shattered Dimensions - $12
:360: Skate - $1.20
:360: Sneak King - $.20
:360: Unreal Tournament 3 - $.80
:360: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - $2.20
:360: Star Wars : Force Unleashed 2 - $8
:360: Mirror's Edge - $3
:360: Lego Pirates - $8
:360: Lego Batman - $2.50
:360: King Kong - $1.20
:360: Forza 3 - $4.50
:360: Bulletstorm - $1.20
:360: Call of Duty 4 - $4
:360: Call of Duty MW2 - $6
:360: Crysis 2 - $6
:360: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $11
:360: Battlefield : Bad Company - $.80
:360: Blood Stone 007 - $5
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - $12

Total after bonus was $244.30. And then I also traded...

:ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $18

Which after bonus was $28.80.

[quote name='LemonJelllo']Quick question, if I bought a used game from GS and I removed the stickers with the price on them, can I still return it? I do have the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Yes

Base Values from today, all for 360
Final Fantasy 13 - $6
Final Fantasy 13-2 - $17
Crackdown 2 - $4
NBA 2K12 - $15
Soul Calibur V - $21
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 - $8
L.A. Noire - $7
After Bonuses Got $124.80. I picked up a minty black label copy of Shadow of the Colossus as my used game, and pre ordered Persona 4 Arena just because I really like the employ who did the transactoin, also gave him a great review. Still have $104.51 left on the card.

SG9ub2x1bHUtMjAxMjA0MjEtMDA2NTcuanBn.jpg

This is after +50% and Power Up Rewards. :) It's nice to see the final total. I bought Skyrim, XIII-2, and Skyward sword during B2G1 day... and kept all their cases/manuals and Zelda's soundtrack.

[quote name='SEGAMew']and kept all their cases/manuals and Zelda's soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, the soundtrack part is fine but ugh

What can I say, I like to keep the cases and manuals just in case I ended up buying caseless games in the future (which is likely to happen more than naught).

[quote name='SEGAMew']What can I say, I like to keep the cases and manuals just in case I ended up buying caseless games in the future (which is likely to happen more than naught).[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is especially likely to happen when stupid case hoarders trade games without cases ;)

I think they all should charge a refurb fee for disc only trades becuase they then have the hassle and expense of providing a generic case and they are harder to sell. I almost never buy a game if it does not have the original case and may avoid it even if the manual is missing.

Funny thing today at Gamestop, one of the pre-own game I got was Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 (game only, for Friend) and I actually have the box and manual for that one somewhere :D

And a not so funny thing, I nabbed Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (Gamecube Game) that has box and manual and ad for subscribing to Nintendo Power... but an employee stole the game :( so I got the case and stuff for free.

[quote name='SEGAMew']

This is after +50% and Power Up Rewards. :) It's nice to see the final total. I bought Skyrim, XIII-2, and Skyward sword during B2G1 day... and kept all their cases/manuals and Zelda's soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for helping out the preowned market .... NOT!

Oh pishposh, the guy transacting next to me unloaded like 15 disc-only PS3/360 games. If it makes the situation better, I didn't have cases for the DS games as I got them all from a co-worker.

[quote name='SEGAMew']Oh pishposh, the guy transacting next to me unloaded like 15 disc-only PS3/360 games. If it makes the situation better, I didn't have cases for the DS games as I got them all from a co-worker.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about the DS cases. They'll most likely throw them out anyway.

It saddens me more that I know a lot of the PS2 cases get tossed. Reaaaaally nice considering the rarity of some of these PS2 games @_@

[quote name='SEGAMew']

This is after +50% and Power Up Rewards. :) It's nice to see the final total. I bought Skyrim, XIII-2, and Skyward sword during B2G1 day... and kept all their cases/manuals and Zelda's soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

seriously....why would u do that? cuz u might be a caseless game? if ur the type of person to keep just the case and the manual, i know ur the type to go and try to find a game with the case and manual....there is no benefit to you keeping the manual and case, go back to gamestop and put that in as well...i feel like there will be repercussions if enough games are traded in without the case and manual, gamestop may institute fees because no one really wants to buy a game without at least the case.

