Online sales ARE HERE from Gamedeals.ca

GameDeals.ca

CAGiversary!
Update: Online store is online. Enjoy.

Most of you in the GVA already know me and shop at my store, but for those of you in the rest of Canada (and the US), we will be launching our online store VERY soon. It's 99% complete (just some beta testing to do), and I'm frantically adding inventory every day (with only a few more days to go).

The reason I'm posting here, is to ask if there's anything you guys want in an online store? Not to say that I'm going to do everything, but maybe there's something I've missed (and it would be nice to know before launching).

Also: If you were planning to buy Little Big Planet GotY or a DSi (or anything really), you might want to wait a week or so.

Brian @
http://www.gamedeals.ca

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I definitely agree low/reasonable shipping rates really promote online deals. There's nothing worse than "oh, it's like half price, but more like 25% off after shipping..."

Good luck & looking forward to the store!

You could also take the Amazon approach, where orders over $39 have free shipping, or have free shipping for used games only, since the profit margin on used games would be higher than a new game.

[quote name='gamer602']hmm same sales instore?
Free shipping?
payment options?[/QUOTE]

... Wow. Just... Wow.

So where's everyone getting this free shipping deal? Shipping in Canada's like super cheap as it is.

[quote name='RoganSarine']Shipping within Canada would only be like $5 max for 3 games though wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

It's $1.96 + GST to ship a single game in a bubble mailer, and you miight be able to get away with fitting two games inside a single mailer. For three games you'd have to package them up in a box I'd say, and that would be a bit more expensive, I'm not sure how much more though.

Well, I can't imagine it being any more expensive than shipping from the states for 3 games... Then again... Postal services do have a weird way of working.

I wouldn't mind paying the standard $2 for shipping in Canada. It would have to be a pretty good deal for anything more than that.

Well I can understand them not wanting the $12+ Canada Post parcel rate. But free shipping isn't practical. Everyone would still be paying for shipping one way or another, just with zero transparency. $2 shipping is kinda unreasonable too, that doesn't cover costs. He'll have to buy bubble mailers, about the best deal you find on mailers is like 50 cents each nowadays. Paypal fees also need to come from somewhere, average users can't be expected to send "gift" payments.

$4 s/h for a single game is reasonable. Sure we'd all like to pay less, but you can't expect that from a small business.

S/H will be a flat rate of $10 to anywhere in North America. All items will include tracking and/or delivery confirmation (which you can't get for the $3 lettermail rates).

I was originally opposed to local pick-up, but free local pick-up is now available.

Store will be ready in a few days.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']S/H will be a flat rate of $10 to anywhere in North America. All items will include tracking and/or delivery confirmation (which you can't get for the $3 lettermail rates).

I was originally opposed to local pick-up, but free local pick-up is now available.

Store will be ready in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Well thats just pointless then...

I can give you "reasonable" rates on S/H, but then:

1. No tracking information.

2. Shipping takes longer.

3. Prices will be higher to compensate for fraudulent orders.

4. Larger orders will cost significantly more than $10 (a flat rate is a discount to people that order more stuff).

So... do you still want cheaper shipping? I'm not opposed to it (and nothing is final since the site hasn't launched yet), but consider these things in your response.

Well, Ragnar I was assuming the online prices would be slightly higher than the store prices to make up for the shipping stuff and still make people come to the store or something along those lines.

I was just finding it ridiculous people were asking for free shipping when at BARE MINIMUM $2 does not break a deal... Neither does $5 really. It's less attractive, but it still beats EB.

I still think I'll go to the store quite frequently because for some reason I assume Brian won't put everything online, or atleast, will have a different inventory... Plus, when you shop online you can't really browse as nicely.

I would say that $5 would be a more reasonable shipping price. But I understand where you are coming from since tracking is so expensive in Canada and packages that are not tracked have a higher chance of fraud.

I will never pay 10$ shipping

this is CHEAP ASS GAMER. willing to take the risk and pay 3$ for shipping with no confirmation. Actually that's what I've been doing for the past 15 years.

A $10 flat rate is a little steep, especially if I want a single game. When a small chain like VideoGamesPlus can charge $2.99 shipping for a single game, there's no reason to have a $10 flat rate. Future Shop and Best Buy, albeit bigger companies, charge $1.99, with the option to upgrade to better shipping, if you're so inclined.

