One of the Greatest Game Experiences Ever...

dserafin1986

CAGiversary!
Dudes/Dudettes,

I've been playing videogames for 25 years...I've played them all and experienced almost every game that has been put out at home and in the arcades...And I must say that Wii bowling is one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences that I've ever had...It's right up there with the best of the best...WOW, that's all I can say...Totally worth the $250 price for the Wii.

Just wanted to throw this out there to anyone who is on the fence with regards to buying a Wii...It will be the perfect compliment to my 360...Perfect for party games.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I have to say, for me, personally, I enjoy seeing the Mii's that everyone has created, and watching my 2 year old beat the crap out of someone in WiiBoxing.

[quote name='Tenchi-kun']Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I have to say, for me, personally, I enjoy seeing the Mii's that everyone has created, and watching my 2 year old beat the crap out of someone in WiiBoxing.[/quote]

lol, nice...

I was reading along and everything was going alright up until you said that bowling alone was worth the $250. You can actually go bowling for like 8 bucks. I'm sure it's fun, but it ain't $250 fun. Not for bowling alone.

[quote name='Trakan']I was reading along and everything was going alright up until you said that bowling alone was worth the $250. You can actually go bowling for like 8 bucks. I'm sure it's fun, but it ain't $250 fun. Not for bowling alone.[/QUOTE]

I don't have to rent shoes but I do need to set the couch on fire to get the smokey bowling alley experience.

[quote name='Demontooth']I don't have to rent shoes but I do need to set the couch on fire to get the smokey bowling alley experience.[/quote]That reminds me, I need to go to a bowling alley sometime soon now that Ohio is smoke-free. :D I'll probably be extremely disoriented walking in without the cloud of smoke.

And anyway, play 31 rounds of bowling, and you've got your $250 worth.

Personally, I like it for the Baseball - and I can't hardly go play that whenever I want ;).

Though the kids now want to go real bowling as a result of Wii Sports bowling. There's an alley near me that has some kind of kids glow-in-the-dark bowling. Sounds interesting. I haven't been bowling in 15 years. Things have changed I guess.

[quote name='botticus']That reminds me, I need to go to a bowling alley sometime soon now that Ohio is smoke-free. :D I'll probably be extremely disoriented walking in without the cloud of smoke.

And anyway, play 31 rounds of bowling, and you've got your $250 worth.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, those were my thoughts exactly here in Texas. It's weird cause I hate when people smoke around me but didn't feel comfortable inside a smoke-free bowling alley. But eventually you get used to it.

[quote name='botticus']That reminds me, I need to go to a bowling alley sometime soon now that Ohio is smoke-free. :D I'll probably be extremely disoriented walking in without the cloud of smoke.

And anyway, play 31 rounds of bowling, and you've got your $250 worth.[/QUOTE]

Here is the deal though, and why I said it's worth $250...I have the wii setup in my basement...Flatscreen on the far wall, and pergo flooring, with chairs surrounding the tv...So it feels like a bowling alley...My buddies and I were into Wii bowling like you've never seen...Taking 15 foot running starts and sliding into the finish...Felt like a kid again, straight up, as corny as it sounds

[quote name='dserafin1986']Here is the deal though, and why I said it's worth $250...I have the wii setup in my basement...Flatscreen on the far wall, and pergo flooring, with chairs surrounding the tv...So it feels like a bowling alley...My buddies and I were into Wii bowling like you've never seen...Taking 15 foot running starts and sliding into the finish...Felt like a kid again, straight up, as corny as it sounds[/quote]

Wow, now that's a nice setup, if nothing more than for the perfect Wii Bowling emulation. ;)

That's awesome. :lol: :applause: Sounds like you guys are going to have a lot of Wii parties down there.

[quote name='dserafin1986']Here is the deal though, and why I said it's worth $250...I have the wii setup in my basement...Flatscreen on the far wall, and pergo flooring, with chairs surrounding the tv...So it feels like a bowling alley...My buddies and I were into Wii bowling like you've never seen...Taking 15 foot running starts and sliding into the finish...Felt like a kid again, straight up, as corny as it sounds[/quote]

When I can turn around and get a paper tray of artery clogging nachos before indulging in a couple rounds of multiplayer Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, only then I will consider it an accurate recreation of the bowling alley of my youth.

[quote name='depascal22']Ahhhh, Turtles at the bowling alley......memories.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Too bad arcade titles won't make it to the VC. That'd be two-thirds of the experience right there. My microwave could get me the rest of the way.

[quote name='Tybee']When I can turn around and get a paper tray of artery clogging nachos before indulging in a couple rounds of multiplayer Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, only then I will consider it an accurate recreation of the bowling alley of my youth.[/QUOTE]

Turtles....nice. For me, I need Pinbot or Jokerz pinball, and three player Xenophobe to feel like I'm at the alley.

[quote name='aspower']Turtles....nice. For me, I need Pinbot or Jokerz pinball, and three player Xenophobe to feel like I'm at the alley.[/quote]

Double Dragon

The Ninja Turtles arcade game was so damn fun. And the funny thing is, the Chuck E Cheese's in Montgomery still has that game and it looks like it is in perfect shape! They have had it there for at least 15 years.

I didn't like Wii Bowling much. Of the Wii Sports games, tennis is the best, and even that gets boring. Reading this thread makes me wish arcades were still popular though.

bread's done
Back