Onlive - Any released game for free when you subscribe to PlayPack

neonglow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Just subscribe to the PlayPack for $10 by July 4th and you get a code to redeem any currently released game on Onlive.

This basically makes new games like Duke Nukem Forever, FEAR 3 or Red Faction: Armageddon cost $10.

[quote name='Onlive Email']We’ve also got some love for people who subscribe to PlayPack—the all-you-can-play monthly game bundle: On Tuesday we’re going to send every one of our current PlayPack Members a thank-you gift! Choose any game in the OnLive store—absolutely free (no pre-orders though). If you’re not already a PlayPack member it’s not too late to get in on this, but you’ve got to act before midnight Pacific time on July 4th. [/QUOTE]

http://www.onlive.com/games/playpack

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my coupon a couple of hours ago now heh I'm Thinking Red Faction Armageddon, had fun playing the demo heh

[quote name='GoreObsessed']I'm gonna use mine on either Split/second or Metro 2033.[/QUOTE]

That is worth a 50 dollar game, I bet you could sell the code on here for 25 and get split/second with 5 bucks extra :p

Just played RFA and kind of like it. Going to try Fear 3 next. Just curious, how is the online play on both games. Also, which campaign is longer?

Yea what is the deal with online. I thought these were
just
PC games running on high end machines they stream to us but when you go online you are only playing
with
other
onlivers
. Are these games actually developed to run on some type of online hardware? Why are the servers totally
separate
from other
pc
games?

Got mine and picked up RF:A. I have Fear 3 on steam and AC:B on the 360 and I didnt care for DN:F. I dont think they will have anything too new before the 10th.

I got my code. I was first going to grab Fear 3, but after looking at howlongtobeat.com, it appears that the game will only take 6hrs or so to playthrough. Red Faction only looks to be a 8-10 game, but it isn't available for rental. I am probably going to grab RF:A, and then rent Fear 3 for a few days for the $5-6 or whatever it costs. The renting aspect of Onlive is what excites me the most, so it sucks that RF:A isn't available for rental. It makes my decision easy I guess.

Getting either Borderlands GOTY (I have three friends on OnLive, might be time to tear through that game again) or RF:A.
I love the service; they have games for cheap and give crap away for free constantly. Assuming it doesn't explode sometime in the next year (and considering how many people have invested in them, I highly doubt it), I could see it being a service I use frequently.
Plus, I'm a die-hard Mac fanboy, but not having games kills me sometimes. My wife has a pc laptop that can hardly run Plants vs Zombies without exploding, but it runs Onlive great.
Keep on giving me free crap, OnLive. I'm warming up to you.

[quote name='Clown069']i got Fear 3 with the last coupon and grabbed Alpha Protocol with the new one.[/QUOTE]

Hope you enjoy Alpha Protocol. That was my favorite game last summer!

[quote name='Calinks']Do you guys experience latency issues? How are the visuals for you?[/QUOTE]

I tried it probably almost a year ago and both of those were huge issues for me. My Internet has since gone from 4mb to 10mb so I might try it again... But my computer is still pretty darn good even after five + years some minor upgrades and around 12,000 hours of up time.

On the other hand seems like a good way to rent/demo pc games.

I really need a 360/pc controller. :(

I've noticed some latency on Borderlands in that it kind of feels like you are in water at times but I have been able to deal with it. Prince of Persia seems to have an issue with not immediately recognizing your button press. Red Faction Armageddon hasn't shown any latency issues at all for me.

That is actually the one I am leaning toward getting with this offer consider all the reviews I have read.

I did watch my son play the demo of Fear 3 and he had a lot of latency issues with it.

EDIT - we only have a 3mbps internet connection too so that DOES play into our latency. Still, a lot of the playpack games have done very well for us on this connection.

[quote name='Calinks']Hope you enjoy Alpha Protocol. That was my favorite game last summer![/QUOTE]

i enjoyed the free trial even if it was only the tutorial, but it seemed interesting.

Played quite a bit of RFA today and I'm impressed. If there was lag I didnt notice. The game looks great if not a big "soft" and best yet, my DS3 emulated as a 360 controller worked with no additional setup required.

It might be your distance from the data center, but that wouldn't explain why one game ran better than the other. Maybe fear 3 runs on higher settings on the host computer making it need more compression thus more bandwith to receive. Just a thought.

Just played Fear 3 and I really liked it. That's a surprise. Something about the killing in there just feels good. I think I am still going with red faction though. Maybe I'll rent Fear down the line on the 360.

bread's done
Back