Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10172798

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Black Friday Trade Deals

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']20% extra credit on trades toward refurbished/new electronics
25% bonus trade in credit when trading in 2 games
Double trade in credit on any system
[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 get $10 (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Get $10 extra in-store credit when you trade any 3 games

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus, Select Systems (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed, Select Games (Varied)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade select games (within 30 days of release) View Now

$30 value is net value after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Some exclusions may apply. Offer valid only while new game is priced $49.99 or higher. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title.
[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed III PS3 Bundle Upgrade Offer (11/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $75 extra in-store credit when you trade any PS3 toward a new PS3 500GB Assassin’s Creed III bundle.”

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS3 500GB Assassin's Creed III bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 10/30/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

Sony Collections Trade Offer (11/14/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any games toward the purchase of select Sony collections. Exclusively for PowerUp Rewards members

Eligible Games
- Ratchet & Clank Collection - $39.99
-God of War Saga - $39.99
- Jak and Daxter Collection - $39.99
- Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - $19.99
- InFAMOUS Collection $19.99
- Journey Collector’s Edition- $29.99
- Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99
- Killzone Trilogy - $39.99

Legal: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of participating games. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12.
[/QUOTE]

Power Up Rewards Exclusive Hardware Values (11/11/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']PowerUp Rewards exclusive hardware trade offers are here. Trade in your system to score these exclusive trade prices.

• Xbox 360 orig - $80
  • Xbox 360 slim - $125
  • PS3 - $125
  • Wii - $40
  • 3DS - $75
  • DSi - $50
  • DS Lite - $40
  • PS Vita - $90
  • PS2 - $30
Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Defective hardware may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/6/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

30% Power Trade
(1/6/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 30% extra in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new copy of select games. http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new copy of a participating game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

PC Download Power Trade (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any games toward Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC digital downloads.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of PC download of Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

25% Headset Offer (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new headset. including Turtle Beach, Tritton, Beats and more!

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of new headset. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sninh']I think the forza game only has one disc so I'm not sure how much they'll give[/QUOTE]

Hmm...did not realize that. Also was considering Halo 4 bundle for $180. The larger HD and transforming D-pad would be nice. I should just sit on my trade credit but I never do.

[quote name='z24buddy']
Base TIV as of 10/08/12:
iconxbox360.gif
Xbox 360
iconxbox360.gif

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY $5 (promo does not apply to this version)

...Can someone try trading an original Arkham Asylum to see if the base value really is $7 and that the promo works on that version?

(If so, that is crazy, as the last base value reported was $2 and the non GOTY version would get $11.20 with PU Pro while GOTY gets only $5.50)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chuckie88']
...Anyway here's some base TIVs:
:3ds: Super Mario Land 3D - $17.00
:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum - $7.00[/QUOTE]
Yes, the original version trades for $7 base and $11.20 with the bonus it qualifies for. I thought it was pretty messed up too when I took advantage of it and posted this last Sunday (10/7/2012). I'm not sure what they're thinking here.:whistle2:s

[quote name='paayter']how about you not be such a crappy person with crappy morals...and just buy a new system. it seem as though you've had pretty good use out of ur launch ps3...ur basically gonna let some other victim deal with ur bs ps3 that they paid 180 plus for that freezes after a few minutes of gameplay. how the hell would you feel if u got a system like that?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop refurbishes their consoles that are traded in, I have no problem if they charge me a refurbish fee when I trade it in. Also, if they for some reason did not refurbish it, there is no victim as Gamestop would trade them that console for another one or give them a refund. How about you educate yourself before mounting on your high horse next time? Or you can just shut the hell up before commenting on someone else' morals who you know nothing about.

