OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334650-gamestop-trade-in-values-xxvi-values-available-on-ios-app-upcoming-50-bonus-with-coupon/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

None Currently.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
i got turned down trying to trade in the mlb 2k14 and nba 2k14 from the combo pack. i had them each in their own case, he said the print at the bottom was fuzzy and should be clear. i guess he was basically accusing me of trying to trade in pirated games with fake cd covers. i was pissed but he actually did me a favor as they were out of amazon gift cards anyway. probably had a note on my account about cancelling preorders. i told them last time no reason to pick these games up for full MSRP when i can get them for 20% off at best buy.

i got turned down trying to trade in the mlb 2k14 and nba 2k14 from the combo pack. i had them each in their own case, he said the print at the bottom was fuzzy and should be clear. i guess he was basically accusing me of trying to trade in pirated games with fake cd covers. i was pissed but he actually did me a favor as they were out of amazon gift cards anyway. probably had a note on my account about cancelling preorders. i told them last time no reason to pick these games up for full MSRP when i can get them for 20% off at best buy.
You didn't want to trade them in disc-only?

I'd do it if only because I could see Second Son being $39.99 MSRP within a month or two, plus that's the most credit you'll ever get for it. And anyway, don't you have other systems/games you could play for 11 days?
Yeah, $46 for a month+ old PS4 game is insane. You're not gonna beat that.

Perhaps his GS is one that does refurb fees on disc-only games?
Then in that case, I'd suggest ritchardf ask if his store plans to charge less for it, then when the employee says "no", pick a random (the newer, the better) generic-cased used game off the shelf and ask if whoever traded that in was given less because he didn't have the case.

My point is that refurb fees only apply to disc damage, NOT missing components.

im not explaining this right, it was the artwork on the blu ray itself. i had them in empty cases. he said the writing at the bottom of the blu ray was blurry or something like that.
Huh, that's weird. Assuming they sold the combo pack themselves, you could ask him to check the discs in one of their copies (yeah, I know the pack is listed as New online, but we all know that means it could still be gutted in-store :roll:).

Huh, that's weird. Assuming they sold the combo pack themselves, you could ask him to check the discs in one of their copies (yeah, I know the pack is listed as New online, but we all know that means it could still be gutted in-store :roll:).
yeah, i didnt even think of that. i might go in and buy one and then return it and accuse them of piracy. for me it was just another reason why im done with them. my PUR pro ends in june and the only reason i go there is to move GS credit to amazon credit anyway.

There's no way to really put a "note" on your account. It's really all up to what they talk about, maybe they shared amongst themselves that this guy came and cancelled a bunch of pre orders and had the balls to say BB was better.. I find that funny lol, your point is true though.

Traded in Dark Souls 2 for 360 yesterday.

:360: Dark Souls 2 - $25 ($42.50 after 70%)

Pretty good considering I bought the game for 35 a while back at BB, then with that whole glitch I got the CE for about $48.

I want to trade-in Ryse. Is there a difference between the normal edition and the day one edition?

I figure that Ryse will be a Games with Gold at some point so I might as well go ahead and trade it in.

:ps3:

MGS HD Collection - $6

LBP 2 SE - $8

Beyond: Two Souls -$14

God of War Saga - $7

Dark Souls - $7

RE5 Gold - $4

AC Brotherhood - $1

Syndicate - $1.50

AC Revelations - $1

LBP GOTY - $2

3D Dot Game Heroes - $2

:360:

Forza 4 - $12

Far Cry 2 - $1.50

Crysis 2 - $0.80

Crysis 3 - $3

Dead Space - $2

Splinter Cell Blacklist - $6

:ps4:

Lego Marvel Super Hero - $20

AC IV - $23

:wiiu:

Pikmin 3 - $25

I have Battlefield 4 for PS4 the front post says its going for "Battlefield 4 - $22 (5/5/14)" does that mean that that is the base price ? Will it add another 50% onto that making it a total of $33 for trade in value ?

I have Battlefield 4 for PS4 the front post says its going for "Battlefield 4 - $22 (5/5/14)" does that mean that that is the base price ? Will it add another 50% onto that making it a total of $33 for trade in value ?
Yes. $22 was the base price on 5/5/14. It will be $33 after 50% or more with PUR and/or coupon assuming the value is still the same as it was on 5/5.

I was thinking of trading it myself before sunday, will you post the tiv if you end up trading it?

what day does the cod promo start ? imma snag some 15$ skyward swords and flip em lol

off topic: did my new sig come out ok ? first time editing it in months lol
Where are you finding skyward for $15? Lol.

Was going to joke how there's no way you're "currently playing" all those games, then realized it's cuz it's hard to tell where your "recently beaten" section starts...

Didn't went wild like the 1st banned from the i flips but learned today name is back on the DM ban list. Going to try a different district tomorrow to see if able to trade in like last time, if not, thanks for the good time GS. At least only had 3 games and 1 console left.
What? English please.

Anyone know what the best deal to trade in an Vita 1000 is right now? I'm hoping to upgrade to the Vita 2000. Thanks!

Today

South Park: Stick of Truth - $23

$39.70, surprised to get so much for it after all bonuses. Paid $27.xx for that and DS2:BA Edition during the BB glitch. BB basically paid me $12 to beat South Park and get a free copy of DS2.

