On March 17, Ebay's forcing sellers to accept Paypal or a merchant credit card

moo

CAGiversary!
Got this email:

As a valued seller, we'd like to thank you for participating in the marketplace and ask you to offer a safer payment option on all your eBay transactions. Beginning March 17, all sellers will be required to offer PayPal or a merchant credit card when listing items in the following categories:

* Gift Certificates
* Video games
* Cell phones
* Computers
* Consumer electronics

While you are free to choose between PayPal or a merchant credit card please consider the benefits of using PayPal:

* Lower Unpaid Item rates.
* Seller Protection up to $5,000.00 USD on any eligible transaction.
* Lower fees, compared to many merchant credit cards.

For more information on these changes, please see the latest announcement and Frequently Asked Questions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've read about too many problems with Paypal and I refuse to accept it in my auctions. Looks like Amazon is going to be my new place now.

[quote name='hero101']Ebay is whacking the sellers with their giant sausage again... Darn it again...it hurts...:cry:[/quote]

LOL!

doesn't really effect me. I actually prefer paypal's high rates as opposed to waiting for payment via money order.

I can't stand waiting for money orders either, takes way to long to decide if someone just isn't going to pay. I switched over to paypal only ages ago.

[quote name='coolsteel']I can't stand waiting for money orders either, takes way to long to decide if someone just isn't going to pay. I switched over to paypal only ages ago.[/QUOTE]

Wow. The way I look at it is that either you or the buyer is super lazy.

I don't mind taking a MO. When I send my invoice I let the buyer know to notify me if he/she is paying with an MO. I always get a response within the day. To me it's the same as paypal but I save myself a couple bucks for every item which adds up if you sell a lot.

I don't accept money orders anymore. People said they sent them and I never got them and one person gave me a negative for not sending the item. Of course I didn't send it, I never got paid for it.

As much as I hate Paypal, it is better for me than Money Orders.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Wow. The way I look at it is that either you or the buyer is super lazy.

I don't mind taking a MO. When I send my invoice I let the buyer know to notify me if he/she is paying with an MO. I always get a response within the day. To me it's the same as paypal but I save myself a couple bucks for every item which adds up if you sell a lot.[/QUOTE]

Wow I can't believe someone is still this naive, I get the same response, oh sure i'm sending it, yeah right! People duck on money orders all the time and I got sick of it. At least when they don't pay via paypal I know within a week.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I don't accept money orders anymore. People said they sent them and I never got them and one person gave me a negative for not sending the item. Of course I didn't send it, I never got paid for it.

As much as I hate Paypal, it is better for me than Money Orders.[/QUOTE]

Bingo, i've run into this same situation, it was way too much of a hassle. People normally don't send money orders via registered mail so there is no proof they sent it yet they still whine when the item isn't sent out. Screw and that, i'm with ebay on this one.

bread's done
Back