[OOS] Batman Anthology $58.87 shipped + Coupon expires Aug 3rd

Lice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
{Currently Out Of Stock}

So i have been looking for the first two films because I haven't seen them in years and I'm in the batman spirit. I decided why not get the whole set, but then i started looking around to notice batman and batman returns are easily going for 40 each. As a cag I cant bend to that so I started looking for the anthology, I was shocked to look around online to see the prices all around $100 for this thing. I happened to run into it at Barnes&noble.com.

Batman: the Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997
DVD - Special Edition / Wide Screen / Slip Sleeve
Online Price: $63.99

15% off One Item Printable Coupon and Online Barnes and Noble coupon code J4H7X7R [Exp. 08/03] (All customers)
Coupon -$9.60

New Total: $54.39

Shipment Subtotal: $54.39
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Sales Tax: $4.48
Shipment Total: $58.87

There yah go...!

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD...gy-1989-1997/Tim-Burton/e/012569716599/?itm=1

Last edited by a moderator:
I would only want the first one or second on bluray. Those are not coming out until Dark Knight comes out (rumored) and if thats the case that wont be until near the holidays. And if I have to have them because the film is that re watchable then ill get them off amazon down the line. But for now this is a great deal for a rare oop set.

I haven't checked CAG regularly since 2006 but for some reason logged on tonight, and I'm glad I saw your post. I just picked this up and had it shipped to my dorm in Delaware (no taxes) and I had a $5 gift card laying around, so this one came to $49 and change for me...thanks!

They're not even that great. Forever and Robin are atrocious, Returns has nothing to do with Batman really, and Batman 1989 is rather silly stuff thats pretty much typical Burton but with a Nicholson performance. And after seeing Ledger I'm not sure I can even watch Nicholson.

Thanks OP, in for a set. Also to those who participate in Ebates, you can get an additional 4% off.

Granted The Dark Knight blows these films out of the water but I still enjoy the Keaton/Burton flicks for what they were worth at the time.

if your a member...pretty esy to sign up i believe, the price works out to be:
$50.21 + tax + free shipping (after coupon)

[quote name='miyamotofreak']They're not even that great. Forever and Robin are atrocious, Returns has nothing to do with Batman really, and Batman 1989 is rather silly stuff thats pretty much typical Burton but with a Nicholson performance. And after seeing Ledger I'm not sure I can even watch Nicholson.[/quote]

I think you're being a bit harsh and unfairly comparing the older Batman films to Begins and Dark Knight, which were both excellent movies. Batman was a really good film, and Nicholson's performance was over-the-top but very effective. Before Ledger's Joker, everyone drooled over the job Nicholson did. Batman Returns was a bit too dark and, yes, did not focus enough on Batman. Still, not a bad movie. Even Forever was pretty well-reviewed, but takes some flack for being more mainstream and kid-friendly. Batman and Robin is the only one of them which was really terrible.

I'll pick this set up when it comes to Blu-ray.

I've been unloading some stuff of mine I don't need on Amazon Marketplace because I need the money. When I looked up the Batman set last week on a whim & saw how much it was going for, I put mine up for $100 in a heartbeat & it sold in less than a day. :)

I'll upgrade the first 3 to blu-ray eventually, and be happy to be rid of the 4th forever.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Did anybody else who ordered this get a shipping date around 8/21? Or did I just get in late?[/quote]

I got the same date...makes me a little nervous on if they actually have them or not.

[quote name='Lice']it says on the right side of the page:

Usually available in 1-2 weeks

[/quote]

Yes. What's your point? That could mean anything. They might have to pull it from a warehouse. They might have to order more copies (in which case, we're screwed). They might not even realize the set is out of print and that more copies aren't just readily available (in which case, we're really screwed).

In the hopes of finding an answer, I emailed their customer support, asking if they actually had more supply, since the set is out of print and hard to find. I'm hoping I'll have an answer sometime tomorrow.

Wow, I'm glad I picked this up when it came out. I think I got it for around $35 at Target at the time; had no idea it'd be so tough to find now. Hell, $50 is still worth it. Despite Batman & Robin being so bad the special features on each movie are pretty damn good. Particularly the "Shadow of the Bat"(I think it's called) is a great history of Batman.

[quote name='txdave34']out of stock now. :([/quote]

Sorry to hear that for you, but it's slightly encouraging for the rest of us that they actually knew how many they had. Either that, or my email made them realize that they were selling a product that no longer exists. Still haven't gotten a response yet. Hoping for good news soon.

[quote name='blum3']I might pick this up, I want Batman (Keaton, Nicholson) on Blu ray though.[/quote]

Where are you going to get it from?

Well I was officially denied my request for a price adjustment which annoys me since there was like a 10 minute difference between the time I placed my order and the time of the $8 price drop. Ultimately though, I'll just be happy if I receive this.

I finally got a response about the availability of this set. Here's what they said:

I have your order being shipped on 08/21/08 I see no problem why it
would not and to it shipping sooner there is no garunty that it will..

