omg YES

Miguel B

CAGiversary!
So, the dude that lives next to me moved awhile ago. (Duke, if you're wondering) and he lived with his grandma. Guy had a HUGE collection of video games. PS1/2, XBox, GameCube etc.. And he says he just doesn't want to take it all with him. So he leaves them with his grandma. But, he's been gone for about three months and his grandma decided to sell all of it. And her, knowing nothing about video games, has a huge yard sale. (This was Saturday) and me, living right next to her, was able to get there first thing. She has everything spread out on about six tables, and even more in boxes. He had some good and rare shit too. So I say "How much for all of it?" And she gives me this "WTF" look. Then she says "Oh I don't know...how about..." then she hesitates for a while and I say "I'll give you $450 for all of it." Then she says "That sounds about right." So I get out my checkbook and write up a check for $450. In the end this is what I got.

PSX:
PSTwo (slim)
Three Controllers + MultiTap
King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact
King Of Fighters: 2002/2003
King Of Fighters: 2000/2001
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Capcom Fighting Evolution
Guilty Gear X
Capcom vs. SNK
Capcom vs. SNK PRO
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Madden 2000-2005
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Star Wars BattleFront
Chaos Legion
The Bouncer
Kingdom Hearts
NCAA Football 2005
Nascar 2004
NFL 2K3-2K5
Jak 3
God Of War
Grand Theft Auto: III - San Andreas
Gran Turismo 1-4

XBOX:
XBox
2 Controllers
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Madden 2002-2005
Morrowind: GOTY
NFL 2K5
Def Jam: FFNY
NFL Street
Street Hoops
Colin McRae Rally

GameCube:
GameCube
2 Controllers
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Animal Crossing

GBX:
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance
GameBoy Advance SP
All the pokemon games including the Pinball, TCG, Puzzle
Street Fighter Alpha, 3
Guilty Gear Advance
Super Mario Deluxe
Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga

There are a lot LOT more.. just gotta go through them

That my friend is a great haul. Just the systems alone would run you about $450. Just want to be the first to say that you need to go through all of it and share some love by selling or trading some of that find with your friendly CAGers.

I....hate...you...

Just kidding! That is an awesome haul. I would be so pissed if my grandmother sold my entire collection... That guy is going to be so pissed when he comes back. You might want to think about moving. ;)

Have a camera ready for when he comes home to find his stash completely vaporized. ;)

Reminds me of the deleted scene in "High Fidelity" where the angry wife tries to sell off her husband's monumental singles collection for $50. :lol:

If she knows you live next door, your going to get your ass beat if he comes back. Don't really need to see pictures of your haul, but the ass beating would be great to see. Post those please.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Am I the only one who would have shot for $300 then worked my way up if needs be? Sure its a great deal either way but I bet she'd have gone lower.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, lowball first then work my way up. Not that 450 isn't lowballing but dammit make it a deal nobody can argue about !

Wow... nice grab. Hope you can put that stash in a nice hiding place in case that guy comes back to beat the crap out of whoever bought his stuff...

Watch this dude come back looking for his stuff and his Grandma saying "I sold it to that fellow next door" and he comes to your house looking for his stuff. Get ready with your "What?! Your gramma must be crazy" face ;)

[quote name='howlinmad']If she knows you live next door, your going to get your ass beat if he comes back. Don't really need to see pictures of your haul, but the ass beating would be great to see. Post those please.[/QUOTE]

yea unless the grandma does not recognize you. So she will just tell him that she sold it to some random guy.

This will be fun to own until he comes back....cause you know he's going to ask for all of it back.

I think I've got about three months or so until he visits again.

That should be enough time to move..

ps: OMG FINAL FANTASY 1

This whole deal just makes me feel uneasy. It was certainly a good deal, but with you knowing the back story and living right next door, this isn't going to end without some confrontation.

I'm laughing my head off at this thread and people's posts and thinking what a lucky bastard. So, as I sometimes do, I show this thread to my wife and she laughs but then says "he took advantage of the grandma next door?"

