(OOS) $20 XBL 12 mo UPDATE: YMMV with in-store price-match

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to give it a shot in the morning, I printed it out so hopefully :) I am going to try to get 4.. An extra one for me, one for my cousin and one for my bro :) Also with the possible free games coupon I am really hoping to luck out at best buy tomorrow.

This deal (through BB price match) made my day. Had $15 in certificates, so I ended up getting a year of XBL for $5 for my brand new Xbox.

[quote name='mitemouse']19.99 price is back online but only for instore pickup[/QUOTE]
How are you seeing this? The only 19.99 card I see is 3 months.

[quote name='Angelwatch']How are you seeing this? The only 19.99 card I see is 3 months.[/QUOTE]

I just was checking stock online because yesterday when i went to pick up my order there were none left. when i searched for it, it came up 19.99.

also somebody else sees on it on SD too..

[quote name='ITDEFX']Did it go back up?[/QUOTE]

for me the price shows 19.99 but when you enter a quantity for shipping it says its out of stock and when you check stores for pickup some might have them instock.

They restock on Tuesdays so check back then if they're OOS.
They may or may not restock the cards so it's all up to you if you want to actually go in the store and check it if they say they're OOS online. :X
The online stock checker tends to be wrong most of the time... -_-

The Website says that the cards are $19.99, but all the stores are out of stock. When I have time, I'll go see if the Website is mistaken. My question is...how long is this deal supposed to go on? Also, must I order/reserve online to get that price or can I just walk in and get that price?

if anyone is doing this PLEASE let me paypal you 20.00 or watever and email me the code. my only small sears near doesn't have any and bah.

So I assume best buy wont price match it since its online through sears rite? (The local sears out here does not sell video games either)

From what I know, Best Buy will price match it if you have a local Sears and bring in the printout of the screenshot. The cards are back up as $19.99 so you shouldn't have a problem.

[quote name='CyReN']So how does this work? Do I go up to the return desk and ask if they'll match it?[/QUOTE]
u could either go to their customer service or do it @ the register. it varies.

If any Cag can snatch me up one, I would appreciate it so much. Just PM me if you want to sell an extra one. Paying 8 bucks a month is just killing the bank account.

As I was going through the checkout process online (I would rather ship it and be sure it'll come rather than do a pricematch and possibly fail) and suddenly they're out of stock online. dammit!

I've never done price-matching before..how does this work, and can I still do it? I have the screenshot printed...

I already know that the Dayton, OH BB won't price match. They only do if they can call the store and make sure they have any in stock.

This deal is so good that it hurts I can't participate.

tried really hard at the jersey city, nj sears. manager was really mad and refused to price match saying the price was put up in error.

[quote name='Sashka']I'm afraid of going to Best Buy...those people are evil, is this going to work?[/QUOTE]

All they can do is say no....they may say yes.

[quote name='Demontooth']All they can do is say no....they may say yes.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but I'm incapable of handling rejection..even if it's not towards me personally.

Do you think kmart would price match considering their partners or whatever?
There is a kmart and a sears at one of the malls by me so maybe I will try that.

ok i can add it to the cart and it says 19.99 and all

then i get

One or more items in your Shopping Cart need attention.

This item is no longer available for delivery. You can select store pick up (if available) in the shopping cart below, remove the item or see similar items.

Only 0 of these are available for delivery. You can update the quantity or select store pick up (if available) in the shopping cart below, remove the item or see similar items.
This item is no longer available for delivery. You can see similar items.
We are sorry, the quantity of item(s) you ordered or the following item(s) are no longer available for store pickup. Please see more information below.
We are sorry, the quantity of item(s) you ordered or the following item(s) are no longer available for store pickup. Please see more information below.
We are sorry, the arrival time for the following item(s) has changed. Please see more information below.
This item is no longer available for delivery. You can select store pick up (if available) in the shopping cart below, remove the item or see similar items.
360, 12-Month Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription Card
Sears Item # 05891899000 Mfr.model # 52M-00069

then of course the store pickup is also out of stock. So i guess its not 100% the actual series will price match it if some are laying around?

I have a little better screen cap for price matching!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2vug3yo.png

2vug3yo.png

Does target price-match? Im going to try to get MW2 for 40$ today if they still have. if not im going to price-match at BB.

[quote name='CyReN']Just went to the Best Buy in Novi, MI and they priced matched it with no problem.[/QUOTE]

wow, nice... BB in Littleton, CO failed... they JUST restocked them so I grabbed 10, took it up to the register and they said they had to call Sears to match, Sears said that the promo was over.

Failed :(

bread's done
Back