(OOS) $20 XBL 12 mo UPDATE: YMMV with in-store price-match

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Long story short, I came to visit my aunt in San Jose.
Her nearest BestBuy is in: Clovis, CA, #1188, the manager allowed me to get one, when I was paying for three. The one I was able to get was the one that is displayed at Sears online deal. The other two had halo design 1yr subscr., and she claimed she could not match it because they were different. I explained they did the same thing, just different card layout, and was only able to get one, and as for Sears in Clovis, Sierra Vista mall, I was able to get two. Any suggestions, I need to get two more, I have the BB receipt were I purchased 1 and it was matched for 19.99 and the Sears receipt were I purchased 2 in store.

Went to BB last night and got it proce matched. Handed the print out to the cashier and she looked dumb founded like the print out was in Latin. She excused herself and went to talk to the head cashier, then she came back, looked at me and excused herself a second time. She was gone for almost five minutes then when she finally came back, she told me she had to call to verify. I figured I was going to get denied at that point. She called Sears, spoke to someone and then did the PM for me. I'm thinking about going back and getting a second card after work. I'm going to take the print out and the receipt from last night in hopes that it speeds up the process this time around.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']Long story short, I came to visit my aunt in San Jose.
Her nearest BestBuy is in: Clovis, CA, #1188, the manager allowed me to get one, when I was paying for three. The one I was able to get was the one that is displayed at Sears online deal. The other two had halo design 1yr subscr., and she claimed she could not match it because they were different. I explained they did the same thing, just different card layout, and was only able to get one, and as for Sears in Clovis, Sierra Vista mall, I was able to get two. Any suggestions, I need to get two more, I have the BB receipt were I purchased 1 and it was matched for 19.99 and the Sears receipt were I purchased 2 in store.[/QUOTE]

I got two Halo branded Xbox Live cards at the Clovis store yesterday, but the cashier in question never checked with the manager. My best advise to go to the BB in Fresno proper (not too far away from the Clovis store) & try there today.

Anyone tried this at any of the stores in West LA? Also, is it better to go up to customer service or just take everything to the register?

At the Knoxville Center Mall store (East TN), I was told the cards are also on sale in-store and will still be on sale Tuesday when their truck arrives and they receive more.

So how exactly does the Sherlock Holmes movie pack work?
Is it in like an xbox 360 game case behind the cash register, or do I just pick it up in an aisle?
Is the promotion still running?
Also, how do I prove the ad I printed out is current?
Thanks in advance.

No go at the BB @ Crossroads in Cary, NC. They contact Sears and look it up online too.

If someone who has had luck with this could get me 2 cards I would be glad to pay you a little extra for your time and gas. PM if you can help me out. Thanks!

I was able to luck out with my BB employee contact. HE saw the printout, noticed the layout since he was a former Sears employee. Called his manager over just in case but still saw the proff even through difficult searching, but helped me out anyway. Got 2 years for 39.98, no tax involved.

photo.php

Got 2 PMed at BB in S FLa , the one near the sawgrass mall. $39.98 no tax. The girl didn't say anything just changed the price. I did forget to get the Sherlock Holmes packs, are those given instore?

Was pricematched yesterday at the Easton Mall, Columbus Ohio location. They said it was a mistake but they had to give it to me because they found it online.

How are you guys pricematching this? It is no longer on the Sears website. I know theres a print out...but still...dont they need to check the website? You think its still worth a try even though its now been removed?

[quote name='creap']Got 2 PMed at BB in S FLa , the one near the sawgrass mall. $39.98 no tax. The girl didn't say anything just changed the price. I did forget to get the Sherlock Holmes packs, are those given instore?[/QUOTE]

Which girl?

At the CS counter or the registers?

I went last night to the same exact store and got denied by a girl in Customer Service because "they dont price match online". I told her it was in-store too but she said no.

All that for just one. PLEASE let me know so I can go back and get one.

[quote name='mistrsam']So how exactly does the Sherlock Holmes movie pack work?
Is it in like an xbox 360 game case behind the cash register, or do I just pick it up in an aisle?
Is the promotion still running?
Also, how do I prove the ad I printed out is current?
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I just went back to BB and picked up the Sherlock Holmes pack because I forgot it yesterday when I pricematched the 12 month card. It was done without a fuss in the Loop in Kissimmee. The pack is in a 360 game case and they had them mixed in with the regular games in the aisle. They only had a few left and I doubt they will be restocking them.

I actually picked up two of the packs because my mother had bought a 1600 microsoft space bucks card for me for Christmas. Even though the promotion said purchases after 12/25 it was still fixed without any problems.

