(OOS) $20 XBL 12 mo UPDATE: YMMV with in-store price-match

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I just got 3 at BB in Roseville, Ca (they also had plenty more left over). No problem took printout to cashregister with 3 cards and the guy looked at it then said "Usually on these kinds of discounts we have to call the store to check if they have it instock." I said ok that fine. He then said wait let me try something and ended up putting a discount on one of them and then proceeded with the other two. No manager or call needed. Also it rang up without tax. So 59.97 for 3- 12 Months is extremely satisfying.

[quote name='Sashka']Worked great at Queens Mall BB. Make sure you just go to the cashiers, it's crowded, so it moves fast..took about 5 seconds.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking this exact same thing, if I do take advantage of this I'll go into a crowded line (exact opposite mentality I always have), and see if they'll just ring it up because they want to keep the line moving, hah.

Sucess at my local bb. Guy was super cool and even asked for my printout so he can score some for homself.lol. Also picked up a Sherlock holmes pack.

Just got 16 of them PM'ed at the BB in North Richland Hills, TX (NorthEast Mall) near Fort Worth. Yeeeeeeaaahhhhhh Booooooiiiiiii. I cleaned out what they had on the shelf, and just brought it to the register with a printout from the Sears website.

[quote name='holy_warrior567']Just got 16 of them PM'ed at the BB in North Richland Hills, TX (NorthEast Mall) near Fort Worth. Yeeeeeeaaahhhhhh Booooooiiiiiii. I cleaned out what they had on the shelf, and just brought it to the register with a printout from the Sears website.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

I had success PMing a few at Best Buy in Sherman Oaks. Just spoke to the guy in the video game dept. He looked at it and just changed the price himself. Now that I have a receipt to prove the pricematch, i'm going to hit other best buy in the area ^^^^EXCEPT GLENDALE^^^^..

Every time I try to do it there, I get denied jerks...

[quote name='holy_warrior567']Just got 16 of them PM'ed at the BB in North Richland Hills, TX (NorthEast Mall) near Fort Worth. Yeeeeeeaaahhhhhh Booooooiiiiiii. I cleaned out what they had on the shelf, and just brought it to the register with a printout from the Sears website.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Diebythesword']:shock:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Color Chris']... this[/QUOTE]

ebay is his friend :applause:

[quote name='Rodster']ebay is his friend :applause:[/QUOTE]

He could actually flip all that on cag for 32 and undercut everyone.

GogetaSS4 was kind enough to sell his extras i'm assuming from the deal for $25. Everyone else is working in the 33 price range so I purchased from him and got to keep my ass nice and warm at home :bouncy:

Edit: can't feel too bad for you sang321, how does one acquire negative feedback lol that just blew my mind. Even some of the older people who did stuff had worked their way to the fifteen mark.

This deal worked for me. Sometimes wireddeals.com is faster with the deals than cag. I seen it listed there, paid and went today to pick it up. I had to wait 5 min 30 some seconds and since it was outside of the 5min mark they gave me a $5 off anything ticket.. Its like I get paid to take advantage of their mistakes. This with the best buy screw up with the messenger kit work out to $50 total for 2 years xbox live, chat pad, pgr4 and a headset. Cant beat it.

Wow, very nice, congrats man! Now would you be nice enough to give one to the person that alerted you of this deal, pretty please? ;)

Went to BB at Palm Beach Gardens, they didn't match the price because they said Sears was closing.:wall:Oh well.

No go for Best Buy in San Jose, CA (Almaden). Manager was nice about it but said they can't change prices on subscription items.

How long does sears normally hold in store pick up if you are able to order it? could you pick it up 2 days later with the receipt?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the link won't let me add to cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Wow, very nice, congrats man! Now would you be nice enough to give one to the person that alerted you of this deal, pretty please? ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry brother, I gots some profits to make! :p

[quote name='reapersaurus']Got 2 pricematched at BB, plus 1 Sherlock Holmes pack.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

ah crap forgot about this! u just need to buy 1 live product to get the sherlock holmes pack right? u think i could go back w receipt to scoop one up tomorrow?

edit - by the way price matched this at bestbuy surprisingly super easy pricematch this time... even tho i dont need live till like may haha but thanks guys picked it up just in case for now

[quote name='Curiousgeorge']How are people Price Matching this? My Best Buy isn't accepting PM to online deals.[/QUOTE]

It's all luck!

