OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334650-gamestop-trade-in-values-xxvi-values-available-on-ios-app-upcoming-50-bonus-with-coupon/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

None Currently.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Just cancel the preorder, take the credit and go somewhere else imo
next closest GS is another 45 minutes round trip for me and I've had even worse experiences there. I'll use the $10 and $5 off coupons on preowned Infamous and Titanfall and transfer them to credit instead.

Sure was nice of Gamestop to run a trade-in promo just a couple days after the Best Buy Glitch.
Got my stuff in the mail this afternoon and went straight to GS to get rid of the things I didn't want.

Titanfall $27
Dark Souls II $25
Ghosts $14
Saints Row IV $13
Doom 3 BFG $7

PS3

The Show '14 $25
NBA 2k14 $15
GOW Ascension $8
GOW Saga $6

With a second copy of Dark Souls II and all bonuses/coupon, I ended up with $280.50

BTW, that Titanfall statue was nice, but theres no way that CE should have been $250.
They should have thrown the season pass and maybe a steelbook in there for that price.

3DS Luigi's Dark moon ----17

Xbox360 Toystory 3 -------7

Wii U Monster Hunter 3D ------10

Xbox360----- Transformers Fall of Cyberion---9

I recently renewed my PUR Card and got a buy two get one free pre owned products. Some of the headsets that are on sale are marked as pre-owned but there new. I bought two GTAV Pulse ELites and one Beats HD Solos paid with Credit 188.98 for all 3.  I think this applies to the list of headsets that was on the Gamestop website not to long with the tittle save $60 or 60 % or something like that. You also get the additional 10% off since they are "pre-owned"

so good news and bad news from my GS trip today...

good news: manager at my GS said that we can expect to see a national 50% promo for Memorial Day weekend. Small chance of it being a 100% promo.

bad news: I was shot down using the $25, $10, and $5 off coupons picking up my MLB PS4 preorder. Manager said its a known glitch in the system and would only accept one coupon. Now I have a $10 and $5 coupons that I have to find some use for...
That manager is an idiot. You should have cancelled the preorder and went to a different store. Not sure why people accept what employees say when it's known that it is wrong info.

Unless of course he was referring to the glitch that allows you to keep the other 2 coupons. Then that sucks and hope it isn't something they've actually caught onto.

5/6

3DS

Crosswords Plus $1.50

Mario Kart 7 $13.00

New Super Mario Bros 2 $13.00

Pokemon X $17.00

Pokemon Y $17.00

Wii U

New Super Mario U/Luigi U $28.00

Thanks to whoever first mentioned the extra 10% coupon in Game Informer, I haven't bothered to read the last few issues and would have missed it.

Well it feels great to have my Gamestop trade power back.  Did a test trade tonight and worked with no problems. One of the guys i have dealt with at my local store asked me if i was going to trade in some of the generic power supply's as i guess they are in a big need for them again.  Does anyone know if they still take the generic ones off Amazon still? I though i had heard something a while back that they only take the Microsoft ones now.  Don't waste credit on something they won't take anymore.

Well it feels great to have my Gamestop trade power back. Did a test trade tonight and worked with no problems. One of the guys i have dealt with at my local store asked me if i was going to trade in some of the generic power supply's as i guess they are in a big need for them again. Does anyone know if they still take the generic ones off Amazon still? I though i had heard something a while back that they only take the Microsoft ones now. Don't waste credit on something they won't take anymore.
It is ymmv situation. Some do and some don't but really boils down the person taking those in. Also, don't go over 5 (4 is a safe bet) in a month's time or else you will get soft banned (again?).

One of the guys i have dealt with at my local store asked me if i was going to trade in some of the generic power supply's as i guess they are in a big need for them again. ...
My questions is: who the heck keeps buying these power supplies such that they're in such high demand and still have that TIV? My power supply has never konked out on me. Lol.