If anyone can help on this it would be great, I'm thinking about trading in my Final fantasy xbox 360, just the console, the 110 is most offered in recent memory. my question is how much better are the new slim's compared to the fatter older ones, mine one time while applying a update got a red ring and I had to restart the system for it to go back to normal. in terms of console longevity is the newer slim worth it? I believe I can open my 250Gb drive at stick it in the 4gb.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']If anyone can help on this it would be great, I'm thinking about trading in my Final fantasy xbox 360, just the console, the 110 is most offered in recent memory. my question is how much better are the new slim's compared to the fatter older ones, mine one time while applying a update got a red ring and I had to restart the system for it to go back to normal. in terms of console longevity is the newer slim worth it? I believe I can open my 250Gb drive at stick it in the 4gb.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I haven't had any real issues until the other day with my power supply. I had to plug it direct into the wall as opposed to a surge protector, but I've had mine since about 2 months after the slims came out(needed the wifi in it). So I guess its about 2 years old with no real issues. I use it fairly frequently too, so I'm not sure if that helps you out much.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']I was trying to figure out that too and it looks like he may have gotten the tiered trade bonus of 30% plus 10% for PUR on Borderlands GOTY which is the only way it adds up to $117 but it still makes no sense since that applies to 7 or more games. Weird.

$17 + $8.5 + $1.7 = $27.20
$9 + $4.5 + $.9 = $14.40
$15 + $4.5 + $1.5 = $21.00

Total: $117.00[/QUOTE]

To clarify, I was picking up Dishonored as well in this transaction--I also had an unopened copy of NBA 2k13 that I was returning, so the Gamestop employee applied the return credit to Dishonored but still gave me the 30% bonus for picking up the new release (hence my ability to obtain the bonus 30% and trade credit in full). I think the deal usually only works if you are applying your trade-in credit to the game you are picking up.

This was definitely a YMMV-type of deal with a cool Gamestop employee. Sorry for any confusion.

[quote name='209chromatic']If you are getting rrod I would say upgrade. Slim uses less power and is somewhat quiter and no rrod, you can probably get a good deal on BF.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking of trading it now and waiting for black friday to buy it.

TiV of 10/10/12
All are :wii: merchandise

·Super Mario galaxy 2 - $15
·Mart kart wii (game only) - $12
·Mario party 9 - $20
·Legend of Zelda: skyward sword - $16
·Super smash bros. Brawl - $13
·Wii remote controller - $4
·Wii motionplus - $7.50
·Wii classic controller - $5
·Wii nunchuk controller - $2.50
·Wii racing wheel/grip - 0.25

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']TiV of 10/10/12
All are :wii: merchandise

·Super Mario galaxy 2 - $15
·Mart kart wii (game only) - $12
·Mario party 9 - $20
·Legend of Zelda: Mario sword - $16
·Super smash bros. Brawl - $13
·Wii remote controller - $4
·Wii motionplus - $7.50
·Wii classic controller - $5
·Wii nunchuk controller - $2.50
·Wii racing wheel/grip - 0.25[/QUOTE]

:hot:

just called:
base TIV's 10/10/12
Sleeping Dogs :360: $20
Sniper Elite V2 :360: $20
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare :360: $7

Weird, dunno if he just gave me $20 for the two since they're part of the 2 for $40 promo, but looks like they'er going towards a pre-order for assassins creed 3 since I can get way more with the 30% promo than the 2 for $40.

How much is a old white phat xbox with the silver dvdrom tray + 20gb hd, 1 wireless controller and 5 to 6 wired controllers.

[quote name='finstersucks']Borderlands 2 Base is $30, is that right?[/QUOTE]

I believe so. They have a $30 promo on that game for the next couple days.

[quote name='MR STROKE']I believe so. They have a $30 promo on that game for the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the base is 30.if you look it'll have the base and then an amount added that makes it 30

[quote name='sninh']I don't think the base is 30.if you look it'll have the base and then an amount added that makes it 30[/QUOTE]

Just figure it out. It's $25 base and $30 guarantee for the new release in 30 days promo. $30 is rare for base tiv these days. i know mw3 had it and mass effect 2 had it at $36 at one point.

i bought 2 Halo Reach games from craiglist. Will gamestop allow me to trade 2 copies of same game or do i need to make 2 separate trips?

