One downfall for Donkey Konga

scott123456

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Fine game purchase but there is one critical flaw. Over time, I went to having 2 Nintendo Wireless controllers and love em. Got rid of my 2 ext. cords cuz who needs em! Well, I do now since the drum cord is like 4 feet long. My GC sits on top of my tv so by the time I plug in the drum and put it on the floor, it's stretch to the full. I had to buy another ext cord just to reach to my couch.

Gosh darn it Nintendo. YOu do so well and then forget this one critical picece of playability!

Thats a downfall for all the gamecube controllers. The cords are short on all the first pary controllers, dont know about others. Xbox cords are much longer, and i think PS2 are also.

Im pretty sure i meant downfall.
And, wireless anything would be nice. I hate cords, always end up tripping, or throwing something around with the cord because something else is laying on it.

I actually like the shorter cords. I have my tv and GC on my desk right next to me. Also considering that I have my PS2 and DC there as well, it gets messy with all the controller cords. So having a short cord helps cut down on the mess.

So topic should read "One downfall for DK Bongo's"
Since you really don't have a gripe with the game.

Also, already saw 3rd party Bongo's at BB. I think they were Pelican.

[quote name='Ebraum']So topic should read "One downfall for DK Bongo's"
Since you really don't have a gripe with the game.

Also, already saw 3rd party Bongo's at BB. I think they were Pelican.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw them at Fry's and had to laugh. The really stupid thing is they were priced exactly the same as the OEM versions. What's the point?

[quote name='Ebraum']So topic should read "One downfall for DK Bongo's"
[/quote]

No, it should read "bongos". "Bongo's" means they belong to Bongo.

[quote name='eldad9']No, it should read "bongos". "Bongo's" means they belong to Bongo.[/quote]

listen, workjob, shut up and do me one. Im Bongo, you workjob.

This sucks, but I'm not surprised. Every cord Nintendo makes is short. Even the A/V cords that connect to your TV are too short. Maybe this is a result of the heads of Nintendo beings, um, lacking in length in a certain area?

[quote name='CrimsonGeist'][quote name='eldad9']No, it should read "bongos". "Bongo's" means they belong to Bongo.[/quote]

listen, workjob, shut up and do me one. Im Bongo, you workjob.[/quote]

The workjob thing is just stupid. No way that it will catch on.

[quote name='levi333']Im pretty sure i meant downfall.
[/quote]

Downfall:
Function: noun
1 a : a sudden fall (as from power) b : a fall (as of snow or rain) especially when sudden or heavy
2 : something that causes a downfall (as of a person)

So if nobody had bought the game because of the cables, it would have been the game's downfall.

As it stands it's just a downside.

scott123456, why not just move the console off the top of the tv? cords blocking the view of the screen would bother some people.

short cords are not downfalls or downsides, it's just Nintendo.

OEMs are 12 months I think.

Im disappointed to hear the bongo controller cords are so short. I always thought the normal Gamecube controller cords were way too short, and now Nintendo makes the bongo cords too short. What a surprise. :roll:

Geez, I can't believe everyone's failing to understand what the REAL downfall is. They're short for a reason:

Nintendo wants to sell more extension cords.

Sure you could go for the pretty wireless controller...until you come upon a game that requires a specific type of game (i.e. Donkey Konga) for a higher value of fun... just like a Logitech Pro 900 degree Wheel being used for Gran Turismo 4 - not necessary to play the game but more fun when you do. I think it's pure genius on Nintendo's part... but yeah it sucks for us customers

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']yeah.. thats one downside and so is it busting little kids at TRU heads open... :)[/quote]

Damn. I saw this topic today, and I got all excited because I was going to say "I guess the second downfall would be this [a link to the little girl busting her head open thread]."

While that's horrible, and I absolutely do not condone laughing at such a joke ... I laughed. :p

Try looking at Wal Mart. I picked up three extension cords on clearance for a dollar there (third party, but work fine). I mean, definately YMMV, but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='jaykrue']Geez, I can't believe everyone's failing to understand what the REAL downfall is. They're short for a reason:

Nintendo wants to sell more extension cords.

Sure you could go for the pretty wireless controller...until you come upon a game that requires a specific type of game (i.e. Donkey Konga) for a higher value of fun... just like a Logitech Pro 900 degree Wheel being used for Gran Turismo 4 - not necessary to play the game but more fun when you do. I think it's pure genius on Nintendo's part... but yeah it sucks for us customers[/quote]

yep. That's why we have memory cards and multi-taps. They all could've been avoided but why do that when the consumer will pay extra bucks for it.

[quote name='dpatel'][That's why we have memory cards and multi-taps. They all could've been avoided but why do that when the consumer will pay extra bucks for it.[/quote]

Memory Cards are actually a good idea. I take my GC memory card over to my stepbrother's house and I can have my info on his games, etc.

Who wants to lug a whole system around or the individual game around? As for game saves on the media, ir can only be done with carts, no? I'm just guessing there, unless you made the media rewritable. Bad idea for optical storage.

[quote name='Skylander7']Try looking at Wal Mart. I picked up three extension cords on clearance for a dollar there (third party, but work fine). I mean, definately YMMV, but it's worth a shot.[/quote]

Is there such a thing as OEM controller extension cords? I didn't see any on Nintendo's online store. What third party cords do you guys recommend? I have two Wavebirds, but I also have two regular OEM controllers (sometimes it's nice to have rumble). Of course, I also have to use cords when playing GBA connected games (if they were really smart they would have made that wireless GBA dohickey work with the Wavebird receiver) and I just got Donkey Konga yesterday. So I'm thinking it might be time for some extensions.

bread's done
Back