Onlive - Buy Kane & lynch 2 get another Game FREE

jimjayjoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.onlive.com/promo/kl2

FREE GAME with purchase!

Purchase a Full PlayPass for KL2 between August 17 and August 22 and we'll email you a coupon for a free Full PlayPass for any other game on the OnLive Game Service.*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jimjayjoe']
http://www.onlive.com/promo/kl2

FREE GAME with purchase!

Purchase a Full PlayPass for KL2 between August 17 and August 22 and we'll email you a coupon for a free Full PlayPass for any other game on the OnLive Game Service.*[/QUOTE]

Is this PC only?
edit. After looking at that site, it appears so. Might wanna include that in the title.

[quote name='drawingboard']Is this PC only?
edit. After looking at that site, it appears so. Might wanna include that in the title.[/QUOTE]

Ya that doesn't really need to be included because Onlive assumes PC since it's a PC platform. This is a good deal though. I'm considering it even though I didn't plan on buying Kane and Lynch...

Extended answer:
Onlive is a system that streams the video of games to you, so that you don't need high end hardware to play the games. If you do not have a computer that can run this streaming software, you can buy a console that attaches to the tv.

So yes, PC gaming, not sure if there's a mac version, but you can get a seperate adapter-console if you do not want to play on the pc.

Edit:I'm not sure if the console version is out yet. It was in planning stages coincide with the PC version, which is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's splitting hairs to say that you don't buy anything from OnLive except for access to playing a game. When you stop paying them, you don't keep anything.

Yea, this is one service I could never throw any money into. Not only does the service kick me off every few minutes of playing, it is basically just a longterm expensive rental. Paying full price to rent a game that is only guaranteed to remain on the service for roughly 3 years doesn't sound great at all. Plus, having to pay for a membership every year just to access the games you purchased sucks even more.

One a positive note, the layout and design of OnLive looks awesome. I like to own all of my games though, which is why OnLive just doesn't do it for me.

[quote name='hustletron']
Tried K&L2 on PC from Steam, kinda sucked.[/QUOTE]

the only review I needed to hear! :lol: It'll be interesting to see what Ship has to say about it, maybe a $20 suggested buy price..if it's as big of an abortion as the first game, it's pretty understandable. I think the only reason this got made was to fuel the fire for the film, which is now pretty much dead anyways...

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Yea, this is one service I could never throw any money into. Not only does the service kick me off every few minutes of playing, it is basically just a longterm expensive rental. Paying full price to rent a game that is only guaranteed to remain on the service for roughly 3 years doesn't sound great at all. Plus, having to pay for a membership every year just to access the games you purchased sucks even more.

One a positive note, the layout and design of OnLive looks awesome. I like to own all of my games though, which is why OnLive just doesn't do it for me.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

Well, if you look at online for a short term period, it is quite decent. If you look at the long term, stay away from it.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't think it's splitting hairs to say that you don't buy anything from OnLive except for access to playing a game. When you stop paying them, you don't keep anything.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but when you pay for 'full access' to a game (which is same as retail price), you're only guaranteed access for 3 years. After that, they're free to cut you off.

[quote name='drawingboard']Is this PC only?
edit. After looking at that site, it appears so. Might wanna include that in the title.[/QUOTE]

Is that Hit Girl in your sig? You little pedophile you!

bread's done
Back