One Piece: Romance Dawn LE Retail Release - $39.99 (3DS, GameStop, 2/11/2014)

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
One Piece: Romance Dawn Limited Edition Release
2CB9GO9.jpg
Romance Dawn will be available both at retail and via the Nintendo eShop as a download. The retail edition will feature a special limited edition holographic foil packaging, and will be sold exclusively via GameStop stores, Club Namco and EB. Each unit of these retail packages will be individually numbered.
Support One Piece in the West!
Namco is testing the waters to see if One Piece games are viable here.

You will be showing Namco that we want Unlimited World: RED for the 3DS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love northern people laughing at us in the south cause of this.  We're not use to ice or snow here.  We don't have tires for it, driving experience in it, or cities and towns set up to prepare for it.  We are fucked.

My One Piece shipped economy through GameStop, which means a donkey will be here in the next 6 weeks to deliver it. :)

Seriously I know gamestop gut games but common sense why a limited numbered one? Went to a gamestop to see if they had any and they say they have one and proceeded to pull one out the drawer stuffed flopping around inside a paper cd sleeve I mean how hard would it be to keep the games sealed either behind the counter or in the back and use computer printed cover art on a generic box for display purposes for the games

WOW my preorder sucked 

dont expect it to become rare or anything. Look at the low print run of    CLASS OF HEROES  2 and that flopped in price 

This game is already sold out on Gamestop.com but still on Namco's site.. Looks like it might be a limited run..
Really surprised it sold out online, I wonder what was the allotment that Game Stop received, I still see several stores around me with limited and in stock icons.

WOW my preorder sucked

dont expect it to become rare or anything. Look at the low print run of CLASS OF HEROES 2 and that flopped in price
True but even now class of heroes sell for at least $60 normally idk what was the regular price at release was though? And also that game was just made with the normal psp game case this one at least got the holographic cover and the print number printed on it

True but even now class of heroes sell for at least $60 normally idk what was the regular price at release was though? And also that game was just made with the normal psp game case this one at least got the holographic cover and the print number printed on it
There's a holographic seal directly on the plastic wrap of Class of Heroes 2 to deter resealers.

The amount of difference is pretty vast and almost comical.

Class of Heroes 2 cost $35 and you got a digital voucher. Despite the low cost of entry, Monkeypawgames actually had problems getting the 2,500 minimum they needed to make the program successful. They did ultimately pull it off, though there are only 3,000 or so copies of this game. This means there are roughly 5.2 times more copies of One Piece: Romance Dawn out in the wild.

Furthermore, a basic search of eBay shows that the game is STRUGGLING to sell for even $60, with several auctions looking for that much going unsold. The majority that did sell, sold for > $53, which after shipping fees ($3 - $4), Paypal fees and eBay fees... you're probably making very little profit, if any at all.

To make matters worse, Class of Heroes 2 is actually a good game. It holds a 77 on Metacritic (only 4 reviews though) and a number of people were happy. One Piece Romance Dawn is quite widely regarded as a piece of shit game. It holds a pathetic 42 average on Metacritic, which would be significantly lower if it didn't get a few average scores. Most of the sales for OP also seem to be by people who seem to think they're investing in something worthwhile like gold.

Odds are this game will go on to be worth nothing or a very small profit down the road.

yeah, I got caught up a bit in the hype for the new Adventure Time 3DS game because of the steelbook.  Bought it sight unseen.  What a mistake that was.  Game is awful so I'm going to pass on this one given the reviews.

It does seem by all information out there to simply be a bad game. If you're a big One Piece fan, then you may enjoy it anyway; but a game it still will be. Lol

I'm a casual One Piece fan and decided to buy this because I am interested in the series and to be honest the battle system is pretty good but the story sections seem to drag on a bit and the environments can be bit bland. I hope this game sells enough for us to get One Piece Unlimited World Red. I'll really never understand companies that release an "inferior" to gauge interest in other products. Bandai did it with the Gundam Crossfire game and the west has never seen another localized Gundam game since and everything after Crossfire has been decent for the casual fan and great for the Gundam fan.