I say, "well, it wasn't his fault. What could he do about it?"

She says, "If you came home with this stuff from a grandma living down the street, I'd say go back and tell her what the games are worth and tell her to call her grandson about selling them."

Women ruin everything with their logic :)

The crippling image for me is that she going to tell him "I got rid of all that junk for you" and hand him the $450 with a smile like she made a killing . . . how the hell is this guy going to handle this? Yell at his grandma? Suck it up and thank her?

To the OP, did you know the guy?

Don't shit where you eat. It's not worth the awkwardness for the rest of the time you are living there and you have to see this guy... or maybe it is - that's a pretty good haul.

i dont understand why everyone thinks your gonna get your ass beat. This guy owes you big time. That old lady could have goten taken advantage of by someone else and he never would have seen his stuff again. You did him a favor. After he thanks you, then he will beat your ass.

OKAY

Just went over there and asked for his number. So she gives it to me and I call him. here's the convo:

Me: Hey Josh, sup?
Josh: Hey man, nothing much. What do you need?
Me: I was over at your house on Saturday, and get this, your grandma was selling all your games
Josh: Oh I know, I told her to
Me: Really?
Josh: Yeah.
Me: How much did you tell her to get for it?
Josh: I didn't, I just wanted her to sell it
Me: Oh, how much did you expect to get for all of it?
Josh: I dunno, at least $300. I know there are some good titles in there, but I just wanted to get rid of it.
Me: Okay, good.
Josh: Why?
Me: Cause I bought it all for $450.
Josh:Oh, that's good.
Me: You okay with it?
Josh: Yeah, I just didn't expect much for it.
Me: Um, are you sure? I read somewhere that the systems alone could go for $450.
Josh: Yeah I don't care. My grandma is keeping the money anyway.
Me: Oh, that's cool. I was scared you'd kick my ass or something.
Josh: Hah, nah.
Me: Just checking, see ya.

so yah LOOKS LIKE I GOOD

btw, im thinking about trading all this shit into GameStop or elsewhere. ;x

[quote name='Miguel B']So, the dude that lives next to me moved awhile ago. (Duke, if you're wondering) and he lived with his grandma. Guy had a HUGE collection of video games. PS1/2, XBox, GameCube etc.. And he says he just doesn't want to take it all with him. So he leaves them with his grandma. But, he's been gone for about three months and his grandma decided to sell all of it. And her, knowing nothing about video games, has a huge yard sale. (This was Saturday) and me, living right next to her, was able to get there first thing. She has everything spread out on about six tables, and even more in boxes. He had some good and rare shit too. So I say "How much for all of it?" And she gives me this "WTF" look. Then she says "Oh I don't know...how about..." then she hesitates for a while and I say "I'll give you $450 for all of it." Then she says "That sounds about right." So I get out my checkbook and write up a check for $450. In the end this is what I got.

PSX:
PSTwo (slim)
Three Controllers + MultiTap
King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact
King Of Fighters: 2002/2003
King Of Fighters: 2000/2001
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Capcom Fighting Evolution
Guilty Gear X
Capcom vs. SNK
Capcom vs. SNK PRO
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Madden 2000-2005
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Star Wars BattleFront
Chaos Legion
The Bouncer
Kingdom Hearts
NCAA Football 2005
Nascar 2004
NFL 2K3-2K5
Jak 3
God Of War
Grand Theft Auto: III - San Andreas
Gran Turismo 1-4

XBOX:
XBox
2 Controllers
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Madden 2002-2005
Morrowind: GOTY
NFL 2K5
Def Jam: FFNY
NFL Street
Street Hoops
Colin McRae Rally

GameCube:
GameCube
2 Controllers
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Animal Crossing

GBX:
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance
GameBoy Advance SP
All the pokemon games including the Pinball, TCG, Puzzle
Street Fighter Alpha, 3
Guilty Gear Advance
Super Mario Deluxe
Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga

There are a lot LOT more.. just gotta go through them[/QUOTE]

You suck terribly. My neighbors are old people who don't know how to use a toaster.

