Onlive Tablet/Smartphone app is now available. Free Lego Batman with Download

Just downloaded the app, it's nice but too laggy on my phone, the HTC G2. Also I hope they change the UI to a more cell phone friendly one, the current one is the exact same as the desktop version and some of the buttons are so small theyre hard to click.

Sideloaded the app for my Kindle Fire and was impressed with the UI although my connection was a little slow. Nothing damaging, playing the Darksiders demo was fun. Free Lego Batman didn't hurt either.

Yea I don't see myself playing this too much without the controller. For now I will just be watching people play here and there but I got to get the controller if I want to get serious. What is really cool is that you can be playing a game on your PC, then go somewhere else in around the house and continue on the tablet, and then go to a buddies and play with the microconsole on a tv. So many options and if that universal controller works on everything (PC, 360, PS3) it will be worth the money. I like the feel of the onlive pad.

I just tried Lego Batman on my Nexus One over WiFi... The lag was so bad as to make it unplayable. I don't see this getting much use.

[quote name='MetalMan']Braid, Osmos, and Trine all have onlive keys from the Humble Bundles.[/QUOTE]

Is there any way to access the keys at this point (if we didn't write them down).

[quote name='paddlefoot']Is there any way to access the keys at this point (if we didn't write them down).[/QUOTE]

If you hunt through your email to back when you bought the bundle, you can get your link to your download page, and there are buttons to generate keys for Desura, Steam, and Onlive.

So what am I doing wrong about getting Lego Batman? I created an account, downloaded the ipad app, logged into the ipad app and browsed the marketplace a bit.

Wow, props to onlive, this is the type of disruptive app that has to have Nintendo, MS and Sony looking seriously at their future gaming business model. Now onlive just needs more, and better content. I've been watching (not yet playing) Onlive's business model for a year, it's only getting better. That are becoming ubiquitous like Netflix and dropbox... when you run on every platform known to man, users will follow.

[quote name='GamerChris']So what am I doing wrong about getting Lego Batman? I created an account, downloaded the ipad app, logged into the ipad app and browsed the marketplace a bit.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know too. I've been a registered member for at least a year now... I installed this, and Lego Batman is $5.99 in the marketplace.

dead?

Onlive really needs to find a way to get the super powerful PC games and exclusives on their program. If they could get the Star Wars MMORPG some of the future big PC games and find a way for us to control those on multiple devices, I would be putting a lot of time into it. My can't handle crap as it is.

[quote name='GamerChris']So what am I doing wrong about getting Lego Batman? I created an account, downloaded the ipad app, logged into the ipad app and browsed the marketplace a bit.[/QUOTE]

As of right now, the full OnLive app has not yet been released for iOS devices, only android ones. If you downloaded "OnLive Viewer" that's an older, different application.

The website says "More Tablets and Phones Coming Soon!" and the free Lego Batman offer should be good when the full iPad version launches. For now, we just have to wait.

Also someone with customer service told me last night it takes up to 24 hours to get your code for the game. I only have about an hour till I hit the 24 hour mark.

Have to download this and try it, but it finally game me an excuse to go back and redeem the Humble Bundle codes that I had for Braid, Osmos and Trine... sadly, the World of Goo key from Bundle #2 is expired.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']As of right now, the full OnLive app has not yet been released for iOS devices, only android ones. If you downloaded "OnLive Viewer" that's an older, different application.

The website says "More Tablets and Phones Coming Soon!" and the free Lego Batman offer should be good when the full iPad version launches. For now, we just have to wait.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I've been reading that elsewhere as well. The full Onlive client app has not yet been released on iPad yet. Thanks!

i don't think you get a code for the Lego Batman, it just shows up in your games owned area. I just got an email saying it was 'ready'

And I gotta admit, it was pretty damn impressive playing it on a 10.1" Toshiba Thrive with the on-screen controls. Very nice and fluid with no lag during gameplay..

I received an email about Batman (which is automatically added to your account) about 2 hours after I logged in to the app on my Android device. They are definitely having some capacity issues though, so it you don't see it today I would give a shout to support.

bread's done
Back