Olevia 55" 1080p LCD HDTV - $1300 @ CompUSA.com

Tiger seems to like hiding behind the CompUSA brand. The hotel where we're setting up for an evening press event releated to CES has Tiger/CompUSA's sales rep meeting down the hall. The signage has CompUSA in type three times larger than than the Tiger Direct part. Gorgeous model holding the sign but her legs are inhumanly thin. It looks bizarre, even if she is hot.

[quote name='turls']For those that don't know, CompUSA is actually Tiger now.[/quote]And also, for those that don't know, Syntax-Brillian/Olevia is going through Chap 11 restructuring, so keep that in mind.

I own a 537H and have been very happy with it, up until they went Chap 11.

[quote name='phear3d']Spam?[/quote]

No, not spam, at all. I sometimes post up deals that include LCD's and XBox's, as well as deals on just tv's because many folks want to play games on the best screen possible. That's all.

[quote name='shrike4242']And also, for those that don't know, Syntax-Brillian/Olevia is going through Chap 11 restructuring, so keep that in mind.

I own a 537H and have been very happy with it, up until they went Chap 11.[/quote]

Does this mean they wouldn't support warranties, should something go wrong?

A little too big for my new place, and that 10ms response time leaves something to be desired. Great price, though, for the size.

[quote name='Telemakhos']Does this mean they wouldn't support warranties, should something go wrong?[/quote]Depends on who you ask. They say they will, though I've heard other people be told that any extended warranties bought through them are null and void. Which my TV has on it.

Regardless, I wanted to put it out there so people would do some homework before jumping into a purchase from a manufacturer that was in the middle of Chap 11 issues.

bread's done
Back