[quote name='The Color Chris']He could actually flip all that on cag for 32 and undercut everyone.

GogetaSS4 was kind enough to sell his extras i'm assuming from the deal for $25. Everyone else is working in the 33 price range so I purchased from him and got to keep my ass nice and warm at home :bouncy:

Edit: can't feel too bad for you sang321, how does one acquire negative feedback lol that just blew my mind. Even some of the older people who did stuff had worked their way to the fifteen mark.[/QUOTE]

Haha. It was from a lowball auction where I didn't pay because I didn't fully understand the item description. Big whoop. :lol:
Seems like almost everyone is getting it PMed at Sears or BB.
Will try it BB CASH REGISTER tomorrow, I'm desperate... :drool:

Really appreciate the advice. Thanks to you guys I was able to price match at Best Buy earlier today. No problems whatsoever at the BB next to the Florida Mall in Orlando. They even printed out the paper themselves! I was able to pick up the card and Left 4 Dead 2 for a little over $60. Thanks guys!

[quote name='The SPism']ah crap forgot about this! u just need to buy 1 live product to get the sherlock holmes pack right? u think i could go back w receipt to scoop one up tomorrow?
[/QUOTE]

I am curious about this as well. Does anyone know if they will honor their own deal in a PM?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I am curious about this as well. Does anyone know if they will honor their own deal in a PM?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so imo but anyone can contradict me... :/
I doubt that they would let you go back to get a free item to go along with an item that you got PMed...
I say that your best bet is to return it (if it is unopened), and get it PMed if they will let you PM it again. :drool:

A question for people that have done the price match.

Do you get a card that's similar to the one in the pictures, and is it the one in a plastic box or the one that is just the card?

The XBL card is just that, a plastic card.

The Holmes stuff comes in an Xbox case (yay, I can recycle them) with the avatar codes (in the same packaging they use for the 48 hour trials) as well as a voucher for the movie ticket.

[quote name='Amblix']A question for people that have done the price match.

Do you get a card that's similar to the one in the pictures, and is it the one in a plastic box or the one that is just the card?[/QUOTE]
The card I think. That's what I got.

[quote name='Amblix']A question for people that have done the price match.

Do you get a card that's similar to the one in the pictures, and is it the one in a plastic box or the one that is just the card?[/QUOTE]

The plastic box you're probably thinking of is the 12 month LIVE messenger kit with a chat pad, head set, and PGR4. (with the 12 month LIVE card of course)

Alright, and does the card have to look exactly like it does in the Sears sale pic? Best Buy near my place had all of those sold out because they were on sale for 39.99, but the same 12 month card but with a ODST/MW 2 pics on them were still 49.99.

[quote name='Amblix']Alright, and does the card have to look exactly like it does in the Sears sale pic? Best Buy near my place had all of those sold out because they were on sale for 39.99, but the same 12 month card but with a ODST/MW 2 pics on them were still 49.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem. If it's the same product with a slightly different design, it should have the same UPC.

[quote name='Amblix']Alright, and does the card have to look exactly like it does in the Sears sale pic? Best Buy near my place had all of those sold out because they were on sale for 39.99, but the same 12 month card but with a ODST/MW 2 pics on them were still 49.99.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, they are all the same product. I bought the Halo ODST one as it was all they had - all it is is a picture on the card.

Picked up 2 earlier, CS rep was dumb founded, walked away (I take it she went to a manager) came back less then a minute later and just changed it. =]

You could always buy it at Sears then take the receipt to Best Buy to pricematch. They usually take those better as a screenshot off the internet can be easily modified

bread's done
Back