(OOS) $20 XBL 12 mo UPDATE: YMMV with in-store price-match

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I had luck in Rochester, MN by bringing in the ad. But, I was really lucky since they tried to call Sears and they didn't answer. Since the line was getting long, they just priced matched it for me.

[quote name='colton5419']I have a little better screen cap for price matching!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2vug3yo.png

2vug3yo.png
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, updated the OP.

just tried at best buy...they did not match it because they said it was an online only special...i think they might've matched it if i only tried to get one or 2...but i tried to get 10

Yeah people stop being super greedy with this, hah.

On a side note though, I wonder what BB would say to this Firebugged pic:
firebugged.png

XD

(Don't try this though, it can be considered fraud)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Yeah people stop being super greedy with this, hah.

On a side note though, I wonder what BB would say to this Firebugged pic:

XD[/QUOTE]

Err. Just FYI, doing that is fraud and can get you in trouble.

Fail at the Minnetonka, MN Best Buy. I was at the service desk picking up A Boy and His Blob and I figured I would give it a shot there and then try again at the cashier area...bad idea. Service desk employee called over the mgr and the mgr instructed her to call Sears to verify. Needless to say - no dice. Ah well!

I would definitely recommend going the cashier route first as the mgr stated that anything over a $10 difference requires they call. My guess is most cashiers will be far too lazy for that.

[quote name='jmillion']damn why are people trying to get so many? im only trying to get two. one for me and one for my friend.[/QUOTE]

I know. It's shocking that the same people that run their mouths on XBL would be so selfish, isn't it?

Got three, one for me and two for my friends at the BB in White Marsh, MD. They still had 5 or so when I picked a few up. The CS Rep called the manager, but fortunately she didn't mention that the price for Sears was online only! Awesome!

getting 10 cards is a bit excessive i'd say and you're probably pushing your luck on the deal. the employees will probably be more willing to price match 1-2 cards over 10 cards.

plus, who the hell needs 10 yrs of xbox live gold? =P

I PMed at BB and they did it without a problem. They didn't even need to call over a manager to update the price.

Also, they rang up for 19.99 even - no tax added.

I just used this promotion at the Best Buy in Moline, IL. I just printed out the product page with the $19.99 price.

Went to the end cap where they had the cards on display, and there were none. So, I went to the area where they have the controllers, and other accessories. There were TONS there.

Walked up to the cashier, gave her the card and the printout. There was no manager approval, or anything.

Thank you, GamerKingFaiz!

[quote name='ubermark']Thank you, GamerKingFaiz![/QUOTE]

Hey no problem! =D

But whoa, what happened to this thread. Looks like a moderator came and pruned a lot of posts out, edited the title, AND edited my OP (taking out the screen cap people are using for the price match)... =/

Should I change it back?

I looked through the thread and didn't see one, but it's clearly off the webpage now, can someone post a screenshot so I can go get it pricematched from walmart?

good new for those who live near my school -UMass Amherst, the BB right off campus has tons of this and they do PM, i got 4 from there.

If you really feel the need to post a screen cap, don't hotlink it here. Sears can serve us with a cease-and-desist and get the site in trouble. Go post it on Imageshack or the link without a hotlink.

I got 2 as well thanks original poster might try to go back and get 2 more, yeah stupid try push your luck with 10.

Price Matched at Best Buy at regular checkout line. There was a manager at the line I went to and when I handed her the print out she just ask were is the date. I showed her that I printed it out today and she did it. She took the print out otherwise I might of got more maybe.

I went to best buy to price match this and they didn't question it at all. So I picked one up for myself and 1 to sell here on CAG.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I went to best buy to price match this and they didn't question it at all. So I picked one up for myself and 1 to sell here on CAG.[/QUOTE]

How much?

[quote name='pladman']just tried at best buy...they did not match it because they said it was an online only special...i think they might've matched it if i only tried to get one or 2...but i tried to get 10[/QUOTE]
:applause:

I picked up two, price matched at the BB in Hamilton, OH. Thanks to OP. Cashier rung it up without any verification

Got it price matched easily. They had a bunch of Sherlock Holmes cases in stock so I also got that for free.

