One More Coupon - 40% off one item at Borders.com (exp. 05/30/11)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
05/27/11 Update:
Another new coupon though only 40% off, good from 05/27/11 to 05/30/11: BXG7422N

Borders has a new online coupon code good for 50% off a single item: BRR5721N Good for Today (5/25) only!

(this was the old code posted: BLP2566Y)

The code is valid from 5/20 - 5/23 but appears to be live now. Use ISG414XP for free shipping

Some Examples (all prices before shipping/taxes on 50% off coupon, 40% off prices higher)

LOTR: Extended edition on Blu for $62.49: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=794043140617

Kubrick collection (blu) - $72.49: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=883929165834

Transformers complete collection $43.49: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=826663125368

Batman Beyond Complete LE set - $49.50: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=883929104444

Justice League Complete Series - $49.50: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=883929073726

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, i was able to get two accounts and use the code twice. So far no sign that ether is cancelled. I also got two accounts for that two day free shipping 30 day trial. Thanks for Posting this dude!

Lots of great deal for ANIME fans!

Demon King Daimao - $28

High School of the Dead - $28

Tears to Tiara - $35

Chobits - $22

Gai Rei Zero - $24

I picked up "Transformers: The Complete Series" 15 disc set. It gets released this week and the code brought the price down to like $41.

I went the cheap route... Picked up the Trick R' Treat Blu for around $7 and The Orphanage DVD for around $3. Even though I don't have a BR player anymore, it'll be nice to have Trick R' Treat this Halloween, which I'm sure I'll be able to watch by now, and since I am lacking on any physical media at this point, The Orphanage was well worth the couple of dollars.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Here's the new 50% off code: BRR5721N

That one is good for today only[/QUOTE]Thanks! fyi I was able to use this + the free shipping code without a problem. I was under the impression that the free shipping was 1-time use, but this was my second time using it and it worked, so yay!

I decided to buy Usagi Yojimbo Special edition. I've wanted it for some time now and it was $50 with the coupon. It retails for $100, amazon has it for $63, and I couldn't find it anywhere else cheaper. Apparently these things are made in limited runs so I didn't want to regret it if it goes OOP

It's really a beautiful looking set and it's huge too!. It'll be an early Christmas/B-day (12/27) present to myself :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FxfZ9Z-jg

I purchase The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor & Humanity [6 Discs] for $50.34 with tax

Link

My Transformers: The Complete Series [15 Discs] and Yojimbo/Sanjuro: Two Samurai Films by Akira Kurosawa [Criterion Collection] [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] are on the way.

Great Buy

Went back for Duckman: Complete Series. That show was underrated and that is probably the cheapest I'll ever get all four seasons of it.

[quote name='chubbyporky']I purchase The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor & Humanity [6 Discs] for $50.34 with tax

Link

My Transformers: The Complete Series [15 Discs] and Yojimbo/Sanjuro: Two Samurai Films by Akira Kurosawa [Criterion Collection] [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] are on the way.

Great Buy[/QUOTE]

Good choice, I have the Yakuza Papers set myself and while I've only watched the first two films, I really liked them.

Yet another code. Borders is going to go out business with a bang. I'm out of things to buy.

I might get the Scott Pilgrim box set. It just bugs me I'm $4 short of free shipping and there's no free shipping codes out there :(

[quote name='imacgod']Expired.[/QUOTE]

Are you actually going through the checkout to the point where you choose the shipping speed? I just used it about 30 minutes ago and it worked fine.

[quote name='Squall835']Are you actually going through the checkout to the point where you choose the shipping speed? I just used it about 30 minutes ago and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

Silly me. Thanks. I was also remembering it was one use. Oh well. Free shipping is good for me.

The 50% is off of list price. My guess is the item you were getting was already marked 30% off list, so the 50% code just took off the additional 20%.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hmm it took off 7 dollars from 35 dollars when inputting the 50 % coupon code...hmmm[/QUOTE]

The percentages were all messed up when I got the LOTR. It said it took $30 off of $90 for a total of 25% or something. The final value was correct though.

Seeing how we got three coupons over the course of almost two weeks, maybe there's another coupon out there somewhere... ;)

Honestly though I'm out of pricey items to buy. 50% off is good when Amazon doesn't offer deep price cuts on their items. I'd probably have to spend it on some cheapo stuff. I'd really need a printable coupon this time to shop in-store for something.

[quote name='Porksta']The percentages were all messed up when I got the LOTR. It said it took $30 off of $90 for a total of 25% or something. The final value was correct though.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's correct, Borders just has a weird way of listing their discounts. Remeber, the coupon is off of list price, not the discounted website price. List price on the LOTR set is $124.99. $30 (actually, $31.25) is the difference between the discounted price on the website ($93.74) and the discount that you would get off of list price with the coupon ($62.50). Make sense?

[quote name='shrike4242']Let's hope the preorders people made with the 50% off coupons actually come through:[/QUOTE]

Urg, yeah. Thinking of Borders in any kind of long-term sense makes me nervous right now. If it's a case of "hey, might as well throw a pre-order out there and see what happens, I've got nothing to lose", then great, but if you're actually counting on getting it, you risk disappointment. I still really hope that they manage to work things out, but I'm not convinced that's even possible anymore.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']So this is dead?[/QUOTE]

Erm, yes. Here's a new 40% off coupon, though, that's good through Monday:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/20110527sa40.html

[quote name='imacgod']Honestly though I'm out of pricey items to buy. 50% off is good when Amazon doesn't offer deep price cuts on their items. I'd probably have to spend it on some cheapo stuff. I'd really need a printable coupon this time to shop in-store for something.[/QUOTE]

Heh, really? I always have more stuff that I want than I can possibly get around to or afford. Actually makes these kinds of sales a little dangerous when they're this frequent -- too much of a good thing and all that.