I'm a casual One Piece fan and decided to buy this because I am interested in the series and to be honest the battle system is pretty good but the story sections seem to drag on a bit and the environments can be bit bland. I hope this game sells enough for us to get One Piece Unlimited World Red. I'll really never understand companies that release an "inferior" to gauge interest in other products. Bandai did it with the Gundam Crossfire game and the west has never seen another localized Gundam game since and everything after Crossfire has been decent for the casual fan and great for the Gundam fan.
I hope I have fun with the game myself, i'm a very casual fan myself and didn't even read/see the anime to where Luffy has a full crew so i'll probably get something out of the game. I don't get the gauging interesting thing companies do myself, I remember Bamco did it with Tales of the Abyss 3DS and Tales of Graces F, and it looked like it could be the last games from the franchise since both if I remember sold pretty average. Now they're on Tales fever and it's looking good, but it's never a good idea to gauge interest like that (I'm not saying Tales 3DS or Tales of Graces F are bad games but Tales 3DS was a remake and Tales of Graces F I did enjoy but it was slightly more cliche than the usual Tales Games. This was esp bad since everyone including me wanted Vesperia PS3). I do hope we get more One Piece games though they usually are funner than other anime inspired games I've played.

Pretty off topic but does anyone know where i can find One piece (funamation not the crappy 4kids) dubbed? I swore Hulu used to have it dubbed but its all subbed now.

Pretty off topic but does anyone know where i can find One piece (funamation not the crappy 4kids) dubbed? I swore Hulu used to have it dubbed but its all subbed now.
Do yourself a favor and watch it subbed. The dub is pretty decent for the first 130 episodes or so, but the need to cast so many actors catches up with them and a large majority of the background and side characters are horribly voiced. Also, the role of one of the main characters was given to a dub actor mostly because he is so involved in Funimation and he gets the character very wrong. Unless you love character misinterpretation and cut corners, stick to subs.

So this is supposed to be bad? I actually like One Piece, and would be interested in playing a One Piece game.
Get either Pirate Warriors 2 or Grand Adventure. Those are really the only OP games worth playing, unless you love to spend hours and hours collecting items and synthesising new ones at which point you should try the Unlimited games.

this game f******* sucks i will sell it 2 some1 4 $50 on here or trade it 4 a ps4 game. i only played it 4 an hour or two but i think it sucks everything is like new an d in great shape it was not display copy it was new copy rom lakeforest mall here in md....

this game f******* sucks i will sell it 2 some1 4 $50 on here or trade it 4 a ps4 game. i only played it 4 an hour or two but i think it sucks everything is like new an d in great shape it was not display copy it was new copy rom lakeforest mall here in md....
Display or not you still opened it anyway so it's not considered new.

Good luck selling an opened copy for $10 above retail, especially after raving about how bad it is.

Do yourself a favor and watch it subbed. The dub is pretty decent for the first 130 episodes or so, but the need to cast so many actors catches up with them and a large majority of the background and side characters are horribly voiced. Also, the role of one of the main characters was given to a dub actor mostly because he is so involved in Funimation and he gets the character very wrong. Unless you love character misinterpretation and cut corners, stick to subs.
I agree, watch the sub, the voice work is absolutly fantastic. One of the only dubs I perfer is Yu Yu Hakusho, because the dub is so wobderfully written and has some stellar voice acting. The One Piece dub isn't horrible, but Funimation roles are getting to political and they don't cast to actually cast the character, they just pick their buddies to work on the show.

i said like new leran 2 read.... and the game suck... i dont even watch 1 piece i only buyed it becus it is rare but i might try 2 sell it here or make some $$$ on ebay.
OMG!!! Best post all week....

OMGomgOMGomgOMG

He said learn to read

OMGomgOMGomgOMG

i'm laughing so hard right now...

I don't care what kind of backwater troll that person is trying to be, that is the most idiotic, unintelligible shit I think I have ever seen. Maybe that person should take their two teeth back to school--and pay attention this time--instead of playing video games. 

I think he's just saying that because Funimation re-use certain individuals in a LOT of shows. Of course, they also do incredibly solid dub work--they blow Sentai out of the water, that's for sure. It's okay to use certain actors over and over again when they are consistently delivery quality results.

This is completely false and baseless.
I really don't want to sidetrack the thread, but I respectfully disagree. I've spent many years around voice actors and ADR directors both for Funimation and other studios, and it's all about who's your buddy and who people like. I have friends who work in the industry but I hate to say it, but Funimation is not what it used to be.

bread's done
Back