Damn you got owned. You should go tell the grandma that she ripped you off and owes you $150.

Just kidding of course. Good to hear that you won't be answering the door to a sucker punch a few months down the line.

[quote name='Miguel B']btw, im thinking about trading all this shit into GameStop or elsewhere. ;x[/QUOTE]

Find a bomb shelter, soon. This thread is going to get messy if you meant that (which I don't realy think you did).

I'd be interested in Capcom vs. SNK 2 for PS2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3 for GBA if you were selling stuff.

Trading this stuff in would be pretty ridiculous. You just took $450 in actual cash and now your going to turn it into store credit? I don't get it, what are you going to buy with all the store credit if you don't want these games to begin with? I guess you could take a cash option, but by the time you do that you could have made a lot more on eBay or something. I guess I'm just not seeing the logic here.

[quote name='shipwreck']Trading this stuff in would be pretty ridiculous. You just took $450 in actual cash and now your going to turn it into store credit? I don't get it, what are you going to buy with all the store credit if you don't want these games to begin with? I guess you could take a cash option, but by the time you do that you could have made a lot more on eBay or something. I guess I'm just not seeing the logic here.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I think it is the sarcasm that you aren't seeing. ;)

[quote name='organicow']Actually, I think it is the sarcasm that you aren't seeing. ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess I missed his ;X. Sarcasm is a very difficult thing to convey on a message board, especially when it is a new user.

Awesome!:applause: Great find!

[quote name='Miguel B']OKAY

Just went over there and asked for his number. So she gives it to me and I call him. here's the convo:

Me: Hey Josh, sup?
Josh: Hey man, nothing much. What do you need?
Me: I was over at your house on Saturday, and get this, your grandma was selling all your games
Josh: Oh I know, I told her to
Me: Really?
Josh: Yeah.
Me: How much did you tell her to get for it?
Josh: I didn't, I just wanted her to sell it
Me: Oh, how much did you expect to get for all of it?
Josh: I dunno, at least $300. I know there are some good titles in there, but I just wanted to get rid of it.
Me: Okay, good.
Josh: Why?
Me: Cause I bought it all for $450.
Josh:Oh, that's good.
Me: You okay with it?
Josh: Yeah, I just didn't expect much for it.
Me: Um, are you sure? I read somewhere that the systems alone could go for $450.
Josh: Yeah I don't care. My grandma is keeping the money anyway.
Me: Oh, that's cool. I was scared you'd kick my ass or something.
Josh: Hah, nah.
Me: Just checking, see ya.

so yah LOOKS LIKE I GOOD

btw, im thinking about trading all this shit into GameStop or elsewhere. ;x[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shipwreck']Trading this stuff in would be pretty ridiculous. You just took $450 in actual cash and now your going to turn it into store credit? I don't get it, what are you going to buy with all the store credit if you don't want these games to begin with? I guess you could take a cash option, but by the time you do that you could have made a lot more on eBay or something. I guess I'm just not seeing the logic here.[/QUOTE]

I see the logic crystal clear. I doubt he means he's going to take it all in to GS . . . I sure hope not.

Were it me . . . I'd skim off the top stuff that I don't want and put it on ebay (systems and some big-score games) to get back the $450 that I spent right away.

Keep the stuff I want or will play someday.

Then trade some things in to get store credit to buy a new system next year. I'd target the odd games that don't sell for much but are PO at EB . . . they'll get $10 on trade deals.

Lemme get this out of the way:

NOTHING IS GOIN TO GAMESTOP

After I play and figure out which games I'm going to keep... everything is going on CAG and eBay

i am sorry if i am a doubter but clearly this guy would be a somewhat devoted gamer with all those games and the titles he chose. i dont see why he would suddenly decide to basically throw them all away. and there is no way u called the guy and he said he only expected $300. im calling bullshit, you are probably just listing your collection and drawing attention to yourself by saying "oh shit find of the year"

bread's done
Back