TIV 5/6/14:

3DS

Kid Icarus - $12
Rune Factory 4 - $15
Star Fox 64 - $7

PS3

Disgaea 4 - $5

Vita

Dynasty Warriors 8 XL - $15

I forgot to post a value two days ago (I traded in other games, but they've been posted since then):

5/4

:wii: The Smurfs 2 - $6

5/6

:360:
Major League Baseball 2k7 - $0.10

NFL Head Coach 09 - $0.10

NHL 2007 - $0.10

UFC Undisputed 3 - $12 (last one, guys, sorry :beer: )

:wiiu:

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - $20

New Super Luigi U - $12

New Super Mario Bros. U - $18

:wii: Angry Birds Trilogy - $5

:ps3:

Injustice: Gods Among Us (non-Ultimate) - $12

Major League Baseball 2k9 - $0.10

MLB 14: The Show - $25

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - $10

:vita: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - $13

Awesome! That would definitely lighten JP's workload.
Real question is what will JP do with all that free time. :lol: JP might start up another project, who knows? Either way JP props to you for doing this for so long. :bow:

so good news and bad news from my GS trip today...

good news: manager at my GS said that we can expect to see a national 50% promo for Memorial Day weekend. Small chance of it being a 100% promo.

bad news: I was shot down using the $25, $10, and $5 off coupons picking up my MLB PS4 preorder. Manager said its a known glitch in the system and would only accept one coupon. Now I have a $10 and $5 coupons that I have to find some use for...
On the bad news end, I was talking with a manager that I know well enough and he even mentioned something about a "known glitch" in the system concerning the coupons. I asked him if he knew what exactly did he mean by that and he said he did not have all the details but that they aren't supposed to work as they do now. I asked him if the fix was in the works for the "known glitch" and he said no telling with how the updates go. Bottom line, GS knows their is an issue but may not have it pinpointed just yet.

Back on topic:

Posting values I haven't seen posted already for today.

5/6/14.

:ps4:

Knack - $14.00

:ps3:

Fifa Soccer 13 - $5.00

Batman: Arkham City - $2.00

:wiiu:

Just Dance 2014 - $12.00

:360:
Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - $8.00

Batman: Arkham City - $1.50

:xb1:

Forza 5 - $18.00

My questions is: who the heck keeps these power supplies such that they're in such high demand and still have that TIV? My power supply has never konked out on me. Lol.
Probably the same people buy a knockoff and when it stops working, they go buy another knockoff. I've seen plenty of consoles on eBay/Craigslist with no cables, so some people who buy those probably also buy cables from GS and continue the cycle of buying and replacing knockoff cables.

That manager is an idiot. You should have cancelled the preorder and went to a different store. Not sure why people accept what employees say when it's known that it is wrong info.

Unless of course he was referring to the glitch that allows you to keep the other 2 coupons. Then that sucks and hope it isn't something they've actually caught onto.
Unfortunately, this is the only GS within a reasonable driving distance for me. I argued that I had used multiple coupons before with no problems but he wouldn't budge on it. Not worth the hassle of having a manager start looking at my PUR account especially since I've started to become a regular to the employees (and I dont trade anywhere near the scale some of you guys have). I'll just use the $10 and $5 coupons on preowned copies of Infamous Second Son and Titanfall tomorrow and effectively turn the coupons into GS credit. I can live with that outcome.

My questions is: who the heck keeps buying these power supplies such that they're in such high demand and still have that TIV? My power supply has never konked out on me. Lol.
People that buy consoles off Craigslist for like $20. Well that's what a GS manager told me. He said people come in telling him they're looking for power bricks because they got just the system itself for dirt cheap on CL. I believe him, I've seen people selling banned Elite consoles(just the system, nothing else) for $15 on CL. Some people don't care about getting online, etc.

Unfortunately, this is the only GS within a reasonable driving distance for me. I argued that I had used multiple coupons before with no problems but he wouldn't budge on it. Not worth the hassle of having a manager start looking at my PUR account especially since I've started to become a regular to the employees (and I dont trade anywhere near the scale some of you guys have). I'll just use the $10 and $5 coupons on preowned copies of Infamous Second Son and Titanfall tomorrow and effectively turn the coupons into GS credit. I can live with that outcome.
My guess is the glitch he's referring to is accepting more than 1 coupon in a transaction. There used to be verbage that said up to 3 coupons could be taken but apparently it's been removed from the T&C. Unless he's on cag, I highly doubt he's aware of the reusable coupons when 3 are stacked. What concerns me is being aware of this glitch so there's a possibility only 1 coupon can be used down the line if GS fixes it.