[quote name='arcane93']Urg, yeah. Thinking of Borders in any kind of long-term sense makes me nervous right now. If it's a case of "hey, might as well throw a pre-order out there and see what happens, I've got nothing to lose", then great, but if you're actually counting on getting it, you risk disappointment. I still really hope that they manage to work things out, but I'm not convinced that's even possible anymore.[/QUOTE]That link was on the SD thread for this deal, so I thought to bring it over here and put that in the minds of people.

I have some GCs left over from them, so I'm planning on using them shortly over this weekend. The 40% off coupon will come in handy.

I do have two pre-orders with them, one for the Kubrick collection (out next week) and the other one for Stargate Atlantis on BD (due 07/26). Any pre-orders beyond that point, such as Star Wars, I think I'd be worried about seeing. I'm a little worried about the Atlantis BD set, though I think any reorg plan that didn't get extended should still allow for shipment of that item in the latter part of July.

[quote name='arcane93']Actually, it's correct, Borders just has a weird way of listing their discounts. Remeber, the coupon is off of list price, not the discounted website price. List price on the LOTR set is $124.99. $30 (actually, $31.25) is the difference between the discounted price on the website ($93.74) and the discount that you would get off of list price with the coupon ($62.50). Make sense?
[/QUOTE]

Explains it perfectly, thanks.

Tossed in an order for Che with the 40% off coupon (I had forgotten about the one-day 50% off coupon, so that's $2-3 more out of pocket, oh well), though it's backordered. We'll see if that pans out.

Well, now there's a bit of a kick in the balls . . .

So, I finally received my Solaris blu-ray today (I swear Borders uses the slowest shipping possible). Only I opened it up, and there was no blu-ray inside the case! There was a booklet, but the disc holder was empty. It looked factory sealed (the plastic wrap was shrink-wrap, but it had the blue Criterion blu-ray sticker on it), so I'm assuming that it was a packing error at Criterion and there wasn't any hanky-panky on Borders' end, but who knows . . .

So I called them -- and let me tell you, Borders' web customer service is no better than their in-store customer service. First, I had to explain twice in detail to the guy what I meant -- how hard is it to understand "there is no disc in the case"? Then he tells me to send it back to them. I say no way, you sent me a defective product, why should I have to pay to ship it back? So then he tells me that he'll send me a return label. Ok, I can agree to that.

But . . . There's been no mention of a replacement up to this point. So I ask about it, and he tells me that he'll send me the return label, and then once they receive it, they'll send a replacement out. I tell him that's not acceptable, I've already waited for over a week for it because of their slow-as-shit shipping (I was losing my patience at this point), and I'm not waiting several more weeks for them to go through this whole process. He tells me that it's "policy" and there's nothing he can do. I ask to speak to his supervisor. He insists that she'll tell me the same thing, and I tell him that I want to speak to her anyway. He puts me on hold for several minutes. Finally, he comes back and tells me that his supervisor is on another call, but he'll get a replacement sent out now (convenient -- I thought that was against "policy").

So, just to top it off, I just finally received an email confirmation for the replacement (only 10 hours later) -- and it says "Backorder-Usually ships within 2 weeks"! :bomb:

I swear, shit like this is why Borders is failing. They just have no concept of customer service. If this had happened with Amazon, they'd have overnighted a replacement to me with no hassle, and probably wouldn't have even bothered to make me send the one with the missing disc back.

Edit: Well, one silver lining to it (sort of) anyway . . . My copy of White Material arrived today, and the case was smashed (grrr . . . I hate the way Borders packs things for shipping in thin cardboard). So I swapped the case from it with the case from the "defective" copy of Solaris. So I guess there's that.

There was a charge on the credit card when I placed the order, and now it is gone. There is no hold or anything, the charge is just gone. I guess it will charge when it ships.

Yea I made the mistake of doing an instore ordering of an Indesign book, only for them to fuck up the order and sent me the wrong book instead (got the email when I got home). I did call them within 3 hrs of the order BUT they said it was too late and they said that once it gets to my house (in 2 weeks), send it back and they will ship the correct one. I fought them about this as it was there fault. Eventually they refunded the money and I went out and got the correct book. The book came and I kept it...now I have two copies of the same book..argh...

Got an e-mail about my LoTR order. It says "Unfortunately, we are unable to complete your order at this time" and to contact customer care. Am I SOL or are they just e-mailing me this because the order is still so far out (Blu Ray comes out in like July or something). Nothing about it being cancelled online.

I haven't had a cancellation for LotR yet. Has the card you used to place the order changed in any way? If they tried to put an authorization check (see if you have the available funds), did you have the money available?

So I requested to cancel my backorder because Amazon sold the bluray I ordered for cheaper and I hadn't got the item after 3 weeks... and today Borders decided to ship it anyways... has anyone had any experiences with what they do you refuse the shipment? Or would calling the bank for a chargeback be more appropriate?

[quote name='thelonepig']I haven't had a cancellation for LotR yet. Has the card you used to place the order changed in any way? If they tried to put an authorization check (see if you have the available funds), did you have the money available?[/QUOTE]

There previously was a pending payment on my card when I did have the funds, but now I don't see it and its not on the previous billing cycle statement. And since it is a debit card, I guess things could get messed up.

Guess I do have to call them. Thanks for the tip. :cool:

bread's done
Back