Aside from keeping them as a "just in case I end up with a caseless lot of games bundle on eBay/Craigslist" kind of reason, another reason I keep them is the fact that Gamestop doesn't pay me any more even if I did provide the case, manuals, registration cards, etc. Just like they don't charge me any less if I grab an originalcaselessmanualless game from them.

If there is a serious increase of certain titles being turned in game only, wouldn't Gamestop simply throw them in their warehouse for online distribution anyway? They do warn users of the online store that original case and manual may not be included.

In any case, I don't foresee Gamestop implementing refurbishing fees anytime soon, especially with an increase of trade in competitors on the rise. The only game store that I knew of that does the game refurb fee kinda... went out of business.

[quote name='SEGAMew']Aside from keeping them as a "just in case I end up with a caseless lot of games bundle on eBay/Craigslist" kind of reason, another reason I keep them is the fact that Gamestop doesn't pay me any more even if I did provide the case, manuals, registration cards, etc. Just like they don't charge me any less if I grab an originalcaselessmanualless game from them.

If there is a serious increase of certain titles being turned in game only, wouldn't Gamestop simply throw them in their warehouse for online distribution anyway? They do warn users of the online store that original case and manual may not be included.

In any case, I don't foresee Gamestop implementing refurbishing fees anytime soon, especially with an increase of trade in competitors on the rise. The only game store that I knew of that does the game refurb fee kinda... went out of business.[/QUOTE]

C'mon man, you're just screwing another gamer out of the case and manual and cover art. What are you going to do with those cases and manuals anyways? You don't need them anymore when you don't have the game.

You're speaking like I would never own those games in some form ever again. The last time I traded games to Gamestop was 3 years ago (Boxless Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 + Completely boxed PS2 games). Today, I bought Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 game only, which works perfect with my case and manual that I still kept 3 years ago.

I do most of my game selling to friends anyway, and they definitely get their cases and manuals when available. Only reason I decided to trade in games to Gamestop today was because with the bonus, they offered more trade in value than the Navy affiliated store down the street on 8 of my 14 games for possible trade ins.

I usually trade my games in mint and complete just because that's what I want to receive in return but I really don't blame him at all for trading in disc only. It's irritating yes but it's just a lousy Gamestop policy imo. They shouldn't allow it. Since they do, this is what they (and then the customers) get for it. Apparently not enough buyers care for it to be a huge issue.

I really don't understand what the hell people do with their games anyway to lose parts and destroy them so much.

To be hypocritical, I've done it a couple times myself just because I wanted a couple "just in case" blu ray cases.

:rofl: People getting on SEGAMew for trading in games disc/cart only when a good chunk of Gamestops' inventory IS disc/cart only is just hilarious to me.

Gamestops' primary customer base is soccer moms and jackoffs that don't give a shit about if a game comes complete/mint as long as it works. CAG's are maybe 5%(probably less) of their business.

It's just hilarious though.

Only problem I could see happening is at some point in the future SegaMews' GS stores go refurb fee happy like a few around here did. All it takes is a change in managers/district managers.:whistle2:#

[quote name='SEGAMew']

what a dick move no wonder when I go to buy older games they most likely dont have cases just that generic plastic I didnt even think people would do this.

[quote name='SEGAMew']Now why are we acting like this kind of behavior doesn't exist since the Age of Funcoland?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean it isn't a dick move.

[quote name='Ramandur']Doesn't mean it isn't a dick move.[/QUOTE]

To counteract his negative karma, you should collect cases from dumpsters and all of your friends and turn them in to GS after printing inserts for all the games they might possibly get in.

Unless you live in his town and bought one of them games he traded in, STFU. All this feigned indignancy in this world pisses me off. Like "I know I live 4000 miles away, but I just can't believe that you would screw me out of a case if I came that far and bought one of the games you traded!!! The horror!!! You're a D-I-C-K, dick, dick dick."

If you're really that outraged, you should start a corporation like GameStop that only accepts perfect games with all cases and manuals.

