Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Assassin's Creed Revelations - 12
Dragon Age 2 - 4.50
Deadliest Warrior 9

Glad to be rid of two shit games I got on a whim and one that I ran through before Lollipop Chainsaw his week. Got $38 for $25, not too shabby in my book.

I know people probably hate questions like this, but does Gamestop still do B2G1 free promos? I've been checking for a while and I hope one happens this summer...

[quote name='DerClaw']Have you ever tried this? I've never tried, but I'd imagine there'd be a lot of stuff like MW2 for like 50 bucks since "I paid 60 for it, so that's 10 bucks off!" at a lot of garage sales.[/QUOTE]

Tried it? I've been doing it for 2 and a half years, and its best summarized as I spent 1500 at gamestop last year. 1400 of it was paid in credit.

You do get them from time to time, but you just walk away and keep looking. There are always people who think their games aren't worth anything. And people willing to deal. Best tip, if you don't see anything, ask them if they have any. A lot of times they do.

[quote name='sotc1988']I know people probably hate questions like this, but does Gamestop still do B2G1 free promos? I've been checking for a while and I hope one happens this summer...[/QUOTE]

They did one last April or May I believe. There should be another one coming up in July or August.

I need 1 more game for another 7 for $35 trade. I might have to look for a GS to GS flip for my 7th so the 6 I have don't go to waste. There has to be something you can come close to breaking even with with PUR and the extra $5.

[quote name='mrclutch']I need 1 more game for another 7 for $35 trade. I might have to look for a GS to GS flip for my 7th so the 6 I have don't go to waste. There has to be something you can come close to breaking even with with PUR and the extra $5.[/QUOTE]

Kingdom Hearts 2 and GTA: San Andreas for PS2 can be solid fillers if you need help getting to 7 games as they sell for $20 but can be had for as little as $12 each with pro membership since PS2, GC, and PSP games are B2G1 at the moment. Both of these games trade for $6 base or $11.60 with the bonus.

Base TIV as of 6/5

iconxbox360.gif
Xbox 360
iconxbox360.gif

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $2
NBA Live 10 $2.50
Need for Speed: Carbon $4.50

iconwii.gif
Wii
iconwii.gif

NHL Slapshot $2.50 (New to List)

iconps3.gif
PS3
iconps3.gif

Battlefield Bad Company 2 $3

iconps2_r2.gif
PS2
iconps2_r2.gif

Silent Hill 2 $2.50
Silent Hill 3 $3.50

[quote name='sotc1988']I know people probably hate questions like this, but does Gamestop still do B2G1 free promos? I've been checking for a while and I hope one happens this summer...[/QUOTE]

Somone mentioned (in this thread, probably), that a Gamestop employee said that Gamestop often does B2G1 at the end of a quarter to improve sales numbers to show to stockholders. I have no idea if this is true, but it would explain why they are having trade-in promos that end on June 24 - to bring in inventory for a B2G1 to end the quarter. If this is not just idle speculation, then a B2G1 should start on June 28 or 29 (probably a day earlier for PUR Pro).

This is just a wildass guess, so who knows for sure.

From what I remember they usually have a B2G1 every year just before Father's Day. It makes good sense that Father's would be a prime audience for them, and given that the holiday falls on Sunday and the deal ends that day it's good timing. I'm hoping Thursday they'll launch it for PUR.

Don't know what has already been posted, but here are base vales as of today 6/12.

All Xbox 360
Left 4 Dead $11
Left 4 Dead 2 $15
Black Ops $15
L.A. Noire $7
Force Unleashed II $8
Mafia II $5.50
Grand Theft Auto 4 $8

TiVs 6/12

X360
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 - $4.00
Cars Race O Rama - $5.00
Fantastic Pets - $6.00
LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - $5.50
Looney Tunes ACME Arsenal - $3.50
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - $3.50
Mini Ninjas - $5.50
NASCAR 09 - $3.50

Todays TIV as of 6/12/12

Xbox 360

Tales of Vesperia = $15
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition = $18
Devil May Cry HD Collection = $14

PS3

Bleach: Soul Resurrecion = $14

6/12/12:

X360
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - $8
Dragon Age 2 - $4.50
Halo Wars - $7
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat - $9
Gears of War Triple Pack - $4

PS3
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - $7
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat - $9
Grand Theft Auto IV (base game) - $8
Borderlands (non-GOTY) - $4.50

Vita
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $9

6/12 TiV
ALL :ps3:

*Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $1.00
*DBZ: Ultimate tenkchi - $13.00
*Batman:AA GOTY - $6.00
*Saints Row 2 - $7.00
*Happy Feet 2 - $4 (NEW on the list)
*Modnation Racers -$6
*Silent Hill: Downpour - $21
*Assassin's Creed: Revelation - $12
*Silent Hill: Homecoming - $5.50
*Infamous 2 - $10
*Soul Calibur V - $12
*Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $10
*Rango - $4.50 (NEW on the list)
*Monster Jam: Path of Destruction - $6 (NEW on the list)

TiVs 6/13

PS3
Dynasty Warriors 6 - $4.50
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 - $4.50
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $3.50
Ice Age: Dawn of Dinosaurs - $3.50
Medal of Honor Airborne - $4.50
NASCAR 09 - $4.00
World Series of Poker 2008: Battle for the Bracelets - $3.50

Wii
CSI: Deadly Intent - $3.50
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom - $4.50
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody - $4.50
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil - $4.50
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0 - $4.50
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $4.50
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga - $3.50
Wicked Monster Blast! - $3.00

DS
Sally's Salon - $3.50
Sonic Colors - $4.50
TMNT: Arcade Attack - $4.50

today

:360::360::360:
dragon age 2 $4.50
fear 3 $6
operation flashpoint $6

:wii::wii::wii:
Warioland shake it $3
just dance $9
wii sports $7

:ps3::ps3::ps3:
resistance 3 $7

Does anyone know how to get back the money you put down on a reserve? Dude at the store told me that I qualified for a free game reserve, as in they were giving me money for doing something and I get to put money on a game. I was doubtful that this reserve was actually free but still ended up falling for it, don't know why.

So they're now resorting to tricks in order to get games pre-ordered. The manager was there and didn't say anything, so I'm guessing that this wasn't the first this has happened and that they're aware of it. Now I don't feel as guilty of having switched damages games with working copies for free.

Actually, the employee might have messed it up, or been mistaken, but free pre-orders is something they're thinking about. I did a GameStop survey and that's one of the new possible features they mentioned for Power Up Pro members.

[quote name='yruluis']Does anyone know how to get back the money you put down on a reserve? Dude at the store told me that I qualified for a free game reserve, as in they were giving me money for doing something and I get to put money on a game. I was doubtful that this reserve was actually free but still ended up falling for it, don't know why.

So they're now resorting to tricks in order to get games pre-ordered. The manager was there and didn't say anything, so I'm guessing that this wasn't the first this has happened and that they're aware of it. Now I don't feel as guilty of having switched damages games with working copies for free.[/QUOTE]

Not really a trick...your game trade was over $50, which means with a PUR card you get an extra 10%...$5 that you didn't have before, hence it's "free" money that you can put down towards a game. If you don't want that game, go in there and get the $5 back.

Question

Ok I pre-ordered Pokemon Conquest from gamestop can I use a $10 off any game coupon on that purchase when I pick up the game on Tuesday? Employee I asked said, "that's debatable" meaning he had no clue. Also why is Gamestop the only place that has that game at $34.99? Almost every other retailer has it down to $29.99.

I just noticed that GS new weekly ad has a 3/5/7, 10%/20%/30% trade-in promo on the bottom of the first page. How is this going to work since the current 3/5/7, $10/$20/$35 promotion is still going on?

[quote name='boredasfook']Question

Ok I pre-ordered Pokemon Conquest from gamestop can I use a $10 off any game coupon on that purchase when I pick up the game on Tuesday? Employee I asked said, "that's debatable" meaning he had no clue. Also why is Gamestop the only place that has that game at $34.99? Almost every other retailer has it down to $29.99.[/QUOTE]Assuming you haven't paid off the entire game yet, I think you can present the coupon when you're asked to pay the remaining balance and the $10 should be deducted without any issues. I'm not sure how it would work if you paid off the full $34.99, though.

As for why it's $5 more expensive, there's an exclusive preorder bonus, isn't there? This is Gamestop, isn't it? There ya go. ;)

[quote name='Vigilante']Assuming you haven't paid off the entire game yet, I think you can present the coupon when you're asked to pay the remaining balance and the $10 should be deducted without any issues. I'm not sure how it would work if you paid off the full $34.99, though.

As for why it's $5 more expensive, there's an exclusive preorder bonus, isn't there? This is Gamestop, isn't it? There ya go. ;)[/QUOTE]

Only put down $5 on it and yeah will see how that works out on Tuesday. Kind of dumb I'm paying an extra $5 for 5 bonus pokemon lol.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Not really a trick...your game trade was over $50, which means with a PUR card you get an extra 10%...$5 that you didn't have before, hence it's "free" money that you can put down towards a game. If you don't want that game, go in there and get the $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, I can't. I can only cancel and transfer to a new game.