Traded in the following today with bonus:

Uncharted 3 = 14.40
Infamous 2 = 14.40
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller = 22.00
Xbox 360 Wired Headset = 5.50

Total = 100.30

So I renew my power up rewards card & paid off Forza Horizon Limited Edition and have $18.91 not to bad.

[quote name='skyzen']i bought 2 Halo Reach games from craiglist. Will gamestop allow me to trade 2 copies of same game or do i need to make 2 separate trips?[/QUOTE]
Usually it's 1 copy per trip.

10/10/12:
:360: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - $5

As for their return policy, I saw this at the bottom of my receipt today:

"Any new product purchased between 10/1/12 and 12/24/12 may be returned with receipt by 1/15/13. Package must be unopened and in resale condition".

So thought that was nice as opposed to the standard 30 day return policy. I'm thinking I may just return Dishonored (PS3) because I already bought it for PC.

I got the Gamestop guys to stop trying to get me to pre-order stuff with my credit. I told them I'm waiting for the next buy 2, get 1 free on pre-owned games.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's the same reason LFD 1/2 are so high: GS stopped buying the game from the publisher, demand for it has increased (sequel coming out,) company inventory is low, GS needs copies, and customers that don't know better are ok paying $36-$40 for a used copy from GS.[/QUOTE]

well thats still kind of amazing the price of the game in store is so high and people are buying....the game can be had for 15 dollars on amazon(ive bought and sold them twice to game stop lol)

not to mention all the copies sold with new 360s kind of shocking in a way but not really people are suckers...

[quote name='yobaburp']How much is a old white phat xbox with the silver dvdrom tray + 20gb hd, 1 wireless controller and 5 to 6 wired controllers.[/QUOTE]
Last time (maybe couple of days ago) it was $55 and with the double promo going on it came to $110 with everything needed for the trade (power cord, A/V cables, controller and a working console). Hard drive was not required for trade in but if you are getting rid of it then you can throw it in their.

Couple posts below yours is the new trade in value listed for wireless controllers ($22.00). Wired was around $12.00 few days back.

If you do the power trade towards a preorder of a select game, you will get 30% bonus credit on your trade-in. Make sure to take a print out of the trade in promo (listed on GS website stating so) since some people have reported problems getting the promo if you go that route.

[quote name='finstersucks']Borderlands 2 Base is $30, is that right?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MR STROKE']I believe so. They have a $30 promo on that game for the next couple days.[/QUOTE]
BB with unlocked will give you $43.20 I believe

So I just opened my Uncharted 3 GOTY from the Superslim bundle and found out the DLC is on disk. Unlike U2 that had a voucher and just about everything else Sony seems to do it with. Hoping this means the TIV will be higher come trade time.

Base values for yesterday (10/10):

:360: Left 4 Dead 2 - $17
:ds: Pokemon Platinum - $13

Got $48 total with the 50% bonus (on qualifying games) + 10% PUR. I paid off my Wii U preorder in full just so I don't have to deal with that on release day. I still need to pay off my NSMB U preorder (didn't bring my other card so I was just a few $ short to do that) otherwise that was sort of pointless.

Is it just me or was Mass Effect 3 trade in value 12 after bonus. I could've sworn it was which is why I trade it in to Amazon for 13. It's up to 18 now.

[quote name='j.t']Is it just me or was Mass Effect 3 trade in value 12 after bonus. I could've sworn it was which is why I trade it in to Amazon for 13. It's up to 18 now.[/QUOTE]

The mass effect 3 base is 18 now ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']The mass effect 3 base is 18 now ?[/QUOTE]

No base is 12. I saw it for base 8 and 12 after bonus. Now it's base 12 and 18 after bonus.

Got $164.30 today from the gamestop in westford,ma.

I traded in a old phat white 360 my brother purchased off ebay for $25 , him and his friend had repaired it and brought back to full gaming life.
Got $95 for it with a wireless controler and 20gb hd.

Trade in 4 wireled controllers at $13.20 a piece and a extra wireless at $22.00. My brother got these for free at the recycling center while doing a delivery, why would someone throw away pefectly working and comesticly fine controllers beats me.

