OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334650-gamestop-trade-in-values-xxvi-values-available-on-ios-app-upcoming-50-bonus-with-coupon/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

None Currently.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from Gamestop and can confirm that I did indeed get a new PS4 by trading in the old one. Only cost me about 2 bucks out of pocket.

Just got back from Gamestop and can confirm that I did indeed get a new PS4 by trading in the old one. Only cost me about 2 bucks out of pocket.
Can you explain the process of doing so? Hopefully I didn't miss anything, but did you have to order the Xbox One, then cancel the preorder, and then buy the new system? Also was there tax?

you should go back and trade the new one in for another new one for the PUR points. Maybe even do that 8 or 10 times:)

you should go back and trade the new one in for another new one for the PUR points. Maybe even do that 8 or 10 times:)
You would definitely be flagged for doing that. Some people reported being (temporarily?) banned from trading in after trading in 3 or more PS4s in a 30-day period.

You would definitely be flagged for doing that. Some people reported being (temporarily?) banned from trading in after trading in 3 or more PS4s in a 30-day period.
Yes they do ban you in fact the nerds that work there have meetings about the people that do lots of trading to see infact if they are good for business. I was suspended for trading in my 3 xboxs and lots of games all in a 2 week period. i got over $1000 by trading.

40% Extra Credit for PowerUp Rewards Pro Members when you trade any games or accessories toward anything featured at E3. All customers receive 30% Extra In-Store Credit.

So does this mean I would get a bonus for preordering UFC EA with gamestop?

I just think there is going to be hassling.

40% Extra Credit for PowerUp Rewards Pro Members when you trade any games or accessories toward anything featured at E3. All customers receive 30% Extra In-Store Credit.

it means that pur members get 40%, non pur members get the reg 30%

So does this mean I would get a bonus for preordering UFC EA with gamestop?

I just think there is going to be hassling.

Can you explain the process of doing so? Hopefully I didn't miss anything, but did you have to order the Xbox One, then cancel the preorder, and then buy the new system? Also was there tax?
Was fairly simple, just tell them you're trading it in for the 50% bonus toward a new system. He'll check it to make sure it works for a few min then ask which system. The guy who did my transaction thought I said Xbox One so when he came out with it I said I wanted a new PS4. He asked me what was wrong with mine and I said nothing, I'm just trading it in for a new one because I wanted a new 1 year warranty that came standard with the PS4. Then he went and got the new PS4 for me.

Since this is the gamestop thread I'll ask my question here: Can I stack a PU reward (specifically, the $10 off a pre-owned game reward) with the birthday coupon? I've never used gamestop's points but there's a game on sale right now that I'ld like to use the $10 off on, if the birthday coupon stacks as well.

Since this is the gamestop thread I'll ask my question here: Can I stack a PU reward (specifically, the $10 off a pre-owned game reward) with the birthday coupon? I've never used gamestop's points but there's a game on sale right now that I'ld like to use the $10 off on, if the birthday coupon stacks as well.
Yes, you can, and better yet (unless they've "fixed" it), the b-day coupon discount is applied before the $xx off coupon, so your 20% savings is maximized.

6/4

:360:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $17

Call of Duty: Ghosts - $14

:ps4:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $23

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $13

Call of Duty: Ghosts - $17

Hmm. Maybe it's time to get myself an Xbone of my own. 

Was going to go Sony for this generation but some buddies/family members recently moved out-of-state and they're all Xbox owners. So I've been swapping out my PS collection for Xbox over the past two weeks.

Will the promo/PS4 be enough for me to cover just about all of a Kinect-less Xbone? 

I think I was banned because I traded in 2 PS4s and a Wii U. I posted about it but the GS employee actually scanned another PS4 so I technically traded in 3. I tried to traded in my PS4 and Xbox One the other day and got all the way thru the process then the denial came.

Yes, you can, and better yet (unless they've "fixed" it), the b-day coupon discount is applied before the $xx off coupon, so your 20% savings is maximized.

6/4

:360:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $17

Call of Duty: Ghosts - $14

:ps4:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $23

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $13

Call of Duty: Ghosts - $17
somebody went HAM on that Gamefly sale, lol.

I know I've been beating a dead horse about this Xbox one trade in, but what's my best option of trading in a one, Titanfall, bf4, and watch dogs. I'm trying to get a ps4 and like two games. I'm willing to add a little cash. Trying to get infamous Ss and watch dogs on the 4.

thanks in advance

I know I've been beating a dead horse about this Xbox one trade in, but what's my best option of trading in a one, Titanfall, bf4, and watch dogs. I'm trying to get a ps4 and like two games. I'm willing to add a little cash. Trying to get infamous Ss and watch dogs on the 4.

thanks in advance
Trade in your ps4 now for an Xbox one, you'll get $400 give or take for it. You'd have to pay an extra $100 to cover the difference, unless you have credit left over from your games to cover it. Then use birthday coupons for whatever ps4 games you want.

