online video game rentals services

dave17

CAGiversary!
I've been with canflix.ca for 3+ years, but just recently cancelled with them. For any decent new release it could be 6-12 months before I actually see the game.

I was thinking about trying a new service. Has anyone had much luck with either dvdlink.ca or gameaccess.ca?

I've been with GameAccess for 2 years now and they've been really great. Shipping times are decent (about 3 days to get from Montreal to Toronto) but their customer service is excellent. I've had a few issues with lost games but they've always made sure to credit my account for lost time and they've changed their policy so that you don't have to pay to replace something that Canada Post lost.

You can reserve games so if you really want a new release you can get it fairly quickly. The really popular stuff (like Dragon Age 2 right now) will have quite a bit of reseverations, so you may have to wait a bit, but not 6 months.

I agree with the above user. I've been with gameaccess for something like 4 years now, since nearly the beginning. They have hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced.

At one point, my rentals were just not coming in and being returned to their offices. I emailed them about it and customer service said they would look into. It turned out to be an issue at my local Canada Post office. I got an email from the company's founder apologising and offering me credit for all the months I had lost. Considering that it was in the company's early days, it was clearly not a boilerplate letter.

Nearly a year later I was visiting their offices downtown for the first time (for a short while they were located in downtown Montreal and you could make the rentals at their desk) I introduced myself and they recognised my name. The company's president immediately apologised again for the problems, which I had completely forgotten about at the time. I know they are a relatively small company BUT THAT IS HOW YOU DO CUSTOMER SERVICE! It made me a loyal customer for life.

They also have a store. If you are a member for some time you cab get a permanent discount of up to 20% on used titles. What's also cool is that since they only rent out the discs, the cases and manuals are always in perfect condition. Any kind of extra stuff will also be left in the case unredeemed, granted they aren't expired (like GOW2's map pack, or the project 10$ stuff which last for a few months after initial release.

[quote name='DJ Ghostmare']I agree with the above user. I've been with gameaccess for something like 4 years now, since nearly the beginning. They have hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced.

At one point, my rentals were just not coming in and being returned to their offices. I emailed them about it and customer service said they would look into. It turned out to be an issue at my local Canada Post office. I got an email from the company's founder apologising and offering me credit for all the months I had lost. Considering that it was in the company's early days, it was clearly not a boilerplate letter.

Nearly a year later I was visiting their offices downtown for the first time (for a short while they were located in downtown Montreal and you could make the rentals at their desk) I introduced myself and they recognised my name. The company's president immediately apologised again for the problems, which I had completely forgotten about at the time. I know they are a relatively small company BUT THAT IS HOW YOU DO CUSTOMER SERVICE! It made me a loyal customer for life.[/QUOTE]
That sound phenomenal man. I really like stories like that. Great business just warms me lol.

bread's done
Back