(OOS) $20 XBL 12 mo UPDATE: YMMV with in-store price-match

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Receipt from a successful price-match doesn't work at the BBs that would not price-match in the first place. I tried two.

[quote name='carribeanjak']yea i tried best buy it didn't work they don't price match online ads only receipts[/QUOTE]

Really, that's strange, I got a price match at a local best buy, usually they would tell me they price match only certain stores (which sears is one) as long as it's not a door buster deal, i just took a print out of the sears site showing the 20 bux cards and they priced match . I got one in the morn and went back at noon cuz i decided I should pick up another while it's good. :lol:

It worked, if you live in The Bronx in NYC go to the BestBuy on Fordham Road where Sears is right next door. I took the print out and got 2.

This worked for me, I went to the best buy in bay ridge, NYC .. Picked up two 1 year subscriptions for $38.00... also picked up modern warfare 2 for 39.00. Best Best buy experience ive ever had. (went to the register)

[quote name='Chrism']Does it work at Walmart?[/QUOTE]
I tired it there. They told me that I had to have an actual newspaper ad to do the pricematch.

I just pulled this off today in Oklahoma City, OK. Got to years out of the deal. Only cost me $39.98 and I don't know why. But I am not complaining lol

I might try again....I have a second XBOX in my bedroom that I use as a media server basically, but I might like to get a second account so my wife could use it also...Cannot go wrong for $20. I wish i brought two to the register, but I didn't want to look greedy.

Damn how are people STILL pulling this off? This has been a deal for a week! Maybe I need to pay my Best Buy another visit.

Successful at best buy in Greensboro nc off of wend over, just went to customer service with add in hand and after 10 mins successful price match for 2 xbox live cards

I was in LV(North) and I had completely forgotten someone uploaded an image of the Xbox Live 12 Month Cards for 20 to imageshack when I was there >< I'm going to try like a mad man to get my local Wal Mart or BB to price match.

Walked out of Target in Rochester, NY with 10 of these at $20 a piece. I just looked for one of the new employees with the training team member name tag and asked them to price match it. They didn't even blink in eye at the request lol.

[quote name='Onikami']Walked out of Target in Rochester, NY with 10 of these at $20 a piece. I just looked for one of the new employees with the training team member name tag and asked them to price match it. They didn't even blink in eye at the request lol.[/QUOTE]

WOW 10 years worth of live.

I tried to use my BB receipt at WalMart for a price-match and they wouldn't do it without calling BB about it.

Since the deal is now dead, I'd think it's unethical to try to pm the deal to other stores. Most stores policies only allow pming of live deals. It's particularly wrong to pm for the purpose of hording like the person a couple of posts up who bought 10.

[quote name='JTHuffy']Since the deal is now dead, I'd think it's unethical to try to pm the deal to other stores. Most stores policies only allow pming of live deals. It's particularly wrong to pm for the purpose of hording like the person a couple of posts up who bought 10.[/QUOTE]
Lucky for us, the world revolves around the almighty dollar, and not ethics. ;)

Wow, so I see a number of you have made the assumption that I will be reselling the 10 subscription cards I bought. Well hate to burst your bubble but your wrong, I actually bought most of them as gifts. I am about to move cross country WA but still have family and friends here in NY so I thought buying additional cards to give to some of them as a gift so we could still play games together would be a good idea. None will be resold, I have already received a number of PMs asking me to sell them and I have had to turn each one down accordingly. I will be keeping three for myself as I currently have no xbox live subscription and the rest will be distributed to my friends and family that currently have an xbox 360.

[quote name='Onikami']Wow, so I see a number of you have made the assumption that I will be reselling the 10 subscription cards I bought. Well hate to burst your bubble but your wrong, I actually bought most of them as gifts. I am about to move cross country WA but still have family and friends here in NY so I thought buying additional cards to give to some of them as a gift so we could still play games together would be a good idea. None will be resold, I have already received a number of PMs asking me to sell them and I have had to turn each one down accordingly. I will be keeping three for myself as I currently have no xbox live subscription and the rest will be distributed to my friends and family that currently have an xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Who cares?
Honestly, who cares?
I got two when the deal was 'valid', but now this is getting out of hand into the scammy region. Yes, guy above, yours too.

Shouldn't we just close this thread? I'm getting tired of the endless posts of people either pissed off they couldn't scam a store or bragging that they did scam a store. I don't care if you do it - I'm just tired of this thread.

Success! I got 2 cards for $39.98 ($19.99 ea.). No tax either! At store #311 in Burbank, IL. I gave the lady the print out, she scanned it. Then she's like "Let me get a manager..." So she starts waving and looking for one. To try to stop a manager from coming I tell her "The cards are exactly the same (picture and actual card)." Her: "No, this is a gold card". Me: "Yeah, they're both 12-months, see. (pointing at card and picture)" Her: "Oh, okay. (Types in computer, overides price.)" I also tried the sherlock holmes box, but it came up as $19.99 ea. So I left it.

I gave a card to my brother and so I now have Gold until 5/16/2011.

[quote name='terithegreat']I got this to work two days ago... I brought it in on my iphone, so when the clerk looked at it it looked live & no one bothered to check. Ended up picking up two :)[/QUOTE]
Hm, I might have to try that.

I tried ordering this for in store pickup a few days ago and received an email saying it was out of stock and my order was cancelled.

Today I received a message on my phone that my order was ready for store pickup.

I checked on the website for my credit card and the charge has been removed.

I never had an order go through in the past when I received a cancellation email.

Has anyone done this successfully recently? I live in the Metro Detroit area and really need to get my 1 year XBL card... if not, does anyone have any extra code they could sell me?

I used a print out with just the image(so no address bar). Took two cards up there, 19.99 a piece. I welcome you all to still try, the worse they can do is tell you no. Good Hunting

[quote name='OmniscientlyMe']Dang, people are still doing this?! It's basically petty fraud now.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's called false pretenses, but yes, borderline criminal

bread's done
Back