[On Life Support] Gamestop Buy 2 Used, Get 1 Free YMMV - Starts tomorrow

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Been waiting to pick up those used games tomorrow's the day...talked to the folks at Gamestop around the corner and FINALLY their having another 2,1 sale....

As always, could vary from store to store...

Edit: Went to the Gamestop today to take them up on their offer, the sign was up out in front...they go into the computer...no deal posted. The temporary manager (3rd one in three months) makes some calls...makes some more calls.

Says they told him to put signs up at district meeting yesterday...still talking on phone.

It's buy 2 anime dvds get one free.

Yeah...okay...thanks. They still offered me the deal since they told me about it, but I was hoping to wait until payday on Friday. Oh well...

Your mileage may very. It means it'll be diffrent from store to store. I hope my Gamestop has it because I have like 40 dollars in credit there.

Your Mileage May VARY. It means that you have to incur the costs of getting to the store yourself, while for some it may be next door, for others it could be hundreds of miles. If you want to spend the gas to get to the far far away store, then your costs will be higher than that of someone 2 mins walk away.
Always factor in travelling into your purchases.
I see no need for YMMV. Why not just say YMMNV.

[quote name='Arakias']Your Mileage May VARY. It means that you have to incur the costs of getting to the store yourself, while for some it may be next door, for others it could be hundreds of miles. If you want to spend the gas to get to the far far away store, then your costs will be higher than that of someone 2 mins walk away.
I see no need for YMMV. Why not just say YMMNV.[/quote]

I don't know if that was meant as a joke or not, but that is not what it means. Yes it means "Your Mileage May VARY", but it is about figurative mileage, not literal mileage.

[quote name='Hair6a11']I.E. the deal isn't a guarantee at every store[/quote]

...hence, the YMMV. :D

I think I've just created a loop in this thread...we'll be repeating this same discussion for years. Oh well - at least it'll get my post count up. :)

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Arakias']Your Mileage May VARY. It means that you have to incur the costs of getting to the store yourself, while for some it may be next door, for others it could be hundreds of miles. If you want to spend the gas to get to the far far away store, then your costs will be higher than that of someone 2 mins walk away.
I see no need for YMMV. Why not just say YMMNV.[/quote]

I don't know if that was meant as a joke or not, but that is not what it means. Yes it means "Your Mileage May VARY", but it is about figurative mileage, not literal mileage.[/quote]

Ironic that it is much funnier if it isn't a joke. Thanks again CAG for another good laugh (Intentional or not)

[quote name='greyzieoriental']does each game gotta be $29.99? or the 2 games added 2gether have to be $29.99?[/quote]

Where'd you get the $29.99? Usually in buy two get one free sales, you can choose a game that was equal in price to the game of lesser value.

[quote name='Mr Peanut'][quote name='greyzieoriental']does each game gotta be $29.99? or the 2 games added 2gether have to be $29.99?[/quote]

Where'd you get the $29.99? Usually in buy two get one free sales, you can choose a game that was equal in price to the game of lesser value.[/quote]

you can buy 2 and get 1 free, but at least one of those games has to be above 29.99.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i don't get it. the stores around me don't ever move or anything, so my mileage doesn't vary at all. it's always the same.[/quote]

You're one of the lucky ones then...Mine started just moving a few feet at first, then it turned to blocks and now they are all over the city every day. It's kind of a fun adventure though.

The Gamestop around me has never said the games had to be $29.99 either. You just have to make sure the game you want for free is less in value than the other two that you're paying for. IE buy 2 used games for $24 dollars and get any game less than $24 free.

How long do you have to return used games? I may take back two used games i got awhile back, then repurchse them and get a free game in the process. :D

Of course I got one at gamestop and the other from babbages. They let me use store cred from so i hope it don't matter.

You have 7 days to return them and there is no difference at all between GS and Babbages, so that part would not matter.

I may or may not be an inside source, but I haven't heard anything... typically when it is buy 2 get one free.. it is buy 2 games get the third one of equal or lesser value free....

For example, Buy a $44.99 game
Buy a $30.00 game
Get a $44.99 or less game free.....

trust me, people may or may not ask this all the time.....

:lol

[quote name='Mr___Billy']I may or may not be an inside source, but I haven't heard anything... typically when it is buy 2 get one free.. it is buy 2 games get the third one of equal or lesser value free....

For example, Buy a $44.99 game
Buy a $30.00 game
Get a $44.00 or less game free.....

trust me, people may or may not ask this all the time.....

:lol
[/quote]

The red burns my eyes and the illogical sentence structure and poor math hurts my brain!

What are you trying to say?

I think it's easiest to just say that if you go up to the register with three used games, you'll be getting the cheapest one for free.

Oh, and I always thought the YMMV thing meant that depending on which register you went up to you'd have to walk a varying distance from the shelf where the games are to where you pay. :wink:

Actually, Gamestop has this going on already for preowned games on their website. Buy any two PO over $29.99 and get 1 free, enter 3FOR2PO as the coupon.

would this also apply to the preowned dvds? The stores around me have been pretty well stocked with decent stuff at good prices.........got hollow man for 6.39 and thirteen ghosts for 729.......both brand new looking (after a little cleaning), (looks like someones child had ice cream and touched it or something) but not scratched at all.

according to the online site, it is for preowned games or DVDs, $29.99 and up. Use code 3FOR2PO. This was actually going on yesterday too.

[quote name='TheRaven']I have never seen Gamestop B&M stores make you buy a 29.99 game to get in on this deal before.[/quote]

Same here, I think he was getting confused with an online deal that was posted here a couple weeks ago.

Oh and if you don't see this deal advertised when its supposed to be on, try asking the cashiers about it anyway. Around me, some of the Gamestops had "But 2 Get 1 Free" signs all over the place while others didn't say a word... but when I asked, sure enough the deal was still on. But of course, YMMV.

Deal Dead before it even started (see edited original post).

Why can't my Gamestop keep a manager for longer than 6 hours? Why do I ALWAYS have to tell them that some of their shelf prices on new games are wrong? They don't pay me.

Oh well...just the life of a CAG I guess.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i don't get it. the stores around me don't ever move or anything, so my mileage doesn't vary at all. it's always the same.[/quote]

ymmv simply means that not all stores will have this sale

[quote name='EggViper'][quote name='thatstoobad']i don't get it. the stores around me don't ever move or anything, so my mileage doesn't vary at all. it's always the same.[/quote]

ymmv simply means that not all stores will have this sale[/quote]

ugh.

the deal isnt dead yet... i just called a few gamestops, 1 said there is no such deal, the second said the same buy 2 anime and 1 anime free, the third however confirmed they had the buy 2 get 1 free games deal. its just really ymmv, but the sale is still going on.

Negative on Princeton, NJ Gamestop. The guy said there's a 2 for 1 sale on E-Reader cards though.

Also, walking to the store I saw that Suncoast had Buy 1 DVD get another half off, but only off selected $19.99 titles.

My local store is running the special. And just to let you guys know I found Skies of arcadia used for GC, for $29.99.

bread's done
Back