You'll get $40 for Watch Dogs, I know that much, and if you can get a 40% bonus by trading in the others towards a promotional game, you'll end up with a decent profit. Cancel the preorder later, and use the credit and birthday coupons later too.

thanks in advance
I would keep the games until Sunday. You can preorder the new COD and get 50% trade bouns. Then pick up the games you want used with birthday coupon!

Man I'm jealous of you guys that don't pay tax on credit purchases . I'd trade my ps4 for a new one in a heartbeat . Still tempted to do it with having to pay tax . I figure it like this , 400$ I get for it (with headset) + 8000 pur points (equivalent of 8$ in my eyes ) 425.40$ for new ps4 = 17.40$ out of pocket (trade in $ pocket that is) for a new ps4 while also extending my warranty . Let's not forget the piece of mind that I would be replacing my dualshock 4 that r2's button took a beating shooting blast shards playing infamous .

6/4

Xbox 360

Batman: Arkham Origins $16

I've noticed a lot more games appear to have different TIV's than their system counterparts.  They used to be the same and rarely different.

Heads up for those attempting to trade PS4s for the Kinectless Xbox 1/New PS4s using the 50% trade toward next gen system deal:

The system won't add the 50% for Kinectless X1 preorder, you must put the amount on a PS4/Xbox One you are buying and taking out the store that day.

GS Employee said the current TIV on the PS4/X1 SHOULD stay the same between now and the kinectless Xbox One's launch on Monday so you should be able to trade a PS4/X1 for one and be able to walk out the store that day with a $400 X1 with the 50% extra trade credit towards a PS4/X1 promo(I was also attempting to trade Titanfall 360 in as well which was $27 TIV). This goes for those trading PS4s for new PS4s as well

PS4+Titanfall 360= $438 grand total TIV

If you get banned, is there anyway to get unbanned again? My PUR points haven't updated and I don't know why I could've gotten banned...maybe I returned one too many games? Or maybe because I traded in Diablo III twice for each system...😭

Trade in your ps4 now for an Xbox one, you'll get $400 give or take for it. You'd have to pay an extra $100 to cover the difference, unless you have credit left over from your games to cover it. Then use birthday coupons for whatever ps4 games you want.

You'll get $40 for Watch Dogs, I know that much, and if you can get a 40% bonus by trading in the others towards a promotional game, you'll end up with a decent profit. Cancel the preorder later, and use the credit and birthday coupons later too.
I have a Xbox one I'm trying to trade in to get me a ps4..im not trying to trade in a ps4. So what's my opinions now.

If you get banned, is there anyway to get unbanned again? My PUR points haven't updated and I don't know why I could've gotten banned...maybe I returned one too many games? Or maybe because I traded in Diablo III twice for each system...
Some have reported being temporarily banned, in which case you would be able to trade in again after 30 days, but I'm not sure about other types of bans.

Some have reported being temporarily banned, in which case you would be able to trade in again after 30 days, but I'm not sure about other types of bans.
Thanks Vigilante! I thought it was a once you're banned, you're banned forever type of thing. Thank you so much!!

Steals of the Weak for the next 3 weeks.

6/9/14 - 6/15/14 - 25% off when you buy 3 or more Pre-Owned games for 10,000 Points

6/16/14 - 6/22/14 - $15 off any Pre-Owned tablet for 5,000 Points

6/23/14 - 6/29/14 - $10 off one Pre-Owned game when you buy a NEW PS4 / Xbox One for 2,000 Points

Ugh. My go to store has a new manager who is a total dweeb. Refused to trade an AWD PS4 for a new PS4. He claimed he'd get canned for doing a same-system trade. Total BS, but I don't want to burn him on a survey in his first week. That would pretty much take the store out of play for everything, even mundane credit moving trades.

Ugh. My go to store has a new manager who is a total dweeb. Refused to trade an AWD PS4 for a new PS4. He claimed he'd get canned for doing a same-system trade. Total BS, but I don't want to burn him on a survey in his first week. That would pretty much take the store out of play for everything, even mundane credit moving trades.
I once got a manager who readjusted my 30%+10% Pur bonus after I was cancelling a reservation. I was incensed and believe me, that was not a burn what I wrote (in a polite and direct manner, just in case).

Heads up for those attempting to trade PS4s for the Kinectless Xbox 1/New PS4s using the 50% trade toward next gen system deal:

The system won't add the 50% for Kinectless X1 preorder, you must put the amount on a PS4/Xbox One you are buying and taking out the store that day.