COD 4:Mod War - 4.40
Halo 3 - 3.30

I decided to also upgrade my membership to a pur member for $14.99, it also gave me 10% extra on everything except the console. Now my brother will hopefully get the new slim 500gb ps3 bundle that includes assasian creed 3 so I can play it on my ps3 ;)

[quote name='yobaburp']Got $164.30 today from the gamestop in westford,ma.

I traded in a old phat white 360 my brother purchased off ebay for $25 , him and his friend had repaired it and brought back to full gaming life.
Got $95 for it with a wireless controler and 20gb hd.

Trade in 4 wireled controllers at $13.20 a piece and a extra wireless at $22.00. My brother got these for free at the recycling center while doing a delivery, why would someone throw away pefectly working and comesticly fine controllers beats me.

COD 4:Mod War - 4.40
Halo 3 - 3.30

I decided to also upgrade my membership to a pur member for $14.99, it also gave me 10% extra on everything except the console. Now my brother will hopefully get the new slim 500gb ps3 bundle that includes assasian creed 3 so I can play it on my ps3 ;)[/QUOTE]
I thought the fat 360 was worth 110, 55 base, without the HD?

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I thought the fat 360 was worth 110, 55 base, without the HD?[/QUOTE]

A little earlier in the thread someone mentioned it going down.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hmm I have 2 copies of ME3 sitting here. At $18 I think I will traded them both.

Edit: I guess it would be $19.20 actually.[/QUOTE]
are both the xbox 360 and ps3 at the $12 base value?

[quote name='YBX87']holy sh, man i should of bought an extra copy of me 3. i hope the tiv stays until tomorrow. cuz i would not get a chance to make it to a gamestop till tomorrow[/QUOTE]
Should be fine -- website says "These exclusive values are only guaranteed until October 14"

Nice, I'll definitely trade in my original copy of Mass Effect 3 and then keep the new one I picked up at Best Buy. That way I can get another online pass for my son. Since this is a stupid EA game, he can't play online with his account right now, but I think that changes when he hits 13, which is in just a few months. It sounds like the multiplayer is still pretty active (and ever-changing) so I'd like to keep one copy at least. The online passes are gamertag-specific, right? I mean, you can't just redeem one for a console like you can with DLC/XBL Arcade games?

Ok I took in Skyrim, Saints Row The Third, Reach, and Mortal Kombat.

Now when I added that up, it should have been about 95 bucks. The guy looked at 3 of my disc and said he has to charge me a bit because they need to resurface them. (I was surprised but I should have wiped them down, didn't notice anything wrong with them but whatever). At the end he told me I would be getting 66 bucks. I asked him if that included the power up special that is going on, he said yes.

I asked how much he docked me for the resurfacing, he told me 8 bucks total. I could have lived with 85+ dollars but 66? I told him I will think about it some more. What happened?

[quote name='Calinks']Ok I took in Skyrim, Saints Row The Third, Reach, and Mortal Kombat.

Now when I added that up, it should have been about 95 bucks. The guy looked at 3 of my disc and said he has to charge me a bit because they need to resurface them. (I was surprised but I should have wiped them down, didn't notice anything wrong with them but whatever). At the end he told me I would be getting 66 bucks. I asked him if that included the power up special that is going on, he said yes.

I asked how much he docked me for the resurfacing, he told me 8 bucks total. I could have lived with 85+ dollars but 66? I told him I will think about it some more. What happened?[/QUOTE]You probably shouldn't have traded in three games because that might have triggered the tiered promo instead--10% for each game instead of 50%. Just split them between two transactions and you should be good.

[quote name='Vigilante']You probably shouldn't have traded in three games because that might have triggered the tiered promo instead--10% for each game instead of 50%. Just split them between two transactions and you should be good.[/QUOTE]
Oh man, that makes sense! That would be another 6 bucks which would put me at 66. I was hoping to come out of there with 88. I will go back and try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back