OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334650-gamestop-trade-in-values-xxvi-values-available-on-ios-app-upcoming-50-bonus-with-coupon/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

None Currently.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Darby27" post="11962571" timestamp="1406565947"]I'm gonna say no since I've never seen a scan of one[/quote]I thought a new one came out? I'm going to gamestop today do I need it.

Can I at least do B2G1 with 2 BD coupon's (or do you only need just 1?) and the $5 lion heart? I'll save my points for later.

If I trade in NBA Live 14 (PS4) + MGS: Ground Zeroes (PS4) towards the Last of Us Remastered. Do I get both the $15 bonus credit and the 40% w/ PUR? That'd be awesome!

I need to know did the $15 extra (for 2 ps4 or 2 xbox1 games) just start today or was the active yesterday when you could have gotten 60% trade in credit on any games.

I need to know did the $15 extra (for 2 ps4 or 2 xbox1 games) just start today or was the active yesterday when you could have gotten 60% trade in credit on any games.
It just started today, and it wouldn't have stacked with the 50% bonus even if it was going on yesterday.

It just started today, and it wouldn't have stacked with the 50% bonus even if it was going on yesterday.
Will this at least stack with the 40% Trade in going on currently for Pro members.

Just called store and the $15 extra is only for base trade in value. Boo

If that's the case that's garbage, gona wait till next 50% promo and hopefully the TIV's don't plumit.

Still may trade in my last of us towards remastered for $25 if I can move it later to something else. Only thing decent atm that I see.

I got you guys covered for that week

qSWHSiP.jpg
Hah. If you're willing to share, I'll prob take a few. My store wasn't giving them out for some reason. I bet the dopes never even opened their marketing box! That or they gave them all away in huge piles the first few days.

Aside from the credit card news, I have another Gamestop WTF moment. Sorry if this has already been discussed here.

Seriously though... what the fuck ? Can this 40% thing be accurate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrgPHPkJaz4

this part will entice someone ,

We obtained photographs that outline the details of the card showing that the primary incentive for signing up is 5,000 bonus points for PowerUp Basic members and 15,000 bonus points for PowerUp Pro members

So you need a coupon for the 50% trade in? I was gonna trade in Batman Arkham Origins but if I have to hassle looking for coupons then what's the point

Went into 3 different gamestops today and traded 6 ps4/xbone games I bought last week for $5 each after kongregate (didn't have BD), got $23.80 for each pair so worked out nicely, every gamestop already has fliers advertising the $15 bonus for two ps4/xb games so no issues at all.  

No problem still buying $10 PSN cards for $5 with kongregate coupon either, so that still works fine.  got physical cards not digital ones.  One of the gamestops had stacks and stacks of the 50% credit at end of august coupon so she let me take away 4, just ask the cashier if you need any more and they will probably hand it over.  

I'm pretty much tapped out of games to trade though, maybe use some of b2g1 receipt coupons and save em for end of next month

So get the credit card, throw it in a drawer at home and never use it, and get the offers.
Except that GS now has your SSN and access to your entire credit history... Good if you plan to be a long-term/loyal customer. Not good if you like to flip.

And pay that interest rate....
Not exactly. The odds that GS is issuing the card are pretty much 0. It's got to be a partnership/ branding with an issuing bank. The interest rate is high to cover the issuer's risk. Let's be honest, approving anyone who pays $15 for PUR Pro and giving them $15 back in points is going to get some bad borrowers in the door. Other low/no credit cards have better terms, but they're also going to be higher on an impending-bankrupt's payment chain as they're more likely than a store card to be use for utilities and cell bills (last things people stop paying).

GS will like people who spend and carry no balance even more than risky interest bearers, since they're probably getting a break on interchange fees / merchant discounts for store card purchases that, while small, will be very valuable in the aggregate.

Not exactly. The odds that GS is issuing the card are pretty much 0. It's got to be a partnership/ branding with an issuing bank. The interest rate is high to cover the issuer's risk. Let's be honest, approving anyone who pays $15 for PUR Pro and giving them $15 back in points is going to get some bad borrowers in the door. Other low/no credit cards have better terms, but they're also going to be higher on an impending-bankrupt's payment chain as they're more likely than a store card to be use for utilities and cell bills (last things people stop paying).