It all depends on who you're dealing with. You might get lucky and have someone that's going to help you, or get a douche that is going to shoot you down like a retarded duck. Good luck to whoever finds the packs and if you are still trying to pm the 12 month card deal. If you have a printout just take it to the register and hope to get lucky. They can fix the price there without managers approval if they really wanted to.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Which girl?

At the CS counter or the registers?

I went last night to the same exact store and got denied by a girl in Customer Service because "they dont price match online". I told her it was in-store too but she said no.

All that for just one. PLEASE let me know so I can go back and get one.[/QUOTE]

It was one of the 3-4 registers that was open in the front. Luck of the draw on the girl, I was in line and she was finished first with her customer. Aside, I think its better to go up to the counter with a sort of swagger as in you know this is going to work. I handed her the card, had my daughter hand the print out (ya kids help a little too i think) and then I showed her my RZ card to scan that, once that was scanned I had my CC in hand and getting ready to swipe it and she says hold on I gotta adjust the price. She changed it and by looking at the receipt there was $10 sales going on currently and she took $20 off by discount. She kept the papers and I was out the door.

[quote name='Los 33x']I just went back to BB and picked up the Sherlock Holmes pack because I forgot it yesterday when I pricematched the 12 month card. It was done without a fuss in the Loop in Kissimmee. The pack is in a 360 game case and they had them mixed in with the regular games in the aisle. They only had a few left and I doubt they will be restocking them.

I actually picked up two of the packs because my mother had bought a 1600 microsoft space bucks card for me for Christmas. Even though the promotion said purchases after 12/25 it was still fixed without any problems.

It all depends on who you're dealing with. You might get lucky and have someone that's going to help you, or get a douche that is going to shoot you down like a retarded duck. Good luck to whoever finds the packs and if you are still trying to pm the 12 month card deal. If you have a printout just take it to the register and hope to get lucky. They can fix the price there without managers approval if they really wanted to.[/QUOTE]

Appreciated, I guess I'll stop by mine today.

i'm gonna assume that seasoned BB emplyees are given carte blanche to pricematch anything?? LOL

i went yesterday to the 98-051 Kamehameha Highway, Aiea (Honolulu, HI) BB and had no problems at all getting a card price matched using the printout ($19.99 exactly - no tax, which was really weird!) In fact, the sales clerk thanked me for providing the printout - I suppose most people try to get stuff PM'd w/o any on-hand proof???

thanks OP, and thread contributors!

While I haven't gotten mine from anywhere I will sell a 3 month I just got from american express for $15 paypal gift, PM me if interested.

Worked here. Got a live card for $20! :D The cashier was a middle aged asian lady who didn't seem to speak much english though so that probably affected it

EDIT: BRING THE PRINTOUT IN!!!!!

I printed out the imageshack screenshot. Picked up "one" 12 month card and waited in the long line. I was extra friendly to the gal then told her I called already and spoke to a mgr and got approval for the price match and that all I needed to do was bring in the print out. She asked who I spoke to. I said I couldnt remember. I then told her I would rather come here than the mall or sears. She said ok and I left the store. This was at the Lynnwood, WA store.

So i bought it Saturday (without realizing i could have gotten the Sherlock Holmes Pack). Has anyone tried buying the pm'ed card w. the Sherlock Holmes pack included ?

Bought 2 cards in Roseville, MN today, $19.99 (plus tax) each, with the printout.

But I think I got lucky. . .there was a big line behind me. Thank you Fast Cashiering!

[quote name='nycmetsfan']So i bought it Saturday (without realizing i could have gotten the Sherlock Holmes Pack). Has anyone tried buying the pm'ed card w. the Sherlock Holmes pack included ?[/QUOTE]

They will include the Sherlock Holmes pack if you grab one.

Unfortunately Highland, IN decided to call Sears to double check, and Sears told them it was online only. Prior to that I was in the clear, because the head cashier lady told her to go ahead and price match it. As an afterthought, head cashier lady called. :whistle2:|

Has anyone tried Merrillville/Hobart, IN yet?

I tried again in Laurel, MD and failed. Has anyone gotten this to work in Columbia, Laurel, or Arundel Mills?

Frank

Got denied cuz a manager made some bullshit up about subscription cards not activating right if they are pricematched. Whatever, I'll try again later.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']So i bought it Saturday (without realizing i could have gotten the Sherlock Holmes Pack). Has anyone tried buying the pm'ed card w. the Sherlock Holmes pack included ?[/QUOTE]

i forgot about this too and tried to go back today to have them fix it cause yes u should get the holmes pack w it

the cs rep was real cool and trying to do it for me but realized that i had to return the card and rebuy w the pack and she'd still keep the pricematch on there w no problem...

then she realized that i cant rebuy the same card because supposedly the code becomes invalid on it if i return it and they throw them out she mentioned... so i needed to go find a new card to do the transaction with...

