Olevia 32" HDTV 232V - $499.99 Memorial Day Sale CC + 10% off

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I don't own this set of any Olevia TV, but most CAGS, and the folks over at AVS Forum share the opinion that Olevia's are ok for a "cheap" TV but don't expect fantastic picture or build quality.

That said if this thing had a QAM tuner I'd be all over it. This set is a step up from the Olevia 332v set that is often on sale for ~$500, but most of the 3-series sets don't have tuners at all.

They usually discount this tv to $500 once a month or so. Even if you miss out on this "deal" you'll still be able to get it for that price again soon anyways. Check the AVS forums, and the thread on this tv, it's got a lot of information on people's experience with this tv. Remember, you get what you pay for, don't expect something on the caliber of a Sharp, Samsung or Panasonic.

bought this in january for $600, at $500 it's a no-brainer. my setup:

360 over DVI
Windows XP MCE over HDMI
OTA tuner for HDTV

both look great at 720p.

pros:

price
weight (40lbs)
picture is comparable to more expensive sets
built in HD tuner
audio out

cons:

only goes up to 720p
only one HDMI input
speakers are cheap, i recommend hooking up to a separate audio source
remote is even cheaper

[quote name='gatchaboy']bought this in january for $600, at $500 it's a no-brainer. my setup:

360 over DVI
Windows XP MCE over HDMI
OTA tuner for HDTV

both look great at 720p.

pros:

price
weight (40lbs)
picture is comparable to more expensive sets
built in HD tuner
audio out

cons:

only goes up to 720p
only one HDMI input
speakers are cheap, i recommend hooking up to a separate audio source
remote is even cheaper[/quote]

Good to know this drops to 500 everynow and then...maybe I'll hold off.

Yours has a HD tuner? I believe the I posted does not.

We sell alot of electronics on Ebay and I've had 2 37" & 1 42" come thru. I can tell you they are cheaply made. The 42" had power problems which seems to be a common issue after some searching. You have to hit the power button 3~4 times to get a picture to come up. The 6500 color pallet was also messed up on the 42" and the only color setting that would work was neutral. One of the 37" worked fine when we tested. After it arrived at buyers house it was DOA apparently. Power refused to come on. Shipped TV back to us and its still sitting in our stock room. Power doesn't want to work. The other 37" seems to be doing fine. Buyer was happy with it but still seems to be alot more trouble then they are worth. Take it or leave it but thats my experience with Olevia LCDs. Honestly I wouldn't buy one for my house unless it was absolutely the only thing I could afford.

I actually bought an Olevia 232v not to long ago and love it. It does have a HD tuner for those that want HD off the air. It also has QAM apparently as I'm picking up digitals channels from Comcast as channel 81.1, 81.2, 81.3, etc.

Totally worth $500. My only complaint is the crappy remote and the blue LED when the tv is off. However, this thing looks damn great with my Xbox 360.

[quote name='Deathmonkey']
That said if this thing had a QAM tuner I'd be all over it. [/QUOTE]

It does have a QAM tuner.

[quote name='valor19']It does have a QAM tuner.[/QUOTE]

It's not list on the Olevia website so it might be for certain production runs, I still might check it out.

i just bought one today because of this deal and so far love it. TV quality is ok but I dont have HD programming yet but my 360 looks amazing.

Olevia... :cry:

I would suggest you go to Circuit City and compare it to any other brand. I found the difference to be night and day.

Olevia... :cry:

I would suggest you go to Circuit City and compare it to any other brand. I found the difference to be night and day.

Sometimes store displays are intentionally made to look worse to encourage consumers to buy higher end models.

bread's done
Back