GS will like people who spend and carry no balance even more than risky interest bearers, since they're probably getting a break on interchange fees / merchant discounts for store card purchases that, while small, will be very valuable in the aggregate.
Most if not all credit card applications are subject to approval, which will be a hard pull on your credit score and trust me, they definitely won't issue a credit card to just anyone. Pre-approval doesn't mean you've already met their requirements.

Actually, do we get cash back for using their credit card? It doesn't happen to be in the form of powerup reward points, right? :wall:

If they are giving card holders a b2g1 coupon every week, I'll prolly apply for one. Otherwise, I prefer to get screwed by citi/chase, and hell even capital one has lower APR lol

Xbox 360 S 320GB HD - $60

Speaking of hard drives, apparently a couple days ago there was a scam going on in my area. Somebody was taking the shells from the 320gb slim hd and putting 20gb hd's in them. Guess they had no idea because the shell was an official microsoft one and somebody bought one of these just to go home and find it was only a 20gb. So when I traded mine in there was a JR detective eyeballing the hard drive like crazy, scanning the serial #, the whole nine yards lol.

Aside from the credit card news, I have another Gamestop WTF moment. Sorry if this has already been discussed here.

Seriously though... what the fuck ? Can this 40% thing be accurate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrgPHPkJaz4
This actually did not surprise me. Alot of times I see Spanish/Nonenglish speaking people come in and pay with only cash. Spanish people could be of any age with kids or not. Other ethnic groups (Vietnamese/Africans- Ethiopians/etc) usually with kids. Usually they are stores in strip malls right between a questionable moderate neighborhood (w/ soccer mom) and ethnic working class nieghborhood.

^^ WTF is up with that video having nothing to do with what the guy is talking about? Is that what Youtube is like these days!?

Also, not sure if the 40% thing is even accurate - I mean, how would they really know that? It sounds like something the CEO would say to push DM's to get clerks to remind people about game trades even more than they already do (which seems to be every time someone walks in or calls).

PS3

TLoU - $9

Anybody planning on upgrading, I hope you already preordered. Pretty dope po bonus

Purchase The Last of Us Remastered now and receive a Pre-order Bonus!

Pre-order Bonus includes the following:

• 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
  • Bonus Joel Skin for use in the Single Player Campaign (must complete the game once to equip)
  • Bonus Ellie Skin for use in the Single Player Campaign (must complete the game once to equip)
  • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign

:pS3:  The Last of Us $9 base.  Had no problem putting $25.90 on my Remastered PS4 preorder.

Did have an adventure returning my 360 from yesterday's failed BB fiasco though.  I got a copy of AC Revelations since it was free with the system but apparently the associate forgot to put it in the case yesterday.  Luckily it was the same guy who did the return tonight so it wasnt too bad to straighten out but still a pain.  Took almost 30 minutes.

^^ WTF is up with that video having nothing to do with what the guy is talking about? Is that what Youtube is like these days!?

Also, not sure if the 40% thing is even accurate - I mean, how would they really know that? It sounds like something the CEO would say to push DM's to get clerks to remind people about game trades even more than they already do (which seems to be every time someone walks in or calls).
Sometimes he uses random gameplay footage. Sometimes he records himself talking to the camera. I think it just depends what he wants to do. He usually has a pretty interesting viewpoint on the latest videogame news. That wasn't the best of example of a good video from him, but I thought you guys might be interested.

It doesn't bother me when youtubers use gameplay footage. I usually just listen to youtube videos on my phone while I'm doing random stuff like washing dishes, brushing my teeth, taking a crap, etc.

Can any kind soul with an iToy check the values for Hitman Absolution and Killer is Dead (both 360) please?  I forgot to ask when I was in store tonight getting my free XBL credit.

Killer is dead is 1.50 and hitman is .75
Thanks! (picked up both as CEs today used for ~$2 each but not really interested in KiD, and I already have Hitman on GwG.

Just a reminder, if you collect CEs and stuff, always have them check the drawers behind the counter. Picked up Hitman that way today, and an Alan Wake CE for $6.xx after coupons that way a couple days ago!

hey did buy 2 get 1 free wii/ds games end? If it is still going the 25% off coupon would most likely stack on ds games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back