BUT of course this bestbuy is the only one in the area that was SOLD OUT of any more cards... so in the end ii walked away w no sherlock holmes pack.. might try a further bestbuy few min away cause online it says they have it in stock and it's where i originally bought the card

but just for all you people who were wondering u should be able to go back and have them adjust it with the free holmes pack.. but of course YMMV

Got 2 in Salinas, CA BB only problem I had was the cashier wanted a print out that was printed today but once I reprinted it I went back and it worked.

I got 4 yesterday in Pleasant Hill, CA. Wasn't planning to go to this location but it happened to be on the way to my parents' house so I stopped and tried my luck. I could have bought more but I decided not to be greedy. 1 for each of my brothers and me. The cashier was a bit slow but he asked his manager and they let it through. I told them that the item was available for in-store pickup at Sears but I wanted to get it from Best Buy instead for RZ points. Looking back, I should have bought more and spraed the Holiday cheer to my fellow CAG's... next time.

[quote name='hypertails02']Just curious - to those who successfully price matched at Best Buy, did you guys go to the register lines or customer service?[/QUOTE]

Customer service, they're used to that sort of thing and will be less likely to call managers in, who will probably void the deal as it's online...

[quote name='hypertails02']Just curious - to those who successfully price matched at Best Buy, did you guys go to the register lines or customer service?[/QUOTE]
REGISTER LINES!
If you go to the CS, you have a bigger chance of getting rejected. At the register lines, they are less likely to care about calling and etc. ;)

I got mine at the register. They didn't call.

[quote name='2sday']Got denied cuz a manager made some bullshit up about subscription cards not activating right if they are pricematched. Whatever, I'll try again later.[/QUOTE]

My store manager said the same thing. Says they can't pricematch Live cards :(

[quote name='Mahoney07']My store manager said the same thing. Says they can't pricematch Live cards :([/QUOTE]

That's BS, clearly an excuse to not give you the deal. Not that it's a legit PM (since its online), but cards not PMing is not the right excuse.

Dang, I feel dumb. I tried it at my local BB, but they denied it because it was from imageshack (when it printed, it had the link on the top). I asked them to search it online to verify, but they said even though the price was on the sears website, when they clicked on it, it saidundefined. I'm gonna print it out again, cut off the top part with the imageshack link and try another Best Buy.

just wanted to update that i was able to return and rebuy the card at customer service to get the sherlock holmes movie pack

Confirmed at Fayetteville, NC BB... but it took forever.

I went to a cashier who started to price match and then told me since it was over $30 I had to go to customer service to verify. Customer service tried for like 20 minutes to verify online but her computer was acting up... she even asked me to type it in for her. After not being able to verify online she called the local Sears just down the street... and they confirmed the price. Woo hoo!

If that did not work I was going to try Wal-Mart after 9pm so they could not call to verify.

Customer service told me that its impossible to alter the price of the card since its an unusual type of item. Went to cashier with the last 3 cards they had and the guy did it without a problem. If one cashier says no just say thanks and go to a different one. fuck them.

Sweet! Thanks! I just picked up 4 of 'em. The cashier just looked at the printout and said it was a really good deal. She PMed it without any contact with the manager/customer service.

[quote name='creap']It was one of the 3-4 registers that was open in the front. Luck of the draw on the girl, I was in line and she was finished first with her customer. Aside, I think its better to go up to the counter with a sort of swagger as in you know this is going to work. I handed her the card, had my daughter hand the print out (ya kids help a little too i think) and then I showed her my RZ card to scan that, once that was scanned I had my CC in hand and getting ready to swipe it and she says hold on I gotta adjust the price. She changed it and by looking at the receipt there was $10 sales going on currently and she took $20 off by discount. She kept the papers and I was out the door.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Went to another BB just in case and got hooked up with one card.:) (I used my son this time around as per your suggestion LOL)

I may try and get one more so I dont have to worry about Live membership for a long while but I've spent so much this year already (bought a new TV) that I think my wife would have a fit.

So for those of you getting the Sherlock Holmes movie packs for free, can you get MULTIPLE movie tickets for free with MULTIPLE Live cards?? For example, if I pricematch 2 Live cards, will 2 Sherlock Holmes packs come up for free??

bread's done
Back