OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334650-gamestop-trade-in-values-xxvi-values-available-on-ios-app-upcoming-50-bonus-with-coupon/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

None Currently.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
since i want the full 120$ for my vita im considering trading it in with my ps4 towards an xbox one. then i exchange the xbox one for a new ps4. then i trade in the head set. this way i get the full 120$ for the vita and not take any hit at all...... oh and i get a ton of pur points :D

6-11-14 Trades

PS3 -

Battlefield 4 - $15

Rayman Legends - $10

PS4 -

Fifa 14 - $25

Vita -

MLB 14 The Show - $14

XBone - 

Fifa 14 - $25

360 -

Rayman Legends - $14

Wii U -

Rayman Legends - $12

Cashed in on Assassin's Creed IV and COD Ghosts too, but those values are already posted on this page.

For those hoping to trade your PS3 or 360 in for the $150 towards the Destiny bundle I'd suggest doing so sooner than later. I just went to my local GS to trade my PS3 in towards it and when I asked the guy if I could put the $150 promo towards the preorder he just kind of stared at me and said he was just told he'd lose his job if he did it for another customer. I was told he gave a guy the credit towards the bundle earlier today and then talked to his manager who said it should only be valid if you're purchasing a PS4 then and there and was instructed to not do it again.

I took it to the next closest GS right after and walked in and said I wanted to put it towards the Destiny bundle without mentioning the promo. It rung up at $97.50 and I then pulled the promo up on my phone (which he was unaware of) and he manually overrid it to give me the $150.

Ended up with $173 towards the Destiny bundle PS4 for a slim 250 PS3, The Last of Us, and GTAV.

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $17

:xb1:

Assassin's Creed took a nose dive for those who are trying to part with it. I recommend trading it into BB instead.[/quote]

Yup, was pretty bummed it wasn't the $23 it was a couple days ago.

use the 30% coupon code posted in the target 15$ off thread. with pur its the same as the e3 promo and you wont have to worry abiut canceling a pre order to get the credit back
Link? Cuz I'm searching for it as we speak, they talk about it but can't find the pic lol

EDIT: Found it.

Here.

Sucks that it says only games so may as well do the preorder thing as I have some accessories.

That 30% bonus coupon works with more than one game on a single transaction, right?

And lol at GS: they just sent me an email about what i'm missing out on because I didn't renew my PUR Pro subscription... when I renewed it last Saturday.

Today I tried to trade two games and get the E3 bonus. The girl said to get the bonus, I needed to pre-order something from a list she printed. So I chose Mortal Kombat X and said $5 down. I was also going to renew my PUR membership and add the remaining credit (~$17) to a trade card to use later because the game I wanted to buy wasn't in stock. She wouldn't let me add the balance to a card--said I needed to buy something now or apply the remainder to the Mortal Kombat X pre-order if I wanted the E3 bonus.

That didn't sound right to me. Anyone with more knowledge of how the system works know if she was correct or just being a bit...overzealous?

Today I tried to trade two games and get the E3 bonus. The girl said to get the bonus, I needed to pre-order something from a list she printed. So I chose Mortal Kombat X and said $5 down. I was also going to renew my PUR membership and add the remaining credit (~$17) to a trade card to use later because the game I wanted to buy wasn't in stock. She wouldn't let me add the balance to a card--said I needed to buy something now or apply the remainder to the Mortal Kombat X pre-order if I wanted the E3 bonus.

That didn't sound right to me. Anyone with more knowledge of how the system works know if she was correct or just being a bit...overzealous?
Unfortunately the latter

:ps4:

:xb1:

Assassin's Creed took a nose dive for those who are trying to part with it. I recommend trading it into BB instead.

Yup, was pretty bummed it wasn't the $23 it was a couple days ago.
[/QUOTE]Yes it was. I traded it in Sunday and got $23.

Hmmm need to find the best way to get the white ps4 bundle but with as little time away from my current ps4 as possible.

If I can dump ps3 in the 150 deal, then sell my current ps4 close to launch?

Well, I'm pleased as punch with my most recent trade-ins.

Traded in my PS4, a few games, my old Aqua Blue 3DS, and Vita/paperweight. In return, I got: 

- Kinect-less Xbox One

- $150 in AMZ gift cards

- Paid for the Dragon Age Inquisition CE

- Red Dead Redemption GOTY

- XB1 Charge and play kit

Plus a few bucks of leftover credit on my card.

Very happy with my haul indeed. Dealt with the store manager who was extremely helpful and chill, so he's getting a glowing review. Very happy I took advantage of those promotions. 

a print out is fine too lol. i just use the picture because the employees take the printed out coupon sometimes and thats annoying when you are doing multiple trade ins in a single day
Lol its good to see that the coupon I posted is working for others. Did you try the code on multiple games in the same trade in and get it to work? I haven't really had a chance to use it yet but i plan to by the end of the week.

