Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior (martial movie)

it was already in theatres in the us, it probably isnt anymore, the english dub will certainly be lame, go see it in thai, i liked the movie the action and fight scenes were great, the acting isnt that great though... but after you see it youll really want to elbow people in the head, that shit was tight

oh btw, the us theatrical release was thai with english subs, so i doubt a dubbed version will come out... maybe on the dvd

How about the Ong Bak movie from blockbuster, does it have English subtitle? I'll rent it tomorrow.

So how would you rate Tony Jaa's (the main character in Ong Bak) martial art move with Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Donnie Yen and Jacky Chan?

[quote name='yogi99']How about the Ong Bak movie from blockbuster, does it have English subtitle? I'll rent it tomorrow.

So how would you rate Tony Jaa's (the main character in Ong Bak) martial art move with Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Donnie Yen and Jacky Chan?[/quote]

I mean, they are all really good, his style is different from them, its really cool to watch. He doesnt have the wild snenes ala jackie chan (ladders and booze comes to mind) and he doesnt have the same presense as lee, but man his fight scenes are fucking cool, and this one chase scene he is just leading over things its amazing how much air he goes... so really its hard to compare him with others, you cant really, but i can tell you he kicks ass

I thought the scene where he stepped on a bunch of guys shoulders to get get away was awesome because he uses no wires. He pretty much walked over them.

The best part of the movie is when Tony Jaa kicks a dude in his neck so hard that the dude falls to the ground and can't get up.

I personally like that evil bastard w/ the voicebox vibrator, it just makes him seem more badass. This movie is good and i cant believe the stunts are all real

i just bought the dvd for a friend, and this is a top hit movie in my book. the way he fights is awesome, like the elbows to the head and stuff.

Is this movie about as violent and not gorey like Jackie Chan films? I really like Jackie Chan films for being full of action and very little blood, and I was wondering if this movie was like that.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Is this movie about as violent and not gorey like Jackie Chan films? I really like Jackie Chan films for being full of action and very little blood, and I was wondering if this movie was like that.[/quote]

More or less it's like that...There's alot of beatdowns happening but not really anyone getting their hands cut off and blood flying everywhere or what have you. I'd say in terms of gore it's pretty timid IMO.

[quote name='yogi99']My blockbuster doesn't have Ong-Bak. I have to rent this online then.[/quote]

It is in limited release in movie theaters across the country.

bread's done
Back