If you wanted to make everyone happy though, just have a base $3 rate that's snail mail -- no insurance, no tracking, nothing. Make them pay for insurance by adding a dollar or two, and then just have a rate cap on very very large orders.

But yeah... $7-8 is more what people have as a flat shipping rate. Mind you, they normally also don't have insurance costs put into that from my experiences...

OK. Added $3.95 Single item shipping rate (no tracking or insurance - must be no thicker than standard DVD case), or $9.95 flat rate for multiple & thicker items (with tracking & insurance). Hopefully this will appease the majority.

I think that is a perfectly reasonable shipping option. You start saving money on upwards of 3 games, and the single games are reasonably cheap. If you could ever bump the single item shipping down a dollar, I think that'd make everyone perfectly happy.

It makes me wonder if that if what ends up happening is a majority of people buy a single game, and then if there happens to be 2 games they want... they simply go for a third to "save" $2 on shipping.

Expedited/XPresspost costs like a minimum of 7-9 bucks not including materials.

$2 shipping is fine if you've got spare bubbler mailers around, don't mind not having tracking and don't care if someone steps on your LE version.

The guy is running a business. He's a lot better off covering his ass by shipping with the safest method possible.

Well that's where you put the disclaimer for people who want to be cheap and not just order 5 games at once.

Also, game deals doesn't really need weekly deals assuming their inventory is similar (but I wonder HOW similar it is) to their store... Everything is generally a deal.

[quote name='RoganSarine']Well that's where you put the disclaimer for people who want to be cheap and not just order 5 games at once.

Also, game deals doesn't really need weekly deals assuming their inventory is similar (but I wonder HOW similar it is) to their store... Everything is generally a deal.[/QUOTE]

Who are you.. Their spokesperson?

No, I am just responding to what everyone says and disagreeing with the statements that he should have free shipping because $3 doesn't really kill the deals... I pay for shipping everywhere else 99% of the time and I don't think $3 (or $10 on 3 items) kills any of those deals considering you don't get charged provincial tax which covers the shipping cost.

No need to be kinda rude and say something like that... I'm just responding to everyone.

[quote name='xSPARKYx-']Who are you.. Their spokesperson?[/QUOTE]GameDeals has been working with CAGs for years so I think most GVR CAGs are quite friendly with them. We don't want them to die as a business because of cheap ass idiots who don't realize shipping games takes money. It's much like how we all want goomba to be successful with his endeavor.

Just purchased Fight Night Round 4 (PS3) for 40 bucks including shipping and GST. That's the cheapest I've seen of this game anywhere. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='Sejad']I had a Question GamerDeals, do you guys buy stuff off people like older games etc. Dreamcast stuff?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Really good prices, good luck with your website. I have too many games to play right now, but this kind of prices will make me order from you soon enough!!!

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']Those prices are very good, I'm guessing a lot of this stuff will be gone fast.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I just woke up and my inbox is overflowing, my paypal account is full, and the fucking post office is closed. It's going to be a long day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Hm you guys don't have Star Fox Assault for the GC, do ya? damn. want to buy GC games but none of the ones i'm looking for are in there.

One concern I have is the "completeness" of your used products. I think if the game is missing cover OR manual (equally important to me) then it should be specified.

Also do you guys remove stickers from other stores, i.e. GameStop/EB Games? I know I shouldn't expect too much from a 5$ GameCube game but still I'd like to know.

[quote name='cashinstinct']Really good prices, good luck with your website. I have too many games to play right now, but this kind of prices will make me order from you soon enough!!![/QUOTE]

agreed! I've been to the store a few times and there are always awesome deals

[quote name='jeffx']Hm you guys don't have Star Fox Assault for the GC, do ya? damn. want to buy GC games but none of the ones i'm looking for are in there.

One concern I have is the "completeness" of your used products. I think if the game is missing cover OR manual (equally important to me) then it should be specified.

Also do you guys remove stickers from other stores, i.e. GameStop/EB Games? I know I shouldn't expect too much from a 5$ GameCube game but still I'd like to know.[/QUOTE]
99% of the time all their games are complete. Actually, I don't think I've ever ran into a game without the manual or the cover... and I don't think they really accept games without the cover, or atleast, no one ever trades in them.

How often would stock be updated on the website? Just say someone trades in a copy of Halo 3: ODST, how quickly would said copy be available online? The layout reminds me very much of Video Games Plus, and they have a little blog going that updates customers on pre-orders, new products, promos, price drops and the like. I think doing someone similar would be awesome!

bread's done
Back