Also i made a thread for anyone who is looking for the coupon still I think its like 3 pages back now. When i get a chance i will try to upload another better picture of the coupon.

So does the multiple $ off coupon glitch (only the highest value coupon disappears) still work? If so does it work for all the denominations or only certain ones? I'm wanting to use it for a PlayStation 4 so any advice would be be helpful. I have just over 100,000 points. Thanks.

Well, I'm pleased as punch with my most recent trade-ins.

Traded in my PS4, a few games, my old Aqua Blue 3DS, and Vita/paperweight. In return, I got:

- Kinect-less Xbox One

- $150 in AMZ gift cards

- Paid for the Dragon Age Inquisition CE

- Red Dead Redemption GOTY

- XB1 Charge and play kit

Plus a few bucks of leftover credit on my card.

Very happy with my haul indeed. Dealt with the store manager who was extremely helpful and chill, so he's getting a glowing review. Very happy I took advantage of those promotions.
Which promo(s) did you use? Curious as to how you got such nice prices.

Which promo(s) did you use? Curious as to how you got such nice prices.
Got the 50% on console trade-in bonus for the Vita/3DS/PS4. And the manager applied the 40% bonus to my games since I put a deposit down on :xb1: Dragon Age Inquisition. One transaction. Easy peasy on my end. Definitely the best experience I've had at GS.

Lol its good to see that the coupon I posted is working for others. Did you try the code on multiple games in the same trade in and get it to work? I haven't really had a chance to use it yet but i plan to by the end of the week.

Also i made a thread for anyone who is looking for the coupon still I think its like 3 pages back now. When i get a chance i will try to upload another better picture of the coupon.
ive used the coupon on multiple (and boy i mean multiple) pairs of cod/ass creed that ive traded in across nyc gamestops and it works on all games in the same transaction :D

So does the multiple $ off coupon glitch (only the highest value coupon disappears) still work? If so does it work for all the denominations or only certain ones? I'm wanting to use it for a PlayStation 4 so any advice would be be helpful. I have just over 100,000 points. Thanks.
It was reported to work about a week ago. The only ones that work are the $xx off any Gamestop item coupons. The ones for used items will not work. Use the $50, $25, $10, $5 coupons.

Then with the 10,000 points you have left over buy me a 25% off used games Steal of the Week coupon.

Got the 50% on console trade-in bonus for the Vita/3DS/PS4. And the manager applied the 40% bonus to my games since I put a deposit down on :xb1: Dragon Age Inquisition. One transaction. Easy peasy on my end. Definitely the best experience I've had at GS.
So he gave you the 50% boost on every console? People say the system won't allow it, so how did that work?

It was reported to work about a week ago. The only ones that work are the $xx off any Gamestop item coupons. The ones for used items will not work. Use the $50, $25, $10, $5 coupons.

Then with the 10,000 points you have left over buy me a 25% off used games Steal of the Week coupon.
thanks for the info.

So I am really wanting to get a Wii U and here is what I'm thinking:

4 or 5 XBOX 360 phats (Thinking of trading one system per store to avoid paranoid cashier's or managers) $100 each for original XBOX 360's

I have a Wii - $50 credit towards purchase of a Wii U.

I know it maybe YMMV, but if I used credit towards a PS4, would I have to purchase one then or tell them I want to use the credit bonus towards the preorder for the Destiny bundle ? Maybe cancel the preorder if that's the case and get an extra $50 towards the purchase of a Wii U. I mainly only have my Wii as it is for Gamecube games and can pickup another Wii on craigslist or a garage sale for cheap later on.

I wouldn't do that because the system is almost certain to get suspicious as to why you've traded so many consoles for pre-orders, then canceled them. If you have PUR, you're destined to be flagged, if not banned.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but I was able to trade a system towards something from e3 for an extra 30%. I was told this at one store and later was able to do this at another without a hitch. I (supposedly) had to pay a game off so I traded my system with the rest of my games in one transaction and reserved Prof Layton 3ds for 32. YMMV, but may be good for those not wanting to return rebuy or preorder cancel.

Values as of 6/11
PS3 Uncharted 3 $1.50
Xbox 360 fat model w/ wireless controller $40

Traded in a Xbox 360 250Gb for $150 towards a PS4. Got the PS4, gonna return in tomorrow morning. Just gonna say my girlfriend is making me return it LOL. Hopefully they put 250 back on CC & $150 store credit.(on the receipt it shows $95 promo will i still get $150 GC back) Then gonna trade in PS3 for $150 at diff location & use $150 GC to buy a PS4 for keeps. Anyone else traded & returned?

It's pretty YMMV on getting the 30% extra trade in for a $5 down when you trade-in.

It's supposed to be that you get the 30% only if you trade the entire order towards the game reservation, but it's entirely up to the discretion of the employee. It's just a barcode that can be scanned into the system when you preorder, so its up to them to ring it up.

