Omikron The Nomad Soul... PC or Dreamcast?

Machikunas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Playing the Indigo Prophecy PC demo has inspired me to seek out a copy of developer Quantic Dreams earlier effort, Omikron: The Nomad Soul. I see that it has been released for both PC and Dreamcast.

Any suggestions as to which I should pick up?

[quote name='Machikunas']Playing the Indigo Prophecy PC demo has inspired me to seek out a copy of developer Quantic Dreams earlier effort, Omikron: The Nomad Soul. I see that it has been released for both PC and Dreamcast.

Any suggestions as to which I should pick up?[/QUOTE]

The guys who made Indigo Prophecy made Omikron? I'm sooooo buying IP now. I'm a big fan of Omikron. As for the better version, I'd go with the PC version. I own the DC version and it's pretty good for the most part, but it has a lot of technical problems (skippy framerate, strange load times, annoying FPS action controls).

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to pick up IP as well. The demo was just... I dunno... a different kind of fun that I miss from the old Adventure gaming days.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll grab the PC version soon.

Omikron requires patience for real. I got sick of the game, but i might go back to it. The game was amazing. I still have the dreamcast version under my bed , i was thinking about trading it in, but who knows.

My brother has the PC version and it also has some small issues. I would still say PC due to the fact that the controls are nice. I havent played it for the Dreamcast but if the controls are like Shenmue's than go for PC version.

Edit : Now that I think about it I say go for the DC version because of compatibility issues. The game came out ion the Windows 95 days so you might have issues with XP.

bread's done
Back