[quote name='paayter']seriously....why would u do that? cuz u might be a caseless game? if ur the type of person to keep just the case and the manual, i know ur the type to go and try to find a game with the case and manual....there is no benefit to you keeping the manual and case, go back to gamestop and put that in as well...i feel like there will be repercussions if enough games are traded in without the case and manual, gamestop may institute fees because no one really wants to buy a game without at least the case.[/QUOTE]
Well, I don't know about him or anyone else, but I sell the cases and manuals on eBay, so there is definitely a benefit to keeping them. If you don't want to buy a game without a case/manual, go find a copy that has one (or buy it new since that's usually cheaper than GameStop's used prices anyway). We live in a world of options, mon frer.

For the record, I keep the cases an manuals too. I buy so many games at garage sales, it is nice to be able to make a complete copy.

DS games you should always keep the case/manual since every gamestop in my area trashes them anyway.

I have NSMB 64 on ds and SM64 DS...I may have to trade them in...Actually I think I have mario kart too. IDK where it is though.

I've got enough points to get the $50 off any gamestop purchase... Is it possible to apply this on top of the $50 off that is already? When I go to gamestop's website it's saying that the PS3 has a full price drop and is $199.99. It doesn't say it as an offer.

so in theory.

$199.99 - $50 any gamestop purchase = $149.99 plus whatever else I find to toss in lol

[quote name='walterdude']I've got enough points to get the $50 off any gamestop purchase... Is it possible to apply this on top of the $50 off that is already? When I go to gamestop's website it's saying that the PS3 has a full price drop and is $199.99. It doesn't say it as an offer.

so in theory.

$199.99 - $50 any gamestop purchase = $149.99 plus whatever else I find to toss in lol[/QUOTE]
You could start flipping games. Mine came up to $136.

4/22
Xbox 360
CoD: Modern Warfare 3 $23
NBA 2K11 $10

PS3
Resistance 3 $13

Had BF3 and got quoted for $24 but decided to keep it so iirc the base should be $15 - $16

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Just a couple of scratches in the back panel. Plays games but seems like the bluray is dying out since it takes longer for it to load dual layer bluray games.[/QUOTE]
Try doing the Restore File System option from the PS3's safe mode menu before you trade that system in.

It's like a defrag for your system. It helps eliminate freezing and slow loading issues, especially if you do a lot of downloading/deleting of stuff from your system on a regular basis.

Here's a page to tell you how to get into the safe mode menu:
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/10/14/keep-your-ps3-safe-with-this-guide/
[quote name='crazedracerguy']To counteract his negative karma, you should collect cases from dumpsters and all of your friends and turn them in to GS after printing inserts for all the games they might possibly get in.

Unless you live in his town and bought one of them games he traded in, STFU. All this feigned indignancy in this world pisses me off. Like "I know I live 4000 miles away, but I just can't believe that you would screw me out of a case if I came that far and bought one of the games you traded!!! The horror!!! You're a D-I-C-K, dick, dick dick."

If you're really that outraged, you should start a corporation like GameStop that only accepts perfect games with all cases and manuals.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:
[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, I don't know about him or anyone else, but I sell the cases and manuals on eBay, so there is definitely a benefit to keeping them. If you don't want to buy a game without a case/manual, go find a copy that has one (or buy it new since that's usually cheaper than GameStop's used prices anyway). We live in a world of options, mon frer.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. This is why I bought out hundreds of game cases from Hollywood Video when they were going outta business cuz I knew that people who buy from GS and other sources might be looking for replacements at some point or other.:D Of course, that hasn't panned out too well on here, since everybody on here wants em for nothing.:roll: But the average Joe Shmoe on the street is likely good for at least $2-3 each and sometimes more.;)

[quote name='KtMack23']Anyone want to sell me the case and manuels for MvC2 for the PS2?[/QUOTE]
I don't have them myself, but you may wanna check the master trade list forum, since there's a buy/sell/trade thread just for cases/artworks/manuals in there.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176892
[quote name='slowdive21']HDMI cable $4[/QUOTE]
The gravy train continues. You could turn $50 worth of cables into $220 in credit just by trading in 1-2 at a clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back