Just got back from trading some games and a AWD PS4 in. The guy was completely clueless about every promo except the 50% on games. Oddly enough, he bit on the GI 10% stack. I ended up only getting 302.50(incl. 27.50 bonus) for my PS4. I would've made a stink about it, but that's more than what I paid for it(296) a month ago.

Just got back from trading some games and a AWD PS4 in. The guy was completely clueless about every promo except the 50% on games. Oddly enough, he bit on the GI 10% stack. I ended up only getting 302.50(incl. 27.50 bonus) for my PS4. I would've made a stink about it, but that's more than what I paid for it(296) a month ago.
Yeah, sometimes its not worth it to go back and argue,

the people that do it for only a couple dollars is extremely laughable.

Do you even value your time? lol

The $ of coupon stack still works, but the coupons I ordered last night have @)@(@:& 5/31 expiration dates. Less than a month!

I'm tempted to call CS and ask for the points back. There's nothing I'll use $35 in coupons on until TLOU Remastered in June.

That price seems good, ps4 trade in at $275 plus 10% (27.50). What u should have done is do two different trade in. The 50% only applies to games.

5/09/14

Madden 25- $15

XB1

Ryse: Son of Rome- $17

PS3

The Last of Us- $14

That price seems good, ps4 trade in at $275 plus 10% (27.50). What u should have done is do two different trade in. The 50% only applies to games.
I tried to do a separate trade to get the 40% toward Mario Kart 8, but the guy there said the store wasn't doing that one anymore with systems. Ironically enough, the store also had the old 50% toward Preowned signs up, but of course, that was expired too. Kinda crappy store.

I tried to do a separate trade to get the 40% toward Mario Kart 8, but the guy there said the store wasn't doing that one anymore with systems. Ironically enough, the store also had the old 50% toward Preowned signs up, but of course, that was expired too. Kinda crappy store.
oh man, you got jacked out of another 30% for PO select titles. I'm going in with paying off Watch Dogs with the AWD PS4 that's in route. Of course, that presumes it works long enough for them to check it... :whistle2:

Which bonus trade-ins work for hardware right now? Does the extra 30% for putting it towards a preorder work? What about that 10% coupon from GI?

Yeah, sometimes its not worth it to go back and argue,

the people that do it for only a couple dollars is extremely laughable.

Do you even value your time? lol
Don't forget the people that claim they will go back just to show the employee a receipt from another Gamestop.

5/9

:wii:
EA Create - $1

:wiiu:
Pikmin 3 - $25

:360:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - $15

I can't believe AC IV actually went up since I traded one for the 30% promo last week. Oh well... I didn't trade Create. They sell it used for $9.99 so I was expecting a few more bucks than that.

I was trying to sell Pikmin 3 on eBay in preparation for getting it digitally with Mario Kart. But I had very few looks at $45 shipped (for a like new copy). I got $42.50 for it at GS so that was better anyway.

Like so many others, the clerk was hesitant to take the GI coupon, even though I got the actual one from the magazine and didn't try to pull one over on him with a copy/printout/code only. But once he scanned it and it worked he was OK with it.

So in the end I got $68 which more than pays for my Mario Kart 8 preorder and all I had to give up was my physical copy of Pikmin 3 (I'll get the digital version back with MK) and an $11 AC IV from Best Buy. Not bad.

Not gonna lie, I was tempted to try my receipt somewhere else too. lol
If you are actually losing out on a worthwhile amount of money, then there's nothing wrong with trying another store or complaining/arguing about it. I just think it's funny when some people will get shut down at one store, get accepted at a different store, then go back to the first store just to rub the receipt in their face. What a waste of time.

Speaking of the magazine and coupon inside. Is there a way to still get the print magazine if you are currently getting digital? I think I remember someone mention it, but I'm not sure. I've never read a single digital magazine from them, but used to occasionally read the print version before they started doing digital.

Don't forget the people that claim they will go back just to show the employee a receipt from another Gamestop.
Don't forget the guy who said he was going to go back in and beat up an GS employee for messing up his trade. LOL, we never heard from him again. He's doing time somewhere.

If you are actually losing out on a worthwhile amount of money, then there's nothing wrong with trying another store or complaining/arguing about it. I just think it's funny when some people will get shut down at one store, get accepted at a different store, then go back to the first store just to rub the receipt in their face. What a waste of time.

Speaking of the magazine and coupon inside. Is there a way to still get the print magazine if you are currently getting digital? I think I remember someone mention it, but I'm not sure. I've never read a single digital magazine from them, but used to occasionally read the print version before they started doing digital.
I have to believe the number of people that petty is small. I hope.

Vita:
Batman Arkham Origins: Black Gate $7

PS3:
Deadpool $7

$23.80 after bonus. Preordered Tales of Hearts for the Vita because it is a Gamestop Exclusive.

Anyone know if GS has a limit on the number of Kindle cards you can buy? I have about 450 in credit after trades and I'm thinking on cashing it out for Kindle cards and a Steam card (for the summer sale) or two.

[quote name="azngtlman" post="11746759" timestamp="1399673478"]$4.00 ($6.80 after bonuses)[/quote]I just called and the lady said $8

[quote name="azngtlman" post="11746759" timestamp="1399673478"]$4.00 ($6.80 after bonuses)[/quote]I just called and the lady said $8

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back