Only 2 new copies of Tales of Vesperia left at Amazon - $29.99

Fun game, but they may be more on the way since when I got it (gold box I think) it showed up in one of those new fangled energy conscious cases...

Considering this is sold out - anyone want to buy my used copy for the same price? ^_^

Otherwise I gotta trade it in for $25 GS credit.

[quote name='EndlessChris']Considering this is sold out - anyone want to buy my used copy for the same price? ^_^

Otherwise I gotta trade it in for $25 GS credit.[/QUOTE]

Shenanigans! it's not sold out, there are still 2 left.

Bought this game full price, this deal is good if you enjoy the Tales series, though the added features on the PS3 version make me consider getting it again. Fingers crossed on that being a deal.

Looking back, I really wish I had thrown the $60 towards the extra CE version of the game on my local Game Crazy's shelf. Yeah, you think the regular version is rare? Look at some of the CE's prices on ebay. :p

[quote name='KillerRamen']I got it when it was $15. (Gold Box)

...It's a really fun game. I think it's worth MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I got 2 at that price. ;) Still sealed.

I also bought this game for $15 and it was well worth it. I just hope Kmart puts them on clearance soon. There are 5 stores by me with a combined 20 copies of the game.

I bought it as a lightning deal for $14.98-$10 gift card from MW2=$4.98 back in November. Never really got into it. Maybe I should give it another try.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Looking back, I really wish I had thrown the $60 towards the extra CE version of the game on my local Game Crazy's shelf. Yeah, you think the regular version is rare? Look at some of the CE's prices on ebay. :p[/QUOTE]

Wow 150..... I should unload mine....

[quote name='prateeko']Fun game, but they may be more on the way since when I got it (gold box I think) it showed up in one of those new fangled energy conscious cases...[/QUOTE]

Kind of a crapshoot. i thought gamestop was done with new persona 4 after all the stores and online went oos early this year - even fry's was out - and then there it was everywhere for game days.

i'm sure they want u to think 'this is it' but it's often like that chip ad: eat all you want; we'll make more.

I got this from play asia a while back for $20 shipped. Might be a place to look if you are wanting a copy at a decent price.

[quote name='gantt']Kind of a crapshoot. i thought gamestop was done with new persona 4 after all the stores and online went oos early this year - even fry's was out - and then there it was everywhere for game days.

i'm sure they want u to think 'this is it' but it's often like that chip ad: eat all you want; we'll make more.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's got to be going PH sooner or later -- it has to be getting pretty close.

There's always the pawn shop route all games eventually show up there, it's a nice route for the casual collector, there's only but so much time to play through so many great titles...unless your 35, single & live in your parents basement...

I didn't realize the game was out of print (or is it, judging by the general sound of this thread, it seems like it). I really wanted to get it for $15 during the Amazon sales, but I needed free shipping and couldn't find something else to buy with it. Probably should've just bought two copies, then Ebay one new to make up for it.

Not sure if this helps or not, but I noticed that TofV is $19.99 at my local ToysRUs. Not sure if it is a clearance or what.

I'm not familiar with the series - Is it a good pickup?

[quote name='AquaKnight']I didn't realize the game was out of print (or is it, judging by the general sound of this thread, it seems like it). I really wanted to get it for $15 during the Amazon sales, but I needed free shipping and couldn't find something else to buy with it. Probably should've just bought two copies, then Ebay one new to make up for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man I kick myself all the time for missing that $15 sale. I found it brand new sealed on ebay for $30 yesterday, and just jumped on it because this game's probably gonna get real expensive now that it's out of print.

[quote name='jester55']Not sure if this helps or not, but I noticed that TofV is $19.99 at my local ToysRUs. Not sure if it is a clearance or what.

I'm not familiar with the series - Is it a good pickup?[/QUOTE]

The production values are really quite good - I'm constantly amazed at the art quality and the sheer amount of voice acting. Combat can also keep you pretty busy - I tend to keep it pretty simple but there's a weird amount of depth.

I've put in 30+ hours over the course of several months and it hasn't gotten old yet, but it can be a chore to pick it back up after a break. Especially knowing that I may not even be halfway through it.

[quote name='robpe36']Yeah man I kick myself all the time for missing that $15 sale. I found it brand new sealed on ebay for $30 yesterday, and just jumped on it because this game's probably gonna get real expensive now that it's out of print.[/QUOTE]

Really -- OOP?

I'm always a bit surprised at how high Tales games get in price. I suppose Namco likes keeping the series niche that way. Keeps the releases as big events.

I picked mine up during Amazon's $15 sale and it's sitting in my backlog, unopened. Probably will never get to it, but I love the Tales games. Have all of 'em. Abyss on PS2 is a keeper. Look forward to Graces on Wii.

bread's done
Back