Onkyo TX-SR606B - $399 shipped jr.com

[quote name='pogipinoy27']these make your speakers pop and also could fry an egg.[/QUOTE]

Eggs are high in protein. :)

[quote name='ff7scloud']Just a question does 7.1 have alot of difference compared to 5.1?[/QUOTE]

It's subjective. 7.1 tracks are undoubtedly awesome, but I can suffice with 5.1.

I have been tracking this on Amazon and was going to bite once it got low enough. Anyone have any impressions on it? How is its HDMI switching?

[quote name='kell']I have been tracking this on Amazon and was going to bite once it got low enough. Anyone have any impressions on it? How is its HDMI switching?[/quote]

I love mine. I'm only using a 5.1 speakers with it because I don't have room for 7 but I don't feel like I'm missing much. HDMI switching is pretty irrelevant here because it'll be almost instant in the receiver but it'll take a few seconds for your output device to sync up with the TV when you switch.

The one s-video input I'm using (and old Tivo) doesn't look as nice going through the receiver's upscaler as it does going directly into my Samsung ln40a650, but it's a minor issue and the only thing that's bothered me so far.

[quote name='Samstag']I love mine. I'm only using a 5.1 speakers with it because I don't have room for 7 but I don't feel like I'm missing much. HDMI switching is pretty irrelevant here because it'll be almost instant in the receiver but it'll take a few seconds for your output device to sync up with the TV when you switch.

The one s-video input I'm using (and old Tivo) doesn't look as nice going through the receiver's upscaler as it does going directly into my Samsung ln40a650, but it's a minor issue and the only thing that's bothered me so far.[/quote]

Thanks for the info! I remember reading about the 605 having some issues with the HDMI stuff...can't remember if it was the conversion or the switching people were complaining about.

I would only be doing 5.1 as well since I don't fell like going through the pains of installing wire for the additional rear 2. I really should upgrade from 9 year old Sony. I think if it gets

bread's done
Back