From what I know, outside of receiving systems for trades they don't get them in otherwise. Hence, they don't really have spares and at that point it is supply and demand thing. The only reason why the TIV of that thing has held strong for so long.

My guess is the glitch he's referring to is accepting more than 1 coupon in a transaction. There used to be verbage that said up to 3 coupons could be taken but apparently it's been removed from the T&C. Unless he's on cag, I highly doubt he's aware of the reusable coupons when 3 are stacked. What concerns me is being aware of this glitch so there's a possibility only 1 coupon can be used down the line if GS fixes it.
That goes along the lines of what my manager is referring to and I don't think he and the rest are aware of the stacking glitch.

OK so after the 70% I got a total of $369.75 for a big bundle of games today.
LIST INCOMING!
Xbox One:

Titanfall $27

Battlefield 4 $20

Xbox 360:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 Full Burst $10

Need for Speed Most wanted (old version) $14

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $7.50

Silent Hill HD Collection $8

3DS:

Scribblenauts Unmasked $8

LOZ:LBW $17
Pokemon X $17

Pokemon Y $17

DK: CR $13

Animal Crossing: NL $13

PS3:

AC4 Black Flag $11

Wii:
Metroid Prime Trilogy $15
LOZ: TP $8

yeah, he was definitely referring to accepting more than 1 in a transaction. I checked the T&C on the $10 and $5 coupons after I left and it does say max 3 coupons per day but only 1 per transaction now, so I suspect it will get more and more YMMV on getting them to go through :whistle2:(

yeah, he was definitely referring to accepting more than 1 in a transaction. I checked the T&C on the $10 and $5 coupons after I left and it does say max 3 coupons per day but only 1 per transaction now, so I suspect it will get more and more YMMV on getting them to go through :whistle2:(
Well, that is one way of effectively killing the glitch.

I posted this earlier and it has been confirmed to work multiple times so incase anyone missed it, here it is again (the 10% GS trade in coupon from the magazine):

GS_Full_10_Percent.jpg

GS_Barcode_10_Percent.jpg

Thanks for the coupons. By any chance do you know if they will accept them through a pic on my phone? Or should i print this out?

Thanks for the coupons. By any chance do you know if they will accept them through a pic on my phone? Or should i print this out?
I used the pic on my phone. They asked me what it was and I told them that it was the one from the magazine and they took it (told them to look in the magazine if they needed proof but they were ok with it). They were able to scan it right off my phone.

It is ymmv situation. Some do and some don't but really boils down the person taking those in. Also, don't go over 5 (4 is a safe bet) in a month's time or else you will get soft banned (again?).
Well i may look into it as they are only going for about $14 on Amazon and i have some credit collecting dust. I original temp ban was from trading into multiple stores (as i have like 8 of them in less than 20 to 25 mins from where i live) and the other issue was going over the 5 limit on payday 2 games when they were dirt cheap a while back at BB. I plan to be more cautious this time around though.

Thanks for the info

It may just be because of the area the store is at (Supply and Demand). Some of the stores i stop at are not the greatest stores to go into due to the part of town they are at. Heck the gamestop from me which is like 5 mins away just got robbed about 2 months ago for all there xbox one ones and I think PS4s. I remember actually seeing it on the local news and there was actually a police chase from it. I hate to say i think theft can play a part in the supply and demand.

I used the pic on my phone. They asked me what it was and I told them that it was the one from the magazine and they took it (told them to look in the magazine if they needed proof but they were ok with it). They were able to scan it right off my phone.
I just grabbed the magazine at the front counter and asked if they could scan that one for me and they were nice enough to do it.

From what I know, outside of receiving systems for trades they don't get them in otherwise. Hence, they don't really have spares and at that point it is supply and demand thing. The only reason why the TIV of that thing has held strong for so long.