Visit www.bn.com and click on the options that appear in the upper
right-hand corner to view information about your order.
All spelling aside ("garunty"? yech!!!), this at least gives me hope that I'll have it some time this month. It would be nice if it shipped sooner though.

bumping this to see if anybody has gotten theirs yet. My "expected shipping date" is today (8/21)...and I haven't heard a single thing. I'm going to call tomorrow to find out why it hasn't shipped yet. If they even dare tell me they don't have any in stock, I'm going to go apeshit on them. That was the whole point of me contacting them 2.5 weeks ago, to make sure they knew this was an out of print item they were selling.

Well, it doesn't look good. I just got this email:

[quote name='Barnes&Noble']
Dear Jordan,

Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the merchandise listed below in the time frame indicated in our previous email. We anticipate that your merchandise will be shipped within the next 1-5 business days. (Please note: business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office.)
As always, you will not be charged until this merchandise ships from our warehouse.

We assume that you still want to purchase this merchandise. However, if you would like to cancel this portion of your order, you may do so online at: http://www.bn.com/orderstatus.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

-- Barnes & Noble

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they really mean it and don't just keep pushing it back!

Just received this email from B&N.

Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the merchandise
listed below in the time frame indicated in our previous email. We
anticipate that your merchandise will be shipped within the next 1-5
business days. (Please note: business days are Monday through Friday,
excluding holidays observed by the Post Office.)

As always, you will not be charged until this merchandise ships from
our warehouse.

We assume that you still want to purchase this merchandise. However,
if you would like to cancel this portion of your order, you may do so
online at: http://www.bn.com/orderstatus.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

-- Barnes & Noble

I guess that just bought them some time to try to track down more of
these sets. I just hope the 1-5 business days thing isn't BS. I
guess we'll see.

[quote name='TJordan522']Well, it doesn't look good. I just got this email:

Hopefully they really mean it and don't just keep pushing it back![/quote]

haha, wow...we're on the same wavelength I guess. A little late at night for them to be sending out support emails though don't you think?

All of you do realize that these will be out on Blu-ray before you know it, right? Especially considering the recent mind-blowing success of The Dark Knight.

[quote name='GenPion']All of you do realize that these will be out on Blu-ray before you know it, right? Especially considering the recent mind-blowing success of The Dark Knight.[/QUOTE]

Still, I was looking forward to picking up the set for only $50 on DVD. It was going to be a birthday gift for my brother and now I'm out of luck with only a week to go until his birthday.

[quote name='TJordan522']Cancelled :whistle2:([/quote]

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off about this. For the price, this would have been a really great pickup. Does anyone even know how they're going to do the Blu-Ray set? Like if it's still going to be just the first four movies, or if they're going to throw all of them together. Because I don't want Batman Begins (or DK for that matter) because I already own it in HD.

Honestly, I have my doubts that the Blu-Ray set will be much of an improvement anyway. These are really low-light movies we're talking about here...the newest of which is STILL over 10 years old. I just don't see them being drastically improved.

I'm going to call Barnes & Noble tomorrow to make sure they're aware how fucking retarded they are. I'm going to make sure the CSR knows that I contacted them a few days after I placed my order to make sure that they were aware it was an out of print item, and that they actually had stock left to ship. I was told there would be no problems.

Not that I EVER buy anything from them, but if they don't kiss my ass on this one, I'll be sure to let them know the negative word of mouth publicity I'll be giving them.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off about this. For the price, this would have been a really great pickup. Does anyone even know how they're going to do the Blu-Ray set? Like if it's still going to be just the first four movies, or if they're going to throw all of them together. Because I don't want Batman Begins (or DK for that matter) because I already own it in HD.

Honestly, I have my doubts that the Blu-Ray set will be much of an improvement anyway. These are really low-light movies we're talking about here...the newest of which is STILL over 10 years old. I just don't see them being drastically improved.

I'm going to call Barnes & Noble tomorrow to make sure they're aware how fucking retarded they are. I'm going to make sure the CSR knows that I contacted them a few days after I placed my order to make sure that they were aware it was an out of print item, and that they actually had stock left to ship. I was told there would be no problems.

Not that I EVER buy anything from them, but if they don't kiss my ass on this one, I'll be sure to let them know the negative word of mouth publicity I'll be giving them.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how you make out, I already sent them a very angry email.

[quote name='TJordan522']Let me know how you make out, I already sent them a very angry email.[/quote]

Yeeeeeah...I got nowhere. The guy told me that if the order gets delayed a second time, the system just automatically cancels it. I tried telling him that I anticipated that there might be a problem with the item, but when I called to confirm availability, I was told it would ship no problem.

He didn't really have an answer for that. Just told me that "usually, when the system allows an order to be placed, it means that there is stock available in a warehouse somewhere". He said he didn't know why this happened this time. I asked if he had any idea whether they'd ever have any more of the item (a futile question, I realize...but at this point, I was reaching). He said there's no way for them to know.

In conclusion, Barnes & Noble's inventory system sucks and their CSR's are robots...a fitting description for corporate America in general. Maybe this will somehow work out for the better when the Blu-Ray set comes out...but I don't even want to know how much that thing is going to be.

sorry it tanked guys... Well just have to wait for some sort of re-release. If they do it on blu they will do it on regular dvd so you will most likely have options.

Down with B&N!

bread's done
Back