GS Employee said the current TIV on the PS4/X1 SHOULD stay the same between now and the kinectless Xbox One's launch on Monday so you should be able to trade a PS4/X1 for one and be able to walk out the store that day with a $400 X1 with the 50% extra trade credit towards a PS4/X1 promo(I was also attempting to trade Titanfall 360 in as well which was $27 TIV). This goes for those trading PS4s for new PS4s as well

PS4+Titanfall 360= $438 grand total TIV
Thanks for the heads up. Was going to stop by a GS tomorrow and do exactly this. Saved me a trip.

thanks in advance
so what's the bottom line to what I'll get for the one and as far as the games go. I think I'll wait till Sunday for the 50% on games also can I just 5 on ghost and the rest on ps4 used games with bday coupon.

so what's the bottom line to what I'll get for the one and as far as the games go. I think I'll wait till Sunday for the 50% on games also can I just 5 on ghost and the rest on ps4 used games with bday coupon.
If I were you, I would try to get a hold of a 40‰ trade bonus donation coupon from someone here and go trade your stuff tomorrow. I wouldn't hold an XBox One for another day, because every day is one day closer to the new sku launching and an almost certain drop in TIV for the model you're holding.

You'd lose out on 10% on your games (assuming your store is even participating in this 50% promo that was mentioned above), but it'd be worth that to me to know I got the most possible on the console which is the most expensive item. I think a couple of CAGs mentioned selling their 40% bump coupons for $2 or so.

With all that (assuming your state doesn't charge taxes on purchases made with credit) you should be able to do a pretty close to even swap.

Steals of the Weak for the next 3 weeks.

6/9/14 - 6/15/14 - 25% off when you buy 3 or more Pre-Owned games for 10,000 Points

6/16/14 - 6/22/14 - $15 off any Pre-Owned tablet for 5,000 Points

6/23/14 - 6/29/14 - $10 off one Pre-Owned game when you buy a NEW PS4 / Xbox One for 2,000 Points
I see what you did there...

The 25% off coupon might be pretty good if you're interested in multiple games, as you get a better-than-b-day discount applied to every game in a single transaction.

I see what you did there...

The 25% off coupon might be pretty good if you're interested in multiple games, as you get a better-than-b-day discount applied to every game in a single transaction.
If you have more than one game that you want to buy using that coupon, you're doing it wrong as a cag.

If you have more than one game that you want to buy using that coupon, you're doing it wrong as a cag.
Huh? What if there are multiple on-sale games that you could flip to other stores?

For example, if you could use the coupon this week, you could get two copies of Phineas & Ferb: QfCS :)wii: / :3ds:) plus at least one other game, then trade at least the copies of P&F to Best Buy at a higher profit margin.

Huh? What if there are multiple on-sale games that you could flip to other stores?

For example, if you could use the coupon this week, you could get two copies of Phineas & Ferb: QfCS :)wii: / :3ds:) plus at least one other game, then trade at least the copies of P&F to Best Buy at a higher profit margin.
I'm limited to GS and Amazon in terms of credit. Best Buy where I live don't accept trade ins, sadly.

I'm limited to GS and Amazon in terms of credit. Best Buy where I live don't accept trade ins, sadly.
Sorry to hear that, but my point still stands--I don't see how using a coupon to its fullest extent to get multiple games at a cheaper price than you could elsewhere is "doing it wrong as a CAG". Heck, you could still pad out a purchase with $0.99 sports games if you wanted just one or two games. :???:

Sorry to hear that, but my point still stands--I don't see how using a coupon to its fullest extent to get multiple games at a cheaper price than you could elsewhere is "doing it wrong as a CAG". Heck, you could still pad out a purchase with $0.99 sports games if you wanted just one or two games. :???:
I was talking in the sense we usually hoard games and get new releases thanks to how we run retailers systems to benefit us. Most cags I believe are like that and yes there are some that not. Check the post again for clarification.

Well since Watch_Dogs is only for XB1 in the flyer I will get the 50% when I trade for it before I head to work on Sunday then promptly return it on Monday for a current gen version. I've only done this once at my closest store and the guy side-eyed me while he mumbled and groaned when I did, so now If i need to do a return I do it at the store right next to my workplace, where they seem to not really care lol.

Kinda off topic, but every time I see the above dude he's always pissy with me. Tried to use b-day coupon on him and he asks for ID to verify my bday. it was like a week before my actual bday but he denied the coupon saying I was trying to scam the store :shame:. Store manager happened to be there and he approved it. Needless to say I put in a negative survey about the first guy. Now he complains about his hours being cut down and always looks pissed when he sees me. So now I almost avoid the store all together lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back