One Million Microsoft Points Giveaway

Kia-Tiaph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
137 (100%)
Microsoft is celebrating the addition of GFWL to xbox.com and is giving away 400 MSP to the first 2500 who make a GFWL purchase (according to them)!

Start was only today so the 2500 are probably not reached yet, but I have no way to check that so buyers beware!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Promotions/Million-Microsoft-Points-Offer

GTA 3 is $2.49 or 200 MSP at the moment so you'd get it for free plus 200 MSP.

Tinker and Game Room are completely free but I have my doubt that offer is valid for those titles (note please that the offer doesn't explicitly exclude any titles so it might be worth a try). Unfortunately it's US only!

Cheers,

Kia

[quote name='dotCody']Woah! Thanks for sharing, but I have a Mac... lol[/QUOTE]

Just log in with your xbox live account on xbox.com and purchase Tinker for free. No need to actually download it or install the GFWL client. No guarantee you'll get the points, but it takes like 2 minutes, so you got nothing to lose.

Hmmmm I wonder if they consider "Tinker" to be a purchase? that would be sweet...However, I bought GTA3 to relive the old PS2 days. Thanks OP!

Well I "bought" the Tinker game so I'll wait and see if that counts as a purchase although I doubt it. Thanks for the heads up though OP.

[quote name='Kia-Tiaph']Microsoft is celebrating the addition of GFWL to xbox.com and is giving away 400 MSP to the first 2500 who make a GFWL purchase (according to them)![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Only need to make a GFW purchase, not a GFWL. I don't know if GFWL counts too.

"Just make a Games for Windows online purchase between July 25 and August 1 to receive an e-mail code for 400 Microsoft Points."

Sounds like a small error, but if you know the difference, it can be pretty big. Easiest way to tell (other than reading the title) is that GFWL games are usually more expensive because they have achievements and are sometimes cross platform. Which would have made this a deal instead of free.

[quote name='louiedog']So I have to spend money to get something? How is this free?[/QUOTE]

its not free but kind of a deal if you get the 400 points.. that means you got 400 points off what ever you bought

[quote name='sir-fly']its not free but kind of a deal if you get the 400 points.. that means you got 400 points off what ever you bought[/QUOTE]

Ah, so it's not a free thing, but a deal. A video game deal. *checks which forum he's in*

[quote name='xSiLeNcEx']i dont even know what games for windows is or what.... fairly new to xbox so someone fill me in?[/QUOTE]

PC games.

Just purchased Tinker, I'll let you know what becomes of it.

EDIT: Says it will be delivered 4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion (August 1st). Stay tuned...

bread's done
Back