That goes along the lines of what my manager is referring to and I don't think he and the rest are aware of the stacking glitch.
So that sounds like to me more than just 1 manager hearing gossip about shutting down multiple PUR coupons. That would really suck if something happens from this.

My main stores are used to me stacking coupons for a long time now so if it ever becomes official and an email gets sent out, that's where the regular cags will notice the change.

So that sounds like to me more than just 1 manager hearing gossip about shutting down multiple PUR coupons. That would really suck if something happens from this.

My main stores are used to me stacking coupons for a long time now so if it ever becomes official and an email gets sent out, that's where the regular cags will notice the change.
Something is already stirring in regards to that since the manager I talked with said that before the verbiage wasn't there and as such wasn't enforced and now that it is, they can shoot multiple coupons down. His DM talked with him in regards to the issue as well. Hence, in my area they are already aware of this but I still see it as ymmv situation right now as not everyone is sticking strictly to the terms laid out.

I just grabbed the magazine at the front counter and asked if they could scan that one for me and they were nice enough to do it.
The second store I went to today was curiously enough sold out of physical magazines. The phone pic saved the day at that store as they still honored the coupon after a few skeptical looks.

Something is already stirring in regards to that since the manager I talked with said that before the verbiage wasn't there and as such wasn't enforced and now that it is, they can shoot multiple coupons down. His DM talked with him in regards to the issue as well. Hence, in my area they are already aware of this but I still see it as ymmv situation right now as not everyone is sticking strictly to the terms laid out.

The second store I went to today was curiously enough sold out of physical magazines. The phone pic saved the day at that store as they still honored the coupon after a few skeptical looks.
Blarg. I was finally going to exploit that stacking bug with a 50/25/10 on the new BL2 Vita bundle, but I'm reluctant to spend points on the coupons if I'll be rejected.

hey tradeseeker are you still banned from trading at gamestop
I was never banned. You may be mistaking me for Eld.

Blarg. I was finally going to exploit that stacking bug with a 50/25/10 on the new BL2 Vita bundle, but I'm reluctant to spend points on the coupons if I'll be rejected.
If you know the employees well enough and if they have done it for you in the past (any coupon or promo stacking offer like bday coupon), then the chances are they will probably do it again for you. However, it is going to be ymmv situation just because of the info pouring in from multiple sources. I wouldn't cross it by a manager that you don't know or a jr. detective though.

Just got the new vita today using the coupons and the employee said it wouldn't work but it did ( I knew it would as this is the 3rd time I've done it) . Used the 25/10 on the show ps4 at another store. Then used the 10 on a vita case At another store.

Just FYI for all the new vita owners the case I bought at Gamestop (vault case) the new slim doesn't fit . The case is to small :/

Just got the new vita today using the coupons and the employee said it wouldn't work but it did ( I knew it would as this is the 3rd time I've done it) . Used the 25/10 on the show ps4 at another store. Then used the 10 on a vita case At another store.

Just FYI for all the new vita owners the case I bought at Gamestop (vault case) the new slim doesn't fit . The case is to small :/
When did you redeem and when was expiration? I'll probably take a run at it if they'll last until TLOU Remastered hits in June.

When did you redeem and when was expiration? I'll probably take a run at it if they'll last until TLOU Remastered hits in June.
I think I redeemed them back in mid March . I planned on getting the oled version but all the stores in my area had fazed them out already. The coupons had a may 30 expiration so you have about 2 and a half months or so to use them .

:ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition $25

:ps4: Need for Speed Rivals $23

Used the trade promotion to pick up MLB 14 The Show for :ps4:

I'm regretting trading in DW8XL:CE so soon but since Tecmo Koei have decided not to patch the game in the US, I would rather get the Steam version instead (the PS4 version of DW8XL:CE has annoying fog in the background).

Ugh alright I gotta get in on this. The coupon applies an extra 10% from the base value right? So if a game had a tiv of $25 you'd get $12.5 (bonus) + $2.5 (PUR) + $2.5 (coupon) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back