One More Coupon - 40% off one item at Borders.com (exp. 05/30/11)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
05/27/11 Update:
Another new coupon though only 40% off, good from 05/27/11 to 05/30/11: BXG7422N

Borders has a new online coupon code good for 50% off a single item: BRR5721N Good for Today (5/25) only!

(this was the old code posted: BLP2566Y)

The code is valid from 5/20 - 5/23 but appears to be live now. Use ISG414XP for free shipping

Some Examples (all prices before shipping/taxes on 50% off coupon, 40% off prices higher)

LOTR: Extended edition on Blu for $62.49: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=794043140617

Kubrick collection (blu) - $72.49: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=883929165834

Transformers complete collection $43.49: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=826663125368

Batman Beyond Complete LE set - $49.50: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=883929104444

Justice League Complete Series - $49.50: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=883929073726

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, won't work on Star Wars Saga (Blu-ray).

Even 50% off of the list price of $136 ($68) would be a pretty good deal...

I already have the LOTR:EE Trilogy coming from WBshop from my order the day they turned off all of their online coupons. Still, thanks a bunch for the post!

Everything at Borders.com costs twice as much as it should anyway so this should really be called a coupon code that knocks Borders' price down to Amazon's price.

[quote name='Xizer']Everything at Borders.com costs twice as much as it should anyway so this should really be called a coupon code that knocks Borders' price down to Amazon's price.[/QUOTE]

Compare all the deals I linked to Amazon's prices and get back to me

Amazon is better in many cases, but there are some really great deals to be found here too.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Compare all the deals I linked to Amazon's prices and get back to me

Amazon is better in many cases, but there are some really great deals to be found here too.[/QUOTE]

Great find man, I may get batman beyond or move my LOTR preorder to this place

Bought a LOTR. It qualifies for free standard shipping anyway based on the price. I wish the discount was off the actual price and not the list price but it still came out to over $20 less than Amazon. I have a month to think about whether I really want it or not.

True story: I haven't seen any of the 3 movies yet.

[quote name='opterasis']Transformers complete and Kubrick box set are tempting...[/QUOTE]

No GI Joe original series set sadly... the Transformers did tempt me at first, but eh, it's on the HUB enough.

[quote name='georox']*twitch*

Well, spent 25.33 on a copy of Seven Samurai blu-ray. Criterion wins again...[/QUOTE]

Good choice, great film.

[quote name='Hinoshiko']Too bad they don't sell any games, otherwise this would be an awesome deal.

Correction: awesome-er.[/QUOTE]

They do sell games. However, just like Borders poor pricing their coupons are just as bad. Every coupon has a paragraph of restrictions with one being no video games. These are the best coupons Borders puts out. Last one came out around Christmas.

Damn... was hoping to cancel my amazon order for star wars and get it cheaper here. Oh well, now I have lotr preordered.

Not worth it for me. I wanted bluray Band of Brothers or Dead Snow. Band of Brothers with the code was the same as Amazon and Dead Snow was only 1.01 cheaper than Amazon.

Whether it's a deal or not depends on what you're getting -- it's best if you have several options in mind, but there are definitely deals to be found.

I didn't want to spend a ton of money because I've bought a bunch of stuff recently, so I just picked up a CD that I wanted, the remastered deluxe edition of Julian Cope's "Jehovahkill". $30.99 on Borders, the coupon and Borders Plus took it down to $13.94 (with free shipping from the Borders Plus). It's $25.63 on Amazon, so that's a pretty good deal.

I seriously considered grabbing a Criterion blu-ray, but we're getting fairly close to the B&N sale at this point (less than two months to go!), and I'll more than likely be able to get a better deal on those there.

[quote name='bigsick']Do they charge , verify or put a hold on funds up front?[/QUOTE]

When I placed an order last week using a 40% off coupon, they charged me right away, even though the item won't ship until July.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']When I placed an order last week using a 40% off coupon, they charged me right away, even though the item won't ship until July.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my card was charged within seconds. The charge showed up on my card even before the confirmation email.

Thanks OP. I got a nice deal on a Naruto Special edition box set I've wanted to get for a while.

[quote name='HunteR7411']:( This shows up without even logging into an account![/QUOTE]

Try logging into an account before you use it? Or maybe clear cookies, if you're on a computer that someone else might have used to place an order already?

I wanted to try it again today on a different computer but the site seems to be going really slow and the add to cart button isn't doing anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Can we double dip with the coupon despite it saying "One coupon or promo code per customer during the valid period"? Just got the coupon in printable form in my e-mail.

[quote name='mietha']Yeah, my card was charged within seconds. The charge showed up on my card even before the confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

There's two steps to charging a card... Authorization and Settlement.

When pre-ordering you will always get hit with an Authorization which allows the merchant to verify that the card is valid.

In a few days the authorization will drop off and the available balance will be restored IF the merchant doesn't settle the transaction (which they shouldn't, until they ship the item).

[quote name='imacgod']That was the one I meant. Can we double dip by also using the print-out in store after using the code? Sorry for not being clearer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you should be able to. They don't seem to really track in-store coupon usage -- I've used the same coupon multiple times in-store in the past without any problem. You'll only be able to use the online coupons once each, though.

Picked up the Kubrick Collection and set up to trade-in the movies I already had for about $18 of Amazon GCs.

Not sure what to use the second coupon on yet.

bread's done
Back