Just came back from Sherlock Holmes- fun movie (free, of course)

Bought some Live cards at a couple Kansas City Best Buys, w/ a printout of the Sears site, plus the deal stacked with the Sherlock Holmes kits.

Successfully PM'd at the BB in Dallas on 75. Guy at the checkout line was a cool gamer and didn't even question it. Also got the free Sherlock Holmes so sweet! Thanks a ton OP, my live was expiring in a week so great timing.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']got 2 from Fort Wayne, IN, no hassle.

would have tried more, but didn't want to flag the employee's attention and walk out with zero[/QUOTE]

Did you go to the Glenbrook or Jefferson Pointe location?

fucking forgot about Sherlock Holmes, but got two at a Charlotte, NC store.
I had to go to Customer Service because someone tried to price match speakers yesterday with an old ad so the store is on Alert, but the internet was down, so after 15 minutes of trying to get to the page, she gave up and gave it to me.

i got two(1 for me, gave other to friend) no problem. my friend she works there and PMed w/o question. i forgot about the Sherlock Holmes kits til i saw them after and didnt feel like getting back on line. is it possible i could go back during the week and show my receipt and they would give me two?

I tried PM at Wal-Mart but failed because you had to have an actual in-store ad... -_-
It seems like everyone is going to BB to PM. Is there a special reason that everyone is doing so that I don't know about? @.@

For any of you DFW CAGgers, I also hit up the Best Buy on 75 and was able to price match it without any hassle. The cashier was super nice, and she told me that she had already price matched it for earlier customers.

I also snagged the Sherlock Holmes pack; it's like Christmas all over again! :D

Called ahead before driving out to BB, I asked if they pm'd Sears. They said "Yes... What are you trying to pm?" Me: "An xbox card" (I didn't say specifically what it was). Her: "Let me ask me manager..." (1 min. later) Her: "My manager said we aren't taking that deal." me: "Oh, ok. Is there a specific reason why you guys aren't taking it?" Her: (Extremely rude tone) "My manager just said no, okay." Me: :)-? Surprised but calm) "Alright. Thank You, Good Bye". Then she just slams the phone down (Hurt my ear) and hangs up. No good bye, no thank you, nothing. (This was the BB in Orlando, FL - Mall at Millenia)

So, I didn't bother to even go to the store after that very rude experience. (Not the worst I've had or heard though) So fuck that best buy. #311 in Burbank all the way! haha

dxbrbnk, I don't understand why you would call ahead on a YMMV deal like this... your best chance of getting the deal would be going in person and speaking with a cashier yourself.

Alerting a manager would be the last thing you want to do :bomb:

[quote name='sang321']I tried PM at Wal-Mart but failed because you had to have an actual in-store ad... -_-
It seems like everyone is going to BB to PM. Is there a special reason that everyone is doing so that I don't know about? @.@[/QUOTE]

Everyone is going to Best Buy because people have had a lot of success PMing there, versus Walmart where most people who tried seem to have had the same luck as you. If you have a BB in your area, it's definitely worth a try. I just got 3 PMed (2 for myself, 1 for someone else) at the Best Buy in Williston , VT. Just did it at the register using a printout.

Yeah most definitely. Never call in for these kinds of things. Because they'll either take advantage of it themselves, and tell you there aren't any in stock, or just say no right out.

[quote name='Pollox']Everyone is going to Best Buy because people have had a lot of success PMing there, versus Walmart where most people who tried seem to have had the same luck as you. If you have a BB in your area, it's definitely worth a try. I just got 3 PMed (2 for myself, 1 for someone else) at the Best Buy in Williston , VT. Just did it at the register using a printout.[/QUOTE]
Lol. I thought there was some other special reason...
I do have a BB near me, but they're usually dicks to the customers... I'll try anyway when I get the chance. Thanks! ;)

Worked great at Queens Mall BB. Make sure you just go to the cashiers, it's crowded, so it moves fast..took about 5 seconds.

bread's done
Back