Traded in a Xbox 360 250Gb for $150 towards a PS4. Got the PS4, gonna return in tomorrow morning. Just gonna say my girlfriend is making me return it LOL. Hopefully they put 250 back on CC & $150 store credit.(on the receipt it shows $95 promo will i still get $150 GC back) Then gonna trade in PS3 for $150 at diff location & use $150 GC to buy a PS4 for keeps. Anyone else traded & returned?
Yep, did it this week. Probably going to put $50 down on the Destiny bundle to ease my conscience...ah who am I kidding, I don't have any boundries...I'm here aren't I? O:)

It's pretty YMMV on getting the 30% extra trade in for a $5 down when you trade-in.

It's supposed to be that you get the 30% only if you trade the entire order towards the game reservation, but it's entirely up to the discretion of the employee. It's just a barcode that can be scanned into the system when you preorder, so its up to them to ring it up.
from my experience I had to put the whole extra 30 on the preorder I got the base and pur on a trade card. I cancelled the preorder when I went for mario kart though no questions asked so its pretty easy

I have a PS4 I am trying to trade towards a Wii U + games. What's the best way to take advantage of these 50% trades?

Could I trade my PS4 for a kinectless Xbox One, return the Xbox One, and get the $399 back on a gift card to put towards Wii U + games?

I am wondering if the 50% bonus I would get for the "Trade in any system for Xbox One" will get deducted from my return.

Looked in the OP for any limits for trade-ins and didn't find anything. I know it's YMMV for trading in two copies of a game (two Knack's for example), but what is the max limit in doing so if you can trade off a copy at another GameStop (3 like Best Buy or more than that)? I don't want to get banned is all :O

Looked in the OP for any limits for trade-ins and didn't find anything. I know it's YMMV for trading in two copies of a game (two Knack's for example), but what is the limit in doing so if you can trade off a copy at another GameStop? I don't want to get banned is all :O
As long as you don't end up trading 4-5 copies total in a short amount of time, there's nothing wrong with trading two copies of a game at two Gamestops, one copy at each.

Confused on the gamestop Web site the Xbox one trade in value is 344 with promotional bonus which looks like the 30% e3 preorder one but isn't that games and accessories only

Is a PS4 on the list for the extra 40% if I'm trading in games and accessories towards something featured at E3?  Or am I going to have to pre-order a game to get the 40% bump for my games when I trade in my Vita?

Have a non motion plus Wii and a phat 250 gb 360 with an extra controller. How close and what's the best eat to get a WiiU. Any pointers in the right direction would be great.

Thanks

Is a PS4 on the list for the extra 40% if I'm trading in games and accessories towards something featured at E3? Or am I going to have to pre-order a game to get the 40% bump for my games when I trade in my Vita?
Would have to trade towards the White Destiny bundle to get the extra 40%. However, you have to put $100 down to pre-order a console. Just pre-order a CE copy of The Witcher 3 or some other CE and move credit later.

Can't decide if I want to hold my ps4 or trade for the white bundle. Tough decisions.
I'm thinking about this also because there aren't many games coming out between now and then and I could use it as an excuse to tackle some of my PS3 backlog. It's tempting, but I have a feeling there will also be some good trade deals closer to the September release date. They had some good promos around that time last year. The TIV might not be as good as they are now, but the difference probably isn't worth 3 months without the system even if I don't play it much. I also don't want to miss out on 2 months of PS+ games.

Have a non motion plus Wii and a phat 250 gb 360 with an extra controller. How close and what's the best eat to get a WiiU. Any pointers in the right direction would be great.

Thanks
If you can, I'd use 2 GameStop locations, and follow the same procedure at both (hopefully they don't communicate with each other).

Try to get the guaranteed $100 on a trade for a PS4. If they let you get it as a Destiny bundle pre-order, do that. Cancel it to get credit back a few days later (try to go when a different employee than the first is working there). Do this with both GameStops (getting $100 for the Wii and $150 on the 360), and you should come out with $250 in credit. You should end up with a Wii U for $70 or so, after tax.

I'd recommend the Mario Kart 8 bundle, ad it is only $30 more and comes with a $60 game and a $40 controller. The $300 bundle comes with a $60 game and a $30 game, but if I'm being honest, I regret getting that bundle because Super Luigi U is pretty stupid. I thought that the MK8 bundle was just the console and the game, not realizing you got the Mario controller with it as well.

The guy I talked to a couple of days ago said they'd start taking them soon, but not yet. I would imagine they give $30 and sell for $100, just a guess.

Looks like the 50% trade in bonus does not apply to the White PS4 pre-order. According to the gamestop employee I just tried to trade with, he said you have to walk out the door with something for the 50% to kick.

Which leads me to my next question.

If I trade towards a Xbox One with a trade-in promotion, and return the Xbox One, do I get the 50% bonus back on a gift card, or do I end up getting the base value of my trades back?

PS4 trade in /w 50% promo towards Xbox One = $390.xx.

PS4 base value = $265.

Just wondering if I trade for Xbox One and return, do I get the $265 on a GC or the $390.xx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back