[quote name='yruluis']Apparently, I can't. I can only cancel and transfer to a new game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you cancel it, you get your 5 bucks back.

[quote name='yruluis']Apparently, I can't. I can only cancel and transfer to a new game.[/QUOTE]Says who--the employee? He's only saying that because cancelling a preorder is bad for a GS employee's numbers. While it's a little mean-spirited (IMO) to cancel a preorder while aware of this, it can also be an effective tool against any GS employees you might not like. ;)

Heck, last time I was in GameStop the employee basically told me to pre order a game to get the extra 30% (which she somehow stacked on top of the 7/$35) and then come back later and cancel it. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. But to make up for it I am showering that person with real pre-orders.

6/12/12

:360:
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 - $8
Tekken 6 - $7
Saints Row 2 - $7
NBA 2K11 - $10
Lego Star Wars 3 Clone Wars - $8
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - $8
Left 4 Dead - $11

I was pleasantly surprised I got more than I estimated with the TIVs in this trade.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Heck, last time I was in GameStop the employee basically told me to pre order a game to get the extra 30% (which she somehow stacked on top of the 7/$35) and then come back later and cancel it. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. But to make up for it I am showering that person with real pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to cancel it, you'll just be able to move it to another game.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Not really a trick...your game trade was over $50, which means with a PUR card you get an extra 10%...$5 that you didn't have before, hence it's "free" money that you can put down towards a game. If you don't want that game, go in there and get the $5 back.[/QUOTE]

You can't get the $5 back as trade, all you can do is move it to another game.

You're right, it can't be cancelled. Also, Chrysalis isn't awesome, Discord isn't amazing, and FIM is for little girls.

Erm, I mean, you can cancel them.

They are flat out lying to you if they said you can't cancel and get your $5 back. They just don't want it to go against their numbers.

yes preorders can be canceled at the expense of dirty looks and possible plots to kill you. but they can in fact be canceled. though you might want to an escape plan just in case. i hear there is a lot of empty land in wymoing to hide out in

I already have a plan. Which is if I do cancel the pre-order (which I probably will), I'm pre-ordering like 4 or 5 games when I do. That should make up for it right?

If you paid cash for your pre-order, yes it can be cancelled and cyou can get your money back.

But if it was part of a promotion (30-50% more) to get extra money on top of your trade, you can only move it to something else.

6/13
Xbox 360
Dragon Age 2 - $4.50
Crysis 2 - $8
Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster - $7
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 $8

PS3
Fallout: NV $3
Dragon Age 2 $4.50

3DS
SteelDriver $3

[quote name='Obiwan456']That is not what every gamestop employee ive ever talked to has said. How would they even know if it was for a promotion?[/QUOTE]

It's in the system.

Trades from 6/13/12

PS3:
Sonic Unleashed $6.50
Silent Hill Downpour $21
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $14
Battlefield 2 $3

XBOX 360:
Deadliest Warrior $9
Dragon age 2 $4.50
Crackdown 2 $4

[quote name='jhweathers']what happens if you trade in more than 7, say you trade in 14, do you get 70 rather than 35?[/QUOTE]No, you don't--the promotion says you get $35 extra when trading in 7 or more games, so your best bet would be to split up the 14 games into two sets of 7 and do two separate trade-in transactions to get the extra $70 (technically $35 * 2).

This is how pre-orders and bonuses have been explained to me over the years. If you do a TIV boost offer that requires a pre-order and you cancel that pre-order without moving to another title, the employee is supposed to remove the bonus that you got from the pre-order offer. However, even though the employees are supposed to do this next to none of them do.

[quote name='JP']This is how pre-orders and bonuses have been explained to me over the years. If you do a TIV boost offer that requires a pre-order and you cancel that pre-order without moving to another title, the employee is supposed to remove the bonus that you got from the pre-order offer. However, even though the employees are supposed to do this next to none of them do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've never had it happen to me before.

[quote name='JP']This is how pre-orders and bonuses have been explained to me over the years. If you do a TIV boost offer that requires a pre-order and you cancel that pre-order without moving to another title, the employee is supposed to remove the bonus that you got from the pre-order offer. However, even though the employees are supposed to do this next to none of them do.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, I was just told that I qualified for a free pre-order but on the receipt the is no mention of a promo being applied other than the 7/35. All I see is my total from the trade minus the $5 from the pre-order.

Everytime I ask them to cancel it, the employee says that it can't. I can't exactly force them to cancel it. I'll try the bbb to see if that scares them.

I was flat out told once they can't take back credit once it's been put on a card. Because one time I tried to get them to take it back and they couldn't. (Guy scanned Uncharted 2 twice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back